2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 29.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

How else would he get them? I doubt he's bringing a recorder in the movie theater!

It’s 2018 not 1918, sound can be ripped from trailers and scenes released in exclusive clips (full scenes) shown ahead of movie releases these days

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It’s 2018 not 1918, sound can be ripped from trailers and scenes released in exclusive clips (full scenes) shown ahead of movie releases these days

#1 You'd have to have the line you're looking for in the trailer.

#2 The quality would be subpar compared to grabbing the center channel from a 5.1 mix.

#353 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

#1 You'd have to have the line you're looking for in the trailer.
#2 The quality would be subpar compared to grabbing the center channel from a 5.1 mix.

#3 this is already pretty clear to begin with

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

How else would he get them? I doubt he's bringing a recorder in the movie theater!

Youtube trailer

#355 5 years ago

I love you guys and your passion "Boom" had been noted and added to the list for sound updates.
But yes for Avengers Infinity Wars, I really need to wait for the DVD release to pull dialog from the center channel.

#356 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

#3 this is already pretty clear to begin with

Blah. Not up to quality standards.

#357 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Youtube trailer

Already discussed above. Not the same quality level.

#358 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Made me wonder if sneaking recording rigs into concerts for bootleg recordings is still a thing. I'm guessing not with all the metal detectors in place now but who else remembers seeing some guys, usually in pairs at least so they could watch for security, holding mics up as discretely as possible with a tape deck strapped to their waist at concerts?

#359 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Blah. Not up to quality standards.

Haha I was only having a little fun Sinestro, currently sat in intensive care with my partner and her son so anything for a little release at the moment is good for the mind.

#360 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I love you guys and your passion "Boom" had been noted and added to the list for sound updates.
But yes for Avengers Infinity Wars, I really need to wait for the DVD release to pull dialog from the center channel.

We equally love your commitment and work on the sound, just please don’t sell your GOTG till after the dvd release of Infinity War

#361 5 years ago

This sounds like a fantastic idea, have sent you a pm Cleland.
Cheers
Trevor

#362 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Haha I was only having a little fun Sinestro, currently sat in intensive care with my partner and her son so anything for a little release at the moment is good for the mind.

No worries. I'm full of piss and vinegar sometimes.

#363 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

How's the 1.02 update coming? I just got the game last week and am really looking forward to hearing your alternate audio files. Unf I did update to 1.02 before finding this post. Thanks for all the hard work!

#364 5 years ago

OK, posts are live for the Pro Versions of both mine with movie quotes and music replaced. And also what I call the Sinestro version which has original music and call outs replaced.

I must say, I wasted a lot of time going through Vol2 of the movie and pulled 200 call outs that were awesome, but they just don't fit as the modes are so specific to Vol 1. I managed to make about 20 or so fit and make sense. I need someone to send me a stock LE .img file to run the macro for those models.

Here is the link for 1.02 Cleland Pro Version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k5g423vqkln2v11/GOTG%20CLELAND_PRO_1_02.img?dl=0

And here is the link for 1.02 Sinestro Pro Version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pg9awbnvjn1zkno/GOTG%20SINESTRO_PRO_1_02.img?dl=0

Remember to go into GOTG game settings and set "Speech Attenuation to about -23.

Enjoy!

Added over 6 years ago:

Cleland LE/Premium Version Here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cs6q8pfg162bbia/GOTG%20CLELAND_LE_1_02.img?dl=0

Sinestro LE/Premium Version Here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9b9e77rcu0o1myw/GOTG%20SINESTRO_LE_1_02.img?dl=0

#365 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

OK, posts are live for the Pro Versions of both mine with movie quotes and music replaced. And also what I call the Sinestro version which has original music and call outs replaced.
I must say, I wasted a lot of time going through Vol2 of the movie and pulled 200 call outs that were awesome, but they just don't fit as the modes are so specific to Vol 1. I managed to make about 20 or so fit and make sense. I need someone to send me a stock LE .img file to run the macro for those models.
Here is the link for 1.02 Cleland Pro Version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k5g423vqkln2v11/GOTG%20CLELAND_PRO_1_02.img?dl=0
And here is the link for 1.02 Sinestro Pro Version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pg9awbnvjn1zkno/GOTG%20SINESTRO_PRO_1_02.img?dl=0
Remember to go into GOTG game settings and set "Speech Attenuation to about -23.
Enjoy!

I will try and upload the LI file tomorrow if someone else doesn’t beat me to it..
Oh and awesome work mate.!!

#366 5 years ago

Your version makes this game great. Thank you very much!

#367 5 years ago

Deleted Post, all 1.02 updates posted. Thanks to all who contributed.

#368 5 years ago

I'm uploading an image, but it's going to take 10 hours.
I'll PM you a link when it's ready.

#369 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

I'm uploading an image, but it's going to take 10 hours.
I'll PM you a link when it's ready.

Thanks, but you can cancel that upload if you'd like. Saber posted and I am running the macros now. LE/Premium updates are live now in POST #364.
Big thanks to both MadPole and Saber for contributing.

On a side note, I need someone with an Iron Maiden Pro that can send me the .img file for that if you can. Please PM me.
Thanks

#370 5 years ago

Guys I'm in the fence about picking up the Pro because of the Stern code... its definitely picking up now with the custom code? I'm selling a machine and adding this pin would actually be approved by the family

#371 5 years ago

I think this mod only changes the audio of the game, not the actual coding or rules... Or am I wrong?
Either way, I bet if someone posted a video of the new Cleland mod, you'd REALLY like it! Anyone? Please? I'll clean your car, walk your dog. Anything!

#372 5 years ago

Cleland's mod is only audio changes. That's how the Pinball Browser works.

All of the excellent improvements in the game code have come right from Stern.

#373 5 years ago

I realize it changes the audio amongst other things. I have used pinball browser to change audio in games, with his audio package I'm sure it makes the game. Code in gameplay is drastically improved with the latest release.

#374 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I think this mod only changes the audio of the game, not the actual coding or rules... Or am I wrong?
Either way, I bet if someone posted a video of the new Cleland mod, you'd REALLY like it! Anyone? Please? I'll clean your car, walk your dog. Anything!

I'm on the fence for a GOTG Pro as well. I'd love to see a video of cleland's mod running to help push me over.

#375 5 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

I'm on the fence for a GOTG Pro as well. I'd love to see a video of cleland's mod running to help push me over.

It'd be kind of hard to show in a short youtube video, it's mainly just background music and the proper voice lines. I can tell you first hand it completely transforms the experience for me. So much so that I delay code updates until cleland works his magic.

#376 5 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

#377 5 years ago

Clelands audio code is amazing!

And I’ve been playing a lot of Guardians recently although I have to admit I suck at Ronan shot and that left ramp

But is the opening scene in the game?

#378 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not that I've seen yet, but I haven't gotten all that far into it yet.

#379 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

And I’ve been playing a lot of Guardians recently although I have to admit I suck at Ronan shot and that left ramp

Cleland has that Redbone song in there but I don't think the actual video is in there anywhere, unless it's in a Wizard Mode which I haven't gotten to either of them yet.

#381 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

V1.03 code released

Minor tweaks, nothing that affects sound. You can run the stock Stern Update via USB to your modified SD card and it will update, but leave the modified sounds alone.

#382 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Minor tweaks, nothing that affects sound. You can run the stock Stern Update via USB to your modified SD card and it will update, but leave the modified sounds alone.

That is awesome.

Anyone that is on the fence should definitely jump in.
The code on it's own is good but when you couple it with Cleland's work it just takes it next level.

#383 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Confirmed. Updating via USB will not wipe out sound changes.

Thanks Cleland!

#384 5 years ago

How do I restore everything to factory settings? Is the entire factory LE disc image available somewhere?
I should've kept a backup but I didn't.

#385 5 years ago

Played 2 GOTG today almost side by side one with and one without Clelands sound mod and it’s like night and day, playing then practically back to back really helps you to notice all the little details and clips Cleland added that work so well in the game.

#386 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

How do I restore everything to factory settings? Is the entire factory LE disc image available somewhere?
I should've kept a backup but I didn't.

Look back at post #364 That has links for the entire disc image you can write to an SD card using Etcher or similar flashing program.
I would flash it to a new SD card but you can overwrite your stock SD card. If you want a "Stock" Stern disc image PM me and I'll send you a link.

#387 5 years ago

Just got a GOTG Pro on Friday - my first pinball machine! I added Cleland's sound mod, and it's fantastic. Cleland, thank you sir! If you have a gofundme or anything where I can support your efforts, please let me know!

For complete newbies like myself, don't be afraid to do this - it's REALLY EASY! Here are the step-by-step instructions I used (gleaned by reading the posts in this thread) - the computer I use is a Macbook Pro:

1. Go to post #364 in this thread and download the appropriate file for your GOTG machine (Pro or LE/Premium) on to your computer.
2. Go to https://etcher.io/ and download Etcher on to your computer.
3. Pick up a blank SD flash card - I got this Sandisk 16 GB card from Amazon, per some of the other posters in this thread, and it worked like a charm (it was about $9). https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0143RTB1E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
4. Insert the flash card into your computer (on my Macbook Pro, the slot is on the right side)
5. Open the Etcher app to use it to move the Cleland file on to the SD card - just click on Select Image, then find the GOTG Cleland image (probably in your Downloads folder), then Click Select Drive, select the Sandisk card, and then click Flash. When it's all done, eject the new SD card from your computer.
6. Open the back box of your machine and lift out the back glass.
7. Turn off the power of your machine. Make sure all of the lights on the CPU (which is right in the middle) go off.
8. At the upper right of the CPU is where the stock flash card is housed (the top of the flash card should be peeking up over the top edge of the CPU). Push down gently on the stock flash card, and it should pop up. Remove the stock flash card and insert the new SD card until it clicks in (make sure that the metal contacts are pointing toward the back, and that the end that the contacts are on goes in first - the label of the SD card will face you and likely be upside down).
7. Power your machine back up - it takes a moment for the machine to complete the installation. Put the back glass back in, lock the back box, and you should be good to go!
8. Keep the stock flash card and update it when new code is released so you have a back-up.
9. Tell Cleland how awesome he is!

Added over 5 years ago:

ADDENDUM

Step 1 should now refer to post #506 for the latest version of code (1.06).

Added over 4 years ago:

ADDENDUM 2

Step 1 should now refer to post #772 for the latest version of code (updated soundtrack!)

#388 5 years ago

Thank you midhandicapper for the nice write up, and very helpful steps all in one place.
Don’t forget to go into GOTG game settings and set the last option “Speech Attenuation” to around -20 or so. The higher the negative value the louder the call outs will be over the music.

Happy to invest all the work to make this pin shine in the audio department

#389 5 years ago
Quoted from midhandicapper:

Just got a GOTG Pro on Friday - my first pinball machine! ...

Most Excellent first post!

#390 5 years ago

Hopefully i can figure this out one day, i couldn't have delt with TWD with factory code.

#391 5 years ago

Has anyone else got an error message downloading this? 1st time i tried it said partial download, 2nd time it just error couldn't download.

#392 5 years ago

Downloaded yesterday without error.

#393 5 years ago

I have tried over and over again to download this, it always says it was interrupted. I dont know what else to try.

#394 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have tried over and over again to download this, it always says it was interrupted. I dont know what else to try.

Try from somewhere that has a faster and more reliable internet connection.

#395 5 years ago

When i start the download it says size is 7.51 Gb, after it downloads and I'm flashing it on etcher it says its 4.29 Gb.
I think i have been officially beat.

#396 5 years ago

Sounds like your internet connection is either dropping in the middle or your provider is doing something to prevent long downloads. What kind of connection is it? Cable ? Wireless? Something else. I’ve seen ISPs reset long running connections before. Especially during congestion. What operating system and browser do you use. You might be able to resume the download from where it left off.

#397 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Has anyone else got an error message downloading this? 1st time i tried it said partial download, 2nd time it just error couldn't download.

I downloaded the sinestro version a few days ago with no problem. I have to say it is a huge improvement over the factory voices. Thank you Cleland for all your hard work.

#398 5 years ago

Installed Cleland’s mod last night...WOW what a difference. Slowed down our game because we just wanted to listen to the tunes between balls. Thank you so much for doing this!

#399 5 years ago

Ok my Gotg pro was on 1.03 then I put the ad card in and my machine is in a loop. Wont work. Do I need to downgrade to 1.o2? I'm stuck here.

15347296930856999666162993627829 (resized).jpg15347296930856999666162993627829 (resized).jpg
#400 5 years ago

Thats what mine was doing when only half of the image downloaded. I just had to keep trying til the whole thing downloaded.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

6,495 (Firm)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 16.00
$ 8.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/8?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.