2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 29.
#301 5 years ago
Quoted from Latinfantom:

I just have to chime in here to add to the list of GoTG owners that are thanking Cleland for his awesome work. Sir, you have completely transformed my experience with this game! Did the sound mod tonight and I could not stop smiling with every game I played. A WORLD of difference and so much more fun now. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Thanks to all you Pinsiders for appreciating the work it takes to make this happen, and the reward we all get with our games being better and true to The Guardians Of The Galaxy experience.

Quoted from Latinfantom:

Failed to report one hiccup I had tonight after doing the sound mod. During one of my games the screen suddenly went blank. I could here everything and still play my game but the screen was completely out. I freaked out and turned off the machine then restarted and it was fine again. Did I do something wrong?

Gotta be a bug or one time event. I only change the sound files and alter nothing else to the code. Do let me know if you run into another issue though.

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

I am trying to load this on a Mac on a 32GB Sandisk and for some reason it is only showing 8.4GB free. But I deleted what was on it. Any ideas?

I don't know if there is a version for Mac but the SD Card Formatter utility from SanDisk is a must-have for Windows users that need to do a lot with SD Cards. Windows 10 (or 7) doesn't always recognize them properly and removing partitions, etc. doesn't always work right.

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Yup, it does. As well as any changes you made to the game adjustments.

OK, anyone know of any work on decoding the files on a Spike SD card to extract the high scores? Would be nice to be able to port them across, but don't want to start decompiling the data on the card if someone's already looked at it...

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

OK, anyone know of any work on decoding the files on a Spike SD card to extract the high scores? Would be nice to be able to port them across, but don't want to start decompiling the data on the card if someone's already looked at it...

I seem to recall coming across it while scrolling around the file. Perhaps you could just search for the default high scores and replace it with your previous best?

I wouldn’t do it across a code update though, as scores on different code versions can be radically different. Just my opinion.

#305 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks to all you Pinsiders for appreciating the work it takes to make this happen, and the reward we all get with our games being better and true to The Guardians Of The Galaxy experience.

Gotta be a bug or one time event. I only change the sound files and alter nothing else to the code. Do let me know if you run into another issue though.

Unfortunately the screen going blank happened again yesterday. This time I kept playing to see if the screen would reappear and after a few minutes it did but then it happened again. This wasn't an issue before the sound mod. It appears to be intermittent but when it happens it really ruins your game.
Any ideas guys? Cleland any thoughts? Should I try a new SD card? Thx in advance.

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from Latinfantom:

Unfortunately the screen going blank happened again yesterday. This time I kept playing to see if the screen would reappear and after a few minutes it did but then it happened again. This wasn't an issue before the sound mod. It appears to be intermittent but when it happens it really ruins your game.
Any ideas guys? Cleland any thoughts? Should I try a new SD card? Thx in advance.

It it has happened a few times, I'd put the original SD back in and check it happens with that. Given all Cleland does is modify sound files, that's unlikely (not impossible) to be the cause, so you will almost certainly find that the same issue happens with the stock code on Stern SD card, which if it does means you can rule out these changes and your new SD card.

If it doesn't, then I'd try a different SD card with Cleland code loaded.

I'd also check for loose cables connecting the screen to anywhere else - can you tell if the backlight goes off (screen is dead) or if the backlight is on but it is showing a 'black' image.

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I seem to recall coming across it while scrolling around the file. Perhaps you could just search for the default high scores and replace it with your previous best?
I wouldn’t do it across a code update though, as scores on different code versions can be radically different. Just my opinion.

Just wanted my GC score to be on there when my son plays it for the first time really

I'll take a look and see what I can figure. Do the scores reset when you do an update via the normal process? I've only done one update to 1.01 when I got the game last week and hadn't played it before that.

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

It it has happened a few times, I'd put the original SD back in and check it happens with that. Given all Cleland does is modify sound files, that's unlikely (not impossible) to be the cause, so you will almost certainly find that the same issue happens with the stock code on Stern SD card, which if it does means you can rule out these changes and your new SD card.
If it doesn't, then I'd try a different SD card with Cleland code loaded.
I'd also check for loose cables connecting the screen to anywhere else - can you tell if the backlight goes off (screen is dead) or if the backlight is on but it is showing a 'black' image.

It shows a black image. Monitor is still definitely on. I can't understand how a sound mod could cause this issue either but the game only started doing this immediately after switching the SD card out. Strange. I will switch back to the original and report my findings later. Thank you

#309 5 years ago

Cleland made available to me a version that just replaces the dialog, while preserving the custom music from Stern. I have to say, this is even better than I imagined.

