2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 How to step Posted by cleland (6 years ago)

Post #99 Song list Posted by deeplennon1 (6 years ago)

Post #102 V2 for 0.87 Posted by cleland (6 years ago)

Post #216 0.95 links Posted by cleland (5 years ago)

Post #258 V1.01 Pro Link Posted by cleland (5 years ago)

Post #387 Summary of all the steps in one handy post. Posted by midhandicapper (5 years ago)

Post #506 Version 1.06 Posted by cleland (5 years ago)

Post #772 Version 1.06 update Posted by cleland (3 years ago)

Post #785 SD Card instructions Posted by imagamejunky (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Markharris2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#929 2 years ago
Quoted from TZAA:

Hi guys what a great community you have here, i bought my first pin the other day a dream of mine since i was a kid. I have gone through the whole post looking at different opinions about the 2-3 mods that are available. As ive only just registed and wasnt able to comment or send messages i couldnt sent a pm to cleland for his mod, so found the applejuice one, downloaded as the instructions said. Installed it in the cab, i think its working as it turns on and i can play my only problem is that the mission select is not there anymore, so as soon as i open it up, the green lights are on so i can start playing but no mission select. Is that the way its supposed to be or have i done something wrong?
great work btw guys and thanks for the help
p.s i am also a graphic designer and can also do animations, is there anyway i can add my own designs to the screen?
another question are we able to add more highscores instead of it being just one champion and 2nd 3rd 4th 5th to make it into 10 maybe?

You won't be able to change functionality of any gamecode (like the way specific features work, or the number of high scores being displayed), but Pinball Browser allows you to change most audio and video clips throughout. I am just diving into a GOTG machine (now that I have one on order), and I suspect it's just like timlah79 's work he did for Jurassic Park where he swapped out hundreds of audio clips and dozens of video clips into his new version of the gamecode. It's alot of work, finding and editting clips, but Pinball Browser is the tool to make it happen. PB essential has a list of the audio and video assets, and you can drop-in an EXACT replacement clip and then re-write the game code image.

#931 2 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Hello! I recently obtained a GOTG Pro w/ this Cleland audio mod (fantastic mod, btw!), and a speaker upgrade. The audio on the machine is fairly blown out, especially the callouts from the movie, even after attempting to adjust bass gain around the machine, but I'm not an audio guy. Could anyone share their audio settings, if they've found a sweet spot where there is no or minimal blow out? If this is just the nature of the beast, due to the sound bites obtainable from the film, so be it! Figured I'd ask, though, as the fuzzy audio is the only thing taking this to the next level for the experience on my machine!
EDIT: Poked through this thread manually a bit more and found some other people w/ the same issue, so I'm guessing it is indeed a defect inherent to the mod, and not necessarily related to the audio settings of my machine.

Take a look at post # 794 and # 796 (on Page 16 of this thread) as it will get you started with the adjustments

1 month later
#948 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Interesting thing is I do not think 1.07 was ever actually released. Until the other day 1.06 was the latest on the download site.

Exactly! I wonder how often new features are completed for any game, only to be shelved since the aggregate of these features don't warrant a new release. In this case a bunch of work went into 1.07, but was shelved until the new node boards FORCED the release of microcode, but the new features went along for the ride. Without the chip/microcode issue, V1.07 features may have never seen the light of day!

3 weeks later
#950 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

is there a sinestro update for 1.08 yet? (pro)

Sound mod support images for 1.08 starts with Pinball Browser supporting that version of sdcard, which at this moment has not happened. Watch the Pinball Browser thread, and when oga83 announces he supports 1.08 sdcards for GOTG, you'll likely see one or more sound mods being released not long afterwards...

3 months later
#968 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I will be updating GOTG over the Christmas Holiday. Stranger Things took precedence over Guardians due to only being 20 or so sound changes. GOTG has hundreds! Hope to give you all an update on Christmas Day!

I KNOW this is a lot of work, but the GOTG owners will applaud your efforts. And I would guess that 1.09 will be the last one we’ll see for this title for a really long time since it is ~4 years old. So you won’t have to do another upgrade anytime soon…

1 month later
#997 2 years ago
Quoted from rockeeraccoon:

I am eagerly awaiting this too. Fishman54 created a 1.08 version (and one person tried it successfully), but said that he wants to tweak it a bit more before making it available to others. This version would not work with Insider Connect as it's not 1.09 (which currently can't be modified with Pinball Browser).

There is some wisdom in only modifying v1.08 instead of "going all the way" to v1.09 since 1) the changes between the two versions are basically only insider-connect stuff, and 2) with v1.09 and the IC-kit hardware installed, there is a 'chance' that Stern would now have an easy mechanism to detect any unauthorized gamecode version, which is a violation of their license. Not saying they would do anything with that knowledge, but technically that would be pretty easy for them to do.

2 weeks later
#1003 2 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

sorry if I've missed this answer already, but is it okay to roll back from the Insider code so that I can get back to a Cleland-compatible version? I miss the good music, and I don't have the apron anyway.

If you have a pre-august 2021 build, you can run any version of the gamecode, up through current. Just swap the SDcard, and the game runs the code, regardless of what was on the game previously. I think 1.06 was the latest version with ALL of @cleland's sound mod. Owners of August-2021 and newer machines, need to run 1.08 or later which has not been addressed by cleland so far. (cleland has not updated 1.08 or 1.09 yet)

3 months later
#1028 1 year ago

The amazing Cleland code was based on an earlier version of the gamecode (1.05 or 1.06). The latest GOTG final batch of machines requires a new microcode, only found in 1.08 or later. So, when any enthusiasts releases an update based on 1.08 or 1.09 you will be able to use it in late date GOTG machines. I believe there are several update mods in the works, and I think PoMC even released one recently. That said, cleland has not yet released any update for GOTG and before you ask "why?", understand that its a ton of effort to do this 'volunteer' work!

#1034 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Of course Stern did that. Lol! PoMC I will def check yours out. I like having options. I’m just happy I got a spot with the final build. September can’t come soon enough.

The issue is they made a hardware revision to the node boards for that newest Gotg build which requires a newer version of the initialization microcode than previously supplied. 1.08 or later has the new microcode built in whereas earlier gamecode images don’t and hence won’t initialize the node boards properly.

1 month later
#1072 1 year ago
Quoted from jaimmy127:

I have a friend who has a newer GOTG Pro with the newer node boards 8/9. He installed an SD card with Cleland 1.06 code and the game flashed the node boards and node boards 8/9 no longer worked whis is expected based on Stern's comments in the reade.txt file for v1.08 and 1.09.
The question is when Stern says "the node boards will no longer work" if pre 1.08 is used, does this mean they are permanently damaged or should they start working again when a SD card with factory v1.08/1.09 is inserted into the game?
He tried creating a new v1.09 SD card using the image from Stern and the game boots fine but node boards 8/9 are not initializing.
Any info as to whether these node boards 8/9 need to be replaced or if there is a way to recover them to work on v1.09 would be greatly appreciated.

They warned everyone not to flash old code on newer node boards due to some hardware changes and different microcode involved, but to your friend's credit, his situation MAY be the first documented case on this site of an attempt to flash the old code which actually rendered the node boards useless. Previously it was not clear if this simply rendered the boards inoperable until the right code was re-flashed, or if loading the old code actually bricked the node boards. I think it's now safe to say now... that loading old code is not recoverable!

(If under warranty, they may be willing to swap the node boards at Stern service, but they probably don't want to know anything about 'custom code' or 'unauthorized code' being tried).

2 weeks later
#1078 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Looks like stern dropped new code last night, anyone know if it will work with Clelands 1.09 code?

Cleland would need to rebuild his edits on top of the new 1.10 gamecode. Using Stern's new 1.10 gamecode will revert the machine to factory audio. (Pinball browser will need to support 1.10 first and then cleland will need to spend time updating the gamecode to his version of the audio tracks)

#1084 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

Question if the new game comes that is being built in September with code 1.10 will I still be able to use the cleland 1.09 code? I have it already to go on the SD card but now I am bumming cuz I am not sure it would work with the run of games In September

A september build machine will likely have the new NODE boards that require the new microcode, but that new microcode exists in V1.09 and v1.10. You should be able to use them interchangeably (but don't go any furthar backward in gamecode version number unless you want a whole new kind of experience with Stern customer service).

1 month later
#1092 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Anyone know the difference between 1.06 and 1.09? Stern's not showing gamecode updates anymore (just 1.10). The reason I ask is I'm running the custom 1.06 code and curious what I'll be getting upgrading to 1.09

There are some major differences between 1.10 and 1.06, so here is 1.10, 1.09, 1.08 and 1.07 additions from the release notes:

