20190421_112143 (resized).jpg
20190430_211935 (resized).png
20190422_165100 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190428_151430_611 (resized).jpg
gotg custom version matrix (resized).png
IMG_3044 (resized).JPG
IMG_3043 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,067 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 22.
#201 4 years ago

Hello all! New to Pinside and new GOTG owner. Received it just a few weeks ago (supposedly I got the last LE machine Stern had on the premises), and the family has been playing it non-stop. Only negative comments anyone has are related to the voice-overs and wanting more songs. Which, of course, led me here. I'm excited to get cleland's work installed in my machine.

As soon as Pinside is convinced I'm not a bot, I'll send the PM request for the link. Thanks of course to cleland for all of the hard work and thanks also to everyone posting on this thread which made this information easy to find. Can't wait to make this great machine even better!

#202 4 years ago

Wow!!!

What a difference your work has made to the game...FAN FRIGGINTASTIC!
It was as simple as you described- thank you so much for this enhancement of the game.
Thank you again!

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I hope to get Brandy and Fleetwood Mac Break The Chain in there this round for sure!

Nice! thank you looking forward to the update.

The topper lights work great in the new code check it out.

#204 4 years ago

I was able to install the SD card late yesterday and it made an amazing difference. My youngest son actually applauded when Knowhere started for the first time. Thanks cleland for the amazing work!!

#205 4 years ago

Sorry for the delay of .95 sound update, I've been busy with other issues as of late. I will have the weekend to work on it though, so hang on and thanks for your comments and support!

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Sorry for the delay of .95 sound update, I've been busy with other issues as of late. I will have the weekend to work on it though, so hang on and thanks for your comments and support!

#207 4 years ago

Yo CLELAND, you da man!

#208 4 years ago

Thank you! well worth the wait

#209 4 years ago

Just came across this thread and been reading , listening !!
All I can say is wauwwww !!

Cleland is the man
Will swap my shit out now also

#210 4 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Thank you! well worth the wait

Yes agreed!!

#211 4 years ago

Infinity War just gave us some awesome sounds and audio from the Guardians, just heard your mix today cleland as a TWD owner you have once again outdone yourself dude

#212 4 years ago

The anticipation is worse than Christmas morning... can't wait to unwrap the new code.

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Infinity War just gave us some awesome sounds and audio from the Guardians, just heard your mix today cleland as a TWD owner you have once again outdone yourself dude

I just got back from seeing Avengers Infinity War today! Wow GOTG are well represented throughout the movie, and there are a ton of quotes that would work in the game. No spoilers, but I really enjoyed most of that movie and love how much GOTG there was, almost felt like Vol 3.

Should be wrapping up porting everything over to .95 tonight and post links. But then, I’m going get started on implementing a few quotes from Vol 2 and eventually Infinity Wars when it comes out on DVD.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Should be wrapping up porting everything over to .95 tonight and post links. But then, I’m going get started on implementing a few quotes from Vol 2 and eventually Infinity Wars when it comes out on DVD.

Now that’s music to my ears! Looking forward to the cleland mix volume .95

076C10E2-BFE9-4838-99FC-2A38E9BE90D7.gif

#215 4 years ago

Happy dance!

#216 4 years ago

Here are the links to the .95 updates. Replace the "***" with the popular hosting service name

Remember to go into the Game Settings menu and set "Speech Attenuation" to around -20 to -25. The higher the negative value, the louder the call outs are over the music.

I am still messing around with some new stuff and have not played "With The Glass Off". Enjoy

Pro Version Here:
https://www.drop***.com/s/gpxppw1q1dsgoie/GOTG%20CLELAND_PRO_95.img?dl=0

LE/Premium Version Here:
https://www.drop***.com/s/y51df5x6ycz23qy/GOTG%20CLELAND_LE_95.img?dl=0

#217 4 years ago

Awesome! Thank you Sir!

