New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 273644)

Gotleib abracadabra won’t stop scoring! Help!

By Clueless

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Clueless
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 months ago

Was going through and replacing rubbers and bad bulbs on a working Abracadabra machine and all of the sudden it started activating the 100 point score reel non stop. The bell rings and the score keeps going! Any clue what could be going on? I shut the game off and restart it and as soon as it kicks a ball out to start play the 100 point reel starts flipping and every 1000 points the 1000 point reel goes too. Acts like some target contacts are touching but there aren’t many on this machine and I have removed all the plastic and checked them all. Also, the bumpers never lite up for 1000 points when lit. Both bulbs are new and sockets are clean. Thanks for any help.

#2 4 months ago

You probably have a 100 point target closed.
You could have put a rubber on a little to tight on the switch side. If you didn't have the issue before new rubbers went on then I would say you need to look again as it's probably right in front of you.
-Mike

#3 4 months ago

What are the 500 Point relay (G) and score motor doing when this happens?

#4 4 months ago

Sounds like a stuck 500 point target to me. Is the G/500 point relay active? Check the drop target switches, outside rollover switches and the center target switch.

/Mark

#5 4 months ago

I’ve been through the contacts multiple times. I actually went through and held all contacts open further one at a time to see if I could get it to stop and still the 100 point score reel keeps going!checked all the scoring contacts on the bottom as well and all are separated. Only way to stop it is to shut off the power. Anything else it could be?

#6 4 months ago

500 point relay is clicking on and off and score motor is spinning away

#7 4 months ago

Found it! There was a piece of glass ,probably from a previous broken glass that had somehow gotten wedged in the drop target contacts, popped it out and all good! Thanks for the help. Sure is nice to actually find something wrong. Been working on it for 2 days!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7.00
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 5.00
Electronics
Docent Electronics
$ 95.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 53.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 85.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside