(Topic ID: 201073)

Game of Thrones LE vs Spider Man VE.....

By ASOA

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by T-800
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What game is better?”

• Spider Man VE 57 votes
    67%
  • Game of Thrones LE 28 votes
    33%

(85 votes)

#1 6 years ago

Had a few friends going back and fourth on this one. Wanted to ask the opinion of Pinside. Which game is better in these version's? Why do you think this way? Please elaborate. Thank you.

Game of Thrones LE
Or
Spider-Man VE

#2 6 years ago

GoT LE has better lighting and deeper rules. I also like the risk/reward of building up big jackpots while I find the scoring on SM more linear. Sound is better quality on GoT as it is a SPIKE game. I prefer the GoT LE art and theme better although that is just my opinion. I think SM is also a good game and enjoy the shots and flow a bit better and I think both games are good choices but my preference would be for GoT LE. As an aside I like the callouts better on the original SM over the VE.

#3 6 years ago

I like both games a lot but with SM you get pretty much the same path every time so it gets old faster. GOT has more ways to attack it and for me has more staying power. With that said SM has better toys and a better layout though.

#4 6 years ago

30mins into the poll and the vote is 50/50. Yet no one has explained why Spider-Man is better.

Spidy is a great game. But I’m vote for GoT also. The full colour changing leds look spectacular, best topper in pinball with that huge dragon. Non linear game play, the closest thing to a choose your own adventure in pinball.

#5 6 years ago

I own spiderman and a premium game of thrones even though I think the artwork on the LE GOT Is crap I think it is a better game because the rules are so much better compared to spiderman and spiderman barley gets played by me anymore in my collection because I got bored of it real quick. But, I still play GOT a lot and I do not seem to get bored of the game.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

30mins into the poll and the vote is 50/50. Yet no one has explained why Spider-Man is better.

Because the only reason they've got is because they own one.

#7 6 years ago

My opinion is that they are both great games and deciding what you want out of them will be your determining factor. For me, I like the visuals and gameplay of SMVE slightly more than game GoT. So for a more casual player, I would say SMVE. However, if you want to go real deep on rules and strategy with a tournament mindset go with GoT. Also depends on what you have alongside it. If I had a ST in the lineup, that tips the scale to GoT as well because of the play similarities to SM.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Because the only reason they've got is because they own one.

I don't have either game and I would go with Spiderman. GOT is a good game, but the Pro version is better playing game than the Premium/LE, especially for the price. I like to play GOT, but the main problem with it is yes, there are multiple ways to play the game, but many of those ways are basically worthless. For instance there is no reason to ever choose Stark or Lannister and not really a reason to ever choose Barratheon because Wall MB is not worth a lot of points and is best used to get through a mode...but they are options. Plus scoring is so unbalanced. There are really only two ways to get big points in the game, Hand of the King and Iron Throne...everything else pales in comparison. Plus when you are not in a house, you get absolutely no points.

Spiderman to me is much more of a total balanced overall package and complete game.

#9 6 years ago

I'm not that good of a player and love my SM. I don't get bored at all but it was out of service for the famous play field swap just 100% last week.

I tried got's and get nowhere due to my poor play. I have no idea what these multipliers do but I hear they are important. Played pro 95% of the time. I think SM has much better aethestics which is somewhat important, not a problem with left orbit (I read about) and also I'm hearing complaints n Spike vs Sam.

I like SM you can deal with beating the villains now and at the same time work for qualifying for the modes. I love the doc oct and sandman, got strikes me as bare and not a fan of the art package.. I like the sm layout of the play field and the rules. When I played SM at the expo 3 years ago I wanted the pin, ended up with the ve.

#10 6 years ago

get a GOT premium + red spiderman

#11 6 years ago

I like SM, it's a cool game, but I think GOT is better. It has a lot more strategy to it.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Spiderman to me is much more of a total balanced overall package and complete game.

But doesn't have nearly the staying power in a home collection, IMO.

#13 6 years ago

I own both. I prefer my GOTLE.

SM is much more approachable for casual players than GOT and offers a great overall package. The VE is beautiful and looks much better than the original. The comic art is better. The dots are better. The sculpted villains are better. The magnet is much better. The lighting is better. The call outs are just okay. Balanced rules. Balanced scoring. Fun fan layout. Pretty much everyone likes SM, but for some reason it gets boring to me in a home collection.