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Here are the links to the .95 updates. Replace the "***" with the popular hosting service name
Remember to go into the Game Settings menu and set "Speech Attenuation" to around -20 to -25. The higher the negative value, the louder the call outs are over the music.
I am still messing around with some new stuff and have not played "With The Glass Off". Enjoy
Pro Version Here:
https://www.drop***.com/s/gpxppw1q1dsgoie/GOTG%20CLELAND_PRO_95.img?dl=0
LE/Premium Version Here:
https://www.drop***.com/s/y51df5x6ycz23qy/GOTG%20CLELAND_LE_95.img?dl=0

Really appreciate the extra hard work on this that you are taking for all of us to make this game even better. It was much needed and you delivered above and beyond!!

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Here are the links to the .95 updates.

Thank you so much!

Cleland is a TRUE Guardian of the pinball galaxy!

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Thank you so much!
Cleland is a TRUE Guardian of the pinball galaxy!

Thanks, I wish I was STARLORD! I wanted to do more with this update, but it takes so much time. I'll continue to work quietly in the background to implement some VOL 2 quotes where they make sense/fit and eventually Infinity War.

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks, I wish I was STARLORD! I wanted to do more with this update, but it takes so much time. I'll continue to work quietly in the background to implement some VOL 2 quotes where they make sense/fit and eventually Infinity War.

Thanks cleland I will upload soon. Your hard work does not go unnoticed...

#222 4 years ago

Thanks cleland , can't wait to get it loaded up and play some games!

#223 4 years ago

Hey CLELAND - just a curious question. (1st thanks for the cool updates!).

I noticed when I burned the file it has a date of Feb 14 2018 - but the code was released in April. Thought that was weird - when I plugged into my machine it was for sure v0.95.

Just curious on the dates.

thx.

#224 4 years ago

Downloaded and played! Very nice work. Thank you for keeping up with the updates!

Is there a Pinsider of the Year Award? If there isn't, maybe there should be (For a person whose efforts benefit the community). The game itself is shaping up nicely, but you sir, have single handedly made it even better.

I nominate cleland for 2018 Pinsider of the Year.

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Downloaded and played! Very nice work. Thank you for keeping up with the updates!
Is there a Pinsider of the Year Award? If there isn't, maybe there should be (For a person whose efforts benefit the community). The game itself is shaping up nicely, but you sir, have single handedly made it even better.
I nominate cleland for 2018 Pinsider of the Year.

I second that as well! hd60609 is right, cleland you are the man thank you!

#226 4 years ago

i did the update to the latest code by stern and cleland's sound mod is also there.

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

yes, updated mine last night great update and again thanks for keeping up with the new code rolling out.

#228 4 years ago

Does this still have to be loaded onto a separate card or are we back to using a USB stick to update like we used too? Thanks for the info in advance.

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Does this still have to be loaded onto a separate card or are we back to using a USB stick to update like we used too? Thanks for the info in advance.

I keep two SD cards, one stock and the other with Cleland's modifications. The link is for a SD card image.

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

I keep two SD cards, one stock and the other with Cleland's modifications. The link is for a SD card image.

This is correct. Restore the .img link to your second SD card. I think next go around I will use the USB method since you all should have 2nd SD cards by now and the file size will be reduced for download.

#231 4 years ago

Thanks to Sinestro who found a couple of lines I missed. Not bad, only two of over 600

"Sir, the high end community..." "Abobolebobo" 1st exchange

That first exchange is the voice actors. The remaining part of the conversation is audio from the movie.

Links have been updated. Sorry you'll have to download and flash to your card again for two lines.

#232 4 years ago

OMG! I don’t know how I missed this thread. This is straight up MAGICAL. cleland this is seriously making me want to buy a GOTG. I’m a massive fan of the theme but felt the music and call outs where disappointing... you are literally making this game what it should be. What a contribution I too vote for pinsider of the year

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

OMG! I don’t know how I missed this thread. This is straight up MAGICAL. cleland this is seriously making me want to buy a GOTG. I’m a massive fan of the theme but felt the music and call outs where disappointing... you are literally making this game what it should be. What a contribution I too vote for pinsider of the year

Thanks, I have such a love for GOTG and this game is shaping out nicely. Such a great group of misfits.....love this Marvel franchise more than any other.
I have to make it the best!