LE/PRE V1.10 - July 29, 2022
=====================

- STERN INSIDER CONNECTED
Home Team
The Home Team features allows Insider Connected players to log in
and play without scanning their QR code.
When the game is registered to a home location and set to Free Play,
Home Team can be enabled via Standard Adjust #51 or from Guided Setup.
Up to 8 players can be added to the Home Team from the Stern Insider
Connected Setup menu.
The Home Team can be shared across all games registered at the game's
location by enabling the Home Team Standard Adjustment on each game.
Players need only be added once to the Home Team. Players can be
later removed from the Home Team, and guests can be temporarily
added to the Home Team.
Find out more about Home Team at http://insider.sternpinball.com.
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.00.0
- Correct the replay score boost when Standard Adjustment REPLAY TYPE is set to DYNAMIC.
All REPLAY LEVELS for all players are potentially immediately incremented instead of only replay level 1.
- Correct Standard Adjustment FREE PLAY LIMIT. Previously this adjustment would not be honored
in all circumstances. FREE PLAY LIMIT sets the maximum number of free games which a
player can win during a game. Once the FREE PLAY LIMIT is reached, a player will not receive
a free game from:
a REPLAY level (if REPLAY AWARD is set to CREDIT)
a SPECIAL (if SPECIAL AWARD is set to CREDIT)
Grand Champion/High Score (if HIGH SCORE AWARD is set to CREDIT
a match (if MATCH AWARD is set to CREDIT)
- The default setting for FREE PLAY LIMIT is 5 games (per player per game played).
NOTE setting the FREE PLAY LIMIT to a value less than the number of REPLAY LEVELS
will decrease the number of REPLAY levels available.
- Fixed redundant sound effects when scanning into Insider Connected in some
instances.
- Added Standard Audit "Total Power On Time". This is a lifetime audit of the
hours, minutes, seconds the machine has been powered on. This lifetime audit
will start accumulating with this update.
- Added the ability to unregister a machine via the Stern Insider Connected menu.
A machine must be unregistered from an Insider Connected account prior to being
added to a new account. Highlighting and selecting "Yes, unregister this game."
will unregister the game from your account.
- Stern Insider Connect Setup Screens:
IP, network name, and Wi-Fi signal strength displayed in top corners of display.
- Added Net->About->Events page
This page will display:
The current date and time
The date and time the game was recently powered on
The play count since powered on
The coin count since powered on
The paid credit count since powered on
The service credit count since powered on
The coin door open count since powered on
The tilt count since powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered off
The lifetime power on count
- Update the factory default value of "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "FREE PLAY ONLY".
- Update Install Competition: set "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "NEVER".
- Added new Standard Adjustment "COIN ACCEPTOR" whose value can be "MECHANICAL" or "ELECTRONIC", and
default value is "MECHANICAL". This adjustment is only available when the Country is set to Italy
and Free Play is set to No.
The coin door for Italy with a MECHANICAL acceptor is configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 0.10
right coin switch: EUR 0.50
4th coin switch: EUR 0.10
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0
The coin door for Italy with a Electronic acceptor is configured:
center coin switch: EUR 1.00
right coin switch: EUR 2.00
4th coin switch: EUR 0.20
- Guided Setup
Added "Coin Acceptor" setting, only available when Country is set to Italy and "Free Play" is No.
Hide "Game Pricing" when "Free Play" is set to Yes.
Add translation strings for some top level selections.
- Fixed game reboot issue at power on with coin door interlock switch in the open position.
- Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name and green check mark with
Verified Location if the machine is registered to a pro account.
- Added a "DJ Mixer" music player to the game play mode menu that appears in
the attract mode.
- To start, hold in both flipper buttons. When the GAME PLAY MODE MENU appears
use the flipper buttons to navigate the DJ MIXER player, use the
START BUTTON to enter your selection.
- Use buttons to control the player
- LEFT BUTTON will restart the current tune. It will go to the previous
song if pressed near the start of a song.
- RIGHT BUTTON will move to the next song.
- The LOCKDOWN BAR BUTTON will exit the DJ MIXER.
- The START BUTTON will exit the DJ MIXER.
- Both flipper buttons will Pause or un-pause the mode. After some time,
while paused, the DJ MIXER will automatically end.
- There are three new adjustments in the STANDARD ADJUSTMENTS for this:
- PLAYER DJ MIXER MODE - Default = YES
- NO - Do not include in the GAME PLAY MENU
- YES - Include in the GAME PLAY MENU
- DJ MIXER PLAYLIST MODE - Default = ORDERED PLAYBACK
- ORDERED PLAYBACK - play songs in order
- SHUFFLE PLAYBACK - play songs in a random order
- DJ MIXER PLAYLIST REPEAT - Default = YES
- NO - Return to the attract mode when the playlist ends.
- YES - Restart the playlist when it ends.
- The game must be in FREE PLAY to use the DJ MIXER
- Removed left flipper competition mode select (superseded by both flippers for game mode menu)
and replaced default game mode menu with a game specific menu.
- Added adjustments to change the strength of the flippers.
- Fixed a bug where the number of credits were not being updated/displayed immediately in the attract mode.
- Changed the debounce timing on coin switches.

LE/PRE V1.09 - December 15, 2021
=====================

- The game can have a connectivity kit installed and be connected to
STERN INSIDER CONNECTED.
- Once connected you can log in and start earning Achievements.
- To login in hold your QR code over the scanner. When you see you are
logged in just push start. By default, the game will automatically start
the game for everyone that is logged in with one button press.
- Before you press start, while the login screen is up, the current player
can use the flipper buttons to move which player position that will be.
- After the game, by default, players will have a few seconds to press
start and all stay logged in. The game will start all games with one
press of the start button.
- Added Achievements -
- There are 70 achievements you can earn if you are logged in.
- Achievements will pop up after you have received them as soon as they
can. Also, they are seen at the start of end of ball bonus if you
received any that ball.
- You can see all the achievements and how they are earned in instant
info or on the web site insider.sternpinball.com
- Your username will displace PLAYER # in the main score frame.
- If you are logged in your high score entry will default to your initials.
You will still be able to change them.

- Fixed a bug where the game didn't award a Super Skill Shot upon hitting the
Orb Target.
- Fixed a bug where the Game Over music didn't start at the end of game play.
- Now the balls are released immediately out of Groot's mouth at game over
when the match adjustment is set to OFF.
- Fixed a problem in Quills Quest 2 where the Quills Bounty/Treasure Connectivity
Awards were not being chalked correctly.
- Now the Groot Multiball Super Jackpot awards 6,250,000 points.
- Added credits/pricing to all attract mode display screens.
- Changed the size/position of player scores that are shown at the bottom of
the display during game play.
- Added a PowerUp/Boot screen Display Effect.

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.81.0
- Added Standard Adjustment "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS" to allow dimming of LCD display.
- Added adjustments for Login and Play Again display timers:
"INSIDER LOGIN TIMER" - Login screen timeout (Default 30 seconds)
"INSIDER PLAY AGAIN TIMER" - Play Again screen timeout (Default 20 seconds)
- GAME RESTART behavior:
Holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will follow
the "START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" adjustment.
If ("GAME RESTART" == "YES") and ("START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" == "ALL LOGGED IN")
holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will restart the game for as many
players as is necessary to accommodate the users that are logged in.
If there are not enough credits to restart the game for the necessary number
of players, the game will not be restarted.
- Address Insider Connected game registration corner cases.
- Upon entering the Service Menu for the first time after a software update, a screen
will display the game and system version numbers. This screen will be displayed
for a minimum of 1 second, and is dismissed by the enter button. This replaces
the dots display previous shown at power on after an update.
- LOGIN behavior:
* When a user logs in during a game in progress and the player up slot
is occupied, assign the user in the first open slot from lowest
player to the highest player.
* When a user joins a game in progress, award achievements that were
earned up to that point.
* When user authorization failure, remove the user from the session.
- Added audits for connectivity games and scanner use
"CONNECTIVITY USERS SCANNED" - display the number successful user QR code scans
"CONNECTIVITY USERS JOINED" - display the number of users that joined a connected game.
"1 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 1 logged-in users
"2 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 2 logged-in users
"3 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 3 logged-in users
"4 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 4 logged-in users
"ACHIEVEMENTS GIVEN" - display the number of achievements awarded
- Connectivity support for Spike 2 games.
- Adjustment: "START BUTTON BEHAVIOR"
"SINGLE CREDIT" - One start button press will start a one player game.
"ALL LOGGED IN" - One start button press will start games for enough players
to accommodate all logged-in users (Default).

LE/PRE V1.08 - July 27, 2021
=====================

* NOTE: The current production of Guardians of the Galaxy (GOTG) uses core nodes
(address 8 and 9) with a new electronics component. These core nodes require
firmware version 0.51.0 or later. The GOTG software has been updated to V1.08
with this support. The previous version V1.07 (from 6/28/19) does NOT support
the new node board. If someone DOWNGRADES their new game from 1.08 to 1.07
these newer node boards will no longer work.

- Corrected the text for the "Sixth" coin slot.

- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.74.0
- Added Standard Audit "Total Power Ons" which will display the number of
time the machine has been power cycled (Spike2 only). This audit was added in
system 2.45 and is not included for display.
- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.
- Update HSTD RESET COUNT adjustment to increment/decrement by 100s when >= 100 and
by 10s when < 100.
- When starting a game ramp the backbox GI from "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".
- When ending a game ramp the backbox GI from "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".
- New Standard Adjustment "START BUTTON ATTRACT MODE ILLUM."
This adjustment, which is only available and active when the game is in FREE PLAY mode, controls
the behavior of the Start Button Light.
Values are:
"ALWAYS OFF" - Start Button Light is always off when in attract mode.
"BLINKING" - Start Button Light will blink when in attract mode. This is the DEFAULT and previous behavior.
"ALWAYS ON" - Start Button Light is always on when in attract mode.
- Update TARGET_GAME_TIME adjustment to ensure a minimal ballsaver even after
the target game time is met.
- Do not display LOCATING NODE BOARD at boot when coin door interlock switch
has disabled node board power.
- Improve backbox and cabinet audio synchronization.
- Update the HSTD reset counter when the Standard Adjustment is changed.
- Added TARGET_GAME_TIME adjustment, accessible when the BALL_SAVE_TIME
adjustment is enabled.
TARGET_GAME_TIME enables a multi-use ball saver, whose duration is
dynamically calculated for each ball to help ensure the player has
a guaranteed amount of play time per game.
TARGET_GAME_TIME has a range of 1m 30s to 3m 00s and defaults to
NO_TARGET_TIME (disabled).
When disabled a traditional single-use BALL_SAVE_TIME ball saver will be
used for each ball in play.
When enabled the first ball of play will have a multi-use ball saver of
BALL_SAVE_TIME sec. The second ball will have a multi-use ball saver
which is 25% of (TARGET_GAME_TIME - player_game_time).
The third and beyond will have a multi-use ball saver which is 50% of
(TARGET_GAME_TIME - player_game_time).
- Updated 10 band graphic EQ to have 15 slider settings (was 120) above/below the
neutral center line.
- Rename Util->Volume->Speaker Balance to Speaker Fade. This adjusts the volume
levels of the cabinet (front) and backbox (back) speakers. The term Balance
was misleading and implied adjusting the level of the left and right backbox speakers.
- Added UTIL->VOL Adjustment "SELECT AUDIO FILTER". Values are:
"NONE", "HIGH/LOW SHELF", and "10 BAND EQ". Default value is "HIGH/LOW SHELF".
"NONE": No filtering will be performed on the audio output. Useful when using
the Line Out as input for an external device.
"HIGH/LOW SHELF": A High/Low Shelf Filter is applied to the audio output.
The Bass Frequency can be set to: 125Hz, 250Hz, or Disabled.
The Treble Frequency can be set to: 4KHz, 8KHz, or Disabled.
The Gain can be set to -12dB .. +12dB
On Spike 2 the Shelf Frequency and Gain can be set independently for the BackBox and Cabinet speakers.
"10 BAND EQ": A full 10 Band EQ is applied to the audio output.
Sliders are used to adjust the Gain of a specific range of frequencies.
The Frequencies are: 31Hz, 62Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1KHz, 2KHz, 4KHz, 8KHz, 16KHz.
The Gain curve has a 60dB dynamic range across the -120 .. +120 Slider settings.
On Spike2 the Gain can be set independently for the BackBox and Cabinet speakers.
- Allow the knocker sound effect to play completely when a replay is
awarded during the last ball bonus and ensure the normal game
volume is restored.
- Added Standard Adjustment "MAX PLAYERS PER GAME". Values are 1 to 4,
with a default setting of 4. This can be used to limit the number
of players that can be added to a game.
- Using LEFT+START to end a game during bonus count could leave game graphics
on screen while in attract mode. This has been corrected.

LE/PRE V1.07 - June 28, 2019
=====================

- Added attract mode tutorial videos for inserting coins, pressing
start button, using ball plunger, and flipper buttons.
- Optimized the amount of game data being saved to the SD card.

- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.49.0
- Added Service Menu selection UTIL->ENDGAME. This selection is only available
when there is an active game. When selected the operator will be prompted
to confirm that they wish to end the current game. Once confirmed and upon
exiting the Service Menu, the game will be in attract mode.
- Added Standard Adjustment "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME". Values are:
"NEVER", "FREE PLAY ONLY", and "ALWAYS". Default value is "NEVER".
During an active game, if the LEFT FLIPPER+START BUTTONs are held for
two seconds, the game will be ended.
- Added Standard Audit "TOTAL PLAYS ENDED", which will track the number of times
a game is ended via the Service Menu or FLIPPER+START BUTTONs.
- Added Standard Adjustment "CREDIT FORMAT". Values are:
"ACTUAL FRACTION" and "REDUCED FRACTION". Default value is "REDUCED FRACTION".
For a USA coin door when inserting three quarters:
"REDUCED FRACTION" would display "1/4", "1/2", "3/4"
"ACTUAL FRACTION" would display "1/4", "2/4", "3/4"
- Update Italian translation of "ENTER INITIALS" to "INSERISCI LE TUE INIZIALI"
- Coin door interlock switch support for Spike2.
- Updated instructions for RESTORE SETTINGS.
- Reordered items in UTIL->VOL, moved CABINET SPEAKER TYPE to be after
BACKBOX SPEAKER TYPE.
- Added UTIL->RESET->VOL which will reset all audio settings to their
default values.
- Append (MAX) to the credit message if the number of credits equals
the CREDIT LIMIT adjustment.
- Correct Euro Coin Door/Electronic Coin Mech configuration.
Standard Euro Coin Door now configured as:
"10 units per pulse, Left 5, Center 10, Right 20, 4th 2, 5th 0, 6th 0"
Italian Euro Coin Door now configured as:
"10 units per pulse, Left 5, Center 1, Right 5, 4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
- Updated Custom Pricing Editor to display Pricing Format description in the
title area when it is being edited.
- Added Standard Adjustment #57 "PRICING FORMAT". Values are:
"STANDARD", "MINIMAL", "STD W/ MONETARY SYMBOL", and "MIN W/ MONETARY SYMBOL".
"MINIMAL" will replace consecutive identical coin/credit increments with "..".
"MONETARY SYMBOL" will add the leading or trail monetary symbol appropriate
for the currency is use. For CUSTOM PRICING this can be TOKEN, COIN, SWIPE,
or TAP.
- USA 13 (as opposed to the current active GAME PRICING) is used to demonstrate
the effects of the different options in the Service Menu as there is a
difference between STANDARD and MINIMAL formatting. (and there may not be in the current
active pricing).
STANDARD - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/1.00 2/2.00 3/3.00 4/4.00 7/5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/0.50 2/1.00 4/1.50 6/2.00

MINIMAL - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/1.00 .. 7/5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/0.50 .. 4/1.50 6/2.00

STD W/ MONETARY SYMBOL- USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/$1.00 2/$2.00 3/$3.00 4/$4.00 7/$5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/$0.50 2/$1.00 4/$1.50 6/$2.00

MIN W/ MONETARY SYMBOL- USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/$1.00 .. 7/$5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/$0.50 .. 4/$1.50 6/$2.00

- Updated Custom Pricing Editor to display using Pricing Format. Use <BACK and NEXT>
to select the pricing and EDIT to change the Pricing Format. The
Pricing Format adjustment will also be updated upon EXIT.

- Updated Tech Alert switch numbering to be consistent with the game manuals.
- Updated Custom Pricing Editor - Uses button navigation to select and edit
fields. Use <BACK and NEXT> to select the "CREDIT" or "AT:" field and
EDIT to change their value. RESET has the options of setting the
custom price to the FACTORY default or CURRENT pricing as a starting
point for creating the custom price. RESET can also CLEAR the custom price
to create one from scratch. Use EXIT to save and install the custom
price. Added support to specify money format descriptions for: country
monetary symbol ("$", "EUR", etc), "TOKEN", "COIN", and "SWIPE".
- Updated Custom Coin Door Editor - RESET has the options of setting the
custom coin door to the FACTORY default or CURRENT settings as a starting
point for creating the custom coin door. RESET can also CLEAR the custom
coin door to create one from scratch. Added error message when attempting
to EXIT when the custom coin door is not valid (UNITS PER PULSE is zero or
all coin switches have zero PULSES set).
- Updated Pricing Table:
Updated Euro Coin Door from:
to:
"10 units per pulse, Left 5, Center 10, Right 5, 4th 0, 5th 0, 6th 0"
Updated Australia 5 from "1/$2.00, 2/$5.00, 5/$10.00 AU" to "1/$2.00 AU, 2/$3.00 AU"
Removed Australia 7 "1/$2.00, 3/$4.00, 4/$5.00 AU"
Removed Italy 1 "1/EUR 0.50"
Removed Italy 2 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00"
Added New Zealand 3 "1/$2 NZ, 2/$3 NZ"
Updated Switzerland 2 from "1/1 SwF, 3/2 SwF, 5/3 SwF, 7/4 SwF, 9/5 SwF" to "1/2 SwF, 2/4 SwF, 3/5 SwF"
Removed Switzerland 3 "1/2 SwF, 3/5 SwF"
Updated UK 1 from "3/1.00 GBP, 7/2.00 GBP" to "1/2.00 GBP"
Updated UK 2 from "4/1.00 GBP" to "1/1.00 GBP"
Removed UK 6 "3/2.00 GBP"
Removed Portugal "1/EUR 0.50"
Removed Germany 1 "1/EUR 0.50"
Removed Germany 2 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 5/EUR 2.00"
Removed Germany 3 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 6/EUR 2.00"
Removed Euro 4 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 6/EUR 2.00"
Removed Euro 5 "1/EUR 0.50, 3/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 1.50, 7/EUR 2.00"
Removed Euro 6 "2/EUR 0.50"
Renamed Euro 7 to Euro 4 "1/EUR 1.00, 2/EUR 2.00, 3/EUR 3.00, 5/EUR 4.00"
Renamed Euro 8 to Euro 5 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00"
Renamed Euro 9 to Euro 6 "1/EUR 1.00, 2/EUR 1.50, 3/EUR 2.00"
Renamed Euro 10 to Euro 7 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00, 7/EUR 3.00"
Renamed Euro 11 to Euro 8 "1/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 2.00"
Renamed Euro 12 to Euro 9 "2/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 2.00, 6/EUR 3.00, 9/EUR 4.00"
Removed USA 4 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 1, Right 1, 4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
Removed USA 6 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 6, Right 1, 4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
NOTE: USA 3 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 4, Right 1, 4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0" remains unchanged
Updated Austria default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Belgium default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Finland default pricing to Euro 5
Updated France default pricing to Euro 7
Updated Germany default pricing to Euro 2 and Euro Coin Door
Updated Greece default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Italy default pricing to Euro 5 and Euro Coin Door
Updated Netherlands default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Portugal default pricing to Euro 1 and Euro Coin Door
Updated Spain default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Switzerland default pricing to Switzerland 1
- Added UTIL->SAVE and UTIL->LOAD which save and restore all game settings to/from a USB thumb drive.
When restoring the settings to the SAME MACHINE, you can choose to restore:
"RESTORE ALL SETTINGS"
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY HIGH SCORES"
"RESTORE ONLY AUDITS"
When using the saved settings with another machine of the SAME TITLE and MODEL (for example
settings file created on a Guardians Pro and restoring to a different Guardians Pro)
you can choose to restore:
When using the saved settings with another machine of a DIFFERENT TITLE or MODEL (for example
settings file created on a Guardians Pro and restoring to a Aerosmith Pro)
you can only choose to restore: "RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS".
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the Standard Adjustments listed below and
all Feature Adjustments.
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the following Standard Adjustments:
Custom Message
Custom Pricing
Custom Coin Door
"REPLAY TYPE"
"REPLAY PERCENTAGE"
"REPLAY AWARD"
"REPLAY LEVELS"
"REPLAY BOOST"
"SPECIAL LIMIT"
"SPECIAL AWARD"
"SPECIAL PERCENTAGE"
"FREE GAME LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL PERCENTAGE"
"GAME PRICING"
"MATCH AWARD"
"MATCH PERCENTAGE"
"BALLS PER GAME"
"TILT WARNINGS"
"TILT DEBOUNCE"
"CREDIT LIMIT"
"FREE PLAY"
"KNOCKER VOLUME"
"START GAME ON CREDIT"
"GAME RESTART"
"TIMED PLUNGER"
"FLIPPER BALL LAUNCH"
"COINDOOR BALL SAVER"
"COMPETITION MODE"
"CONSOLATION BALL"
"PLAYER COMPETITION"
"TEAM SCORES"
"ALLOW HIGH SCORES"
"HIGH SCORE AWARD"
"GRAND CHAMPION AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #1 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #2 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #3 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #4 AWARDS"
"HSTD INITIALS"
"HSTD RESET COUNT"
"COIN INPUT DELAY"
"LOST BALL RECOVERY"
"COIN DOOR DISABLE TILT"
"TIME FORMAT"
"PRICING FORMAT"
"FAST BOOT"
"LANGUAGE"
"PLAYER LANGUAGE SELECT"
"PLAY ATTRACT TUTORIAL VIDEOS"
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"SERVICE MENU B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
- Games will now persist ALL SETTINGS after a software update. This functionality will be available
in the game release AFTER the release which uses system 2.24.
- Correct the delay between multiple Q24 knocker requests. Previously the
knocks would happen too rapidly and sound like a single loud knock. Now
there will be a 3/4 second delay between knocks. If the sound effect
knocker is also enabled, it will be synchronized with the Q24 knocker.
- Updated COIN DOOR EDITOR to display the selected settings and whether they
are the FACTORY default or CUSTOM configuration.
- Added Custom Coin Door Editor.
You can specify the UNITS PER PULSE for the base coin and the number of PULSES
generated by each coin switch (left, center, right, 4th, 5th, 6th). The
UNITS have a range of 1 to 10000 and PULSES have a range of 0 to 100. For
example the USA coin door has a UNIT of 25 and the left and right slots
generate 1 PULSE and the center slot (the DBV) generates four PULSES. The
coin mechanisms accept quarters and the DBV dollars. Therefore, the UNIT is
25 (for 25 cents) and the left and right generate 1 PULSE for a single quarter
and the center slot generates 4 PULSES for a dollar bill being four quarters.
If Standard Adjustment "Game Pricing" is changed to a selection with different
UNITS PER PULSE than the active CUSTOM coin door, the custom coin door will
be reset to the factory default for that Game Pricing selection.
- Added system adjustment for Spike 2 games when a headphone kit is installed:
"MUTE KNOCKER IF HP DETECTED" - will not play replay knocker sound when
headphones are in use. Default value is NO (not muted).
"DISABLE Q24 KNOCK IF HP DETECTED" - will not fire Q24 knocker coil when
headphones are in use. Default value is NO (not disabled).
- DIAG->NODE->BRD->Overcurrent Test now displays Drive/Coil and Light/LED
description instead of device address.
- Added new standard adjustment PLAY ATTRACT TUTORIAL VIDEOS
which is default to YES.

2 months later
#1135 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Has anybody upgraded the speakers on this game?
I am just starting to enjoy it and it might turn the corner for me if the sound quality improves a little.
I am not sure if the mix will allow for the sound to shine, so I am wondering if it worth the effort?
I am thinking going the diy route as in the thread for started by another pinsider where he emulates other off the shelve solutions at 1/3 of the cost.
Anyway, send me / us your feedback if you have done this mod to the game.
I am really curious.
Thanks!
Ps if this succeeds then I might keep the game and will send Cleland a donation as well! I am liking the music in this pin.
Cheers

I replaced to cabinet with the Boss CXX8 ($35) and the back box with 4-inch Kickers. ($60/pair)

2 weeks later
#1154 1 year ago
Quoted from wattrider:

Hi, mine is a recent one from this year. I don't remember the version i had when i received it. I immediatly upgrade the code to 1.11. I tried 3 different cards, same trouble.
I don't think formating your computer will help, i'll try to find another soft to create the cards, i'll let you know.

I suggest you download the official Stern 1.11 code and try to burn it to your card. Then boot from that card. If it works, then your burning process is fine. If it doesn’t, then start with a fresh card. (Note: when you burn any fresh card, the game image creates multiple partitions on the card. To start over from a card that has already been used, it’s best to remove those partitions using DISKPART on Windows.). Once you can successfully create a factory 1.11 card, then you can do the same sequence with cleland’s image.

2 weeks later
#1161 1 year ago
Quoted from wattrider:

Good idea, but impossible as there are multiple files, not an image, i don't how to burn it. I erase all the previous partition before burning.
By the way, i test the same process with a specific mod on my AIQ and it works, so i guess there is something different with my GOTG, maybe an update or something else (it's from september 2022)
thanks for advices anyway!

Stern only supplies a single file to update any SPIKE2 machine. It will have an extension of SPK if it is the version that is intended for USB updating, or RAW if it is intended to be written directly to an SDCARD. Most people will use the RAW file and write it directly to the SDCARD. Here is the detail on HOW TO DO that:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/How-to-Create-a-SD-Card-for-a-SPIKE-System-Pinball-Machine.pdf

1 week later
#1163 1 year ago
Quoted from boosted_jeep_uk:

Installed my cleland mod today on my GOTG Pro - what an awesome improvement !!
Went with the V2 version to get a good selection of tunes - only thing i cannot find in the menu's is the voice attenuation to get the balance right - currently voices are too loud vs music.
Can anyone direct me to the location of that setting ?
Thanks
Dean

Settings > Feature Adjustments > Music or Speech settings are towards the end of the list.
An example on Deadpool:

1 week later
#1173 1 year ago
Quoted from Lachicane:

Hi
I'm French and I bought a Guardian of the Galaxy for Christmas
The music is nice but much too repetitive, by searching a little on the internet, I arrived here and the idea of putting the code of Cleland attracts me a lot.
cleland i sent you a PM
My Stern is in production September 2022 and the code on the SD card is V1.11
I hope it will be possible
In addition I would like to meter the translations in my language (in French, I AM GROOT says Je s'appelle GROOT) with the pinball browser software

You will have to wait until PinballBrowser supports 1.11, or you can get Cleland’s version based on 1.09 I think and then edit his version to add French using pinballbrowser now.

1 month later
#1191 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm trying to take my Guardians Pro back to stock everything temporarily so I can add insider connect, and update to 1.11. Currently has no insider, has 1.07 code, and Cleland sound. Am I correct in thinking if I update to 1.11 via USB, my Cleland SD card will have to be swapped out? I don't have the original. Game came to me w Cleland already installed. Yes, I plan on going back to Cleland once 1.11 is available.

See the other thread. Basically, the USB update will just overrite the existing SDCARD. Job done.

3 weeks later
#1213 1 year ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

Awesome thanks guys! So older versions are working fine as well? I have a first run GotG running 1.02 Cleland and I just picked up a NIB from the last run because mine has 7k plays on it. Can I just pop in the old SD?

It depends on which node boards you have on the new machine. Blue or Green?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1215 1 year ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

Haven’t opened it but it’s from this last run.

I would not put the old card in just yet. Check it next time you have the playfield raised. There were at least two runs in 21&22 that used the newer blue cards, and we have heard they may have reverted to the original green. You don’t want to make this mistake!

1 month later
#1263 12 months ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

Got a spare SD card, going to load 1.12 on it to see what it's like, intention being I can flip back to my SD card that has cleland's 1.09 code on it. Or any concerns if I load 1.12 and flip back to 1.09?
Tim

You’ll be able to flip back and forth between any versions 1.08 and 1.12 on any vintage machine regardless of the node boards used inside it (earlier versions of gamecode can damage later manufactured units. Stay version 1.08 or later and you’ll be fine)

#1265 12 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Hi guys, just got a GOTG Pro. It has 1.12 on it. No Insider Connect. Would like to get one, but not in the cards right now.
To use Cleland's it looks like I need to downgrade to 1.09? Is this correct?

Get his latest code for PRO and you will be all set

#1267 12 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Oh, I didn't think their was code out that worked with 1.12 yet. Thank you.

cleland 's gamecode MOD version is NOT 1.12. A few months ago, he had created a 1.09 image that works fine. About a month ago, cleland said he thinks there is a codec issue in Pinball Browser that needs to be fixed before he can generate a clean 1.11. (PoMC and applejuice have their own versions of modified game code based on the newer stock 1.11, but they may not be using those codecs in their modifications or they haven't noticed some of the sound issues cleland reports)

Remember, the game code SDCARD REPLACES what you have entirely. Once you pop the SDCARD out, the game has no software installed. Each time the machine boots, it reads the ENTIRE software from the card installed. What this means is ANY of the mod gamecodes do NOT LAYER on top of your installed gamecode. The author builds an entire game code image that replaces Stern's completely.

#1274 11 months ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

So 1.10 is for the new node boards and 1.09 is no good for the new boards?
“Node board update in 1.10”

Golden rule: when in doubt, dont use a version of gamecode EARLIER than the version shipped with your machine. For GOTG, the modified 1.09 is the safest for ALL machines regardless of when they were manufacturered. Newer than shipped is always safe.

2 weeks later
#1286 11 months ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

Hey Mark, so is it your opinion that these last run games that shipped with 1.12 you should not attempt to run 1.09? Just trying to make sure I don’t fry a NIB game.

I am pretty sure 1.09 or later should work with any version of the node boards.

1 month later
#1297 10 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Anyone ever have an issue where the game wont load? Screen will be stuck on initializing?
It happened to me a bunch of times on Stranger Things but it eventually stopped. Today it started going it on GOTG. I have refreshed the usb, it works. Power off the game, restart it and it's stuck on "initializing". Requires a re-flash.
I'm using a good memory card Hi speed, class 10 etc. but think I may need to try a different brand or something.
Anyone?

How many times have you inserted the specific memory card into the CPU board? What brand is the memory card? While that should be able to handled lots, there are so many times the card doesn't seat perfectly and any flaky connection could generate that behavior.

#1300 10 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

User Win32Disk Imager instead of whatever app you are using to write the image. Or use Pinball Browser if you have it.

I assumed you had successfully been using the card written with an image and that over time it just started to fail. If this is a fresh card and you have never been able to boot the image, then the process you are using to write the card is flawed. Probably best for you to describe the steps you are using to write the card. On a PC, Win32DiskImager tends to be much more reliable than the description STERN posts in their instructions.

2 months later
#1338 7 months ago

Did I read that there is another batch of GOTG machines coming from Stern at the end of the year? If so, it might generate a new gamecode image with minor updates. Uggg...

#1346 7 months ago
Quoted from Falc0nWing:

holy moly! I didnt put the SD card into the right slot.... anway what is the micrSD slot for? now it works and awesome!!

As I undertand it, the "extra" MicroSD card on the bottom of the node board is used in the first step to HOLD the new gamecode image that is being downloaded over the internet, and then as the second step of the internet update process, that bottom MicroSD card image is used to flash the gamecode into the SDCARD at the TOP of the node board. (the MicroSD card is only installed once you are connecting to the Internet for updates). When you want to manually update the game code without the internet, you download the RAW image from Stern onto your PC, write it to an SDCARD, and the swap the SDCard at the top of the node board. (MicroSD card is not used during a manual top SDcard update).

1 week later
#1356 7 months ago
Quoted from Robert79:

PinPickle
Thx for your quick answer. I thought that for using Cleland's 1.09 Mod, the pin must have also the original 1.09. ( and must not have a higher Version like 1.12, because there is no downgrad possible).
So I leave the factory original 0.90 and put only a new SD-Card with Clelands Mod inside?

Yes, Cleland's 1.09 code *IS* the entire factory 1.09 game image, that has been modified. The SDCARD on the top of the nodeboard contains the entire operating system and is loaded every time the machine boots. It makes no difference what version of gamecode the machine was running during its last boot cycle. Just install Clelands 1.09 based image on an SDCARD in the top socket and enjoy the machine. (Alot has changed since your 0.90 game code, so you'll be in for a much more refined experience with 1.09).

Release notes showing new features included in V1.09 since your V0.90:

PRO V1.09 - December 15, 2021
=====================

- The game can have a connectivity kit installed and be connected to
STERN INSIDER CONNECTED.
- Once connected you can log in and start earning Achievements.
- To login in hold your QR code over the scanner. When you see you are
logged in just push start. By default, the game will automatically start
the game for everyone that is logged in with one button press.
- Before you press start, while the login screen is up, the current player
can use the flipper buttons to move which player position that will be.
- After the game, by default, players will have a few seconds to press
start and all stay logged in. The game will start all games with one
press of the start button.
- Added Achievements -
- There are 70 achievements you can earn if you are logged in.
- Achievements will pop up after you have received them as soon as they
can. Also, they are seen at the start of end of ball bonus if you
received any that ball.
- You can see all the achievements and how they are earned in instant
info or on the web site insider.sternpinball.com
- Your username will displace PLAYER # in the main score frame.
- If you are logged in your high score entry will default to your initials.
You will still be able to change them.

- Fixed a bug where the game didn't award a Super Skill Shot upon hitting the
Orb Target.
- Fixed a bug where the Game Over music didn't start at the end of game play.
- Now the balls are released immediately out of Groot's mouth at game over
when the match adjustment is set to OFF.
- Fixed a problem in Quills Quest 2 where the Quills Bounty/Treasure Connectivity
Awards were not being chalked correctly.
- Now the Groot Multiball Super Jackpot awards 6,250,000 points.
- Added credits/pricing to all attract mode display screens.
- Changed the size/position of player scores that are shown at the bottom of
the display during game play.
- Added a PowerUp/Boot screen Display Effect.

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.81.0
- Added Standard Adjustment "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS" to allow dimming of LCD display.
- Added adjustments for Login and Play Again display timers:
"INSIDER LOGIN TIMER" - Login screen timeout (Default 30 seconds)
"INSIDER PLAY AGAIN TIMER" - Play Again screen timeout (Default 20 seconds)
- GAME RESTART behavior:
Holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will follow
the "START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" adjustment.
If ("GAME RESTART" == "YES") and ("START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" == "ALL LOGGED IN")
holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will restart the game for as many
players as is necessary to accommodate the users that are logged in.
If there are not enough credits to restart the game for the necessary number
of players, the game will not be restarted.
- Address Insider Connected game registration corner cases.
- Upon entering the Service Menu for the first time after a software update, a screen
will display the game and system version numbers. This screen will be displayed
for a minimum of 1 second, and is dismissed by the enter button. This replaces
the dots display previous shown at power on after an update.
- LOGIN behavior:
* When a user logs in during a game in progress and the player up slot
is occupied, assign the user in the first open slot from lowest
player to the highest player.
* When a user joins a game in progress, award achievements that were
earned up to that point.
* When user authorization failure, remove the user from the session.
- Added audits for connectivity games and scanner use
"CONNECTIVITY USERS SCANNED" - display the number successful user QR code scans
"CONNECTIVITY USERS JOINED" - display the number of users that joined a connected game.
"1 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 1 logged-in users
"2 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 2 logged-in users
"3 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 3 logged-in users
"4 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 4 logged-in users
"ACHIEVEMENTS GIVEN" - display the number of achievements awarded
- Connectivity support for Spike 2 games.
- Adjustment: "START BUTTON BEHAVIOR"
"SINGLE CREDIT" - One start button press will start a one player game.
"ALL LOGGED IN" - One start button press will start games for enough players
to accommodate all logged-in users (Default).

