2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 29.
#151 6 years ago

I'm going to make it so you download a new .90.img file to write back to your modified 2nd SD card. Keep the original and run Stern's stock USB update so you always have both options. The links that were sent out will remain the same, you will only need to change "87" to "90" in the links to download.
I could make it the smaller USB to update to your 2nd card, but then I'd have to have you all PM me again for new links.
Good news, some new audio......bad news everything has shifted so I'll probably need to go line by line again

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'm going to make it so you download a new .90.img file to write back to your modified 2nd SD card. Keep the original and run Stern's stock USB update so you always have both options. The links that were sent out will remain the same, you will only need to change "87" to "90" in the links to download.
Good news, some new audio......bad news everything has shifted so I'll probably need to go line by line again

I can't get PB 6.40 to open up the new code. It seems you have.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I can't get PB 6.40 to open up the new code. It seems you have.

I'm using PB 6.00 without issue so far.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'm using PB 6.00 without issue so far.

My bad....figured it out.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks for doing this!

#156 6 years ago
#157 6 years ago

cleland I snagged a Pro because of your dedication to this game. And now we get a complete rework of the code thanks to Mike V & the new coder hires. It’s Christmas in March! Hey Stern, cleland

#158 6 years ago

Does anyone have a disk image of the unmodified .87 code (or the .90 code)? I've got the original SD card with .87 and a separate SD card with cleland's code, but would rather not overwrite either (just so I can save them for future use). I'd like to either put .87 on a new SD card and update from there, or if someone has made a .90 image I could just skip right to that.

Update: Took cleland's advice and switched to a Mac and DD Utility, and I was able to make and restore a .87 image.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from hermitcreek:

Does anyone have a disk image of the unmodified .87 code (or the .90 code)? I've got the original SD card with .87 and a separate SD card with cleland's code, but would rather not overwrite either (just so I can save them for future use). I'd like to either put .87 on a new SD card and update from there, or if someone has made a .90 image I could just skip right to that.
I tried to make an IMG file of my existing SD using PowerISO on my Win10 machine but it wanted to format the drive, so must be in some non-windows friendly disk format?

I can send you a link to the Stock .90 Image for the Pro if you want. I also need someone to send me a link to the Stock LE .img file after updating to .90
I am working the Pro code first since that's my game, but can run the new macro on a stock .img file for the LE/Premium.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I can send you a link to the Stock .90 Image for the Pro if you want. I also need someone to send me a link to the Stock LE .img file after updating to .90
I am working the Pro code first since that's my game, but can run the new macro on a stock .img file for the LE/Premium.

Only 8 more hours and I'll have a copy uploaded for ya.

... 5 more and counting

#161 6 years ago

Just had a blast playing the update. The game was entertaining before, but much better with the code update. But REALLY, REALLY missing the work that cleland put in. Looking forward to the new code with all the great music/callouts. You gotta get to Cherry Bomb Multiball! That was cool!

#162 6 years ago

Big thanks to MadPole for providing me with stock .90 LE image. Still working on the Pro sound and will be able port over to LE Premium once I'm done with that.
The holiday weekend is kicking my butt though, as in I have not had much time in front of the computer due to family stuff. I did manage to get a few games in on the new stock code and am loving the new rules and way it's shaping out though. Hang tight and stay tuned!

#163 6 years ago

Hi cleland,

are There any Changings for the topper with the new Update?

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from lash:

Hi cleland,
are There any Changings for the topper with the new Update?

Topper still only works in attraction mode and is not integrated like Ghostbusters

Quick update, I'm taking two more days to implement some lines from volume 2 of the movies....I've had some thoughts to make it better instead of just porting over from .87. Hang tight, it's gonna be good!

#165 6 years ago

Stern of the Union update.

Another code release later this month with topper support and additional refinement.

http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-April-2018

#166 6 years ago

Can't wait man

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Hang tight, it's gonna be good!

Awesome! -- The new code is great, but miss that cleland love it needs!

