Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pinkas
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture (resized).PNG

#1 4 months ago

Hello there, on my Happy Clown the 100 score reel does not advance during the 4. ball of the 4. player, and the 10 score reel does not advance during the 5. ball of the 4. Player. On all other balls and Players everything ok. Any ideas? I already cleaned the contacts on the ball played unit and on the 4th player relay, no change.

#2 4 months ago

You would need to find the circuits that send power to the 100 point score reel and the 10 point score reel. Most likely, power is not getting to the 100 point relay and the 10 point relay during those points in the game. Do you have a schematic for the machine?

#3 4 months ago

Well, the BPU is the main thing here, but there are some switches to check.

Capture (resized).PNG
#4 4 months ago

Thank you for your help, yes I do have the schematics for the game and I also think the BPU is the main issue, but I will check all the switches on this part of the schematics, does anybody know what those 4 resistors are for?

#5 4 months ago

Gruezi Pinkas
one explanation of the resistors is "preheating the coils of AA-, BX-, CC- and DD-Relay(s)" - make them react faster.
another explanation is "suppressing sparks on the Balls Played Unit".
Once Your problems are fixed You may try: Unsolder one of the resistors - then watch the unit when it steps --- do You see on the one step "no more having the resistor" spark(s) ?

Bring Your pin in "Player-4 is playing Ball-5" - then a friend manually makes 10 points on the Playfield - YOU watch the M-10-Point-Relay - big question: Does the M-Relay actuate ? (The M-Relay probably is mounted in the Baxkbox.) Greetings Rolf

1 week later
#6 4 months ago

Hello there, finally got to it since it was a rainy yesterday. Found it and you were right it was the BPU, some " technician" took the hairpin out and let the BPU fall down on to the wood of the backbox and one of the spring loaded pins got bend a Little bit and so it could not reach al contacts any more, it was such a tiny distance between pin and contact point one could not see. Bent it straight and now all works fine. Thanks a lot guys for your help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 20.00
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 999.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 199.00
Lighting - Interactive
Medisinyl Mods
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 19.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
£ 12.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside