2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 29.
#251 5 years ago

cleland is there anywhere you think you could add this line? I assume Star Lords “we are the guardians of the galaxy bitch” is in save Xander.

55CA2B21-2CB6-49D5-890C-AE1A162FF2F7.gif55CA2B21-2CB6-49D5-890C-AE1A162FF2F7.gif

Star Lords “BOOM” would also be cool especially the video clip, unfortunately can’t think of where it could go other than a jackpot or super jackpot shot in his mode.

04654B50-A7D4-4AC8-9C70-8865E14757C1.gif04654B50-A7D4-4AC8-9C70-8865E14757C1.gif

#252 5 years ago

cleland I just want to say thanks so much for all the time and mental energy you’ve put in to this. It’s really fantastic.

Please let me know how I can donate to your topper fund!

#253 5 years ago

Thanks Cleland for taking the time to explain how the sound replacement mod works and how to get it going. Can’t wait to give it a try.

#254 5 years ago

I had a brain fart and updated the cleland memory card with 1.0. Still seemed to work.

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from jim_:

Nasty bug fixed. cleland we patiently await your magic.
V1.01 - May 25, 2018
=====================
- Fixed an issue with bonus awards across multiplayer games.

Happy to hear they fixed this so quickly. It's a long holiday weekend here in the states, and it's my 13th wedding anniversary on Monday but I'll do my best to port over the sounds to 1.01 as quickly as possible. I do have a case of Rockstar No Sugar energy drinks on hand, so that helps

I want to thank you all so much for your PM's, comments and support. I love this franchise and game so much, it deserves to be the best!

Quoted from J85M:

I assume Star Lords “we are the guardians of the galaxy bitch” is in save Xander.

I do have that quote in "Immolation Initiative" mode, it's the last sound call out ironically. I'm still compiling more Vol2 to include as well. I'll see what I can do!

Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Thanks Cleland for taking the time to explain how the sound replacement mod works and how to get it going. Can’t wait to give it a try.

I'm happy to help! I can't wait until you get your game and encourage you to play some games on the stock sound SD card first. Then, install my sound update and enjoy the true GOTG experience.

#256 5 years ago

anyone have a video with the 1.01 software showing how Groots mouth to open and close?

#258 5 years ago

Well, it looks like I was fortunate enough to be able to run the macro and everything looks good for The Pro, which is what I have.
I only played 3 games, but it seems like all is good. Feel free to reach out to me with any possible issues.
This is great news as now I can start to implement some Vol2 quotes from the movie since it looks like the sound requests won't be changing.
So, here is the link for 1.01 for the Pro version. This is the full .img so you will need to flash it to your alternate SD card with Etcher.
Replace the "***" in the link with a popular hosting service name
https://www.drop***.com/s/5ufj7ip4a8ns28c/GOTG%20CLELAND_PRO_1_01.img?dl=0

Added over 6 years ago: Link to 1.01 .img of LE/Premium version is now here: Remember to replace the "***" with a popular file hosting service

https://www.drop***.com/s/gfmzgsa25cyr2aq/GOTG%20CLELAND_LE_1_01.img?dl=0

Remember to go into game settings and set speech attenuation to around -20 to -25.
File might be still uploading.

#259 5 years ago

On the new USB method:

Do we need to update to 1.01 first with Stern code?

If not, do we need to start with the previous rev (I think was like 0.95) OR can we go from 0.75 via the USB method?

#260 5 years ago

Is anyone able to do a video of clelands mix, I have an LE I’m looking at but would love to see the changes in advance, the difference in TWD sound mod package was like night and day!

#261 5 years ago

Just installed the 1.01 on mine and it couldn't have been simpler. I used a 16gb class 10 sd as the 8gb I had was 120mb short.

Nice mix of movie speech with call outs. Especially like the "extra ball, I almost died getting that"

Thanks for all your hard work on this!

#262 5 years ago

If Clelands GOTG reboot is anything like TWD was, you guys are in for a treat! Damn fine attention to detail and passion for his work.

Keep rockin’ it Cleland!

#263 5 years ago

I can't wait to get my premium with the week so I can install this mix as well. It sounds amazing and I agree if it's anything like the walking dead it's going to be amazing and only get better as Cleland updates it. Thank you Cleland for all your awesome hard work on this.

#264 5 years ago

Now that 1.0 is out and code updates should be slowing down, I hope we'll get a version from Cleland that replaces the movie lines only.

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

On the new USB method:
Do we need to update to 1.01 first with Stern code?
If not, do we need to start with the previous rev (I think was like 0.95) OR can we go from 0.75 via the USB method?

