2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 29.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

Here's what I have for requests.
31-84 2:01.929 Cherry Bomb
32-85 1:57.816 Hooked On A Feeling
33 2:07.200 Ain't No Mountain High Enough
34-71 2:27.124 End Of Game - I Want You Back
35 2:01.929 Cherry Bomb
36 1:57.816 Hooked On A Feeling
37 2:07.200 Ain't No Mountain High Enough
38 2:27.124 I Want You Back
39 2:01.929 Cherry Bomb
40 1:57.816 Hooked On A Feeling
41 2:07.200 Ain't No Mountain High Enough
42 2:27.124 I Want You Back
44 0:36.000 Mode pick screen
45 1:41.392 Sibling Rivalry
46 0:11.076 Waiting for Sibling Rivalry
47 1:26.125 Escape Kyln
48 0:07.111 Waiting for Escape Kyln
49 1:26.513 Knowhere
50 0:12.857 Waiting for Knowhere
51 2:46.951 Quill's Quest
52 0:13.073 Waiting For Quill's Quest
53 0:55.376 Yaka's Arrow
54 0:07.659 Waiting For Yaka's Arrow
55 1:09.717 Sanctuary
56 0:09.290 Waiting for Sanctuary
57-67 2:34.450 Pod Chase - High Score
58 0:18.000 Waiting For Pod Chase
59 1:02.125 Antiquities Shop
60-43 0:15.157 Waiting for Antiquities Shop
61 9:15.897 Groot Multi
64 6:31.432 Orb Multi
72 0:48.520 Rampage Double Scoring
73 0:35.616 ? Quill's Quest II ? DOES NOT EXIST
74 2:07.393 Knowhere II
75 3:11.956 Pod Chase II
76 0:52.983 Yaka's Arrow II
77 1:23.708 Escape Kyln II
78 0:31.291 Antiquities Shop II
79 1:57.149 Sanctuary II
80 0:12.023 ? Sibling Rivalry II ? DOES NOT EXIST
81-82 4:44.071 ? Immolation Initiative ?
83 4:07.179 ? Save Xandar ?

Wow good job putting that together!

#102 6 years ago

OK, I have posted my V2 of the .87 code to the same links you have all been sent before. Just re-download and flash it to your SD card.
Some of the changes are:

Balanced out many of the call outs sounds. I still recommend going into the game settings and setting Speech attenuation to somewhere between -15 to -25.

Completed all call outs for all modes with current code .87

Used "Fox On The Run" music for "Sibling Rivalry" Modes

Used "David Bowie-Moonage Dream" music for "Knowhere" Modes

Used "Come A Little Bit Closer" music for "Yaka's Arrow" Modes

I still want to get Fleetwood Mac's "Break The Chain" in there somewhere, but can't decide where to fit it with current code.
At this point I am going to wait and see what happens with the next code update and go from there. I would like to add some more variety in the callouts
from the characters from VOL 2 of the movie, but will evaluate that with next code update. So for now, I am done with .87 code but will certainly address the next update. Thanks to all of you for the PM's and Topper fund, you guys rock!

Enjoy my fellow Pinsiders!

Edit: Some have said there were problems with the links but many have said they downloaded them fine. I think some of you early folks had the .zip link and I changed it to the direct .img. Just PM me if you have any problems and I'll re-send you the links.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

OK, I have posted my V2 of the .87 code to the same links you have all been sent before. Just re-download and flash it to your SD card.
Some of the changes are:
Balanced out many of the call outs sounds. I still recommend going into the game settings and setting Speech attenuation to somewhere between -15 to -25.
I still want to get Fleetwood Mac's "Break The Chain" in there somewhere, but can't decide where to fit it with current code.
At this point I am going to wait and see what happens with the next code update and go from there. I would like to add some more variety in the callouts
from the characters from VOL 2 of the movie, but will evaluate that with next code update. So for now, I am done with .87 code but will certainly address the next update. Thanks to all of you for the PM's and Topper fund, you guys rock!
Edit: Some have said there were problems with the links but many have said they downloaded them fine. I think some of you early folks had the .zip link and I changed it to the direct .img. Just PM me if you have any problems and I'll re-send you the links.

I'm seriously considering buying this game now.. Even though I've yet to experience your work Cleland, I'm still grateful of your contributions to this community.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Some of the changes are:

The new updates on V2 .87 are fantastic cleland !
Thanks for saving GOTG!!

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I'm seriously considering buying this game now.. Even though I've yet to experience your work Cleland, I'm still grateful of your contributions to this community.

Wiuls be great if anyone feels inspired to post video.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Some of the changes are:

I'd love to hear some 'chain' in there. Awesome song, with many different parts.

#107 6 years ago

Question: I tried a 32gb Sandisk and I tried a 32gb Axiom SD cards. Both write fine but both cards had trouble during the verify stage using the etcher.io app. I ignored that the verification did not work and plug into machine and both seemed to work. Any thoughts on this?.

Thx bunch!

#108 6 years ago

A friend got the high score on my LE game and entered their initials and then hit "end" and the game did a complete reboot upon hitting "end". Weird - any thoughts on this one too?

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

A friend got the high score on my LE game and entered their initials and then hit "end" and the game did a complete reboot upon hitting "end". Weird - any thoughts on this one too?

Can't be anything I did as I only replace sound requests, nothing else. Could be a bug in .87 code. There are many placeholder call outs too that are not heard in the game yet. With the next Stern update I'm sure there will be more.

Just to make sure you are using my current version and flashed your SD card properly. If you hear the new mode music selections
"Fox On The Run" music for "Sibling Rivalry" Modes
"David Bowie-Moonage Dream" music for "Knowhere" Modes
"Come A Little Bit Closer" music for "Yaka's Arrow" Modes

Then you have the latest image for the .87 code. I'll address more when new Stern code is posted.

#110 6 years ago

All is great with my update. No issues at all... I’ve played at least 20 games and logged several high scores. Thank you Cleland!!

#111 6 years ago

Great to hear! I kinda felt like I might have overdone the volume on the newly added songs, so I have reduced them by -3db and uploaded new versions.
It feels more balanced to me, so if anyone wants to download again and flash their card have at it. I'll keep tweaking behind the scenes in anticipation for the next code release.

#112 6 years ago

Kevin
I just installed the SD card.. Wow what a difference.

#113 6 years ago

Crap, now you probably won't sell it

Code needs some work for sure, and there's only so much I can do without original assets. I did use the center channel track from the 5.1 dvd which is mainly the dialogue track, but there is some background mix they leave in there too. Anyway, I will keep tweaking away for the next release.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Crap, now you probably won't sell it
Code needs some work for sure, and there's only so much I can do without original assets. I did use the center channel track from the 5.1 dvd which is mainly the dialogue track, but there is some background mix they leave in there too. Anyway, I will keep tweaking away for the next release.

Not true if I can’t stop bricking all my shots I will get frustrated..

#115 6 years ago

Hey cleland I would love to try the modded pro code.

#116 6 years ago

So close to funding the topper, many thanks!

#117 6 years ago

Just played a game with this installed on it. Very well done.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just played a game with this installed on it. Very well done.

Thanks, I am eagerly awaiting the next update from Stern to make it better.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from joegeno:

Cleland is a beast

Thanks, and I'm happy to report that thanks to all you generous Pinsiders....The topper has been funded, ordered, and should be here on Friday.
Will post pictures and video.

#121 6 years ago

Can’t wait to get this!

#122 6 years ago

If possible I'd like to request the option for alternate game-over songs. I like the existing Jackson 5 tune and understand that's what plays at the end of the movie but it does get a little repetitious, if you can work a few others in there it would be sweet!

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

If possible I'd like to request the option for alternate game-over songs. I like the existing Jackson 5 tune and understand that's what plays at the end of the movie but it does get a little repetitious, if you can work a few others in there it would be sweet!

That would be cool, but with current code it only triggers that request. I think that will change with the next update and more songs will cycle though.....at least that’s what I’m hoping for.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks, and I'm happy to report that thanks to all you generous Pinsiders....The topper has been funded, ordered, and should be here on Friday.
Will post pictures and video.

Great news .. looking forward to seeing some pics of the topper.

