• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by toro1966
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

28881765061_1984d6369d_k_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toro1966.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hey guys - been fixing my own stuff for a long time but I am sad to admit that I cannot get this damn throne VUK switch working on the GOTLE. It has not worked right since I bought it and now I really have an 8k paperweight. Needless to say I am not happy. It's not that I am inpatient, in fact I have spent no kidding about 12-14 hours in total working on it with no luck. I have adjusted the switch every which way but loose, I have replaced the switch, I know it's an adjustment because it works every 30-40th shot. I have metered all connections and they are good, I have reloaded the software just to rule it out. I can push the switch and it works just fine, however, when I shoot the ball at the beginning of a game, it does not shoot to the UPF as it should. It just sits there until it goes into ball search. The ball is clearly not actuating the switch. I just can't seem to figure out how to adjust it to make that happen.

Is there anyone that lives close to Stafford that wouldn't mind swinging over and giving me a hand? I am at a loss.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks - did that - multiple times. It's almost as if the arm on the switch isn't ling enough. You can't actually adjust it too extreme an angle because of the mount. If you do, it ends up always actuating. Again, I've adjusted a lot of switches before, this just does not seem like it was designed right. Obviously it's possible to get it to work since many have a working game - though I would argue that very few have this vuk working consistently....
That's why I am looking to see if someone can swing by and give me a hand.

#5 7 years ago

If you zoom in you get a good view of the switch and where it sits.

Can you post a pic of yours?

28881765061_1984d6369d_k_(resized).jpg28881765061_1984d6369d_k_(resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago

Thanks Mudflaps - but this switch has no diode.

Dcfan - will try to post a pic but that wouldn't make a difference. The ball is supposed to seat and push down on the switch arm - the problem is it does not seem to be able to get high enough (the switch arm) to actuate the ball when it is put down the ramp. And there is no way to bend the switch up any more. It is already right against the bottom of the playfield.

#10 7 years ago

No way to do that with the VUK in the machine. If I take the vuk out - which I have done a million times - I can put the ball in the vuk and it actuates the switch just fine.

#12 7 years ago

Thanks. Called them a week ago and they sent a new switch. They said if that didn't work they would send a new assembly. So that's what I am going to ask for - complete wired VUK assembly with switch and also the metal chute. Adjusted and tested before they send it to me so I should be able to plug and play.

That said - I would love to have someone who has a lot of expertise swing by and take a look.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toro1966.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotle-help-needed-northern-va?tu=toro1966 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.