While I liked some of the extra songs added, others didn't feel right to me for Pinball. Also, the dialog of the movie keep breaking in over the singing, and that made it a bit hard on the ears.

Now, everything sounds great, with the actual clips coming in over the instrumental music.

I am very happy with this mix. Big thanks to Cleland for doing this. If anyone is interested in this particular sound mod, hit Cleland up.

#310 5 years ago
Quoted from Latinfantom:

It sure sounds like a loose monitor cable connection. As suggested play some games on the stock SD card and see if it still happens. If it does, start looking at cable connections. Or you could do that first.

#311 5 years ago

Great thought on the cables, if it also happens with the stock SD. With so many of us running cleland 1.01 without issues, I'd start thinking it's something else. If it doesn't happen with the stock SD, then maybe it's the actual SD card. Brand? Specs... 16g, I assume... class 4, class 10? speed? 40, 80? Could it have been something with your download? I personally have used Win32DiskImager software to make these SD cards without issue. I've made all the cleland updates and even made copies of my stock SD's for KISS, GB and SW. I now run those copies in the machines with no issues. Just looking to help.

#312 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Cleland made available to me a version that just replaces the dialog, while preserving the custom music from Stern. I have to say, this is even better than I imagined.
While I liked some of the extra songs added, others didn't feel right to me for Pinball. Also, the dialog of the movie keep breaking in over the singing, and that made it a bit hard on the ears.
Now, everything sounds great, with the actual clips coming in over the instrumental music.
I am very happy with this mix. Big thanks to Cleland for doing this. If anyone is interested in this particular sound mod, hit Cleland up.

I think I would also be interested in this.

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Count me in also.

#314 5 years ago

Ok, so I switched to the original SD card and lo and behold the monitor kept going out. Even more so I'd say. I will check for loose connections. However, to add to my problem, amidst the monitor issue I had a local tech install some pinstadium lights, Scoop and Groot mouth LEDs, etc and now sometimes when turning on the game it shows me this (see pic). Ay yi yi! Any ideas? I'll report back with updates soon. Thanks for chiming in everyone!
Greatly appreciated

20180606_185126 (resized).jpg20180606_185126 (resized).jpg
#315 5 years ago
Quoted from Latinfantom:

Ok, so I switched to the original SD card and lo and behold the monitor kept going out. Even more so I'd say. I will check for loose connections. However, to add to my problem, amidst the monitor issue I had a local tech install some pinstadium lights, Scoop and Groot mouth LEDs, etc and now sometimes when turning on the game it shows me this (see pic). Ay yi yi! Any ideas? I'll report back with updates soon. Thanks for chiming in everyone!
Greatly appreciated

Did he wire in the lights in the area that pinstadium says they are supposed to go. Same question for groot lights.

Also possibly a short or miss wire of the those new lights installed?

#316 5 years ago

Overcurrent suggests that the resistance is lower than expected - that could happen if lights have been wired in parallel with existing lights on the output of a board. LEDs present very little load, but wiring 2 or 3 in parallel may cause a significant drop. I would imagine that warning is a node board protection message so disconnect/remove the additions quickly. Too much current could easily cause things to release their magic smoke...

To be honest, if you already have LCD issues, then modifying the machine makes problem solving harder.

Get rid of all the mods, check all the cables and figure out the LCD issue. Then re-add the mods later when your factory standard game is working 100%

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from Latinfantom:

Greatly appreciated

Make sure the PinStadium kit is powered by an adapter plugged into the service outlet and not directly wired into the game. This is the way they are shipping now so I suspect they are but those can definitely draw a considerable amount of current when cranked up. I suspect though that the other LED add-ons are directly wired and that's what's causing your over-current issue.

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

More
Make sure the PinStadium kit is powered by an adapter plugged into the service outlet and not directly wired into the game. This is the way they are shipping now so I suspect they are but those can definitely draw a considerable amount of current when cranked up. I suspect though that the other LED add-ons are directly wired and that's what's causing your over-current issue.

