2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 How to step Posted by cleland (6 years ago)

Post #99 Song list Posted by deeplennon1 (6 years ago)

Post #102 V2 for 0.87 Posted by cleland (6 years ago)

Post #216 0.95 links Posted by cleland (5 years ago)

Post #258 V1.01 Pro Link Posted by cleland (5 years ago)

Post #387 Summary of all the steps in one handy post. Posted by midhandicapper (5 years ago)

Post #506 Version 1.06 Posted by cleland (5 years ago)

Post #772 Version 1.06 update Posted by cleland (3 years ago)

Post #785 SD Card instructions Posted by imagamejunky (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HarrieD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#647 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

LE PREMIUM 1.06 Full Images are now posted. A BIG THANKS to @cpr9999 for providing the stock image and troubleshooting with me!
LE/PREMIUM Cleland Version 1.06 (Features Music Change and Movie Lines)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ylj6nderwtztq2/GOTG_CLELAND_LE_1_06.img?dl=0
LE/PREMIUM Sinestro Version 1.06 (Features Stock Music and Only Movie Lines Replaced)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9pvvs45unmc1he/GOTG_SINESTRO_LE_1_06.img?dl=0

Thanks man, great work.

#648 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Big thanks applejuice, sinestro , and cpr9999 For all their help with disk imaging.
To make it easy, here are links to all current 1.06 versions for both PRO and LE/Premium.
PRO Cleland Version 1.06 (Features Music Change and Movie Lines)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsraz2lqjinfimk/GOTG%20CLELAND_PRO_1_06.img?raw=1
PRO Sinestro Version 1.06 (Features Stock Music and Only Movie Lines Replaced)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzt00yswin0qd4m/GOTG%20SINESTRO_PRO_1_06.img?raw=1
LE/PREMIUM Cleland Version 1.06 (Features Music Change and Movie Lines)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ylj6nderwtztq2/GOTG_CLELAND_LE_1_06.img?raw=1
LE/PREMIUM Sinestro Version 1.06 (Features Stock Music and Only Movie Lines Replaced)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9pvvs45unmc1he/GOTG_SINESTRO_LE_1_06.img?raw=1

Ow man, I love this siht. Thanks you guys! I will pick up my GOTG next month and get so super excited.

1 month later
#666 4 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

I tried to download on a 16gb card. Says the file is to big. Tried on 2 different computers. Any idea?

Yeah, you need an image writer to write the image to the card. I guess your card is FAT formatted so a file larger than 2GB is not accepted.

Use etcher to "burn" your sd card and you're good to go.

#667 4 years ago

Replaced my card yesterday after picking up my GOTG last weekend. I love this mod, callouts are more vibrant and the machine feels more alive. Replaced the stock cabinet speaker by a subwoofer combined with a high pass filter. I need to set the volume somewhat higher with this new setup but it adds a great value. The machine is alive!

Thanks mr. Cleland.

1 week later
#673 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

What am I doing wrong here?
I put the Cleland .img file on an SD card, tried an 8gb, 16gb, and 64gb card. NTFS formatted and then just put that file on there, I put it in the machine and boot up and get nothing. When I got back to the Stock SD card, it plays fine, I did update the flash to 1.06.
Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to keep those two original Stern files on there as well?

You're looking at it wrong. You must image your sd card from the image the wonderful mr Cleland provided. So take your SD-card, the image and Etcher. Open etcher, select your SD-card, select the image and flash the image to your sd-drive. As simple as that.

Afterwards you can see a small file (from the top of my head this is a .spk file) on a small partition. Then you know that you imaged it correctly.

https://www.balena.io/etcher/

#681 4 years ago

Got the Cleland mod as well but my orb switch doesn't have an issue. Maybe you should first get your original sw up to date (1.06) and then replace your SD card with the cleland one. (Also v1.06).

#687 4 years ago
Quoted from Bb_the_man:

Thanks all -- I"ll try a new SD card tonight. Wish I could attach a video showing the Orb issue I'm having, but it NEVER happens on 1.06 of Stern. They are both "1.06" but i suppose it's possible there are newer/older version. Will post what I learned.
Also curious. As a 100% newbie here, are there any youtube videos you'd suggest on learning how to maintain one of these things. I'm admittedly a bit afraid to tinker too much with a $6000 machine. But there are definitely some things I'd like to adjust. E.g. after initial launch, the ball almost always holds up on the top of the playfield for a few seconds. Also, tilt is VERY touchy. would love to learn how to adjust these things. hell, I'd pay for a course somewhere ....

Another thing, and I don't know if that has been covered yet. Do you have the right Cleland version? So, if you got a PRO machine, also use the PRO Cleland version.

#692 4 years ago
Quoted from Bb_the_man:

Thanks for the thought .. I did confirm I pulled the correct PRO version. So this is killing me it is so weird. I downloaded the Cleland mod to a different SD card last night. Now the target gives me credit for hitting it, but the drop target never comes up. BUT I'm not getting Orb Multiball credit. Only credit for hitting a marked target. This is an improvement -- I was getting really frustrated not advancing through levels properly. Also strange, the purple circle light under the orb is no longer lighting.
Last ditch effort - before bed last night I changed from "quick" to "full" to see if that makes a difference. Took so long I was too tired to play when it was done, so I'll try it tonight after work.

Maybe your downloaded image is corrupted and you need to download it again. Or maybe your sd card is bad.

5 months later
#727 4 years ago
Quoted from RDH009:

I've really made a mess of things trying to upload the sound mod; I have inadvertently re-formatted my SD flash card and tried to re-download the GOTG system files for 1.06 GOTG Pro. It seems I should have just uploaded the file in this thread to USB then ran the update that way. I'm such a newb. Is there a way to recover this file or re-image an SD card or am I forced to call Stern to obtain a new one?
I attempted to download the latest system file from stern and use etcher, however when I re-insert the card into my pin, the system boots up, but I cannot get past the high scores scrolling and start a new game.
Suggestions, Ideas on how to get things going again on a Sunday? cleland

Read this thread carefully. Somewhere is mentioned which image you need and how you need to get it on your card. (Tip: use etcher)

#728 4 years ago
Quoted from RDH009:

I've really made a mess of things trying to upload the sound mod; I have inadvertently re-formatted my SD flash card and tried to re-download the GOTG system files for 1.06 GOTG Pro. It seems I should have just uploaded the file in this thread to USB then ran the update that way. I'm such a newb. Is there a way to recover this file or re-image an SD card or am I forced to call Stern to obtain a new one?
I attempted to download the latest system file from stern and use etcher, however when I re-insert the card into my pin, the system boots up, but I cannot get past the high scores scrolling and start a new game.
Suggestions, Ideas on how to get things going again on a Sunday? cleland

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/8#post-4526517

#730 4 years ago
Quoted from RDH009:

Formatted using FAT32 the first time around; have reformatted using NTFS now and trying to re-image using etcher. *fingers crossed*

Not necessary to format the card. Etcher will overwrite the filesystem when applying the image.
Read the "guide" in this thread. A shortcut is provided in the topic index. Easypeasy.

1 year later
#964 2 years ago

V1.08 with insider connect is now available. Is there an update planned for GOTG from your end?

#969 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I will be updating GOTG over the Christmas Holiday. Stranger Things took precedence over Guardians due to only being 20 or so sound changes. GOTG has hundreds! Hope to give you all an update on Christmas Day!

I stated it before, your work is the best mod on GOTG ever. If no 1.08C version would be made then no insider connect for me for GOTG.
But now I don't have to worry about that.

Thanks for your great efforts mr. Cleland!

Have some great days you all, enjoy the company of your family and all the good stuff.

1 week later
#973 2 years ago

That's too bad. Thanks for your update mr. Cleland. I will monitor this thread.

#981 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It definitely sucks but they are probably doing it to protect their licensing agreements which is arguably necessary.

And to protect their intellectual property. I find it annoying but understandable tbh.

#989 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Were you already running original stern 108 or 109 ? If yes, I think the risk is close to zero. This as I Haven’t heard of any bricked stern till now because of pinball browser.
And yes, always use a new SD card and keep the original SD card intact.

Hi Rens,

When does a stern get bricked?

11 months later
#1155 1 year ago
Quoted from wattrider:Hi, mine is a recent one from this year. I don't remember the version i had when i received it. I immediatly upgrade the code to 1.11. I tried 3 different cards, same trouble.
I don't think formating your computer will help, i'll try to find another soft to create the cards, i'll let you know.

You don't need to format the card. Just use Balena Etcher to write the image to the card.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coventry, RI
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HarrieD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod?tu=HarrieD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.