PRO V1.08 - July 27, 2021
=====================

* NOTE: The current production of Guardians of the Galaxy (GOTG) uses core nodes
(address 8 and 9) with a new electronics component. These core nodes require
firmware version 0.51.0 or later. The GOTG software has been updated to V1.08
with this support. The previous version V1.07 (from 6/28/19) does NOT support
the new node board. If someone DOWNGRADES their new game from 1.08 to 1.07
these newer node boards will no longer work.

- Corrected the text for the "Sixth" coin slot.

- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.74.0
- Added Standard Audit "Total Power Ons" which will display the number of
time the machine has been power cycled (Spike2 only). This audit was added in
system 2.45 and is not included for display.
- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.
- Update HSTD RESET COUNT adjustment to increment/decrement by 100s when >= 100 and
by 10s when < 100.
- When starting a game ramp the backbox GI from "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".
- When ending a game ramp the backbox GI from "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".
- New Standard Adjustment "START BUTTON ATTRACT MODE ILLUM."
This adjustment, which is only available and active when the game is in FREE PLAY mode, controls
the behavior of the Start Button Light.
Values are:
"ALWAYS OFF" - Start Button Light is always off when in attract mode.
"BLINKING" - Start Button Light will blink when in attract mode. This is the DEFAULT and previous behavior.
"ALWAYS ON" - Start Button Light is always on when in attract mode.
- Update TARGET_GAME_TIME adjustment to ensure a minimal ballsaver even after
the target game time is met.
- Do not display LOCATING NODE BOARD at boot when coin door interlock switch
has disabled node board power.
- Improve backbox and cabinet audio synchronization.
- Update the HSTD reset counter when the Standard Adjustment is changed.
- Added TARGET_GAME_TIME adjustment, accessible when the BALL_SAVE_TIME
adjustment is enabled.
TARGET_GAME_TIME enables a multi-use ball saver, whose duration is
dynamically calculated for each ball to help ensure the player has
a guaranteed amount of play time per game.
TARGET_GAME_TIME has a range of 1m 30s to 3m 00s and defaults to
NO_TARGET_TIME (disabled).
When disabled a traditional single-use BALL_SAVE_TIME ball saver will be
used for each ball in play.
When enabled the first ball of play will have a multi-use ball saver of
BALL_SAVE_TIME sec. The second ball will have a multi-use ball saver
which is 25% of (TARGET_GAME_TIME - player_game_time).
The third and beyond will have a multi-use ball saver which is 50% of
(TARGET_GAME_TIME - player_game_time).
- Updated 10 band graphic EQ to have 15 slider settings (was 120) above/below the
neutral center line.
- Rename Util->Volume->Speaker Balance to Speaker Fade. This adjusts the volume
levels of the cabinet (front) and backbox (back) speakers. The term Balance
was misleading and implied adjusting the level of the left and right backbox speakers.
- Added UTIL->VOL Adjustment "SELECT AUDIO FILTER". Values are:
"NONE", "HIGH/LOW SHELF", and "10 BAND EQ". Default value is "HIGH/LOW SHELF".
"NONE": No filtering will be performed on the audio output. Useful when using
the Line Out as input for an external device.
"HIGH/LOW SHELF": A High/Low Shelf Filter is applied to the audio output.
The Bass Frequency can be set to: 125Hz, 250Hz, or Disabled.
The Treble Frequency can be set to: 4KHz, 8KHz, or Disabled.
The Gain can be set to -12dB .. +12dB
On Spike 2 the Shelf Frequency and Gain can be set independently for the BackBox and Cabinet speakers.
"10 BAND EQ": A full 10 Band EQ is applied to the audio output.
Sliders are used to adjust the Gain of a specific range of frequencies.
The Frequencies are: 31Hz, 62Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1KHz, 2KHz, 4KHz, 8KHz, 16KHz.
The Gain curve has a 60dB dynamic range across the -120 .. +120 Slider settings.
On Spike2 the Gain can be set independently for the BackBox and Cabinet speakers.
- Allow the knocker sound effect to play completely when a replay is
awarded during the last ball bonus and ensure the normal game
volume is restored.
- Added Standard Adjustment "MAX PLAYERS PER GAME". Values are 1 to 4,
with a default setting of 4. This can be used to limit the number
of players that can be added to a game.
- Using LEFT+START to end a game during bonus count could leave game graphics
on screen while in attract mode. This has been corrected.

PRO V1.07 - June 28, 2019
=====================

- Added attract mode tutorial videos for inserting coins, pressing
start button, using ball plunger, and flipper buttons.
- Optimized the amount of game data being saved to the SD card.

- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.49.0
- Added Service Menu selection UTIL->ENDGAME. This selection is only available
when there is an active game. When selected the operator will be prompted
to confirm that they wish to end the current game. Once confirmed and upon
exiting the Service Menu, the game will be in attract mode.
- Added Standard Adjustment "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME". Values are:
"NEVER", "FREE PLAY ONLY", and "ALWAYS". Default value is "NEVER".
During an active game, if the LEFT FLIPPER+START BUTTONs are held for
two seconds, the game will be ended.
- Added Standard Audit "TOTAL PLAYS ENDED", which will track the number of times
a game is ended via the Service Menu or FLIPPER+START BUTTONs.
- Added Standard Adjustment "CREDIT FORMAT". Values are:
"ACTUAL FRACTION" and "REDUCED FRACTION". Default value is "REDUCED FRACTION".
For a USA coin door when inserting three quarters:
"REDUCED FRACTION" would display "1/4", "1/2", "3/4"
"ACTUAL FRACTION" would display "1/4", "2/4", "3/4"
- Update Italian translation of "ENTER INITIALS" to "INSERISCI LE TUE INIZIALI"
- Coin door interlock switch support for Spike2.
- Updated instructions for RESTORE SETTINGS.
- Reordered items in UTIL->VOL, moved CABINET SPEAKER TYPE to be after
BACKBOX SPEAKER TYPE.
- Added UTIL->RESET->VOL which will reset all audio settings to their
default values.
- Append (MAX) to the credit message if the number of credits equals
the CREDIT LIMIT adjustment.
- Correct Euro Coin Door/Electronic Coin Mech configuration.
Standard Euro Coin Door now configured as:
Italian Euro Coin Door now configured as:
"10 units per pulse, Left 5, Center 1, Right 5, 4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
- Updated Custom Pricing Editor to display Pricing Format description in the
title area when it is being edited.
- Added Standard Adjustment #57 "PRICING FORMAT". Values are:
"STANDARD", "MINIMAL", "STD W/ MONETARY SYMBOL", and "MIN W/ MONETARY SYMBOL".
"MINIMAL" will replace consecutive identical coin/credit increments with "..".
"MONETARY SYMBOL" will add the leading or trail monetary symbol appropriate
for the currency is use. For CUSTOM PRICING this can be TOKEN, COIN, SWIPE,
or TAP.
- USA 13 (as opposed to the current active GAME PRICING) is used to demonstrate
the effects of the different options in the Service Menu as there is a
difference between STANDARD and MINIMAL formatting. (and there may not be in the current
active pricing).
STANDARD - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/1.00 2/2.00 3/3.00 4/4.00 7/5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/0.50 2/1.00 4/1.50 6/2.00

MINIMAL - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/1.00 .. 7/5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/0.50 .. 4/1.50 6/2.00

STD W/ MONETARY SYMBOL- USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/$1.00 2/$2.00 3/$3.00 4/$4.00 7/$5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/$0.50 2/$1.00 4/$1.50 6/$2.00

MIN W/ MONETARY SYMBOL- USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/$1.00 .. 7/$5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/$0.50 .. 4/$1.50 6/$2.00

- Updated Custom Pricing Editor to display using Pricing Format. Use <BACK and NEXT>
to select the pricing and EDIT to change the Pricing Format. The
Pricing Format adjustment will also be updated upon EXIT.