I find GOTLE more interesting and more replay-able than SM. It's more difficult than SM with shorter ball times, which I tend to prefer as a league player. The layout on the Prem/LE is unique. The rules are unique. Fighting house Targaryen and the 3 dragons is intense. Love the audio and call outs from The Hound. The Mother of Dragons LE looks amazing.

#14 6 years ago

I have a 2 pin lineup currently and own both. GOT PRO + SMVE. I'll try to be as honest, and as objective as possible.

First off, GOTLE looks amazing and is the best looking of the 3 models. However, SMVE still blows it away for looks and artwork.

Next, GOTLE upper playfield rules are not very good and the synergy of it does not mesh well with the rest of the layout + rules. Stark Ramp (Pro) is one of the coolest, funnest ramps in pinball to hit and this is removed from the LE So with that said, SMVE wins hands down for those reasons alone.

To me, SMVE is awesome. It's like Stern built it specifically for me. Granted, i had to remove the center drain post and replace the flippers with lightning flippers as i feel that setup supports the layout, game, and ruleset better. But, I owned the original spidey twice, i sold it both times cause i really didnt like the movie integration. Artwork, callouts, dmd... It just feels like actors being actors, and not so much characters. SMVE hits on these characteristics so well that it feels like a true spider-man pinball. There's a lot of fun, cool call outs in the vault edition. Sure, there's a few corny ones too, but that is what spider-man is about. Granted, I had a hard time (roughly a dozen or more plays?) to adapt to the vault edition as i was so used to the original having owning it twice.

All in all, comparing SMVE vs GOT PRO with the way i have my pins setup - this is a close call. I am more drawn to playing SMVE more than GOT PRO. I have owned GOT a year longer than SMVE (have owned SMVE 1 year, GOT 2 years). But the overall package and progression is more appealing and gives it a more 'fun' experience. GOT does have better scoring dynamics, and more unique strategies to tackle the game. But once you've lived those scoring dynamics as much as i have, that aspect gets a little lost. GOT (PRO) flows better and is a faster game, but ball times are longer overall on GOT than they are on SMVE (maybe i need to try lightning flippers on my GOT now too lol ).

Each pin has their own cool unique, 'hell yea that feels good moments'. GOT has the better mini wizard mode in HOTK, but SMVE has the better wizard mode with super hero.

Overall my pick is SMVE but only by a slight slight margain; not for the rules or strategies or gameplay as they are a wash, but moreso for the overall package and 'fun' appeal. Both games have stellar rules. SMVE just has the extra attention to detail, art, code package than GOT. Plus, the scoring appeal of GOT has lost it's luster now that ive gotten huge 15+ bil scores; and, the initial setup (first 5 minutes of play) is more daunting on GOT as SMVE action starts right away.

#15 6 years ago

At this price GOT pro + SM 2007 is the best choice

#16 6 years ago

I've played both quite a bit and enjoy spider man ve more than game of thrones le. I've never seen the show, so I would imagine that if you were a fan you'd enjoy it much more! Spider-Man's games are fast and exciting.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I don't have either game and I would go with Spiderman. GOT is a good game, but the Pro version is better playing game than the Premium/LE, especially for the price. I like to play GOT, but the main problem with it is yes, there are multiple ways to play the game, but many of those ways are basically worthless. For instance there is no reason to ever choose Stark or Lannister and not really a reason to ever choose Barratheon because Wall MB is not worth a lot of points and is best used to get through a mode...but they are options. Plus scoring is so unbalanced. There are really only two ways to get big points in the game, Hand of the King and Iron Throne...everything else pales in comparison. Plus when you are not in a house, you get absolutely no points.

I think you need some more time on GOT as what most of what you are saying is only true if you don't fully understand the idiosyncrasies of the code. That's actually what makes GOT a great game IMHO. Games is easy to understand but dang hard to master the rules and how just a couple small changes can change a 2 billion point game into a 13 billion point game. i will agree that HOTK is a bit lopsided but that is ONLY if you make it to the Super Jackpot. Most wont see that collect a it's pretty hard to get to and if you do accomplish it you deserve the ton of points you get.

Some reasons to play the houses most avoid:

Stark - How about 40-100 million point WIC collections and then taking that into WHC. Stark can be very lucrative if you are good at WHC.

