• MMr - Nobody's messes with Pinside's #1 16 votes
    48%
  • Neither - Wait for ?????? and buy it instead, Stupid! 3 votes
    9%
  • Why - Too busy to care 2 votes
    6%

(33 votes)

#1 6 years ago

Have an opportunity to buy GOTLE to take the final spot in lineup. Because GOTLE are still a bit pricey and because MMr is such a solid game with medieval theme, I view them as contenders and am torn as to which one to pursue. This should be an easy choice because on paper MMr > GOT, and have nothing beyond 2 flippers in common. Complicating factors - already own AFM and am worried about similarity of design to MMr, and I halfway prefer GOT pro to GOTLE. Which to choose?

#2 6 years ago

I definitely wouldn't put an afm next to mm.
GotLE is really fun.

#3 6 years ago

There's a GOTLE in the cincy area for cheaper than a MMR if you're interested. I think it's still for sale.

I agree that AFM and MM are too similar to have together. Unless you can fit 20+ in your house.

#4 6 years ago

I have a GoT LE and a nice MM (original) side by side right now. Both great games.

MM has better flow and is a great game when you just want to flip the ball around with minimal thought.

GoTLE has far better/deeper rules and stratigies (there are more call outs, more music, more sounds, more everything). The light show is much better on GoTLE.

I'd have a GoT over MM.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I have a GoT LE and a nice MM (original) side by side right now. Both great games.
MM has better flow and is a great game when you just want to flip the ball around with minimal thought.
GoTLE has far better/deeper rules and stratigies (there are more call outs, more music, more sounds, more everything). The light show is much better on GoTLE.
I'd have a GoT over MM.

Totally agree Tigerlaw.

#6 6 years ago

My vote would also be for GoT. The game, like X-Men LE, is one of those underrated gems that many people are quick to dismiss before understanding the rules. Because of this, they can be had for cheap compared to other LE's. Once you understand what is going on, the game is absolutely phenomenal. It has such a unique, complex and satisfying ruleset, and the lightshow is one of the best in all of pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotle-vs-mmr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.