2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 How to step Posted by cleland (6 years ago)

Post #99 Song list Posted by deeplennon1 (6 years ago)

Post #102 V2 for 0.87 Posted by cleland (6 years ago)

Post #216 0.95 links Posted by cleland (5 years ago)

Post #258 V1.01 Pro Link Posted by cleland (5 years ago)

Post #387 Summary of all the steps in one handy post. Posted by midhandicapper (5 years ago)

Post #506 Version 1.06 Posted by cleland (5 years ago)

Post #772 Version 1.06 update Posted by cleland (3 years ago)

Post #785 SD Card instructions Posted by imagamejunky (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider midhandicapper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#387 5 years ago

Just got a GOTG Pro on Friday - my first pinball machine! I added Cleland's sound mod, and it's fantastic. Cleland, thank you sir! If you have a gofundme or anything where I can support your efforts, please let me know!

For complete newbies like myself, don't be afraid to do this - it's REALLY EASY! Here are the step-by-step instructions I used (gleaned by reading the posts in this thread) - the computer I use is a Macbook Pro:

1. Go to post #364 in this thread and download the appropriate file for your GOTG machine (Pro or LE/Premium) on to your computer.
2. Go to https://etcher.io/ and download Etcher on to your computer.
3. Pick up a blank SD flash card - I got this Sandisk 16 GB card from Amazon, per some of the other posters in this thread, and it worked like a charm (it was about $9). https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0143RTB1E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
4. Insert the flash card into your computer (on my Macbook Pro, the slot is on the right side)
5. Open the Etcher app to use it to move the Cleland file on to the SD card - just click on Select Image, then find the GOTG Cleland image (probably in your Downloads folder), then Click Select Drive, select the Sandisk card, and then click Flash. When it's all done, eject the new SD card from your computer.
6. Open the back box of your machine and lift out the back glass.
7. Turn off the power of your machine. Make sure all of the lights on the CPU (which is right in the middle) go off.
8. At the upper right of the CPU is where the stock flash card is housed (the top of the flash card should be peeking up over the top edge of the CPU). Push down gently on the stock flash card, and it should pop up. Remove the stock flash card and insert the new SD card until it clicks in (make sure that the metal contacts are pointing toward the back, and that the end that the contacts are on goes in first - the label of the SD card will face you and likely be upside down).
7. Power your machine back up - it takes a moment for the machine to complete the installation. Put the back glass back in, lock the back box, and you should be good to go!
8. Keep the stock flash card and update it when new code is released so you have a back-up.
9. Tell Cleland how awesome he is!

Added over 5 years ago:

ADDENDUM

Step 1 should now refer to post #506 for the latest version of code (1.06).

Added over 4 years ago:

ADDENDUM 2

Step 1 should now refer to post #772 for the latest version of code (updated soundtrack!)

1 month later
#437 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

How do I get this code? Do I need it sent to me or is there a place to download it? Any help appreciated. Thanks

Go to post 387 - I outline the step by step instructions that I used. Good luck!

#439 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Thanks. I’ll work on it this weekend.... any tips? Or just follow instructions and cross fingers?

It actually was extremely easy - you'll be enjoying the new sounds in no time.

11 months later
#691 4 years ago
Quoted from Bb_the_man:

As a 100% newbie here, are there any youtube videos you'd suggest on learning how to maintain one of these things. I'm admittedly a bit afraid to tinker too much with a $6000 machine. But there are definitely some things I'd like to adjust. E.g. after initial launch, the ball almost always holds up on the top of the playfield for a few seconds. Also, tilt is VERY touchy. would love to learn how to adjust these things. hell, I'd pay for a course somewhere ....

Not sure exactly what you're referring to about the ball staying at the top of the playfield.

But, as a novice pinball machine owner myself, I can tell you that adjusting the tilt sensitivity is pretty much one of the easiest things you can do. Here's a video from Stern that should be helpful:

3 weeks later
#697 4 years ago
Quoted from masterofnone51:

Thank you Imagamejunky! Which post # has the most up to date installation instructions for a new pin owner? And is Mac the prefer computer to copy these files?
Thanks

I did the instructions in post #387 - I think they are still valid!

8 months later
#800 3 years ago

Just upgraded to the new code - many thanks to Cleland and ArcadeBar for the great work! Now I will have to re-dedicate myself to achieving the high scores that the update wiped out...

#802 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Did you save settings to usb first?

No! Until seeing your post, I had no idea that you could do this. Will have to do that in the future - thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 26.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider midhandicapper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod?tu=midhandicapper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.