Lannister - Super jackpot rolled into BWMB. Enough said

Tyrel can be SUPER lucrative with the multipliers. Just by shooting shots with some decent flow you will blow up the points in modes.

Martel (the house most pick) is only the best option if you aren't real good at MB in GOT.

I love SM but it's the same every time. Qualify a mode, start the mode, get into MB. Rinse and repeat. Only real strategy to that game is where you put your shot multipliers. It's a great shooter pin and if you aren't an above average player then it's a solid with good staying power. If you are above average it will get old pretty fast.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Overall my pick is SMVE but only by a slight slight margain; not for the rules or strategies or gameplay as they are a wash, but moreso for the overall package and 'fun' appeal. Both games have stellar rules. SMVE just has the extra attention to detail, art, code package than GOT. Plus, the scoring appeal of GOT has lost it's luster now that ive gotten huge 15+ bil scores; and, the initial setup (first 5 minutes of play) is more daunting on GOT as SMVE action starts right away.

I'm surprised you've given the nod to SMVE in the code department. I would have bet money that portion would be with GOT. I get you on the art and overall "feel" of the theme integration. That for sure goes to SMVE to me.

I've easily got 100 games on SM and now I'm wondering if I'm missing something in the code that keeps you engaged as long as you've been. In a 2 pin collection I would have thought SM would have hit the door pretty quick with your skill. Hmmm... Maybe I should put SM back on my radar as I took it off due to the lastibility.

#19 6 years ago

Game of Thrones pro is a great game...the LE is a step down. I wouldn't go for an LE on game for any reason.

But you didn't ask about the pro, so anyway...go with Spider-Man. It's a better game. But I would still suggest you find an original over the VE. The voices are SO MUCH better on the original and you get a smoother shooting game.

The argument between GoT Pro and SMVE, however...that would be tougher. But GoTLE vs. SMVE, go SMVE.

Summary:

1. Spider-Man OG
2. GoT Pro
3. SMVE
4. GoTLE/Premium

And yes, I know how to use the upper playfield on GoTLE. It's still a trash upper playfield. The ball is way too often obscured from view as well. The pro is just a better game.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Game of Thrones pro is a great game...the LE is a step down. I wouldn't go for an LE on game for any reason.
But you didn't ask about the pro, so anyway...go with Spider-Man. It's a better game. But I would still suggest you find an original over the VE. The voices are SO MUCH better on the original and you get a smoother shooting game.
The argument between GoT Pro and SMVE, however...that would be tougher. But GoTLE vs. SMVE, go SMVE.
Summary:
1. Spider-Man OG
2. GoT Pro
3. SMVE
4. GoTLE/Premium
And yes, I know how to use the upper playfield on GoTLE. It's still a trash upper playfield. The ball is way too often obscured from view as well. The pro is just a better game.

Rankings spot on.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm surprised you've given the nod to SMVE in the code department. I would have bet money that portion would be with GOT. I get you on the art and overall "feel" of the theme integration. That for sure goes to SMVE to me.
I've easily got 100 games on SM and now I'm wondering if I'm missing something in the code that keeps you engaged as long as you've been. In a 2 pin collection I would have thought SM would have hit the door pretty quick with your skill. Hmmm... Maybe I should put SM back on my radar as I took it off due to the lastibility.

Well, keep in mind I do have no center drain post and have lightning flippers. The game is too easy with at least the center drain post and can make the game quite repetitive as itll be easier to setup shots, multipliers, and progression. Adding risk and brutality to the more simple ruleset of SMVE gives it that one more game feel.

That said, Theres for sure better rules and strategies in place on GOT - but the overall code is better on SM. It has a more ‘fun’ straightforward appeal to its ruleset. And while Both have their nuances that can make any pin feel repetitive in a small lineup; there is a more repetitious feel to GOT in its first 5 mins of play that makes SMVE ‘one more game’ more appealing.

But I love both which is why I own both. Hard to decide which I prefer. I’ve been contemplating selling one to pick up a Dialed in, but can’t bring myself to pull the trigger and list an ad. but if I were to, I’d rather keep SMVE for its overall package and ‘one more game’ element which I’m sure is attributed to my more harder, brutal setup.