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Topper still only works in attraction mode and is not integrated like Ghostbusters
Quick update, I'm taking two more days to implement some lines from volume 2 of the movies....I've had some thoughts to make it better instead of just porting over from .87. Hang tight, it's gonna be good!

New code rocks but I'm missing the better sound package, don't tell me you found other things to do besides work on this over the weekend!

#169 6 years ago

Cleland,

As someone who has tinkered with Pinball Broswer in modifying my Ghostbusters, I can appreciate the time that you've put into this massive project!

Quick question: Would you consider releasing a 2nd version of your image, one that only has the call-outs replaced, but leaves everything else stock?

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

cleland <~~~~ is like a bat signal!

GOTG needs you..

Thanks cleland

#171 6 years ago

Cleland makes this game worth owning.

#172 6 years ago

Hey all you Pro owners. Paste this after the .com in the previous link I PM'd all. Premium/LE owners hang tight, I will hopefully get that posted tomorrow.
I lost three hundred lines of my macro due to my Mac auto updating software while I was asleep one night
Still working on some music options I'll address with the next update, that's supposedly going to make the topper work at the end of the month
Version .90 Pro
/s/0pndnncc3yvt6jv/GOTG%20CLELAND_PRO_90.img?dl=0

Added over 6 years ago: Premium/LE Owners add this after ".com" to the links you were originally sent.

/s/q6g4d0xa831y1ke/GOTG%20CLELAND_LE_90.img?dl=0

#173 6 years ago

Thanks! Looking forward to installing this weekend.

#174 6 years ago

Is spirit in the sky or mr blue sky on any of these sound mods.

You have me re-thinking this machine now!

#175 6 years ago

Damn, why didn't I see this 3 hours ago? Would have probably just kept me up all night but still wish I had seen it. Thanks cleland I'll install it sometime tomorrow and can't wait to check it out!

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is spirit in the sky or mr blue sky on any of these sound mods.
You have me re-thinking this machine now!

But of course, along with many more

#177 6 years ago

@cleland,

Outstanding job with the new code! We so appreciate your efforts. It was tough... wanting to put your .87 SD card in to hear the great music and call-outs but loving the newest code and mode varieties from Stern. Well you took care of that. Just downloaded and works like a charm.

I especially love Fox on the Run during Gamora's Mode! Would love to hear Cheap Trick's "Surrender" but don't know where you'd fit it in if at all during the next update. Any thoughts? Rocket? Then Hooked on a Feeling would only play when not in a mode...

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

cleland,
Outstanding job with the new code! We so appreciate your efforts. It was tough... wanting to put your .87 SD card in to hear the great music and call-outs but loving the newest code and mode varieties from Stern. Well you took care of that. Just downloaded and works like a charm.
I especially love Fox on the Run during Gamora's Mode! Would love to hear Cheap Trick's "Surrender" but don't know where you'd fit it in if at all during the next update. Any thoughts? Rocket? Then Hooked on a Feeling would only play when not in a mode...

Thanks for the comments, you are among the first to hear the new .90 update with my sound package. I am for sure working on implementing some call outs from VOL 2. Along with getting Brandy, Cheap Trick - Surrender, and Fleetwood Mac - Chain in there. Loving how this game is coming along!

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Hey all you Pro owners. Paste this after the .com in the previous link I PM'd all. Premium/LE owners hang tight, I will hopefully get that posted tomorrow.

Just finished the download and can't wait to load up this code. cleland Thanks for all your hard work on this update, simply awesome!

#180 6 years ago

Downloading now. Thanks again Cleland!

#181 6 years ago

cleland is the process different? Looks like .spk not .img

EDIT: Never Mind IM An IDIOT!!

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I lost three hundred lines of my macro due to my Mac auto updating software while I was asleep one night
Still working on some music options I'll address with the next update, that's supposedly going to make the topper work at the end of the month
Version .90 Pro
/s/0pndnncc3yvt6jv/GOTG%20CLELAND_PRO_90.img?dl=0

How Awesome are you!!!
Looking forward to the LE. My poor game is just not the same LOL.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say people like like take pinball from being good to GREAT!!
Thanks for doing this.