- Updated Tech Alert switch numbering to be consistent with the game manuals.
- Updated Custom Pricing Editor - Uses button navigation to select and edit
fields. Use <BACK and NEXT> to select the "CREDIT" or "AT:" field and
EDIT to change their value. RESET has the options of setting the
custom price to the FACTORY default or CURRENT pricing as a starting
point for creating the custom price. RESET can also CLEAR the custom price
to create one from scratch. Use EXIT to save and install the custom
price. Added support to specify money format descriptions for: country
monetary symbol ("$", "EUR", etc), "TOKEN", "COIN", and "SWIPE".
- Updated Custom Coin Door Editor - RESET has the options of setting the
custom coin door to the FACTORY default or CURRENT settings as a starting
point for creating the custom coin door. RESET can also CLEAR the custom
coin door to create one from scratch. Added error message when attempting
to EXIT when the custom coin door is not valid (UNITS PER PULSE is zero or
all coin switches have zero PULSES set).
- Updated Pricing Table:
Updated Euro Coin Door from:
to:
"10 units per pulse, Left 5, Center 10, Right 5, 4th 0, 5th 0, 6th 0"
Updated Australia 5 from "1/$2.00, 2/$5.00, 5/$10.00 AU" to "1/$2.00 AU, 2/$3.00 AU"
Removed Australia 7 "1/$2.00, 3/$4.00, 4/$5.00 AU"
Removed Italy 1 "1/EUR 0.50"
Removed Italy 2 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00"
Added New Zealand 3 "1/$2 NZ, 2/$3 NZ"
Updated Switzerland 2 from "1/1 SwF, 3/2 SwF, 5/3 SwF, 7/4 SwF, 9/5 SwF" to "1/2 SwF, 2/4 SwF, 3/5 SwF"
Removed Switzerland 3 "1/2 SwF, 3/5 SwF"
Updated UK 1 from "3/1.00 GBP, 7/2.00 GBP" to "1/2.00 GBP"
Updated UK 2 from "4/1.00 GBP" to "1/1.00 GBP"
Removed UK 6 "3/2.00 GBP"
Removed Portugal "1/EUR 0.50"
Removed Germany 1 "1/EUR 0.50"
Removed Germany 2 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 5/EUR 2.00"
Removed Germany 3 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 6/EUR 2.00"
Removed Euro 4 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 6/EUR 2.00"
Removed Euro 5 "1/EUR 0.50, 3/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 1.50, 7/EUR 2.00"
Removed Euro 6 "2/EUR 0.50"
Renamed Euro 7 to Euro 4 "1/EUR 1.00, 2/EUR 2.00, 3/EUR 3.00, 5/EUR 4.00"
Renamed Euro 8 to Euro 5 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00"
Renamed Euro 9 to Euro 6 "1/EUR 1.00, 2/EUR 1.50, 3/EUR 2.00"
Renamed Euro 10 to Euro 7 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00, 7/EUR 3.00"
Renamed Euro 11 to Euro 8 "1/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 2.00"
Renamed Euro 12 to Euro 9 "2/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 2.00, 6/EUR 3.00, 9/EUR 4.00"
Removed USA 4 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 1, Right 1, 4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
Removed USA 6 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 6, Right 1, 4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
NOTE: USA 3 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 4, Right 1, 4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0" remains unchanged
Updated Austria default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Belgium default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Finland default pricing to Euro 5
Updated France default pricing to Euro 7
Updated Germany default pricing to Euro 2 and Euro Coin Door
Updated Greece default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Italy default pricing to Euro 5 and Euro Coin Door
Updated Netherlands default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Portugal default pricing to Euro 1 and Euro Coin Door
Updated Spain default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Switzerland default pricing to Switzerland 1
- Added UTIL->SAVE and UTIL->LOAD which save and restore all game settings to/from a USB thumb drive.
When restoring the settings to the SAME MACHINE, you can choose to restore:
"RESTORE ALL SETTINGS"
"RESTORE ONLY HIGH SCORES"
"RESTORE ONLY AUDITS"
When using the saved settings with another machine of the SAME TITLE and MODEL (for example
settings file created on a Guardians Pro and restoring to a different Guardians Pro)
you can choose to restore:
When using the saved settings with another machine of a DIFFERENT TITLE or MODEL (for example
settings file created on a Guardians Pro and restoring to a Aerosmith Pro)
you can only choose to restore: "RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS".
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the Standard Adjustments listed below and
all Feature Adjustments.
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the following Standard Adjustments:
Custom Message
Custom Pricing
Custom Coin Door
"REPLAY TYPE"
"REPLAY PERCENTAGE"
"REPLAY AWARD"
"REPLAY LEVELS"
"REPLAY BOOST"
"SPECIAL LIMIT"
"SPECIAL AWARD"
"SPECIAL PERCENTAGE"
"FREE GAME LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL PERCENTAGE"
"GAME PRICING"
"MATCH AWARD"
"MATCH PERCENTAGE"
"BALLS PER GAME"
"TILT WARNINGS"
"TILT DEBOUNCE"
"CREDIT LIMIT"
"FREE PLAY"
"KNOCKER VOLUME"
"START GAME ON CREDIT"
"GAME RESTART"
"TIMED PLUNGER"
"FLIPPER BALL LAUNCH"
"COINDOOR BALL SAVER"
"COMPETITION MODE"
"CONSOLATION BALL"
"PLAYER COMPETITION"
"TEAM SCORES"
"ALLOW HIGH SCORES"
"HIGH SCORE AWARD"
"GRAND CHAMPION AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #1 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #2 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #3 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #4 AWARDS"
"HSTD INITIALS"
"HSTD RESET COUNT"
"COIN INPUT DELAY"
"LOST BALL RECOVERY"
"COIN DOOR DISABLE TILT"
"TIME FORMAT"
"PRICING FORMAT"
"FAST BOOT"
"LANGUAGE"
"PLAYER LANGUAGE SELECT"
"PLAY ATTRACT TUTORIAL VIDEOS"
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"SERVICE MENU B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
- Games will now persist ALL SETTINGS after a software update. This functionality will be available
in the game release AFTER the release which uses system 2.24.
- Correct the delay between multiple Q24 knocker requests. Previously the
knocks would happen too rapidly and sound like a single loud knock. Now
there will be a 3/4 second delay between knocks. If the sound effect
knocker is also enabled, it will be synchronized with the Q24 knocker.
- Updated COIN DOOR EDITOR to display the selected settings and whether they
are the FACTORY default or CUSTOM configuration.
- Added Custom Coin Door Editor.
You can specify the UNITS PER PULSE for the base coin and the number of PULSES
generated by each coin switch (left, center, right, 4th, 5th, 6th). The
UNITS have a range of 1 to 10000 and PULSES have a range of 0 to 100. For
example the USA coin door has a UNIT of 25 and the left and right slots
generate 1 PULSE and the center slot (the DBV) generates four PULSES. The
coin mechanisms accept quarters and the DBV dollars. Therefore, the UNIT is
25 (for 25 cents) and the left and right generate 1 PULSE for a single quarter
and the center slot generates 4 PULSES for a dollar bill being four quarters.
If Standard Adjustment "Game Pricing" is changed to a selection with different
UNITS PER PULSE than the active CUSTOM coin door, the custom coin door will
be reset to the factory default for that Game Pricing selection.
- Added system adjustment for Spike 2 games when a headphone kit is installed:
"MUTE KNOCKER IF HP DETECTED" - will not play replay knocker sound when
headphones are in use. Default value is NO (not muted).
"DISABLE Q24 KNOCK IF HP DETECTED" - will not fire Q24 knocker coil when
headphones are in use. Default value is NO (not disabled).
- DIAG->NODE->BRD->Overcurrent Test now displays Drive/Coil and Light/LED
description instead of device address.
- Added new standard adjustment PLAY ATTRACT TUTORIAL VIDEOS
which is default to YES.

PRO V1.06 - December 11, 2018
=====================

- Added the virtual locks adjustment to the "Install Competition" menu.
- Reduced Save Xandar scoring.
- Added a Virtual Locks adjustment to virtually lock balls in Groot.
Default = NO. Now tournament directors can add this adjustment change to
make their tournament games more deterministic.
- Modified logic that determines how quickly new balls are kicked into play
once a ball is locked in Groot's head.
- Added a Trough Eject Power adjustment.

- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.28.0
- Added LIFETIME count to Standard Audit #16 "Total Plays".
- Added JAPAN_3 Coinage 1/YEN 200.
- Added UTIL->VOL adjustments for minimum and maximum master volume level and
minimum and maximum headphones volume level. This will limit the selectable
volume range from the service menu Plus and Minus keys and the headphones
rotary dial.
- Added support for 6th coin switch.
- When entering UTIL->VOL, the first sub-menu adjustment is selected, previous
behavior would select the last displayed sub-menu adjustment.
- Added Standard Adjustment "START GAME ON CREDIT". Settings are:
"OFF" - Do not automatically start a game or add a player when inserted money registers a credit
"FIRST ONLY" - Automatically start a game when inserted money registers a credit
"ALL CREDITS" - Automatically start a game or add a player when inserted money registers a credit
Adding multiple credits simultaneously, via a bill acceptor, will only start
a one player game or add a single player.
Default setting is "OFF"
- Removed unused obsolete Standard Adjustments: "FLASH LAMP POWER", "COIL PULSE POWER",
"BILL VALIDATOR", "TEAM SCORES", and "CONSOLATION BALL".

PRO V1.04 - Sept. 6, 2018
=====================

- Added USA_13 Coinage 1/$1.00, 7/$5.00
- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.25.0
- Added adjustment to scale GI, Insert, and Flasher LED brightness, range
is 25% to 100%.
- Added adjustment to limit GI, Insert, and Flasher LED Max brightness, range
is 64 to 255.

PRO V1.03 - July 23, 2018
=====================
- Fixed Tournament Leaders attract mode display effect text, i.e. "Current Winners:" text is replaced with "Tournament Leaders:".
- Fixed Tournament Winners/Leaders attract mode display effect initials text that could sometimes
exceed the width of the display now that the player can enter up to 20 initials.
- Fixed a problem where the outline was missing on the "Tournament Ends In" attract mode display text.
- Changed the criteria when Mystery awards an add-a-ball. Under normal circumstances Mystery will try to award an add-a-ball
if a multiball is active. A problem occurs when Mystery and Immolation Initiative or Save Xandar Wizard Mode start are both
awarded at the same time. The game would prematurely award a Mystery add-a-ball and then start the "lit" Wizard Mode.
In this case the player wouldn't want an add-a-ball award yet since the multiball mode is just beginning with a 25 second ball saver.
Now, the Mystery add-a-ball criteria has been changed to make add-a-ball available later in the multiball.
- added Slam Tilt functionality to the game, i.e. for games that have a Slam Tilt switch installed.

- Enhanced center channel clarity.
- Added bass frequency filter selection options: 125Hz, 250Hz, and disabled.
- Added treble frequency filter selection options: 4kHz, 8kHz, and disabled.

PRO V1.02 - June 20, 2018
=====================

- Fixed a problem with Groot Multiball speech where Groot did not say, "I Am Groot", if the Groot Motor was disabled.
- Changed the default volume to approx. 75db
- Fixed a problem where Groot's mouth did not honor the "Disable Motor" adjustment and tried to move during synced speech when the motor was disabled.
- Fixed a problem when a ball was kicked out of Groot's mouth and exited the game via the right outlane while the right outlane "Save" feature was lit.
Under this circumstance, the system "Ball Save" takes precedence and tries to immediately serve another ball into play, if possible. Otherwise,
the game waits for the ball to travel to the trough at which time a new ball will be kicked back into play. The problem that occurred was that under
these circumstances the Ball Saver timed out between the time the ball exited the right outlane and entered the trough.
- Fixed an issue with the bonus rule where the player 4 bonuses weren't being initialized correctly.

- Added adjustments for backbox and cabinet speaker types to the service menu UTIL->VOL. Supported speaker types
are "STANDARD 8 OHM" and "HIGH PERFORMANCE 4 OHM". The amplifier power curve is appropriately adjusted for the selected speaker type.
- Added Maintenance Reboot support. The game will automatically reboot if it has been on for more than 48 hours and has been idle
for at least 15 minutes. A 15 second notification display will be presented and can be postponed by pressing both flipper buttons,
inserting a coin/bill, or starting a game.
- Updated AD_TILT_DEBOUNCE minimum value to 750ms to avoid overly conservative configurations.
- DIAG->NODE->COMM test would occasionally falsely report address collisions, this has been corrected.

