5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3525 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I have just tried to update the code on my GOTG and it looks like there was an issue as part of the update. I was unsure what the issue was as for some reason the writing had changed to spanish and it was not in its normal english. So with this I turned off the machine and removed the USB.

When I turned the machine back on I then get a screen that keeps flashing on and off that says "Retstarting Game".

Has anyone had this before and if so how do I fix this. Do I need to reinstall the update.

IMG_3525 (resized).jpgIMG_3525 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Make sure you loaded the correct update.

#3 5 years ago

Try a quick update again. If that doesn't fix it try a full update. You might also verify the checksum of the zip by downloading again and comparing the two files.

#4 5 years ago

I did cutoff a friend's GOTG accidentally in the middle of the update and got the same restart message. Yes, you need to install the update again. This time you may see two screens overlapping, but let it do what it needs to do. This time, do not interrupt the update.

Once it says to reboot, make sure the LEDs on the MPU completely shut off before turning the game back on.

#5 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for your quick response. I will try to complete the update again. I can see the screens overlapping but will let it do its thing.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I did cutoff a friend's GOTG in the middle of the update and got the same restart message. Yes, you need to install the update again. This time you may see two screens overlapping, but let it do what it needs to do. This time, do not interrupt the update.
Once it says to reboot, make sure the LEDs on the MPU completely shut off before turning the game back on.

Ok, thanks again everyone. I followed this process and the update completed with no issues. It was difficult to be able to read the update screen so left it for a longer period before turning the machine off and removing the USB. I then rebooted and everything worked perfect.

#7 5 years ago

Excellent. Enjoy!!

3 weeks later
#8 4 years ago

Hello, is there any chance for a new GOTG code ?
what is your opinion ? such a gr8 theme and the code is average
Stern could add some moving shots or any side things next to the modes, and optimize the final wizard mode
would be gr8 tp hear your opinions ... and hopefully also some answer from STERN.
nice Sunday

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Ben41:

Hello, is there any chance for a new GOTG code ?
what is your opinion ? such a gr8 theme and the code is average
Stern could add some moving shots or any side things next to the modes, and optimize the final wizard mode
would be gr8 tp hear your opinions ... and hopefully also some answer from STERN.
nice Sunday

Wrong thread for that question. This is a tech thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,495 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-will-not-reboot-after-code-update-106 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.