You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

Working on a pin for a friend. Have it all working great...except 10% of the time when knocking down the target banks, either right or left, when the ball drains and the targets reset there is a "phantom" scoring of 300 to the player and 100 to the other scorer.. Will do this in one player or two player modes. Have reset all switched multiple times with some success. Wife says leave it alone, but I want it perfect...go figure. Any direction would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Also seems that if the middle black target is activated higher chance of phantom scoring..

#2 3 years ago

It's been a long time since I've owned Quick Draw. If I remember correctly it seems like there was a known motor timing issue that was heavily discussed with a solution back in the RGP days. You may need to dig through there to turn it up.

#3 3 years ago

Check that this switch is opening, and that its actuator is in the S position.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4 3 years ago

Read this:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-draw-100s-scoring-issue

btw, Quick Draw is not a "wedge head". And you butchered the spelling of David Gottlieb's good name

#5 3 years ago

Thanks guys..will work on it on my day off..Really appreciate it... Ya..my spelling is off.....can spell Bally better!

Thank you again:

Pete

#6 3 years ago

I had that problem on my Quick Draw - I opened the trough switch a little bit, widened the distance between the contacts, and that fixed mine.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from paulace:

I had that problem on my Quick Draw - I opened the trough switch a little bit, widened the distance between the contacts, and that fixed mine.

Oh boy..THANKS..it was the trough switch gap. Widened it a bit and VOILA!.. Learned my lesson..always go to pinside first! Would have saved me hours!!!

Pete

#8 3 years ago

Quick Draw is a great game - lots of fun! But it's pretty sensitive to switch timings. Glad you got it fixed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotleib-quick-draw-wedge-head-glitch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.