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from Saber:

How Awesome are you!!!
Looking forward to the LE. My poor game is just not the same LOL.
I think I speak for everyone here when I say people like you take pinball from being good to GREAT!!
Thanks for doing this.

Thanks guys, GOTG is such a close and personal favorite franchise of mine, I just have to make it better! 22 more lines of code to go for the Premium/LE!

#184 6 years ago

Any chance of getting some more video of the music integration?

#185 6 years ago

Looks like my timing is perfect, I’m bringing home a Pro on Sunday! Thanks Cleland.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any chance of getting some more video of the music integration?

I'll see if I can get some video posted soon. Updated post #172 for Premium/LE owners to update to .90 Sound Update.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'll see if I can get some video posted soon. Updated post #172 for Premium/LE owners to update to .90 Sound Update.

Cool - I have a feeling this is going to make me buy a premium!

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Sounds like 0.9 LE/Premium is ready to go! No pun intended. LOL!!

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

In 1080P this time? LOL!

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Added yesterday: Premium/LE Owners

Thank you! Will try this out today!

#191 6 years ago

Hi Cleland,

It's really amazing !
With the new sound, It's a new pin ( 1 play 2.7 Bill. )
So much more fun

Thanks for all

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard1:

Hi Cleland,
It's really amazing !
With the new sound, It's a new pin ( 1 play 2.7 Bill. )
So much more fun
Thanks for all

Thank you from halfway around the world, so glad you’re enjoying the game more. I have been playing with my own personal version including some new quotes from Volume 2 and other music. I expect another official update that I will address hopefully by end of month. Game is shaping up nicely though!

#193 6 years ago

PayPal sent, thanks for doing this Cleland.

I have a confession to make. I thought the voices in the original Stern ROM were from the movie, because I had set adjustment #52 (“Movie Lines”) to “originals only”. Then I put in Cleland’s ROM, and I thought “oh, yeah, those voices do sound better”. But...(puts flamesuit on)...I don’t have a problem with Stern’s voice work at all. And it has the benefit of being done in a studio, for the game, without the movie background noise. I’m gonna go back and forth between the ROMs for a while to decide which I like better. Clearly the Cleland mix has the real actors, with better emoting. But it’s a trade-off for some scenes.

Music during the modes is cool, and I was planning to do that myself. But, the problem is that the various fanfares for hitting stuff takes away from the music, so your reward for making shots is having your music go away for a bit. This problem of course exists with the Stern code too. When you’re not in a mode, you get to relax to some music, but it gets interrupted all the time. It would be cool if there was a setting to disable everything but the music, while you’re between modes.

One thing that’s unequivocally awesome is hearing the music during the “wait” time (mode started, ball in shooter lane). I will sometimes sit and listen to it for the full 30 seconds before I plunge, haha. I might switch up the songs, but without Cleland’s Mix I wouldn’t even know this was an option.

So overall, great work, and I really respect how tedious this must have been. I’ve edited a few ROMs myself, but never to this extent. This obviously takes real dedication.

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

PayPal sent, thanks for doing this Cleland.
I have a confession to make. I thought the voices in the original Stern ROM were from the movie, because I had set adjustment #52 (“Movie Lines”) to “originals only”. Then I put in Cleland’s ROM, and I thought “oh, yeah, those voices do sound better”. But...(puts flamesuit on)...I don’t have a problem with Stern’s voice work at all. And it has the benefit of being done in a studio, for the game, without the movie background noise. I’m gonna go back and forth between the ROMs for a while to decide which I like better. Clearly the Cleland mix has the real actors, with better emoting. But it’s a trade-off for some scenes.
Music during the modes is cool, and I was planning to do that myself. But, the problem is that the various fanfares for hitting stuff takes away from the music, so your reward for making shots is having your music go away for a bit. This problem of course exists with the Stern code too. When you’re not in a mode, you get to relax to some music, but it gets interrupted all the time. It would be cool if there was a setting to disable everything but the music, while you’re between modes.
One thing that’s unequivocally awesome is hearing the music during the “wait” time (mode started, ball in shooter lane). I will sometimes sit and listen to it for the full 30 seconds before I plunge, haha. I might switch up the songs, but without Cleland’s Mix I wouldn’t even know this was an option.
So overall, great work, and I really respect how tedious this must have been. I’ve edited a few ROMs myself, but never to this extent. This obviously takes real dedication.

