Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by AJ51
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I am having trouble with the mystery scoop on GOTLE and wondering if other owners are having the same issue.
The ball has trouble getting into the scoop on the plunge and shooting the right loop.
I shot a video below of it. I am wondering if others are having the same problem or if it is just me.
My game is set at 6.7 incline and level side to side.
I have never had an issue with a new game like this so I am curious what I should do.

#2 8 years ago

For me, sometimes it gets in, sometimes it doesn't. Not sure if that's by design or if I'm just shooting like a moron.

I also have an elevator popper problem where the ball sometimes can't get up to the upper playfield consistently. But it gets even higher to the throne no problem. Go figure.

#3 8 years ago

Nice video Tom! 3 screen hi resolution views are awesome.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

For me, sometimes it gets in, sometimes it doesn't.

You need to be nicer to your wife

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nice video Tom! 3 screen hi resolution views are awesome.

Thanks ice.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

For me, sometimes it gets in, sometimes it doesn't. Not sure if that's by design or if I'm just shooting like a moron.
I also have an elevator popper problem where the ball sometimes can't get up to the upper playfield consistently. But it gets even higher to the throne no problem. Go figure.

That's what I want to make sure. It seems like the misses are a lot more than the makes. When I feel like I hit a clean shot it seems like it doesn't make it in.

#7 8 years ago

Anybody else have to hit the right loop a bunch of times to get the mystery scoop?

#8 8 years ago

Sorry to read about this. Is their an opto up their that could be faulty? If their is an opto up their try to reseat the connection to the opto board under the pin. One good thing is that chas at Stern technical support is pretty cool to deal with. But I still think these should be play tested more extensively before living the factory .

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You need to be nicer to your wife

She's had five kids. It gets in just fine.

#10 8 years ago

Not 100% clear on the design in that area but it looks like maybe it isn't always getting past a diverter that it should be for mystery?

#11 8 years ago

The scoop is covered by the diverter and opens into a cutout in the backboard when triggered by the right loop switch. It has to pass through 2 gates and the diverter to get to the scoop. I think the ball is hitting the rail to the side of the scoop and completely misses it.

No opto back there.

Super frustrating.

#12 8 years ago

Have you tried changing pitch to see if that helps?

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The scoop is covered by the diverter and opens into a cutout in the backboard when triggered by the right loop switch. It has to pass through 2 gates and the diverter to get to the scoop. I think the ball is hitting the rail to the side of the scoop and completely misses it.
No opto back there.
Super frustrating.

Mine works fine, at ball start plunge or autolaunch consistently feeds mystery scoop VUK. A ball save, with autolaunch, has gate closed and dumps into the top lanes. Certain modes leave the gate wide open to allow combo right orbits back to left flipper - such as Martell viper v. mountain fight, or gate open on start (on castle battles) but then certain shots to reopen the gate access to the castle. WIth extra ball qualified, mine always gets gate open and to the VUK - so yours seems to bounce out - definitely something behind the gate, or the gate isn't fully open?

The block at the scoop, then around the left orbit is rare for me, maybe 1 of 20, yours looks to be 19 of 20 - something at or to the left of the gate is blocking the VUK on a hard shot.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Mine works fine, at ball start plunge or autolaunch consistently feeds mystery scoop VUK. A ball save, with autolaunch, has gate closed and dumps into the top lanes. Certain modes leave the gate wide open to allow combo right orbits back to left flipper - such as Martell viper v. mountain fight, or gate open on start (on castle battles) but then certain shots to reopen the gate access to the castle. WIth extra ball qualified, mine always gets gate open and to the VUK - so yours seems to bounce out - definitely something behind the gate, or the gate isn't fully open?
The block at the scoop, then around the left orbit is rare for me, maybe 1 of 20, yours looks to be 19 of 20 - something at or to the left of the gate is blocking the VUK on a hard shot.

Thanks Dan. Yeah that was the problem (19 out of 20 times the ball bounces out of the elevator entrance) I was trying to convey with Stern. I found out they don't like the word scoop. It is the "elevator entrance".

I was on the phone with Pat tech support over lunch. We didn't get the problem resolved yet.
The best part of my day today was I got a call from Steve Ritchie himself. He is hard of hearing but had a great conversation with him and gave me some ideas of what could be the problem.
Everyone at Stern and my distributor are trying to help which is great. One way or another I am hopeful I will get it fixed.

Tom.

#15 8 years ago

I think I finally got the ball going to the elevator entrance consistently but have to do more testing

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think I finally got the ball going to the elevator entrance consistently but have to do more testing

How'd you do it?

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

How'd you do it?

I'm not sure. It might be dumb luck. I had the mini playfield off and the only thing I noticed was possible the end of the diverter was sticking out when it was open where it attaches to the mech. I took of the loop diverter mech and readjusted it underneath the playfield slightly.
It might have been the incline as well. I went down from 6.7 to 6.5.
Once I got the shot to repeatly hit the entrance without bouncing out, the switch in the entrance stopped working so I had to adjust that.
I played a few games and everything seemed fine but it was 11:30pm so it was time to end for the night. The ball bouncing out of the throne still is not perfect.

#18 8 years ago

VUK usually take 3 tries for the ball to make it to the castle playfield. First NIB for me; do I contact Stern or distributor that there is a constant problem. Rest of game is great. Love the mini playfield more and more. I have read about those who are saying the flow not the same as a pro; I think the flow is not interrupted at all. Very happy with the game design.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from AJ51:

VUK usually take 3 tries for the ball to make it to the castle playfield. First NIB for me; do I contact Stern or distributor that there is a constant problem. Rest of game is great. Love the mini playfield more and more. I have read about those who are saying the flow not the same as a pro; I think the flow is not interrupted at all. Very happy with the game design.

Mine has been fine in regards to the vuk for the most part. It maybe the vuk itself. Make sure your game is level. I would contact both.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Mine has been fine in regards to the vuk for the most part. It maybe the vuk itself. Make sure your game is level. I would contact both.

I'll checked it out and it was fine. Wife and I installed shaker motor today. Sounds weird but the VUK worked better (maybe from moving playfield) it wasn't perfect but more consistent for sure. Of course the wife got the high score now. Been great to hear her jab me with that off and on today. Game is a blast so far.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotle-mystery-scoop-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.