Quoted from cyberkryten:

Overcurrent suggests that the resistance is lower than expected - that could happen if lights have been wired in parallel with existing lights on the output of a board. LEDs present very little load, but wiring 2 or 3 in parallel may cause a significant drop. I would imagine that warning is a node board protection message so disconnect/remove the additions quickly. Too much current could easily cause things to release their magic smoke...
To be honest, if you already have LCD issues, then modifying the machine makes problem solving harder.
Get rid of all the mods, check all the cables and figure out the LCD issue. Then re-add the mods later when your factory standard game is working 100%

You guys are all awesome. Did not intend to derail this thread so forgive me. I made sure monitor cables/cords were securely fastened and played the game for 15 min or so with no blackouts today so at least that was good. Sadly, I do at times still get the "overcurrent" message. If I turn the game off and on again it goes away but still, I must locate the source of the problem. Yes, pinstadium is plugged in with the provided adaptor to the service outlet but I unplugged it once the issues began. The other LED mods are alligator clipped here and there but I will definitely unhook them to see if there is a change and report back. Thx again guys!

#319 5 years ago

Finally got my premium down the steps (what an adventure!) and up and running with this sound mod. Just wanted to add on to the pile of Thank You messages! this is just great!

#320 5 years ago

Hey Dudes,

I´ve been trying to download the Pro 1.01 Imagefile for weeks now...unsuccessfully. Download always stops @3,99 GB-mark. Several pals here in Good Ol´Germany have the same issue...can anybody help out somehow? I´m missing the sound mod badly on my machine

Thx in Advance,

Lars

#321 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

More

Quoted from cpr9999:

Count me in also.

Why don't you guys PM me and I'll send you a link to the version with only the movie lines in, but with the stock music.
I need to know if you have a Pro or LE/Premium Sinestro had a pro so that's all ready to go. But, I can run the macro on the LE image if there's enough interest.

Edit: I have PM'd those guys and now have the "Sinestro" version available for those that want stock music and only the movie lines replaced. If you want this version PM me and which version of the game you have. Thanks Sinestro for this!

#322 5 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Hey Dudes,
I´ve been trying to download the Pro 1.01 Imagefile for weeks now...unsuccessfully. Download always stops @3,99 GB-mark. Several pals here in Good Ol´Germany have the same issue...can anybody help out somehow? I´m missing the sound mod badly on my machine
Thx in Advance,
Lars

Sorry to hear this. The .img files are huge at 8 Gigs, so it will take some time. Maybe you can find a local cafe or friend with a fast internet connection?
Also, it's important to make sure the computer doesn't go to sleep since it can take hours to complete the download.

Or, maybe someone overseas can post a successful download to a hosting service over there and share a link with @lamihh? You should specify if you have a Pro or LE/Premium.

#323 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

More
Sorry to hear this. The .img files are huge at 8 Gigs, so it will take some time. Maybe you can find a local cafe or friend with a fast internet connection?
Also, it's important to make sure the computer doesn't go to sleep since it can take hours to complete the download.
Or, maybe someone overseas can post a successful download to a hosting service over there and share a link with lamihh? You should specify if you have a Pro or LE/Premium.

THX, Cleland! I need the PRO Version. I have pretty fast internet (25 MBit) but it doesn’t work unfortunately. In our German pinball forum a lot guys have the same problem...maybe no „Kraut“-download permission

#324 5 years ago

That's not fair, I love Kraut How about anyone willing to host to a different file service other than Dropbox?

#325 5 years ago

The “Sinestro” version.

I like it!

#326 5 years ago

Can some post to or 3 pics (from different angles behind the Orb). I am trying to see how the flasher is mounted on both sides of it to the plastic.

Thx

#327 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

That's not fair, I love Kraut How about anyone willing to host to a different file service other than Dropbox?

I'd be willing to share via Google Drive if they have a gmail account. I don't know if it will be better or not but I'm willing to give it a shot. I have the pro "non-sinestro" version, if anyone wants that PM me your gmail. If you need the Pro / LE version I'd have to go download it first.

#328 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Can some post to or 3 pics (from different angles behind the Orb). I am trying to see how the flasher is mounted on both sides of it to the plastic.
Thx

Might be better off posting this in the owner's forum.

#329 5 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Hey Dudes,
Thx in Advance,
Lars

In good old Germany man guys downloaded it.
It excist an Download Link in Germany that is working

#330 5 years ago

Just wow...cleland, just want to thank you for doing this. Something that should have been done on by Stern, because this mod really makes the game IMHO. To me it makes it so much more enjoyable. I went from code .74, to your 1.01, and my thoughts of selling my LE vanished. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Quick question, is there any way to have the whole song play when the ball is in the trough at the bringing of play instead of a ~5 sec loop of the song?

#331 5 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

Just wow...cleland, just want to thank you for doing this. Something that should have been done on by Stern, because this mod really makes the game IMHO. To me it makes it so much more enjoyable. I went from code .74, to your 1.01, and my thoughts of selling my LE vanished. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Quick question, is there any way to have the whole song play when the ball is in the trough at the bringing of play instead of a ~5 sec loop of the song?

