Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Funland Z relay (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Hi,

I bought a Gottlieb Fun Land at an auction 20 years ago and it has been in storage ever since. I pulled it out a couple of weeks ago and got it pretty much working. As I was going through it, I realized that there is a component missing under the playfield. There is a label where the component is supposed to be that says “spin score control relay”. There is also a Jones plug socket next to it that has nothing plugged into it. The spinners on this game have two functions: they spot a number and they score points, either 5, 50, or 500. The spotting of the number works but the spinners score no points. So this missing component must be what controls the spinner points.

I figured out that the missing component is an AS component and I have purchased one on Ebay. My question is, do any of you guys happen to own this game and could you shoot me a couple of pics of the underside of the play field? The AS unit I have is a double, it has a spinner on both sides but I'm pretty certain I only need one side of this as there is only one jones plug socket. A couple of pics would really grease the rails for me. Thanks for any and all help.

Also, there is another empty jones plug under the play field at the very bottom left of the play field. It has 14 hole socket that nothing is plugged in to. There is another 14 hole jones plug right next to it that is connected and appears to control some of the lights on the play field. Any idea what is supposed to go here? I guess when I bought this thing I should have opened it up to be sure it was complete. Anyway, would appreciate some pics from a working game of both of these areas. Many thanks.

Curt

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from BurtronRaoolala:

The AS unit I have is a double, it has a spinner on both sides but I'm pretty certain I only need one side of this as there is only one jones plug socket

Your Spin Score Control (Y) relay needs both disks. The disk shown at 5B on the schematic controls the 5/50/500 lights downhill from the spinning playfield targets. The other disk is shown at 5F and controls the associated scoring.

#3 1 year ago

Thanks Howard, I appreciate your response. I’ll see if I can figure it out via the schematic and your clues. Any ideas regarding the second part of my question?

Thanks again.

#4 1 year ago

Any ideas regarding the second part of my question?

Also, there is another empty jones plug under the play field at the very bottom left of the play field. It has 14 hole socket that nothing is plugged in to. There is another 14 hole jones plug right next to it that is connected and appears to control some of the lights on the play field. Any idea what is supposed to go here?

A picture might help, but another way to go would be to contact one of the other 60+ Funland owners.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/fun-land/owners

#5 1 year ago

I did not realize that this was possible. Thanks for the excellent information.

#6 1 year ago

This game has three AS or mini stepper relays:
- Y/Spin Score Control relay
- Z/Spin relay
- AS/2 Coins Per Play relay

Could you be missing the Z/Spin relay too?
Funland Z relay (resized).jpgFunland Z relay (resized).jpg
/Mark

#7 1 year ago

Hey Mark,

No, the Z/spin relay is in there and operating as is the Coins per play AS relay.

I think I'm going to figure out what I need to do to the AS relay I purchased to make it work in this game. Then I will figure out what the other empty jones plug is supposed to have in it.

The game is up and running and it appears that everything is working correctly except for the point value lights on the spinners and the correct scoring of the spinners, which I think is all done by the Y relay that I'm trying to create by modifying the one I bought.

I'm still pretty green at reading schematics but you guys have helped me get up to speed. I appreciate it very much.

Divide and conquer!

Curt

#8 1 year ago

There's something about that game which seems to eat these AS units alive!

#9 1 year ago

Funny, you are not the first person to tell me that exact thing JR. Maybe they were built with a self destruct mechanism!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotlieb-funland-mysteries and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.