In short, and what I think I’m trying to say is, GOT takes a bit to start cooking. But once you get it going, it’s extatic. SM develops faster with more action up front. That coupled with its overall appealing package is why I give it a slight edge over GOT.

#22 6 years ago

If the choice was GOT Premium vs. Spider-Man VE, I'd probably vote GOT, just because I like the look of that version the best (not a fan of the art on the others).

I thought about a SMVE, but like others have said, it reminds me of ST (which I already have).

Another negative for SMVE to me are the call outs. I prefer the original JJ Jameson callouts.

I'm gonna skip actually voting in the poll though, because even as I type all this, I find myself flip-flopping.

#23 6 years ago

Spider-Man set up harder, with no center drain and a tight tilt, is a better overall game than GOT.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Spider-Man set up harder, with no center drain and a tight tilt, is a better overall game than GOT.

Wow you said it way better than me and in only 1 sentence LOL

#25 6 years ago

I’m not a fan of SMVE, but I didn’t really dig the first one. I’m not sure why, but it didn’t gel with me. The VE art is a bit cartoonish, the callouts aren’t great, and the game felt very ‘light.’

GOT LE, on the other hand, is awesome. I love the light show, the strategy, the art (yes, even the crappy playfield), the upper playfield, etc. I feel like GOT Pro is a little sparse.

GOT LE is my choice.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I think you need some more time on GOT as what most of what you are saying is only true if you don't fully understand the idiosyncrasies of the code. That's actually what makes GOT a great game IMHO. Games is easy to understand but dang hard to master the rules and how just a couple small changes can change a 2 billion point game into a 13 billion point game. i will agree that HOTK is a bit lopsided but that is ONLY if you make it to the Super Jackpot. Most wont see that collect a it's pretty hard to get to and if you do accomplish it you deserve the ton of points you get.
Some reasons to play the houses most avoid:
Stark - How about 40-100 million point WIC collections and then taking that into WHC. Stark can be very lucrative if you are good at WHC.
Lannister - Super jackpot rolled into BWMB. Enough said
Tyrel can be SUPER lucrative with the multipliers. Just by shooting shots with some decent flow you will blow up the points in modes.
Martel (the house most pick) is only the best option if you aren't real good at MB in GOT.
I love SM but it's the same every time. Qualify a mode, start the mode, get into MB. Rinse and repeat. Only real strategy to that game is where you put your shot multipliers. It's a great shooter pin and if you aren't an above average player then it's a solid with good staying power. If you are above average it will get old pretty fast.

I've got plenty of time on GOT. In our State Championship semi's and finals I put up back to back games of over 10 billion. I won the GOT Launch Party when the game came out and I also won the high score contest on it too at that event. GOT has been very good to me and I do like the game alot. I was very sad when it was finally pulled from location here a couple months ago.

IMHO, it is not that hard to collect a Super Jackpot in HOTK, especially if you don't bring Martel into it. Someone can play Stark for WIC if they want or Lannister, but they are going to lose in competitive play the vast majority of times doing it that way and it's really pointless because you will score more at the same clip if you are playing for points by choosing other houses. There is no reason to play that way unless you are just goofing around and trying for the high score board for those houses. Even if you are just playing for completion to get through Iron Throne and don't care about score, you are better off with other houses to help get through the game. Tyrel can be good for points if you are killing it, which is why I didn't mention it and Martel is the go to because Super Jackpots and a good Blackwater multiball are your next biggest sources of points outside HOTK and Iron Throne. Plus since you can use the add a ball once per ball, if you do it right, you can start a blackwater on ball 1, Wall, Blackwater or HOTK on ball 2 and then whatever you didn't do on ball 2 on ball 3...not to mention your EBs and really maximize the value of the add a ball. Greyjoy is really the only curve ball to the game because it is such feast or famine. It's hard because you can only do 1 house at a time and the houses are tougher, but if you can do it is extremely valuable with those other house awards.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

For instance there is no reason to ever choose Stark

Not true. Choose Stark and get a quick leg up on most competition via WIC hurry ups. Especially with a gimped ram (very very common).

I see others have responded to You post already and you’ve responded back.