PRO V1.01 - May 24, 2018
=====================
- Fixed bonus carry over issue during multiplayer games

PRO V1.00 - May 22, 2018
=====================

- Increased Immolation Initiative scoring.
- Increased potential Antiquities Shop 2 switch scores.
- Increased potential Yaka Arrow 2 pop bumper scores.
- fixed Yaka Arrow 2 pop bumper award animations.
- Added logic to allow the ticket dispenser to appear in coil test.
- Fixed a mission timer bug that, upon draining, reset the mission timer back to it's original starting value
and resumed the mission at the start of the next ball. This occurred when the ball drained with only fractional seconds
remaining in a mission. Now, when draining under this same scenario, the player is presented mission select at the start of the next ball.
- Fixed a bug where the skill shot was available after Cherry Bomb Multiball.
- Fixed a bug where a ball saver was available after Cherry Bomb Multiball.
- Added logic to Save Xandar shot light strings to represent how many more shots are needed to complete a shot and add-a-ball into play. The logic is:
3 to go = Lamp Blinking
2 to go = Lamp Solid
1 to go = Shot lamp string strobing ON,ON,ON,OFF,OFF,OFF
- Fixed a bug in Save Xandar that would not award a left orbit shot if a ball was simultaneously being auto launched from the shooter lane.
- fixed Save Xandar Super Jackpot Ready lightshow.
- fixed mystery award lightshows that occur during multiball events.
- Fixed a bug in Immolation Initiative where balls were not being added back into play after crossing a switch/score threshold.
- Increased the ball saver time during Immolation Initiative when balls are added back into play.
- fixed display text in Save Xandar
- added an add-a-ball and ball saver for completing each shot during Save Xandar, i.e. Save Xandar now has 9 add-a-balls.
- fixed a Save Xandar award lightshow.
- Now missions contribute to the end ball bonus. Completing a mission will add 50% of the total mission score to the Bonus.
Example: score 10M total points during Sanctuary. Upon draining the Ronan value in the bonus sequence is worth 5M.
This value holds over from ball to ball and can be raised by finishing Save Xandar and finishing the mission a 2nd time.
- Changed the shot based portion of bonus scoring.
- A 2nd Extra Ball can be collected for finishing "X" missions/MBs, default = 6.
- Added a 2nd Extra Ball adjustment that allows/disables an Extra Ball to be lit/collected at the right scoop.
- fixed a problem where, on occasion, the score frame, player scores, player up, and ball in play would not be displayed until a full screen display effect occurred.
- added Yondu lane sound effect, light effect.
- Optimized Groot Multiball Ready lightshow.
- Fixed Groot Multiball Super, Double Super Jackpot lightshows.
- Fixed Save Xandar Super Jackpot Lightshow.
- Added speech to Save Xandar Start.
- Synced Save Xandar start display/speech/shaker/lightshows.
- Fixed a bug where the background score display effect was not properly waiting to start.
- Removed a glitch that could occur with shooter groove mode display effects.
- optimized Groot Multiball start sequence dots/music.
- Increased Groot Multiball Super, Double Super Jackpot scores.
- Added logic to sync the Groot Multiball Background display sequence to the Groot Multiball start display effect the first time the player starts Groot Multiball. The game remembers subsequent music/display starting points when starting Groot Multiball anew.
- Fixed custom messages.
- Added variations of Groot saying "I Am Groot" to Groot Multiball Start. These are also synced to the movement of Groot's mouth.
- Groot's mouth is now synced to the speech during the Groot Multiball Start sequence.
- Added speech to Groot Multiball start.
- Choreographed Groot Multiball start lightshow(s).
- Added 2 blow off sequences to the Groot Multiball Display Effect. Now you can fast forward/blow off to the "I Am Groot" sequence of the display effect, and additionally, blow that off to get the balls to kick out quickly.
- Fixed a blow off display bug in Mystery that would sometimes kill the display effect instead of fast forwarding/blowing off to the actual award that was suppose to be displayed.
- added new Groot Lock kick out lightshows.
- improved Sanctuary 2 award lightshows.
- Added a bigger Sanctuary 2 award lightshow.
- Optimized how/when alternate Secondary mode display effects occur.
- Added shaker code to alternate Secondary modes.
- Increased Groot Super, Double Super Jackpot values.

- Extended TIMED PLUNGER adjustment range to DISABLED or 1 - 300 seconds
- Corrected minimum firing time for flipper coil when an EOS switch is inconsistent or poorly gapped

PRO V0.95 - April 26, 2018
=====================

- Fixed an issue where mystery would award Orb lit when it was already lit.
- optimized Trinket award display effects that are used during the Antiquities Shop mode.
- added new pop bumper display f/x to Yaka Arrow 2.
- fixed a bug where mode select was not showing the correct amount of time for a mode.
- now the top lane skill shot lamp will be aligned with a top lane Escape Kyln lamp
(if Escape Kyln is Active) making it easier to collect both awards at once.
- optimized mode display effect artwork load times.
- fixed a scoring bug in Antiquities Shop.
- The first session of Quill's Quest is a 2 ball multiball. If both balls drain before the mode
is completed the next ball will make mode select available instead of putting the game back into Quill's Quest.
- Modified score positions for alternate mode 2 award display effects that appear and co-exist with
primary mode/multiball award display effects.
- now the Sibling Rivalry 2 start display effect is aborted if the Sibling Rivalry 2 award is collected before
the Sibling Rivalry 2 start display effect has had an opportunity to run. This also holds true for
Yaka Arrow 2 and Quill's Quest 2 start display effects.
- increased Groot Multiball base jackpot scores.
- decreased Orb Multiball base HurryUp scores.
- fixed a bug where mode start display effects could cause the game, over time, to reset.
- fixed an animation bug with the Knowhere 2 artwork.
- added rules to Groot to compensate for a disabled Groot Motor, i.e. hit Groot to simulate a Groot ball lock event.
- Fixed an issue where the Yaka Arrow 2 pops were not showing the correct display effect while other modes were running.
- Fixed a bug on Yaka Arrow 2 pops where the first pop hit was not showing any display information.
- optimized Pod Chase 2 display effects.
- Added layered display effects for Yaka Arrow 2 and Sibling Rivalry 2.
- Fixed an issue where the pop bumpers rule wouldn't display any information on 1 pop hit.
- now mode select is available following the Cherry Bomb Multiball completion/ball draining sequence.
- fixed a bug where mode select was started prematurely upon shooting the right scoop to collect the last shot of a mode award.
- fixed Quill's Quest 2 display effect criteria of which award should be shown.
- added a Quill's Quest 2 award lightshow.
- fixed a bug where collecting the final Quill's Quest award at the right scoop would start/collect/finish Quill's Quest 2.
- added a Hadron Enforcer Limit adjustment, default= 3. This limits the number of Hadron Enforcer 'shots' you can have in reserve.
- added new artwork/sound fx to Quill's Quest 2.
- fixed a bug where, upon locking a ball in Groot's mouth, the new ball auto launched into play could start a super skill shot event.
- Added a layered display effect award to Quill's Quest 2.
- added flipper blowoff to Yaka Arrow 2 mode start display effect.
- added new artwork for Knowhere 2 display effect awards.
- added enhancements to the Sanctuary 2 award display effect.
- added sound f/x to Knowhere, Knowhere 2 & Pod Chase 2.
- Modified mode 2 award display effects and logic to co-exist with primary/secondary/multiball award display effects.
- Optimized Save Xandar to use less display processes.
- Modified mode 2 alternate awards to be positioned lower on the display.
- the Hadron Enforcer is no longer available to collect the final shot during Immolation Initiative.
- fixed a bug where the Hadron Enforcer was allowed to collect the Super Jackpot during Save Xandar.
- fixed a bug that could crash the game during Save Xandar.
- added sound fx/speech to Save Xandar.
- optimized Cherry Bomb Multiball display effect processes as they were contributing to balls being
held in the right scoop during Cherry Bomb Multiball.
- Yaka Arrow 2, Pod Chase 2, Escape Kyln 2, Knowhere 2 & Sanctuary 2 award display effects were being cut short/off
by the their associated total screen upon mode completion. This has been fixed.
- fixed a bug where the Hadron Enforcer was allowed to collect the first jackpot during Orb Multiball.
- added speech (last ball) and sound effects to outlanes.
- Added stacking to secondary mode award display effects.
- the Sibling Rivalry 2 background display effect was displaying the wrong score award total, this has been fixed.
- optimized the Sibling Rivalry 2 award display effect.
- Quill's Quest 2 was starting to count down too soon, this has been fixed.
- added logic for Quill's Quest Hurryup starting value's last digit to be zero.
- Added rules for Quill's Quest 2, a HurryUp centric rule. Shot the right scoop to collect a HurryUp award that
starts at 10% of your score.
- optimized Pod Chase 2 background lamp effect.
- added functionality to allow layered "mode 2" awards to finish displaying before showing their associated total screen.
- changed rules for Yaka Arrow 2, i.e. a super pop bumper centric rule. There are 50 Yaka Arrow Pop Awards.
Collect 1 at a time for each pop bumper hit, or, collect all of them at once by shooting the Yondu Lane/Target.
- Added rules for Sibling Rivalry 2, a Gamora right ramp centric rule. Shot the right ramp to collect all of the points
earned during Sibling Rivalry.
- now Secondary modes, i.e. Yaka Arrow 2, Sanctuary 2, etc.. persist until the end of the ball or until all of their
associated points have been collected. Starting a new mode at the right scoop no longer stops Secondary modes.
- fixed a bug where the Drax shot during upgraded Knowhere was not scoring correctly.
- fixed a bug where the Yondu shot during upgraded Yaka Arrow was not scoring correctly.
- added "flash lamp" style lamp effects to mode awards.
- added topper effects to mode awards.
- fixed a bug where the Broker shot during upgraded Antiquities Shop was not scoring correctly.
- added a new guardians target bank "letter collected" topper effect.
- added a topper lightshow for completing Guardian targets.
- added a topper switch hit effect.
- added topper light effects.
- added a main play background topper light effect (which illuminates the topper based upon the mode/multiball that is active).
- added topper effects that occur during playfield "flasher" events.
- Optimized how layered display effects are killed prior to being replaced with a new layered display effect.
- Increased the size of the current player's score to make it easier to read.
- Fixed an issue where queued up mode awards would cause award light shows to play improperly.
This also occasionally allowed stacked awards to show on top of one another.

- Improved LED refresh rate and blink consistency.
- Improved reporting of shorted General Illumination bulbs and sockets.

#1358 7 months ago
Quoted from Robert79:

Ok, I will do it as you recommended.
Downloaded the file from a link I found here.
But in the zip Container there is a guardians-1_11_POMC.raw file and not an *.IMG file?
Should I only copy the raw file to the new SD Card?

Search for any one of the posts that explain writing a RAW file to SDCARD using Win32imager. A quick search will show how to do that. Same for all pinball titles, just write the RAW image to SDCARD.

#1368 7 months ago
Quoted from Falc0nWing:

so the problem is that my download fails always around 4,5GB with network error... and I flashed the incomplete image (one time the download status was successful, but still the file was broken it seems). as I searched for solutions it seemed that it is a common problem with larger files using dropbox shared links, but didn't find real solutions (just clear cache, dfferent browser, etc). do you have any idea?
Thanks!

Try to recreate your steps using factory gamecode downloaded from stern directly. That is your baseline and if it works, eliminates some variables. Note: the file size of factory image will be identical to the AV mod file after you unzip it. On my windows pc running Chrome browser, I get the download from stern for 1.12 which is a 4.080Gb Zip file, which contains a 7.676Gb RAW image file. That burns fine using win32mager to a fresh 16Gb sandisk card type 10 card.

#1374 6 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Before I upgrade from 1.09 to 1.11 are there any release notes I can read? What improvements does 1.11 bring? Oh, and there were rumours of Creep being added - did that happen?
Thank you for all the hard work!

This is what has been done to the code since 1.09 was released. Most of it is coin-operated changes, but ther are a handful of timing fixes done, including some contact debounce work. They also added flipper strength updates in 1.10. A few notable changes to be sure, along with IC if you have that hardware, but you might not care about any of these....

LE/PRE V1.12.0 - April 17, 2023
=====================

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.5.0
- Conagent 1.0.9
- Update selectable upper bound for Grand Champion, and HSTD 1-4 Awards. GC may be set up
to 5, HSTD #1 to 4, HSTD #2 to 3, HSTD #3 to 2, and HSTD #4 to 1. The default value for these has
not changed, just the ability to select a higher value.
- Adjust timing to address phantom broken trough sw tech alerts.
- Added game version number to lower left of attract mode Insider Connected screens.
- Updated Service Menu landing screen to graphics.
- Added Connectivity Icon (Ethernet or WiFi Signal Bars) to attract mode
Insider Connected screens. The Icon will be displayed in the upper
right corner with the number of credits/free play.
- Blink selected icon in Service Menu Dot Matrix menus
- Updated "Target Game Time" to guarantee the entire time for a single ball game.

LE/PRE V1.11 - September 8, 2022
=====================

- Updated to System V3.22.0 and SPIKE OS V2.7.0
- Corrected potential game reset issue.
- When entering a WiFi password, the previous characters will be displayed as an asterisk.
The WiFi password will be displayed as all asterisk when entering the setup screens or
scanning the WiFi setup QR code.
- Added Service Menu Tech Alert when weak signal strength is detected. The signal strength
and SSID will be displayed. An average signal strength < 40 is considered weak. A weak
WiFi signal may contribute to a slower or inconsistent connection which may effect the abilty
to login or download software updates. Signal strength can be improved by the use of an
inexpensive WiFi extender. A wired Ethernet connection can also be used in cases where WiFi
signals are problematic.
- Added Standard Adjustment "ENABLE HOME TEAM IN COINPLAY", default value of NO.
Setting this to YES will allow Insider Home Team to be available for machines not
set to Free Play. Normally "USE INSIDER HOME TEAM" is only available in Free Play
mode. Many home players, who choose to use their game in Coin Play, have requested
the ability to enjoy Home Team! Setting this this adjustment to YES will default the Home
Team Guest Retention to Never. If you wish a different setting you will have update that
adjustment after enabling Home Team in CoinPlay. Home Team is not available for machines
registered to a Pro account operating in a commercial environment.
- Added Standard Adjustment "REMOVE FRACTIONAL CREDITS". Values are:
"NEVER" and "AFTER X MINUTES IDLE", where X is between 30 and 240.
The default value is "NEVER". If the game is idle (no coin or flipper
switch activity in attract mode) for X minutes, any fractional credits will
be removed. Whole credits will NOT be removed.
- Added Standard Audit "FRACTIONAL CREDITS REMOVED", which will track the number of
fractional credits that have been removed when the game was idle.
- Changed the default value for Insider Connected Software Update to "Install updates automatically".

LE/PRE V1.10 - July 29, 2022
=====================

Home Team
The Home Team features allows Insider Connected players to log in
and play without scanning their QR code.
When the game is registered to a home location and set to Free Play,
Home Team can be enabled via Standard Adjust #51 or from Guided Setup.
Up to 8 players can be added to the Home Team from the Stern Insider
Connected Setup menu.
The Home Team can be shared across all games registered at the game's
location by enabling the Home Team Standard Adjustment on each game.
Players need only be added once to the Home Team. Players can be
later removed from the Home Team, and guests can be temporarily
added to the Home Team.
Find out more about Home Team at http://insider.sternpinball.com.
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.00.0
- Correct the replay score boost when Standard Adjustment REPLAY TYPE is set to DYNAMIC.
All REPLAY LEVELS for all players are potentially immediately incremented instead of only replay level 1.
- Correct Standard Adjustment FREE PLAY LIMIT. Previously this adjustment would not be honored
in all circumstances. FREE PLAY LIMIT sets the maximum number of free games which a
player can win during a game. Once the FREE PLAY LIMIT is reached, a player will not receive
a free game from:
a REPLAY level (if REPLAY AWARD is set to CREDIT)
a SPECIAL (if SPECIAL AWARD is set to CREDIT)
Grand Champion/High Score (if HIGH SCORE AWARD is set to CREDIT
a match (if MATCH AWARD is set to CREDIT)
- The default setting for FREE PLAY LIMIT is 5 games (per player per game played).
NOTE setting the FREE PLAY LIMIT to a value less than the number of REPLAY LEVELS
will decrease the number of REPLAY levels available.
- Fixed redundant sound effects when scanning into Insider Connected in some
instances.
- Added Standard Audit "Total Power On Time". This is a lifetime audit of the
hours, minutes, seconds the machine has been powered on. This lifetime audit
will start accumulating with this update.
- Added the ability to unregister a machine via the Stern Insider Connected menu.
A machine must be unregistered from an Insider Connected account prior to being
added to a new account. Highlighting and selecting "Yes, unregister this game."
will unregister the game from your account.
- Stern Insider Connect Setup Screens:
IP, network name, and Wi-Fi signal strength displayed in top corners of display.
- Added Net->About->Events page
This page will display:
The current date and time
The date and time the game was recently powered on
The play count since powered on
The coin count since powered on
The paid credit count since powered on
The service credit count since powered on
The coin door open count since powered on
The tilt count since powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered off
The lifetime power on count
- Update the factory default value of "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "FREE PLAY ONLY".
- Update Install Competition: set "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "NEVER".
- Added new Standard Adjustment "COIN ACCEPTOR" whose value can be "MECHANICAL" or "ELECTRONIC", and
default value is "MECHANICAL". This adjustment is only available when the Country is set to Italy
and Free Play is set to No.
The coin door for Italy with a MECHANICAL acceptor is configured:
center coin switch: EUR 0.10
right coin switch: EUR 0.50
4th coin switch: EUR 0.10
The coin door for Italy with a Electronic acceptor is configured:
center coin switch: EUR 1.00
right coin switch: EUR 2.00
4th coin switch: EUR 0.20
- Guided Setup
Added "Coin Acceptor" setting, only available when Country is set to Italy and "Free Play" is No.
Hide "Game Pricing" when "Free Play" is set to Yes.
Add translation strings for some top level selections.
- Fixed game reboot issue at power on with coin door interlock switch in the open position.
- Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name and green check mark with
Verified Location if the machine is registered to a pro account.
- Added a "DJ Mixer" music player to the game play mode menu that appears in
the attract mode.
- To start, hold in both flipper buttons. When the GAME PLAY MODE MENU appears
use the flipper buttons to navigate the DJ MIXER player, use the
START BUTTON to enter your selection.
- Use buttons to control the player
- LEFT BUTTON will restart the current tune. It will go to the previous
song if pressed near the start of a song.
- RIGHT BUTTON will move to the next song.
- The LOCKDOWN BAR BUTTON will exit the DJ MIXER.
- The START BUTTON will exit the DJ MIXER.
- Both flipper buttons will Pause or un-pause the mode. After some time,
while paused, the DJ MIXER will automatically end.
- There are three new adjustments in the STANDARD ADJUSTMENTS for this:
- PLAYER DJ MIXER MODE - Default = YES
- NO - Do not include in the GAME PLAY MENU
- YES - Include in the GAME PLAY MENU
- DJ MIXER PLAYLIST MODE - Default = ORDERED PLAYBACK
- ORDERED PLAYBACK - play songs in order
- SHUFFLE PLAYBACK - play songs in a random order
- DJ MIXER PLAYLIST REPEAT - Default = YES
- NO - Return to the attract mode when the playlist ends.
- YES - Restart the playlist when it ends.
- The game must be in FREE PLAY to use the DJ MIXER
- Removed left flipper competition mode select (superseded by both flippers for game mode menu)
and replaced default game mode menu with a game specific menu.
- Added adjustments to change the strength of the flippers.
- Fixed a bug where the number of credits were not being updated/displayed immediately in the attract mode.
- Changed the debounce timing on coin switches.

#1377 6 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Markharris2000 Thank you. These updates are for the LE/PRE. I'm running the PRO. Do any of these changes apply to it?

yes, all these changes apply to Pro as well

1 month later
#1384 5 months ago
Quoted from El_Tizzle:

I bought an LE and it has 1.12, when I load the SD card with Cleland 1.11 it seems like the game just reboots over and over. Any ideas?

Are you sure you are loading PREMIUM code? How did you write the image file to the card?

#1386 5 months ago
Quoted from El_Tizzle:

I bought an LE and it has 1.12, when I load the SD card with Cleland 1.11 it seems like the game just reboots over and over. Any ideas?

Try downloading the BRAND NEW gamecode (TODAY) from Stern directly, burn the SDCARD with that factory image, and then try booting with that stock game code. That will eliminate any SDCARD production errors in writing the card as a possible source of problem.

2 weeks later
#1392 4 months ago
Quoted from foozle:

I have a GOTG pro with Cleland installed. I'd like to install insider connect and update to latest code - I don't need to retain or reinstall the cleland code. Is there anything I need to do for that? Or can I just install IC then do an update to the code (which I'm assuming will overwrite Cleland stuff?)? I just didn't know if I needed to physically do something with flash cards, etc.
Thanks

Its pretty straight forward. Install the lastest code from STERN's website by USB or SDCARD, install the Insider Connect hardware kit, provide the Wifi details and you are done with factory. It will the be running the latest version of factory stock. The installation video: https://sternpinball.com/support/how-to-set-up/

Next, if you want to 'update' to the MOD versions, you simply get the 8GB RAW/IMG file from one of the authors here on this thread, and then write a new SDCARD and pop it in.... Ideally you wait for the same V1.13 based code as a mod so you don't loose any 1.13 functionality (best of both worlds), but you could go backward to 1.11 mods if you really want to get the mod versions running now. (if you go backwards with an SDCARD update, you'll see the node boards updating their firmware as well during the first powerup).

2 months later
#1422 83 days ago

You never have to go through any version of Stern to get to your desired goal. So if you have received a machine with 1.06 factory, and you want 1.11 cleland, you can go to Cleland 1.11 directly. Or you could go directly to factory 1.13. Or Applejuice 1.09 or directly to ANY version by anyone above 1.06. It's never a two step journey.

The only note worth reminding folks on going between versions has to do with going BACKWARDS from the code that shipped with your machine. Without getting into all the details here, if your game shipped at 1.08, then you can install ANY version 1.08 or above. So in this case you can go directly to 1.09, 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, 1.13, 1.14 etc. To be absolutely safe, you never want to go back EARLIER than the factory shipped version gamecode or mod code. (The details have to do with the color or your node boards... long story)

1 month later
#1428 28 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I think there are multiple instances of 1.11 floating around that Cleland has created. I have a version with Mr. Blue Sky on it. You're best bet is to PM him. The latest version should really be given a new version number and release notes, but considering Cleland doesn't even have the game I'm just happy he's providing any support at all after so much time has passed.

I am pretty sure the V1 card I sent (which you should get today) has the original Blue Sky track on it. He also created a separate V2 which changed a number of the song tracks. In this 1.11 discussion, V2 isn't 'better' than V1, its just a different 'mix'. See if the V1 code has the Blue Sky track as you expected from your originbal 1.09

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,495 (Firm)
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Markharris2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod?tu=Markharris2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.