Thanks for the constructive feedback, and I totally agree with you on many accounts. I wish I had access to the dialog only track from the movies, but the best I can do is pull the center channel mono file and work with that. It still contains some music mix but is cleaner than using a stereo rip of it.

Truth be told, I don't think the sound alikes are that bad in this game too.....not like how horrible TWD and Xmen were.

I'm working through VOL 2 of the movie currently and pulling sound clips to implement in places/characters that make sense for the next update.
But, in the end I'll probably end up with two versions. One that keeps the stock call outs but replaces the music and one with real movie sound clips and replaced music.

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks for the constructive feedback, and I totally agree with you on many accounts. I wish I had access to the dialog only track from the movies, but the best I can do is pull the center channel mono file and work with that. It still contains some music mix but is cleaner than using a stereo rip of it.
Truth be told, I don't think the sound alikes are that bad in this game too.....not like how horrible TWD and Xmen were.
I'm working through VOL 2 of the movie currently and pulling sound clips to implement in places/characters that make sense for the next update.
But, in the end I'll probably end up with two versions. One that keeps the stock call outs but replaces the music and one with real movie sound clips and replaced music.

MOST of Xmen is really awesome. Think of how many different voices are in that game...and only a couple stand out as terrible. (coughBEASTcough)

TWD...dreadful, though. Very much appreciate what you did for that one.

Played GOTG for the first time tonight. Enjoyed it thoroughly, and I'm now extremely interested in your work on it (since the stock sound package was the only aspect that bothered me).

I did see a couple of your YouTube vids with GOTG....any extended ones with that sound package around?

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I would humbly request a 3rd version. One that swaps out the dialog with the movie scenes, but leaves the music stock. I’m not sure all the pop songs mesh well with playing pinball. Some of the custom music is quite good.

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I would humbly request a 3rd version. One that swaps out the dialog with the movie scenes, but leaves the music stock. I’m not sure all the pop songs mesh well with playing pinball. Some of the custom music is quite good.

I agree with this, too.

Particularly because the game is ENTIRELY based on the first GoTG movie (every video clip, scene, and line of dialogue)...so putting in all the tracks from the sequel doesn't feel completely...right? (And, I have no problems with the music as it is....but the imitation voices make me cringe).

I don't know how hard it is to pull off these different versions/requests, though. I appreciate the heck out of the work Cleland is doing...can't say that enough.

Also, I don't have a GoTG yet...but after playing it at the PATZ show, I can tell it won't be long before I'm an owner. Should I be warming up that link, or just wait until I'm officially an owner?

#198 5 years ago

Just watched Guardians Vol 2 this weekend with the family. Another shout out to @cleland! Love the work you did. Love all the snip-its of music, even if some are from Vol. 2. I appreciate being able to make any subtle modifications to @cleland's code in Pinball Browser, but I haven't needed to!

Best of all, if and when I want to go back to original scores from Stern, I can just drop in the official Stern SD card with the newest code... and I agree, the voice actors really aren't that bad (easily tolerable).

#199 5 years ago

0.95 code just released; hoping Cleland can move over sound without a lot of work.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

0.95 code just released; hoping Cleland can move over sound without a lot of work.

Yeah, me too! Downloaded the code, it's the wife's birthday on Saturday, so I probably won't get a good look at the changes until Sunday.

I hope to get Brandy and Fleetwood Mac Break The Chain in there this round for sure!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 28.00
6,495 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.