You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

File Dec 19, 4 46 06 PM (resized).jpeg
20171218_110826 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Hello,

I recently bought my first pinball machine, and while i got a great deal, the machine has s few issues. First, only the ones digit on the score reel works. The tens and hundreds do not. Also, the second player reel doesn't function and the ball counting mechanism and associated bell are not working either. I'm a complete newby, but I would love to tinker with it and get it fully working. Any suggestions are appreciated.

#2 3 years ago

Everything you need to know is here:
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

But, sounds like you need to inspect/clean several stepper units (score reels, balls played unit). I'd inspect, manually advance (and reset if appropriate) each one using the plungers. Clean (perhaps disassemble) each one as needed for proper operation. Put a score on each score reel and start a game - do all reels reset to 0? Do things score properly when you manually actuate the 1 pt N-relay? 10 pt M-relay? 100 pt Q-relay? Are the adjacent score reels carrying over properly from 9 to 0?

Maybe post a video?

Also, here's what I would do for any new project:

- post your location so a local can help if needed
- unplug machine
- inspect the line cord for nicks; repair with tape if needed
- inspect line cord for a good plug end; replace plug end if needed
- pull each fuse, test if good with a multimeter
- read each fuse and ensure they are the proper value (they never are)
--- you want the same "blow rate", same amperage and same or higher voltage rating
--- see fuse table below
- insert fuses and ensure fuse clips are still grabbing well
- manually advance each stepper and score reel by actuating step-up plunger
--- if the steppers have a reset plunger, actuate by hand also
--- if they are not mechanically moving well (and resetting *fully*), clean them til they do
- remove & clean each "jones plug" with a stiff wire brush to clean the male pins
- ensure all the "jones plugs" are connected below playfield and in backbox
- ensure the "fish paper" insulation is still in place at the flippers and start button on coin door to prevent 120v shock
- plug in machine
- advance "replay unit" (credit reel) so there are credits on the game
- manually put a non-zero score on each score reel for all players
- start a game (start button, coin switch or start relay)
- do all scores reset to 0 ??
- test scoring by manually actuating the 1 pt, 10 pt, 100 pt, etc. relays.

- call and place an order with pinballresource. tell them you are a newbie and what game you have.
--- order the schematic, rubber kit, new balls, any needed fuses, switch adjuster, a flexstone, a few boxes of 47 bulbs, playfield cleaner

Then later:

- flipper rebuild kit
- free play modification
- troubleshoot any playfield issues
- troubleshoot match unit

FUSES FOR FASHION SHOW:
115V main line - 5A slo blow, wh-gr-blk wire and a ? color wire
115V bank setup - 1A slo blo, wh-slate-orange wire and a ? color wire
25V coils - 10A fast blow, red-yel wire and red-wh wire
6V backbox lights - 15A fast blow, blk-wh wire and a white wire
6V playfield lights - 10A fast blow, blk+wh wire and a white wire

#3 3 years ago

Awesome, thanks for the response. Sounds like I have my hands full lol. I am in Washington state.

20171218_110826 (resized).jpg

#4 3 years ago

So after some tinkering today I found that, when a tens score on the board is hit, the 10s relay sticks closed. I can manually actuate the reel for the tens, and they all reset at game start. Any idea why the relay would stick closed?

#5 3 years ago

Ensure that the end-of-stroke switch on the 10's score reel for player 1 is opening. It is the one by the plunger and it should open each time the score reel's plunger pulls in. This switch (or the EOS on P2 10's reel) breaks the circuit that powers the 10's relay.

File Dec 19, 4 46 06 PM (resized).jpeg

#6 3 years ago

So it looks like it is opening when the plunger is activated. Should all of those switches be touching in the normal position, because there is one that isn't.

#7 3 years ago

actually, now that I pulled the reels out to look at it, the 10s relay is no longer sticking but now it is machine gunning. It still isn't spinning the reels though.

#8 3 years ago

Lol, now tens are spinning but hundreds relay is sticking.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside