2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 29.
#401 5 years ago

CLELAND,

Any thoughts on doing voice, music for Deadpool?

#402 5 years ago
1534730598146995581627382793541 (resized).jpg1534730598146995581627382793541 (resized).jpg
#403 5 years ago

Ok, so my machine was on 1.03 already ( pro ) I downloaded the cleland code and got it on the memory card and followed instructions but I'm stuck. Only game I can get it to play is put the original ad card back in.

Do I need to wait for a update?

#404 5 years ago

No, it took me 2 days of downloading but it finally worked, then i just updated to 1.03 from stern website like normal. I feel like it must be something in the download.

#405 5 years ago

Thanks guys im trying again! Oh im using a Sandisk 16 Gig SD

#406 5 years ago

Ya you are right, the download keeps stopping randomly. My file was never complete. I even moved it into my dropbox and it's doing the same thing, I wonder why. Damn.

#407 5 years ago

Got it working!! I switched browsers and it downloaded without interuption.

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Got it working!! I switched browsers and it downloaded without interuption.

Which browser did u use?

#409 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Which browser did u use?

Internet Explorer

#410 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Internet Explorer

#411 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

CLELAND,

Funny... I was checking this thread to find out the same thing. I'm in for an LE and starting to get cold feet with the PG (or is it G) rated audio that Stern has produced so far. Cleland saved TWD, so I'm going to go on faith that the future for Deadpool will be saved as well. Heck... I'll even start donating for games I don't own (like GOTG) just to keep Cleland in the game if that's what it comes to!!

#412 5 years ago

I have downloaded on two different PC and I go to transfer (stick and memory card) and it says the file is too large. My stick is 16g card 32g and they are blank.

#413 5 years ago

Hooked I followed the guide on the previous page.once I got the proper Img file ( 7.8gig ) it worked. What size is your image?

#414 5 years ago

Here are the step-by-step instructions I used

I too never attempted this as it seemed way too confusing from the old way of doing it. I tired surfing through this thread but couldn't find any clear instructions. thanks for the tips... I'm gonna try it this weekend.

#415 5 years ago

Any tips on downloading/opening the file. I have tried 4 times now. Three downloads completed but all had the following error message. Tried twice with Google Chrome and twice the Explorer.
Also tried Winzip and Winrar to open the zipped file from the download section. File showing as 7.51GB.
Or do I not need to unzip it before flashing to the card?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#416 5 years ago

It took me around 9 or 10 times but finally worked with chrome.

#417 5 years ago

My GOTG Pro left the game room today with the latest Cleland code for the next Pinsider to enjoy. Thanks for making this game better!

#418 5 years ago

Got a question, Loving the sou d mod but I just got to Cherry Bomb multiball and the song was very faint or non existent. It starts outloud but is it because there are so many ramos/shots being made it's hard to hear or gets drowned out? I've never made it that far in the actually code.

#419 5 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

My GOTG Pro left the game room today with the latest Cleland code for the next Pinsider to enjoy. Thanks for making this game better!

Glad you enjoyed your time with it. Seems just like yesterday you called me from a show asking about it

Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Got a question, Loving the sou d mod but I just got to Cherry Bomb multiball and the song was very faint or non existent. It starts outloud but is it because there are so many ramos/shots being made it's hard to hear or gets drowned out? I've never made it that far in the actually code.

It must be just so many requests at once. I didn’t alter the song for Cherry Bomb multiball, still stock.

Quoted from cpr9999:

CLELAND,

Yes, I am planning on doing Deadpool. Just played a Pro on location and couldn’t hear that well, but I plan on pulling from the video game to start. Might get into some of the music with replacements from the movies too, once I evaluate it some more.

#420 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Yes, I am planning on doing Deadpool. Just played a Pro on location and couldn’t hear that well, but I plan on pulling from the video game to start. Might get into some of the music with replacements from the movies too, once I evaluate it some more

This is AMAZING news! The video game is so rich with material. Thanks again for all you do.

#421 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Glad you enjoyed your time with it. Seems just like yesterday you called me from a show asking about it

It must be just so many requests at once. I didn’t alter the song for Cherry Bomb multiball, still stock.

Yes, I am planning on doing Deadpool. Just played a Pro on location and couldn’t hear that well, but I plan on pulling from the video game to start. Might get into some of the music with replacements from the movies too, once I evaluate it some more.

Thanks!!! Great info and appreciate all the hard work and time.

#422 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Yep that was Texas Pinball Festival in March.

I moved it out to make room for a Deadpool Pro!

#423 5 years ago
Quoted from todler:

Any tips on downloading/opening the file. I have tried 4 times now. Three downloads completed but all had the following error message. Tried twice with Google Chrome and twice the Explorer.
Also tried Winzip and Winrar to open the zipped file from the download section. File showing as 7.51GB.
Or do I not need to unzip it before flashing to the card?
[quoted image]

Can anyone suggest any tips for downloading the file. I have tried about 8 times now and shows the same error when I try and open it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#424 5 years ago

GOTG is my first pinball machine. I bought it a couple weeks ago and love it (after fixing the orb drop target).

Looking to buy an SD card to try out this awesome sounding MOD that cleland put together. Excited to put some fresh sounds into my game. Need to remember to setup the Speech Attenuation to -20 to make the callouts more audible.

#425 5 years ago
Quoted from todler:

Can anyone suggest any tips for downloading the file. I have tried about 8 times now and shows the same error when I try and open it.[quoted image]

Which file are you trying to download and open? The problem may be that you are trying to unzip it instead of "burning" it to the SD card via a program like etcher which I've used successfully on the full image files that have been posted. If it's a .iso file I'm pretty sure you need to burn it without unzipping first.

#426 5 years ago

Anyone know if the latest code stern posted today 1.04 will update like 1.03 did and keep the sound changes intact?

#427 5 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Anyone know if the latest code stern posted today 1.04 will update like 1.03 did and keep the sound changes intact?

It should if you do it with a usb stick and not flash the sd card. The changes in this update have nothing to do with rules or call outs.

#428 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It should if you do it with a usb stick and not flash the sd card. The changes in this update have nothing to do with rules or call outs.

Bingo, should be able to just run the USB update over your modified sound SD card. I'll check tomorrow, but it should be fine with the minor tweaks to code.

#429 5 years ago

It worked fine. No issues with the original sounds coming back.

Just make sure you do the quick update (which is the default).

#430 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Which file are you trying to download and open? The problem may be that you are trying to unzip it instead of "burning" it to the SD card via a program like etcher which I've used successfully on the full image files that have been posted. If it's a .iso file I'm pretty sure you need to burn it without unzipping first.

Thanks, I was trying to open the zip file before copying. Will try it over the weekend.

1 week later
#431 5 years ago

Ok, so just did this on my GOTG Pro. Wow the real voice sound awesome on this. It really uplifts the game. Thx

#432 5 years ago
Quoted from todler:

Thanks, I was trying to open the zip file before copying. Will try it over the weekend.

Loaded this last weekend and had some friends around, and WOW what a difference. The music definitely enhances the game. Thanks Cleland.
Just need to do the latest update.

#433 5 years ago

I'll have to try this version this week.

Though all I really would like is to keep the original and replace Uka chaka and Mountain High Enough songs with Come and Get your Love and Mr Blue Sky.

#434 5 years ago

How do I get this code? Do I need it sent to me or is there a place to download it? Any help appreciated. Thanks

#435 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

How do I get this code? Do I need it sent to me or is there a place to download it? Any help appreciated. Thanks

Ditto... lil help?

#436 5 years ago

The links are in this thread, just look for posts by cleland.

#437 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Go to post 387 - I outline the step by step instructions that I used. Good luck!

#438 5 years ago

Thanks. I’ll work on it this weekend.... any tips? Or just follow instructions and cross fingers?

#439 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Thanks. I’ll work on it this weekend.... any tips? Or just follow instructions and cross fingers?

It actually was extremely easy - you'll be enjoying the new sounds in no time.

3 weeks later
#440 5 years ago

never mind. I found my error.
Thank for this awesome update! Great stuff.

#441 5 years ago

Just a small observation from updating my pro to 1.04 that may be worth adding to the update notes

Select update type QUICK, VERIFY OFF otherwise it overwrites the sounds again and complains that the images don’t match

#442 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Just a small observation from updating my pro to 1.04 that may be worth adding to the update notes
Select update type QUICK, VERIFY OFF otherwise it overwrites the sounds again and complains that the images don’t match

Yes good to note, and those should be the default settings when updating via USB....I think.

#443 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Does this update reset high scores? Finally managed to knock my son of the GC score and want him to see it when he comes back from Uni in a couple of weeks!

#444 5 years ago

Yes, High Scores will reset even with the quick update. I could send you your own custom code with your high score set to whatever you'd like

#445 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Yes, High Scores will reset even with the quick update. I could send you your own custom code with your high score set to whatever you'd like

I tried editing the IMG file from the SD card with pinball browser (v6.42) to set the previous scores, but when I loaded it into the machine it didn't show the scores I had set. I'm having a dig around in the partitions from the IMG file - I've found what looks like the scores so hopefully I'll manage to hex edit them in.

Out of interest, how do you change the scores on an IMG?

1 week later
#446 5 years ago

Is there a longer video than 52 seconds out there that demonstrates the cool sound treatment Cleland put in? On the fence on getting on GoTG

#447 5 years ago

So I'm still a bit confused here (sorry if I missed it in a prev post).... Currently running 1.04 from the factory... All I need to do is
1: Write image to a new SD card, insert into CPU board and I'm good to go?
Or
2: Write image to a new SD card, place in machine, Do a USB update with 1.04 (quick update with verify off) to get the latest code changes?

#449 5 years ago

Enjoy!

Quoted from ScottyC:

So I'm still a bit confused here (sorry if I missed it in a prev post).... Currently running 1.04 from the factory... All I need to do is
1: Write image to a new SD card, insert into CPU board and I'm good to go?
Or
2: Write image to a new SD card, place in machine, Do a USB update with 1.04 (quick update with verify off) to get the latest code changes?

1 week later
#450 5 years ago

Hey there. Is a SD card the only way to load the sound package? My friend said he used a USB stick but cant remember how or what he did to load it in his pin.

Is there a way?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.