With the LE/Premium USB method you can go from any previous version and it will update. You can even run it on the stock SD card, but I don't recommend this.
As I have said in the past, have two SD cards. Your stock one, and your modified one. If someone can post me a .img of the LE/Premium file, I'll update it that way too. I'm just trying to get you LE/Premium users up to 1.01 as quickly as possible, and without a stock .img file of 1.01 of the LE this is the only way.

EDIT: COULD NOT GET THE USB METHOD TO WORK AND AM WAITING FOR A STOCK LE IMAGE OF 1.01.

Quoted from Sinestro:

Now that 1.0 is out and code updates should be slowing down, I hope we'll get a version from Cleland that replaces the movie lines only.

From your previous posts, I have implemented this since .95. I did all the movie callouts first and then the music changes last. Therefore, in the macro I can simply remove the last commands for the music callouts and you can retain stock music and only have the movie quotes. I'll see if I can get that to you soon.

#266 5 years ago

I will wait on the super easy sd-card set up.

I grabbed a new 16gb usb stick, downloaded the LE zip file , extracted it, but it becomes too big after extraction.

anyone else experiencing this? its not bigger than 16 right ?

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I will wait on the super easy sd-card set up.
I grabbed a new 16gb usb stick, downloaded the LE zip file , extracted it, but it becomes too big after extraction.
anyone else experiencing this? its not bigger than 16 right ?

Yeah, the USB method is confirmed to not be working for the LE/Premium. I am removing the link and waiting to get a stock LE .img file from someone with an LE/Premium. Anyone able to do this? I can send you a dropbox invite where you can post it. It will be a quite large file, 8 gigs, so it will take some time to upload.

EDIT: twenty84 is sending me the stock LE .img file. So, a big thanks and hang tight you LE/Premium owners. I'll post a link as soon as I can for you.

#268 5 years ago

Downloaded the pro IMG. Can't freaking wait for my game.

I'm going to do as cleland suggests, play the game the way it is for a few days then give his upgrades a shot, so I can really tell the difference.

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Downloaded the pro IMG. Can't freaking wait for my game.
I'm going to do as cleland suggests, play the game the way it is for a few days then give his upgrades a shot, so I can really tell the difference.

The factory voices were really taking me out of the game. There's a rocket quote that sounds like George W Bush and we'd all start repeating all of his quites in that voice

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

The factory voices were really taking me out of the game. There's a rocket quote that sounds like George W Bush and we'd all start repeating all of his quites in that voice

Yeah, but bobablee-bo-bo is one of the funniest things I've ever heard in a pin. So bad it's good.

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

From your previous posts, I have implemented this since .95. I did all the movie callouts first and then the music changes last. Therefore, in the macro I can simply remove the last commands for the music callouts and you can retain stock music and only have the movie quotes. I'll see if I can get that to you soon.

That’s awesome!

#272 5 years ago

Post #258 now has the LE link to the full .img version of 1.01. If the link says uploading, give it some time and check back. Off to see Solo a Star Wars Story now

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

This!

And Ronan sounds like a really bad Sean Connery impression

#274 5 years ago

I’m really grateful for all the work that Cleland put in to this, but I TOTALLY disagree that the stock sound alikes were that bad.

I updated to 1.01 before Cleland’s LE file was ready. I thought it would be a compromise... but it didn’t bug me at all.

What I really like about this replacement file is the music choices.

The sound alikes on stock code aren’t terrible, and the mix is very good on them.

Just my 2 cents. Don’t get me wrong, I’m running Cleland’s file... I just don’t think the original is terrible.

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

This!
And Ronan sounds like a really bad Sean Connery impression

I would pay to have Ronan say "I'll take the rapists for 20 Alex"

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I’m really grateful for all the work that Cleland put in to this, but I TOTALLY disagree that the stock sound alikes were that bad.
I updated to 1.01 before Cleland’s LE file was ready. I thought it would be a compromise... but it didn’t bug me at all.
What I really like about this replacement file is the music choices.
The sound alikes on stock code aren’t terrible, and the mix is very good on them.
Just my 2 cents. Don’t get me wrong, I’m running Cleland’s file... I just don’t think the original is terrible.

It's a mixed bag. The voices for Starlord and Gamora are very close to the original actors, but Rocket, Yandu, and Ronan are not good.

#277 5 years ago

All the voices in the factory code sound decent to me. I also noticed that in 1.0.1 they mix it up, with the callouts changing slightly each time. I’m still planning to download and try Cleland’s changes, now that the code should be stable for a while.

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

All the voices in the factory code sound decent to me. I also noticed that in 1.0.1 they mix it up, with the callouts changing slightly each time. I’m still planning to download and try Cleland’s changes, now that the code should be stable for a while.

The changing callouts have been there for some time.