#234 4 years ago

I’m with you on every statement you just made

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks to sinestro who found a couple of lines I missed. Not bad, only two of over 600
"Sir, the high end community..." "Abobolebobo" 1st exchange
That first exchange is the voice actors. The remaining part of the conversation is audio from the movie.
Links have been updated. Sorry you'll have to download and flash to your card again for two lines.

cleland, No kidding! I honestly heard this line like Sinestro did but thought it was your creative take by putting that line back in. After all it was so bad, it was comical. I am fine without it though!

#236 4 years ago

So I am trying to update to Cleland code. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I downloaded the code and it is 7.51 GB. I have a micro SD card with 16 GB space. It is saying there isn't enough space on the SD card. Seems like there should be plenty. The micro SD card will go into the bigger SD adapter.

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

It is saying there isn't enough space on the SD card.

Try using hdd raw copy to copy the image on the sd card -- make sure you select the source and DESTINATION carefully.

http://download.cnet.com/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/3000-2094_4-75544749.html

#238 4 years ago

I think I got it.

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Try using hdd raw copy to copy the image on the sd card -- make sure you select the source and DESTINATION carefully.
http://download.cnet.com/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/3000-2094_4-75544749.html

You’re assuming he has Windows.

Use Etcher. Free....cross platform.

https://etcher.io

#240 4 years ago

I unironically love “Bobalee bobo”, and I’m thinking of making a version where every single actor callout is replaced by some version of that. I can use my audio editor to make a “demon voice” version, a “helium” version, etc. Its’s too bad there’s not a switch frenzy sound that we could overwrite with “aBobo”.

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I unironically love “Bobalee bobo”, and I’m thinking of making a version where every single actor callout is replaced by some version of that. I can use my audio editor to make a “demon voice” version, a “helium” version, etc. Its’s too bad there’s not a switch frenzy sound that we could overwrite with “aBobo”.

This is the most horrifying thing I've read all day.

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

A small price to pay for your awesomeness!!!!

600 lines OMG what an amazing effort.
I was gonna sell this game till I started using your code. Thanks mate.

1 week later
#243 4 years ago

New code v1.0

Finally get Groot mouth movement with “I am Groot” to start Multiball

But not worth it till Cleland v1.0 comes out

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

New code v1.0

I would hope everybody has 2 SD cards by now!

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I would hope everybody has 2 SD cards by now!

My original card is corrupt and waiting for someone to help me out with a full .img file of the unmoddefied code. I’m unable to update or even use my original file. Only thing I have is Cleland .95

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

New code v1.0

Ya, just Groot’s Mouth synch, and THIS stuff...