All I’ll add is, those other avenues may not work for YOU. That’s the beauty of this game. You think HOTK SJP is pretty easy to get. It’s not easy for me at all. What is easy for me is to guarantee myself 1-2 billion on most GOT Pros. I do this with stark, Tyrell, Greyjoy, and Baratheon all the time and I rarely get to HOTK in comp. I cannot remember the last time I went with Martell in comp. I don’t lose often at GOT in comp either.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I wouldn't go for an LE on game for any reason.

Because you're cheap?

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Rankings spot on.

Please don't change your avatar; it confuses me.

#29 6 years ago

I think Spider-Man is cool and I’m obviously coo coo for GOT. Spider-Man feels the same to me each game, but if SKB says it’s the bees knees, I’ll default to his choice and recommend you follow his advice.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think Spider-Man is cool and I’m obviously coo coo for GOT. Spider-Man feels the same to me each game, but if SKB says it’s the bees knees, I’ll default to his choice and recommend you follow his advice.

No.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not true. Choose Stark and get a quick leg up on most competition via WIC hurry ups. Especially with a gimped ram (very very common).
I see others have responded to You post already and you’ve responded back.
All I’ll add is, those other avenues may not work for YOU. That’s the beauty of this game. You think HOTK SJP is pretty easy to get. It’s not easy for me at all. What is easy for me is to guarantee myself 1-2 billion on most GOT Pros. I do this with stark, Tyrell, Greyjoy, and Baratheon all the time and I rarely get to HOTK in comp. I cannot remember the last time I went with Martell in comp. I don’t lose often at GOT in comp either.

Unfortunately, a Tyrell inlane combo WIC shot is worth almost as much as a stark WIC shot. Does stark get any other hidden bonuses? I thought I remember reading they get increased scoring in wall mb like Baratheon? I could be on crack though.

Tyrell is my favorite house to play.

#32 6 years ago

I owned both in the past. Game of thrones all day. Spiderman was fun at first, but the rules got boring. Game of thrones kept bringing me back. I actually traded a game of thrones premium for a highly modded spiderman, plus cash. Spiderman was played a ton at first. That didn't last long. I love the upper playfield and like what it adds. The pro is fine too but I'd go premium.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Unfortunately, a Tyrell inlane combo WIC shot is worth almost as much as a stark WIC shot. Does stark get any other hidden bonuses? I thought I remember reading they get increased scoring in wall mb like Baratheon? I could be on crack though.
Tyrell is my favorite house to play.

No other powers I know of. WIC hurry ups are 4-6m for Tyrell and 15-17m for stark. Much easier to hit a 3x hurry up than a 5x one especially when you need full base value.

I have not had near the success doing the WHC strategy with any other house than stark.

Also pretty sure that cashing in a massive SJP in WHC is more than HOTK and it takes the same amount of shots pretty much. So if you biff your HOTK run, you’re in jail pretty much unless you have a valuable WHC waiting. That’s where stark comes in for me. Or like me, hit WHC first, then HOTK later.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Quoted from ercvacation:

I owned both in the past. Game of thrones all day. Spiderman was fun at first, but the rules got boring. Game of thrones kept bringing me back. I actually traded a game of thrones premium for a highly modded spiderman, plus cash. Spiderman was played a ton at first. That didn't last long. I love the upper playfield and like what it adds. The pro is fine too but I'd go premium.

I've said t before and I'll say it again. SM, whether original or vault, needs to be played with no center drain post; and I'd even take it the next step with lightning flippers. Otherwise it's too easy and does get repetitious.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I've said t before and I'll say it again. SM, whether original or vault, needs to be played with no center drain post; and I'd even take it the next step with lightning flippers. Otherwise it's too easy and does get repetitious.

But that's exactly the point. You can't EVER say that about GOT, and that's what makes it more of a keeper. (As well as many other reasons, of course.)

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Summary:
1. Spider-Man OG
2. GoT Pro
3. SMVE
4. GoTLE/Premium

I don't get why anyone complains about the upper playfield on GOT obscuring the view. Isn't that the case with all upper playfields? How come I never hear this complaint about WH2O, BK2K, WOZ, FG, IJ, etc?

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But that's exactly the point. You can't EVER say that about GOT, and that's what makes it more of a keeper. (As well as many other reasons, of course.)

