Topic poll

“GOTGLE v bksorle”

• GOTGLE 40 votes
    55%
  • BKSOR LE 33 votes
    45%

(73 votes)

#1 3 years ago

Ok I know these vs threads are Done to death and you usually get people going oh that game is poo don’t get it but I’d like to hear pros and cons of both games. I’ve kind of wanted a GOTG for a while but the though of BKSOR has recently entered my head. Both are of a similar price. Just looking for something with a bit of longevity in it. I’ve got 4 Borgs already and would probably have one of them leave so I don’t have 5/8 of my collection Borg games.

#2 3 years ago

I have both. GotG LE is a pretty standard Borg layout. I think the rules are pretty good with the current code, but similar to a lot of what has come before. BKSOR LE is different from a lot of newer Sterns. I really like it but feel it gets a bad rap because some tournament plays exploit the upper playfield, but I don't play it that way at home. The topper for BKSOR is a must have if you get that game. If I was only going to have one it would be GotG because my wife is really into the theme, but the uniqueness of BKSOR makes a better game to play in a larger collection.

#3 3 years ago

Guardians has "Bobali bo bo." Last night BKSOR told me my mother wears army boots. 'Nuff said.

#4 3 years ago

Sophie's choice. GOTG LE doesn't really add anything and BK3 upper playfield makes the game boring. Those LEs have to be five figures in Aussie dollars. Is either pro an option?

GOTG is the better game all around, any model. Especially since longevity is your goal.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Sophie's choice. GOTG LE doesn't really add anything and BK3 upper playfield makes the game boring. Those LEs have to be five figures in Aussie dollars. Is either pro an option?
GOTG is the better game all around, any model. Especially since longevity is your goal.

Agree with this guy. I prefer the pro on both and give the edge to Guardians, but not by a lot. BK pro is no slouch. Fastest pin I ever had.

#6 3 years ago

Since you own an IM and have had a Metallica in the past, you've played the GOTG playfield before. A lot. It's a solid game, but just about as vanilla as they come both in layout and ruleset. There just isn't anything special about it that you haven't seen before over and over. In an 8 pin collection, I'd have a hard time having both IM and GOTG at the same time, and IM blows it away in every way (other than pure depth...or at least number of modes). If you do go GOTG, save yourself some money and look at the pro. The prem/LE adds nothing of substance, and not much worthwhile as gimmicks either.

BK is definitely more unique all around. It's brutal, but looking at your collection, you seem to like that, LOL. I personally prefer the pro, but both versions have their charm. While it's definitely a typical fan layout, there isn't anything else quite like it with the three knight shots in the middle, especially the flail which is an awesome mech. It has tons of personality and atmosphere, which I value in a game. GOTG is missing that. The Cleland GOTG mod code helps that by capturing more of the movie character, but it is still literally just playing scenes in the background while you play without sucking you in to feel like you are really a part of what is happening. BK feels like you are actually battling these unique characters, and if it doesn't get your adrenaline pumping, you might be dead.

BK's mini-wizard modes are awesome, nostalgic throwbacks to each of its predecessor games. GOTG's mini-wizard mode is a completely unthemed mode that just plays a song that happens to be in the movie. Just zero effort whatsoever put into that one. They could have at least had the Milano flying around the screen or something, but nope...let's just put some cherries up there since the song is named Cherry Bomb...brilliant! Why bother with pesky theming? That's kind of an analogy for the entire game, unfortunately. I loved mine for a few weeks, then once the honeymoon effect wore off I realized there is just nothing special about the game. Solid all around, sure, but not a keeper for me. BK on the other hand, while not one of my very favorite games, is a pure battle with a serious "thank you Steve, may I have another" vibe going on. You will hate it, but love it at the same time...just like your TWD and IM.

#7 3 years ago

Thanks for everything above guys I’ve decided to pick up a BKSOR and see how I go. And as you’ve said above I do like me some brutal pins!

#8 3 years ago

Save some bucks and go with a premium over the LE. The BK topper is a must buy and it is the best ever interactive topper ever made.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Save some bucks and go with a premium over the LE. The BK topper is a must buy and it is the best ever interactive topper ever made.

Unfortunately I don’t think many BKSOR made it to Australia. If they did they were Le or pro

#10 3 years ago

Time to inquire to every distributor you can to help you find a premium.

3 weeks later
#11 3 years ago

Time to inquire to every distributor you can to help you find a premium.

Unfortunately we The one dealer in Australia for stern pins and that’s the price. For instance a new tmnt Le here is $14500AUD (including tax plus freight if needed) so at the current rate that’s $10300USD

#12 3 years ago

You keep quoting a LE model. Inquire for the premium model, which is a minimum of $1k USD less than a LE here.

#13 3 years ago

BK all day and twice in Sunday. Gotg is the most uninspired code ever. BK is pure badassery.

#14 3 years ago

I have both beside each other. Completely different games, both are great.

#15 3 years ago

You keep quoting a LE model. Inquire for the premium model, which is a minimum of $1k USD less than a LE here.

I picked up a LE for under what a premium new would’ve cost me.

Quoted from Banker:

I have both beside each other. Completely different games, both are great.

I think GOTG would be a similar playfield flow style to Munsters pro (being a Borg that I love his style). BKSOR is a good game the only thing that frustrates me is having to go do loops up the top to score big on the monsters otherwise it’s plenty of fun

#16 3 years ago

GOTG mini PF on BK puts me to sleep I do like the pro.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

GOTG mini PF on BK puts me to sleep I do like the pro.

@coolpinballdino, you sure seemed awake on Bk Le at Expo though lol

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I picked up a LE for under what a premium new would’ve cost me.

Excellent. Hope that money saved will go toward the best topper ever.

#19 3 years ago

Excellent. Hope that money saved will go toward the best topper ever.

Nah another machine most definitely though!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 25.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotgle-v-bksorle?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.