It's a setting you can change to "Movie Lines Only"

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Post #258 now has the LE link to the full .img version of 1.01. If the link says uploading, give it some time and check back. Off to see Solo a Star Wars Story now

Awesome mate..
Thanks so much.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The changing callouts have been there for some time.
It's a setting you can change to "Movie Lines Only"

Oh yeah, of course. I had that disabled and the upgrade reset it to defaults...

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Happy to hear they fixed this so quickly. It's a long holiday weekend here in the states, and it's my 13th wedding anniversary on Monday but I'll do my best to port over the sounds to 1.01 as quickly as possible. I do have a case of Rockstar No Sugar energy drinks on hand, so that helps
I want to thank you all so much for your PM's, comments and support. I love this franchise and game so much, it deserves to be the best!

I'm happy to help! I can't wait until you get your game and encourage you to play some games on the stock sound SD card first. Then, install my sound update and enjoy the true GOTG experience.

congrats on the anniversary man! My premium should be shipping any minute now and I can't wait to get your code on it after playing stock at the local shop a bunch!

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Cleland, when I try to restore the LE img I get a “this image has no checksum to verify.” Error Any advice?

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

Cleland, when I try to restore the LE img I get a “this image has no checksum to verify.” Error Any advice?

Assuming this error comes back at the end of restoring the .img file to the SD card.
It should still be fine. I get that error with the dd Utility app. I think it's because the directory structure is a Stern custom one, and the program doesn't recognize it.
Load the SD card in your game and do please do report back though.

#284 5 years ago

Just want to verify that once you have written the IMG file to the SD Card, you then simply install it into the game and it is updated?

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Just want to verify that once you have written the IMG file to the SD Card, you then simply install it into the game and it is updated?

That is correct. If you’re switching between version numbers, the game will run a node board update automatically. Otherwise, if you’re going from Stock 1.01 to Cleland 1.01, it’ll just boot up.

#286 5 years ago

Duplicate post

#287 5 years ago

The only negative to Cleland's mod is my 1B GC score is gone!!!

#288 5 years ago

Is there specific SD card brand we should use? Seems like Stern can be picky on which USB stick brands and sizes you use for updating code and was wondering if the SD card was the same. Anybody have a link to one they've bought and it works? Thanks, Jason

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

Is there specific SD card brand we should use? Seems like Stern can be picky on which USB stick brands and sizes you use for updating code and was wondering if the SD card was the same. Anybody have a link to one they've bought and it works? Thanks, Jason

These ones worked well for me:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0143RTB1E

#290 5 years ago

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ultra-16gb-sdhc-uhs-i-memory-card/5424815.p?skuId=5424815

$9... I put 4 in a cart, price went down to $7... All worked perfect.

SD 16g (resized).jpgSD 16g (resized).jpg
#291 5 years ago

I just bought 1 of these from staples for $11 and it worked perfectly

#292 5 years ago

Will something like this work ok as the reader? Is it as easy as drag and drop for a PC?

https://www.amazon.com/Transcend-microSDHC-Reader-TS-RDF5K-Black/dp/B009D79VH4/ref=sr_1_2

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Will something like this work ok as the reader? Is it as easy as drag and drop for a PC?
amazon.com link »

Yes that should work, pick up a Sandisk 16gb card and use https://etcher.io/ to write the image file, it's not drag and drop but it's just a few clicks.

#294 5 years ago

I am trying to load this on a Mac on a 32GB Sandisk and for some reason it is only showing 8.4GB free. But I deleted what was on it. Any ideas?

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

I am trying to load this on a Mac on a 32GB Sandisk and for some reason it is only showing 8.4GB free. But I deleted what was on it. Any ideas?

Reformat it with Disk Utility.

Also check to make sure it's not partitioned.

#296 5 years ago

Not sure how long I can last with some of the stock voices - if I'm switching out the SD card of 1.01 standard with 1.01 cleland, does that also get rid of the high scores?

#297 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Not sure how long I can last with some of the stock voices - if I'm switching out the SD card of 1.01 standard with 1.01 cleland, does that also get rid of the high scores?

Yup, it does. As well as any changes you made to the game adjustments.

#298 5 years ago

Anyone wanna upload a few games/videos with the latest Cleland mod!? I'm REALLY looking forward to see... Hearing this!

#299 5 years ago

I just have to chime in here to add to the list of GoTG owners that are thanking Cleland for his awesome work. Sir, you have completely transformed my experience with this game! Did the sound mod tonight and I could not stop smiling with every game I played. A WORLD of difference and so much more fun now. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

#300 5 years ago

Failed to report one hiccup I had tonight after doing the sound mod. During one of my games the screen suddenly went blank. I could here everything and still play my game but the screen was completely out. I freaked out and turned off the machine then restarted and it was fine again. Did I do something wrong?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,495 (Firm)
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 16.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/6?hl=bent98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.