But what I can say about GOT is that's the overall package doesn't compare to SMVE, nor is the 'one more game' factor as appealing. It takes some time to get GOT firing on all cylinders, whereas SM brings the action right away and continues to escalate at an even pace. Both are great games though, hence why I own them both and have owned both for a very long time which is unusual for me. Selling/trading one of these machines out would make me sad even after owning so long. GOT not as much as SMVE, however

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I don't get why anyone complains about the upper playfield on GOT obscuring the view. Isn't that the case with all upper playfields? How come I never hear this complaint about WH2O, BK2K, WOZ, FG, IJ, etc?

Maybe cause GOTs upper pf is 3X the size of those others

WOZ, TZ, and IJ are widebodies and have the room for upper pfs so they're not obscured.

FGY (the biggest of those mentioned) has its shot entrances placed so that the upper pf doesn't obscure it as much as GOT. Same with WH20.

Personally, I like the upper pf on GOT. However, I don't like the rules associated with it compared to the rest of the game nor do I like the fact that it takes away one of the funnest shots in the game in the stark ramp. If SR could have made it so the stark ramp whipped around and the only way to access the upper pf was via orbit diverters, AND Dwight gave the rules more attention, then I'd think the upper pf would be worthwhile. But it still obscures left flipper shots to the center main ramp, and even the left orbit slightly. Being able to track the ball on a fast pin like GOT is important for fun on the fly flipping which is also beneficial of the ruleset with combo multipliers.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Bouda:

At this price GOT pro + SM 2007 is the best choice

My feelings exactly. I have both and really enjoy both for different reasons.

#40 6 years ago

The only thing GOT upper PF blocks is 40% of the left loop and a very small portion of the center ramp (maybe 10%). Both of which allow plenty of time to see the ball when it comes back to you.

The GOT upper playfield blocking view argument reminds me of the hammer in MET blocking argument. Both non-issues in game play. I know I'm in the minority but if GOT pro and GOT Prem/LE was the same exact price I would still go GOT Prem/LE. Most seem to dislike the upper PF rules but I like the added strategy it brings into the game.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Because you're cheap?

Please don't change your avatar; it confuses me.

Fixed!

#42 6 years ago

I've played a TON of GOT Pro, GOTLE, SM Original, and SMVE. I spent years thinking about buying a SM but ultimately have grown to somewhat dislike the game. It ranks right up there with Transformers as far as chopping wood to me. Shooting all of those spiderman inserts to light a mode, or just continually bashing which ever of the villain targets gets redundant, repetitive and boring very, very quickly. I love the layout and the shots on SM, but to me the rule set is dry and stagnant. Which really is too bad, because it's one of my favorite themes and I know it would make my kids ecstatic to see it in the collection.

I played the heck out of GOT Pro before the LE's started shipping. Played the heck out of the LE and then decided to buy a GOTLE and never looked back. The rule set is very deep, there's lots of different strategies to play, even within houses. If you ignore all the other houses and just choose one of the top 3 (Martell, Tyrell, or Grey Joy - four if you count the Lannister exploit), the path you can take within the house will vary as much as the house you have chosen. The modes are distinct and the multiballs are fun. Sure, most of the points are in a couple of the specific multiballs, but to me, in a home collection, I'm more concerned about "fun" than scoring high points. If pinball was only about scoring high points we would play all of our games in a much different way. As far as the LE vs Pro, I really don't get why some people love the Pro so much more than the LE. If you fix the back diverter (I know you shoulnd't have to, but it's reality) you get almost the same lightning flow as the Pro, with the exception of the upper playfield. For those that think it's clunky and poorly implemented I challenge that you don't fully understand the specific rules in the playfield during modes, and also when and when not to flip when the ball is up there period. From a flow perspective, if you don't flip when the ball is on that playfield it may add a half second or second to that shot; pretty minor IMO for a game that is already overly fast and nerve wracking. I also really like the implementation of the Iron Throne - yeah, it may be floating in no man's land, but it's still cool to see the ball get diverted and sent to end up sitting on the throne, as if you're king for a day. The thing that seals it for me though, is the use of the battering ram and choosing whether or not to try and build that up at the risk of losing the ball. The game, Pro or LE, has a risk reward feel to it that brings me back more often than not and 100X more than wanting to chop wood on SM.

Long story short, IMO GOTLE>GOT Pro>SM Original or VE. Either GOT is more enjoyable than any SM edition.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotle-vs-spider-man-ve?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.