You can't change the length of sounds in a game using the Pinball Browser. You can only swipe out assets.

#332 5 years ago

I Double Dog Dare someone to upload a game play video!
Puuuuhlease!

#333 5 years ago

Just ordered a NIB GOTG and installing this software will be priority 1 when it gets here. Well, maybe priority 2 (behind getting it down the stairs and unboxed). So excited!! Thanks Cleland!

#334 5 years ago

This is installed in my premium an it is beyond amazing. I can't wait to see if it ever gets updated but for now I am satisfied like crazy. Thank you again Cleland

#335 5 years ago

just adding my name to people saying thanks. Installed this in my premium and love it...

#336 5 years ago

New version of code just released.

V1.02

#337 5 years ago

Oh boy, I'll have to take a look but it should be a simple macro run at this point.
Are there a lot of changes?

#338 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Oh boy, I'll have to take a look but it should be a simple macro run at this point.
Are there a lot of changes?

No, very few changes.

#339 5 years ago

Dumb question, just with machine off, take out original sd and insert this one, correct? Then reset all the settings? what settings should I change?

#340 5 years ago

I have a windows computer. Once you download the Image do you simply copy the Image to a SD card?

#341 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I have a windows computer. Once you download the Image do you simply copy the Image to a SD card?

I used win32 disk imager. It was really easy. You can’t just copy it.

Edit: I watched a quick YouTube video first on how to use it.

#342 5 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

Or Etcher. Better interface.

https://etcher.io/

#343 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Or Etcher. Better interface.
https://etcher.io/

Quoted from jathomp22:

Edit: I watched a quick YouTube video first on how to use it.

Thanks guys.

#344 5 years ago

Etcher is the easiest way to flash the .img file link I provide to a new SD card. No need to format, just run the program, point it to the .img file and when it's down replace with the stock SD card in your machine.
Always be sure to go into GOTG Game settings menu and change "Speech Attenuation" to around -22. The higher the negative value, the louder the call outs are over the music.

I won't get a look into 1.02 until over the weekend as I am swamped with stuff right now.

#345 5 years ago

I have been playing and never really noticed but stock music plays when I play Nebula, the Collector and Ronan but all other modes have music. Is that how Clelands is suppose to be or did I flash it wrong?

#346 5 years ago

I think you flashed it correctly. I believe cleland put some thought in to where he could appropriately place music from the first and second Guardians movies. When there wasn't a good fit, or the original score was more effective, he left it. One of my favorites is hearing Fox on the Run (Gamora), even though it's from the second movie. It's great GOTG pin music.

I think this is what makes his efforts so effective. I don't think his goal was to cram everything in, everywhere. Plug it in and enjoy!

#347 5 years ago

Thanks. I was just making sure. I definitely don't mind the original stern background for the Ronan or nebula I think it's intense and very fun. I just wanted to make sure everything I had was running like it should.

#348 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I think you flashed it correctly. I believe cleland put some thought in to where he could appropriately place music from the first and second Guardians movies. When there wasn't a good fit, or the original score was more effective, he left it. One of my favorites is hearing Fox on the Run (Gamora), even though it's from the second movie. It's great GOTG pin music.
I think this is what makes his efforts so effective. I don't think his goal was to cram everything in, everywhere. Plug it in and enjoy!

You sir have hit the nail on the head. Some modes I thought just deserved a proper music fit. Others I left alone because they are usually epic buildups.
I'm still tinkering in the background though. There will be an update with 1.02 to see what tastefully fits in.

Thanks to you all for the support, I really appreciate the comments and positivity you all provide. More to come!

#349 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

You sir have hit the nail on the head. Some modes I thought just deserved a proper music fit. Others I left alone because they are usually epic buildups.
I'm still tinkering in the background though. There will be an update with 1.02 to see what tastefully fits in.
Thanks to you all for the support, I really appreciate the comments and positivity you all provide. More to come!

Did you manage to get star lords “boom” in from infinity war or will it be a case of waiting until the dvd/blu Ray release of the movie to be able to rip that sound bite? Would love that in his mode maybe as a combo or jackpot callout.

Awesome work so far though cleland, my friend has your mix on his pro and it’s like night and day imo.

#350 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Did you manage to get star lords “boom” in from infinity war or will it be a case of waiting until the dvd/blu Ray release of the movie to be able to rip that sound bite?

How else would he get them? I doubt he's bringing a recorder in the movie theater!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,495 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.