2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 How to step Posted by cleland (6 years ago)

Post #99 Song list Posted by deeplennon1 (6 years ago)

Post #102 V2 for 0.87 Posted by cleland (6 years ago)

Post #216 0.95 links Posted by cleland (5 years ago)

Post #258 V1.01 Pro Link Posted by cleland (5 years ago)

Post #387 Summary of all the steps in one handy post. Posted by midhandicapper (5 years ago)

Post #506 Version 1.06 Posted by cleland (5 years ago)

Post #772 Version 1.06 update Posted by cleland (3 years ago)

Post #785 SD Card instructions Posted by imagamejunky (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frankmac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 6 years ago

Thanks cleland for all your hard work!!!

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Just a little update that things are progressing well and I have been doing some play testing. I have about another 150 lines to address and I am sprinkling in some quotes from the Vol2 movie that fit in well, even though I know the game is based on Vol1. It adds a little variety though while keeping the theme modes specific. Whew, this has been a ton of work but I feel this game will really be improved.

Sounds amazing!!!

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I am just about ready to post my first version for all to play tomorrow (Sunday Feb 25th). I've had about 10 games tonight and I am stoked with the results, but I'm also tired as hell (and had way too many IPA's) to fully play through all the modes. But, man am I excited how it's coming out, I hope you all will be too.
Be ready to have a 16 Gig SD card handy and be able to restore the .IMG file I post to a new card. Keep your stock one safe for regular Stern USB updates.

Great news!!

#51 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I think any SD card will work but I'm using a Sandisk 16 gig and it works fine. I'm about to PM a few of you guys with my latest .IMG file to restore to your SD card. Feel free to PM me if you want to "Beta Test" too. I still have a lot of things to implement but I'd say about 80% of the call outs are there with the current .87 code. I need some time to play and evaluate and invite you to also! Feedback is welcomed...as long as it's friendly

Feel free to pm me.. I would love to test it out..

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I am uploading both Pro and LE versions right now. I'll reach out to all those that PM'd me for both Pro and LE. It's gonna take an hour to upload though, I have zipped the .IMG files to make it about 4 gigs. You will need to unzip the archive and write the .IMG file back to an SD card 8 gigs or larger....I recommend a 16 gig Sandisk as that's been what I've been using.

Sweet!

#68 6 years ago

I am haveing trouble with the .img flie PC is what I am using. Anyone have advice?

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Explain what you using to try to write the image file to your SD card and someone will help.
Did you download the image file successfully? Do you have a 16gb SDcard? Are you using some software program (etcher, windisk32imager, etc)? Are you getting an error?

Yes all the above I have completed except for the software program.. I have to download one to my pc then figure it out from there .. Damn rookie I am.. what would you recommend?

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Going to be posting new versions soon. I have replaced all 8 standby mode loops and am finishing "Immolation Initiative call outs....heck I don't even know if it's a working mode yet, but the sounds exist.

Thanks again for your work! Hopefully I will enjoy it soon.. As I have had to bring in the big guns (wifey) to help. She is more tech savy..

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

PM sent, not looking for a cash grab, just seeing if my 80 plus hours are making the game more enjoyable.
And I do like that topper

Got you cleland nice work!! I was finally able to experience your work!! fantastic job!! Keep up the good work making GOTG great again!!! I will pm you in a bit!!

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I've been getting some great feedback and will certainly keep updating and adding things.
What to you guys think of using Jay and the Americans-Come a Little Bit Closer for Yondu Mode?
» YouTube video
Another suggestion was:
"I wanted to hear what your thought of replacing the Groot Multiball music with Fox on the Run. The opening of that song screams Guardians and might be excellent to hear during Groot MB."
» YouTube video
What say most of you, I think I like both of those ideas.

Yes and yes!! Can’t wait!

#84 6 years ago

#90 6 years ago

Southern nights for rocket mode?
Maybe after the timer runs out?
Or during the mode?
Thoughts?

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I think that Yondu is perfect and agree on leaving the Groot. I will listen to the Knowwhere mode as it sits currently and let you know.

pinstadium do you have pics of the pinstadium light on a GOTG?

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

OK, I have posted my V2 of the .87 code to the same links you have all been sent before. Just re-download and flash it to your SD card.
Some of the changes are:
Balanced out many of the call outs sounds. I still recommend going into the game settings and setting Speech attenuation to somewhere between -15 to -25.
Completed all call outs for all modes with current code .87
Used "Fox On The Run" music for "Sibling Rivalry" Modes
Used "David Bowie-Moonage Dream" music for "Knowhere" Modes
Used "Come A Little Bit Closer" music for "Yaka's Arrow" Modes
I still want to get Fleetwood Mac's "Break The Chain" in there somewhere, but can't decide where to fit it with current code.
At this point I am going to wait and see what happens with the next code update and go from there. I would like to add some more variety in the callouts
from the characters from VOL 2 of the movie, but will evaluate that with next code update. So for now, I am done with .87 code but will certainly address the next update. Thanks to all of you for the PM's and Topper fund, you guys rock!
Enjoy my fellow Pinsiders!
Edit: Some have said there were problems with the links but many have said they downloaded them fine. I think some of you early folks had the .zip link and I changed it to the direct .img. Just PM me if you have any problems and I'll re-send you the links.

The new updates on V2 .87 are fantastic cleland !
Thanks for saving GOTG!!

1 week later
#124 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks, and I'm happy to report that thanks to all you generous Pinsiders....The topper has been funded, ordered, and should be here on Friday.
Will post pictures and video.

Great news .. looking forward to seeing some pics of the topper.

2 weeks later
#156 6 years ago
1 week later
#170 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Topper still only works in attraction mode and is not integrated like Ghostbusters
Quick update, I'm taking two more days to implement some lines from volume 2 of the movies....I've had some thoughts to make it better instead of just porting over from .87. Hang tight, it's gonna be good!

cleland <~~~~ is like a bat signal!

GOTG needs you..

Thanks cleland

4 weeks later
#221 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks, I wish I was STARLORD! I wanted to do more with this update, but it takes so much time. I'll continue to work quietly in the background to implement some VOL 2 quotes where they make sense/fit and eventually Infinity War.

Thanks cleland I will upload soon. Your hard work does not go unnoticed...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 210.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frankmac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod?tu=frankmac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.