LE/PRE V1.00 - May 22, 2018
=====================

- Increased “Immolation Initiative” scoring.
- Increased potential “Antiquities Shop” 2 switch scores.
- Increased potential “Yaka Arrow” 2 pop bumper scores.
- fixed “Yaka Arrow” 2 pop bumper award animations.
- Added logic to allow the ticket dispenser to appear in coil test.
- Fixed a mission timer bug that upon draining reset the mission timer back to its original starting value and resumed the mission at the start of the next ball. This occurred when the ball drained with only fractional seconds left remaining in a mission. Now, when draining under the same scenario, the player is presented mission select at the start of the next ball.
- Fixed a bug where the skill shot was available after “Cherry Bomb” Multiball.
- Fixed a bug where a ball saver was available after “Cherry Bomb” Multiball.
- Added logic to “Save Xandar” shot light strings to represent how many more shots are needed to complete a shot and add-a-ball into play. The logic is:
3 to go = Lamp Blinking
2 to go = Lamp Solid
1 to go = Shot lamp string strobing ON,ON,ON,OFF,OFF,OFF
- Fixed a bug in “Save Xandar” that would not award a left orbit shot if a ball was simultaneously being auto launched from the shooter lane.
- Fixed “Save Xandar” Super Jackpot Ready lightshow.
- Fixed mystery award lightshows that occur during multiball events.
- Fixed a bug in “Immolation Initiative” where balls were not being added back into play after crossing a switch/score threshold.
- Increased the ball saver time during “Immolation Initiative” when balls are added back into play.
- fixed display text in “Save Xandar”.
- Added an “add-a-ball” and “ball saver” for completing each shot during “Save Xandar”, i.e. ”Save Xandar” now has 9 add-a-balls.
- Fixed a “Save Xandar” award lightshow.
- Now missions contribute to the end ball bonus. Completing a mission will add 50% of the total mission score to the Bonus.
Example: score 10M total points during “Sanctuary”. Upon draining the “Ronan” value in the bonus sequence is worth 5M.
This value holds over from ball to ball and can be raised by finishing “Save Xandar” and finishing the mission a 2nd time.
- Changed the shot based portion of bonus scoring.
- A 2nd Extra Ball can be collected for finishing "X" missions/MBs, default = 6.
- Added a 2nd Extra Ball adjustment that allows/disables an Extra Ball to be lit/collected at the right scoop.
- fixed a problem where, on occasion, the score frame, player scores, player up, and ball in play would not be displayed until a full screen display effect occurred.
- added Yondu lane sound effect, light effect.
- Optimized “Groot Multiball” Ready lightshow.
- Fixed “Groot Multiball” Super, Double Super Jackpot lightshows.
- Fixed “Save Xandar” Super Jackpot Lightshow.
- Added speech to “Save Xandar” Start.
- Synced “Save Xandar” start display/speech/shaker/lightshows.
- Fixed a bug where the background score display effect was not properly waiting to start.
- Removed a glitch that could occur with shooter groove mode display effects.
- optimized ““Groot Multiball”” start sequence dots/music.
- Increased “Groot Multiball” Super, Double Super Jackpot scores.
- Added logic to sync the “Groot Multiball” Background display sequence to the “Groot Multiball” start display effect the first time the player starts “Groot Multiball”. The game remembers subsequent music/display starting points when starting “Groot Multiball” anew.
- Fixed custom messages.
- Added variations of Groot saying "I Am Groot" to “Groot Multiball” Start. These are also synced to the movement of Groot's mouth.
- Groot's mouth is now synced to the speech during the “Groot Multiball” Start sequence.
- Added speech to “Groot Multiball” start.
- Choreographed “Groot Multiball” start lightshow(s).
- Added 2 blow off sequences to the “Groot Multiball” Display Effect. Now you can fast forward/blow off to the "I Am Groot" sequence of the display effect, and additionally, blow that off to get the balls to kick out quickly.
- Fixed a cancel display bug in Mystery that would sometimes kill the display effect instead of fast forwarding/canceling to the actual award that was supposed to be displayed.
- added new Groot Lock kick out lightshows.
- improved Sanctuary 2 award lightshows.
- Added a bigger Sanctuary 2 award lightshow.
- Optimized how/when alternate Secondary mode display effects occur.
- Added shaker code to alternate Secondary modes.
- Increased Groot Super, Double Super Jackpot values.

- Extended TIMED PLUNGER adjustment range to DISABLED or 1 - 300 seconds
- Corrected minimum firing time for flipper coil when an EOS switch is inconsistent or poorly adjusted.

#247 4 years ago

Ok, updated to new code and while the updates are good.... wow, I can’t stand playing without Clelands sound. Reminded me how terrible the stern voice actors are. Sad really.

#248 4 years ago

Oh boy, downloading now....I hope I can just run the macro by now and not have to alter 600+ lines individually.
I think this go around I'll just post USB update links. You should all have an alternate SD card for my updates by now, and this will cut the file download size in half. Stay tuned!

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Oh boy, downloading now....I hope I can just run the macro by now and not have to alter 600+ lines individually.
I think this go around I'll just post USB update links. You should all have an alternate SD card for my updates by now, and this will cut the file download size in half. Stay tuned!

You might wait a second. There is a nasty bug where bonuses are being carried over to each player!

I bet Stern patches this within a week.

#250 4 years ago

Nasty bug fixed. cleland we patiently await your magic.

V1.01 - May 25, 2018
=====================

- Fixed an issue with bonus awards across multiplayer games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
Acton, MA
$ 370.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 37.50
$ 93.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
There are 1,067 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!