#125 6 years ago

Can I get a copy of the Pro code to try out? It sounds like a big improvement.

Thanks!

#126 6 years ago

Sounds (pun intended) like they're going to have some preview code running on GOTG at the Stern / Marco section at TPF. Hopefully someone gets us some video / audio of that.

#127 6 years ago

This project basically erases all doubts I had on GoTG as my first pinball purchase. It's a dream theme for my kids and I, but I was worried about the generic callouts and felt it was missing the iconic music. You've resolved that. The game is really fun to play, so this completes the package. If/When I pull the trigger, I'd love to sent a few dollars your way to support this work!

#128 6 years ago

Well look what just arrived! Looks like they have existing TWD topper boxes but no more TWD toppers

Will post pictures installed and video later tonight. But all you lucky suckers are probably at TPF or Arcade Expo this weekend.

5E2F10BB-2497-46E0-BFF2-AB9F45B9C0D6 (resized).jpeg5E2F10BB-2497-46E0-BFF2-AB9F45B9C0D6 (resized).jpeg

91A4C9BC-D5EF-4599-B4BA-C390096FE305 (resized).jpeg91A4C9BC-D5EF-4599-B4BA-C390096FE305 (resized).jpeg

F74E7077-0EB8-4FF4-8FB3-8CAA9B3CE879 (resized).jpegF74E7077-0EB8-4FF4-8FB3-8CAA9B3CE879 (resized).jpeg

15212D85-178A-4D76-9375-217F498D9729 (resized).jpeg15212D85-178A-4D76-9375-217F498D9729 (resized).jpeg

#129 6 years ago

Very cool Cleland! I was wanting to see some better pictures of it - thanks!

I went cheap and just hot glued baby groot to the top lol

hey...it works!

BG (resized).jpgBG (resized).jpg

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Well look what just arrived

Congrats on the topper. How is it? does it put on a good light show?

Finally got around to trying out your code and WOW! great job. Really like the song selections and everything you put into it.

Thanks for doing it.

#131 6 years ago

Show us an Video from the Working topper

#132 6 years ago

Pro purchased today!

Looking forward to installing this upgrade!

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Pro purchased today!
Looking forward to installing this upgrade!

Congrats Chris and great to talk to you, I hope you had a blast at TPF. I'll PM you the info now.

Safe travels back home!

#134 6 years ago

Here’s some video of the cool topper. Only played a couple of games and didn’t see it integrated into any modes. Only attraction mode for now, hopefully new code changes that.

#135 6 years ago

Thank you for the Video.
Is it the same blinking when you playing the guardians?

#136 6 years ago

I just install cleland 's mod and I can't say enough good things about it. Totally changes the game! Fantastic work.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Here’s some video of the cool topper. Only played a couple of games and didn’t see it integrated into any modes. Only attraction mode for now, hopefully new code changes that.
» YouTube video

Currently the topper only functions in attract mode. I, too, hope the new code gets it integrated into gameplay. There are enough colors on the topper’s grid to represent all the color-based modes I’d think.

#138 6 years ago

just installed Clelands mod, sounds very promising, must play more !
THX !

#139 6 years ago

Just installed tonight after owning the game for two days.

1st. The install was very simple: Download file, Use “Etcher” easily found on google for free download, use Etcher to install file on a new 16MB SD card from Walmart (was cheap $10), turn off game, swap out SD card, turn on game. Done!

2nd. The difference is night and day!!! GOTG is a great license, made even greater by the music. Most of the great music I remember is now in my game. Stern really teed this one up by using quotes directly from the movie in a lot of places. I’m quite happy with this version from cleland.

Thanks Kevin!

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Just installed tonight after owning the game for two days.
1st. The install was very simple: Download file, Use “Etcher” easily found on google for free download, ise Etcher to install file on a new 16MB SD card from Walmart (was cheap $10), turn off game, swap out SD card, turn on game. Done!
2nd. The difference is night and day!!! GOTG is a great license, made even greater by the music. Most of the great music I remember is now in my game. Stern really teed this one up by using quotes directly from the movie in a lot of places. I’m quite happy with this version from cleland.
Thanks Kevin!

Congrats on picking up the game and glad you were able to load the SD card without issues. