2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 How to step Posted by cleland (6 years ago)

Post #99 Song list Posted by deeplennon1 (6 years ago)

Post #102 V2 for 0.87 Posted by cleland (6 years ago)

Post #216 0.95 links Posted by cleland (5 years ago)

Post #258 V1.01 Pro Link Posted by cleland (5 years ago)

Post #387 Summary of all the steps in one handy post. Posted by midhandicapper (5 years ago)

Post #506 Version 1.06 Posted by cleland (5 years ago)

Post #772 Version 1.06 update Posted by cleland (3 years ago)

Post #785 SD Card instructions Posted by imagamejunky (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from Big70:

Got your code running on two Pro models yesterday and yes, the difference is night and day. I love it. So far nothing but good things coming from others that got to play them too. On a personal note, I would like to have an option to have the start (ooga-chaka) of Hooked on a Feeling returned. My kids enjoy that especially. Keep up the great work Kevin!

+1

I'd miss Ooga-chaka

1 week later
#152 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'm going to make it so you download a new .90.img file to write back to your modified 2nd SD card. Keep the original and run Stern's stock USB update so you always have both options. The links that were sent out will remain the same, you will only need to change "87" to "90" in the links to download.
Good news, some new audio......bad news everything has shifted so I'll probably need to go line by line again

I can't get PB 6.40 to open up the new code. It seems you have.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'm using PB 6.00 without issue so far.

My bad....figured it out.

#165 6 years ago

Stern of the Union update.

Another code release later this month with topper support and additional refinement.

http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-April-2018

#169 6 years ago

Cleland,

As someone who has tinkered with Pinball Broswer in modifying my Ghostbusters, I can appreciate the time that you've put into this massive project!

Quick question: Would you consider releasing a 2nd version of your image, one that only has the call-outs replaced, but leaves everything else stock?

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'll see if I can get some video posted soon. Updated post #172 for Premium/LE owners to update to .90 Sound Update.

In 1080P this time? LOL!

1 week later
#196 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

But, in the end I'll probably end up with two versions. One that keeps the stock call outs but replaces the music and one with real movie sound clips and replaced music.

I would humbly request a 3rd version. One that swaps out the dialog with the movie scenes, but leaves the music stock. I’m not sure all the pop songs mesh well with playing pinball. Some of the custom music is quite good.

3 weeks later
#239 5 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Try using hdd raw copy to copy the image on the sd card -- make sure you select the source and DESTINATION carefully.
http://download.cnet.com/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/3000-2094_4-75544749.html

You’re assuming he has Windows.

Use Etcher. Free....cross platform.

https://etcher.io

1 week later
#244 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

New code v1.0
Finally get Groot mouth movement with “I am Groot” to start Multiball
But not worth it till Cleland v1.0 comes out

I would hope everybody has 2 SD cards by now!

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Oh boy, downloading now....I hope I can just run the macro by now and not have to alter 600+ lines individually.
I think this go around I'll just post USB update links. You should all have an alternate SD card for my updates by now, and this will cut the file download size in half. Stay tuned!

You might wait a second. There is a nasty bug where bonuses are being carried over to each player!

I bet Stern patches this within a week.

#264 5 years ago

Now that 1.0 is out and code updates should be slowing down, I hope we'll get a version from Cleland that replaces the movie lines only.

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

From your previous posts, I have implemented this since .95. I did all the movie callouts first and then the music changes last. Therefore, in the macro I can simply remove the last commands for the music callouts and you can retain stock music and only have the movie quotes. I'll see if I can get that to you soon.

That’s awesome!

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I’m really grateful for all the work that Cleland put in to this, but I TOTALLY disagree that the stock sound alikes were that bad.
I updated to 1.01 before Cleland’s LE file was ready. I thought it would be a compromise... but it didn’t bug me at all.
What I really like about this replacement file is the music choices.
The sound alikes on stock code aren’t terrible, and the mix is very good on them.
Just my 2 cents. Don’t get me wrong, I’m running Cleland’s file... I just don’t think the original is terrible.

It's a mixed bag. The voices for Starlord and Gamora are very close to the original actors, but Rocket, Yandu, and Ronan are not good.

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

All the voices in the factory code sound decent to me. I also noticed that in 1.0.1 they mix it up, with the callouts changing slightly each time. I’m still planning to download and try Cleland’s changes, now that the code should be stable for a while.

The changing callouts have been there for some time.

It's a setting you can change to "Movie Lines Only"

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

I am trying to load this on a Mac on a 32GB Sandisk and for some reason it is only showing 8.4GB free. But I deleted what was on it. Any ideas?

Reformat it with Disk Utility.

Also check to make sure it's not partitioned.

#309 5 years ago

Cleland made available to me a version that just replaces the dialog, while preserving the custom music from Stern. I have to say, this is even better than I imagined.

While I liked some of the extra songs added, others didn't feel right to me for Pinball. Also, the dialog of the movie keep breaking in over the singing, and that made it a bit hard on the ears.

Now, everything sounds great, with the actual clips coming in over the instrumental music.

I am very happy with this mix. Big thanks to Cleland for doing this. If anyone is interested in this particular sound mod, hit Cleland up.

#325 5 years ago

The “Sinestro” version.

I like it!

1 week later
#331 5 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

Just wow...cleland, just want to thank you for doing this. Something that should have been done on by Stern, because this mod really makes the game IMHO. To me it makes it so much more enjoyable. I went from code .74, to your 1.01, and my thoughts of selling my LE vanished. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Quick question, is there any way to have the whole song play when the ball is in the trough at the bringing of play instead of a ~5 sec loop of the song?

You can't change the length of sounds in a game using the Pinball Browser. You can only swipe out assets.

1 week later
#342 5 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I used win32 disk imager. It was really easy. You can’t just copy it.

Or Etcher. Better interface.

https://etcher.io/

1 week later
#350 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Did you manage to get star lords “boom” in from infinity war or will it be a case of waiting until the dvd/blu Ray release of the movie to be able to rip that sound bite?

How else would he get them? I doubt he's bringing a recorder in the movie theater!

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It’s 2018 not 1918, sound can be ripped from trailers and scenes released in exclusive clips (full scenes) shown ahead of movie releases these days

#1 You'd have to have the line you're looking for in the trailer.

#2 The quality would be subpar compared to grabbing the center channel from a 5.1 mix.

#356 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

#3 this is already pretty clear to begin with

Blah. Not up to quality standards.

#357 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Youtube trailer

Already discussed above. Not the same quality level.

#362 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Haha I was only having a little fun Sinestro, currently sat in intensive care with my partner and her son so anything for a little release at the moment is good for the mind.

No worries. I'm full of piss and vinegar sometimes.

1 week later
#372 5 years ago

Cleland's mod is only audio changes. That's how the Pinball Browser works.

All of the excellent improvements in the game code have come right from Stern.

1 week later
#383 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Minor tweaks, nothing that affects sound. You can run the stock Stern Update via USB to your modified SD card and it will update, but leave the modified sounds alone.

Confirmed. Updating via USB will not wipe out sound changes.

Thanks Cleland!

1 month later
#429 5 years ago

It worked fine. No issues with the original sounds coming back.

Just make sure you do the quick update (which is the default).

1 month later
1 month later
#459 5 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

does anyone have a 104 code then can send me ??
[quoted image][quoted image]

You can run the 1.06 code again...do a full install, not a quick.. It will be really hard to read, as both screens will be smashed together.

Or if you have the Pro, just use the link Cleland just posted.

#462 5 years ago

Just tested out the Sinestro (Movie lines only) version of 1.06 that Cleland has listed above. It works correctly and is good to go!

Cleland's full modded version (Movie lines and extra music) should also be fine, but I won't be able to check it till tomorrow. If someone else tries it and it works, please post in here so everyone will know and I'll know not to do it.

#464 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Is this version also Compatible with 1.04 or lower?

This is the entire 1.06 SD card image.

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Cleland version works fine also.

Great! I'll skip testing that one. Thanks!

#476 5 years ago

Macs that zip files over 4 gb sometimes have issues on Windows.

Try using 7zip to unzip the files on Windows.

https://www.7-zip.org

I'm assuming Cleland didn't zip them in the past.

#481 5 years ago

Maybe Cleland should re-upload them uncompressed. Mac zip files over 4gb give Windows users problems.

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

On pc used winzip and winrar and still get errors. Strange, I guess I'll leave it on 1.04

Try 7-zip

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I'm not sure why the image size went to 16gb, when the original stern card were 8gb ones? I had a look at the image for the pro and made an 8gb version for my game. That way i could continue using my spare 8gb card. There is just a load of unallocated space on the card for the remaining 8gb of it.
original 16gb card
[quoted image]
trimmed to 8gb card
[quoted image]
If anyone wants the 8gb version i can upload it to dropbox, and/or happy to send to cleland to if he wants it.
Cheers

Cleland added assets and used a 16gb SD to be safe. The RAW image assumes a 16GB card since that is what he used when the image was created.

#509 5 years ago

Cleland, what's the difference in the 4 versions? Are two of them 8gb and two of them 16gb?

You might want to mark what's what.

#511 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Pro Cleland
Pro Sinestro
LE/Premium Cleland
LE/Premium Sinestro
They are all just under 8 gigs and will fit on an 8gig are larger SD card.

I had a brain fart.

1 month later
#525 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Is there a post somewhere that lists what everything that is actually changed by installing the mod?

Hundreds of lines of dialog.

Depending on what version you use, a few extra songs.

#527 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ah so there's a lot to it, not just songs. Callouts, movie lines, etc, the whole works. I take it by the reviews I've read that it's a must have mod for GOTG.

Basically, Stern had voice actors recite the exact movie lines, as well as alternative, but similar lines.

Cleland's mod replaces the movie dialog from the voice actors to the actual audio of those lines from the actors in the movie. You then go to settings and select the game to only use the movie lines.

It also replaces some of of the game specific instrumental music with additional songs from the movie soundtrack.

Cleland also offers the "Sinestro" version, which only replaces the voice actors, but leaves the stock instrumental music in place.

#532 5 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Thanks for the heads up. I did not know this and just went and checked my machine and it was set to both original and alternates, so I switched it to original movie lines only. Played a few games and did not really notice a difference. When does it use the alternate lines if set for both?

It's random. The lines are slightly different. If you don't have the movie memorized, you may not notice the difference.

However, it is crucial that you turn off the alternative lines when you use this mod. Otherwise, it will switch back and forth between the voice actors (reading the alternative lines) and the movie audio lines....making it a mess!

1 month later
#567 5 years ago

Clicking on the Sinestro links on post 506 seem to show Pro and Premium images downloading named "Sinestro".

Now, he could have mis-named them....

1 month later
#593 4 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Sorry, for having to ask, but to clarify ... when I have updated my other Sterns I have used a jump drive ... but to do this sound pkg. update I will only need to buy an SD card which I will load the files onto (using Etcher,) then replace the stock SD card that is already in the back box with the new one?
** I'm picking up a GOTG Pro in Allentown and will have it in my booth at the show. I would like to bring what I need to add your awesome sound pkg to it while I'm there.
... Thanks for any additional info.

Correct.

1 week later
#606 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

In my humble opinion I think the Cleland version with the real actor's voices and the actual songs playing during the game modes is the only way to go. It just makes the game SO much better

In my biased opinion, I like the Sinestro version.

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I had problems with etcher... I switched to Win32DiskImager, watched some Youtubes on it and never had a problem.

You're assuming he's using Windows.

Etcher is cross platform.

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

For some reason etcher is not working at all. When you log into the website, it just goes to a blank screen.

It's up for me.

https://www.balena.io/etcher/

2 months later
#650 4 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

I love the Cleland mod but have one question. Is it possible to download the code incorrectly that would cause the speaking parts to not sync very well with the clips? Mine seems a second or so off?

No. And the clips never line up because the video never has them speaking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.00
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 26.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 22.50
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod?tu=Sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.