2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 How to step Posted by cleland (6 years ago)

Post #99 Song list Posted by deeplennon1 (6 years ago)

Post #102 V2 for 0.87 Posted by cleland (6 years ago)

Post #216 0.95 links Posted by cleland (5 years ago)

Post #258 V1.01 Pro Link Posted by cleland (5 years ago)

Post #387 Summary of all the steps in one handy post. Posted by midhandicapper (5 years ago)

Post #506 Version 1.06 Posted by cleland (5 years ago)

Post #772 Version 1.06 update Posted by cleland (3 years ago)

Post #785 SD Card instructions Posted by imagamejunky (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hd60609.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 6 years ago

I was very pleased with Stern's new code release to 0.87. Many, but not all, of the code complaints/suggestions were addressed.

But, WOW! Nice job @clelend! The game is getting better. Anyone who just had the voice actors/actresses as their only complaint about GOTG... now resolved. I learned to deal with them, but it is really nice hearing the true characters voices, as many are very distinct.

By the way, many have mentioned to me and in the forum, that Abobillybobo should be kept, for nostalgia, because it's so bad. Well hearing Yondu's actual mocking of the shop owner was extremely satisfying!

Hmmm, I think I should send cleland some friends and family funds, for his hard work and, you know, being a friend.

1 month later
#161 6 years ago

Just had a blast playing the update. The game was entertaining before, but much better with the code update. But REALLY, REALLY missing the work that cleland put in. Looking forward to the new code with all the great music/callouts. You gotta get to Cherry Bomb Multiball! That was cool!

1 week later
#177 6 years ago

@cleland,

Outstanding job with the new code! We so appreciate your efforts. It was tough... wanting to put your .87 SD card in to hear the great music and call-outs but loving the newest code and mode varieties from Stern. Well you took care of that. Just downloaded and works like a charm.

I especially love Fox on the Run during Gamora's Mode! Would love to hear Cheap Trick's "Surrender" but don't know where you'd fit it in if at all during the next update. Any thoughts? Rocket? Then Hooked on a Feeling would only play when not in a mode...

1 week later
#198 6 years ago

Just watched Guardians Vol 2 this weekend with the family. Another shout out to @cleland! Love the work you did. Love all the snip-its of music, even if some are from Vol. 2. I appreciate being able to make any subtle modifications to @cleland's code in Pinball Browser, but I haven't needed to!

Best of all, if and when I want to go back to original scores from Stern, I can just drop in the official Stern SD card with the newest code... and I agree, the voice actors really aren't that bad (easily tolerable).

2 weeks later
#224 5 years ago

Downloaded and played! Very nice work. Thank you for keeping up with the updates!

Is there a Pinsider of the Year Award? If there isn't, maybe there should be (For a person whose efforts benefit the community). The game itself is shaping up nicely, but you sir, have single handedly made it even better.

I nominate cleland for 2018 Pinsider of the Year.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#235 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks to sinestro who found a couple of lines I missed. Not bad, only two of over 600
"Sir, the high end community..." "Abobolebobo" 1st exchange
That first exchange is the voice actors. The remaining part of the conversation is audio from the movie.
Links have been updated. Sorry you'll have to download and flash to your card again for two lines.

@cleland, No kidding! I honestly heard this line like Sinestro did but thought it was your creative take by putting that line back in. After all it was so bad, it was comical. I am fine without it though!

2 weeks later
#290 5 years ago

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ultra-16gb-sdhc-uhs-i-memory-card/5424815.p?skuId=5424815

$9... I put 4 in a cart, price went down to $7... All worked perfect.

SD 16g (resized).jpgSD 16g (resized).jpg
1 week later
#311 5 years ago

Great thought on the cables, if it also happens with the stock SD. With so many of us running cleland 1.01 without issues, I'd start thinking it's something else. If it doesn't happen with the stock SD, then maybe it's the actual SD card. Brand? Specs... 16g, I assume... class 4, class 10? speed? 40, 80? Could it have been something with your download? I personally have used Win32DiskImager software to make these SD cards without issue. I've made all the cleland updates and even made copies of my stock SD's for KISS, GB and SW. I now run those copies in the machines with no issues. Just looking to help.

3 weeks later
#346 5 years ago

I think you flashed it correctly. I believe cleland put some thought in to where he could appropriately place music from the first and second Guardians movies. When there wasn't a good fit, or the original score was more effective, he left it. One of my favorites is hearing Fox on the Run (Gamora), even though it's from the second movie. It's great GOTG pin music.

I think this is what makes his efforts so effective. I don't think his goal was to cram everything in, everywhere. Plug it in and enjoy!

10 months later
#621 4 years ago

I had problems with etcher... I switched to Win32DiskImager, watched some Youtubes on it and never had a problem.

3 months later
#661 4 years ago

Not too risky. It used to be super risky, before Stern put the SD card files on-line in their "Support" section. Just keep your original SD card separate and protected. Flash a new SD card with the code you want and install it. Done.

You will have to wait while it says "Updating Node Boards". Again, a little nerve racking watching the screen flash and others have said they had issues, but many of us have never had any issues with a different SD card. Assuming you made a good SD card with your desired code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Los Angeles, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hd60609.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod?tu=hd60609 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.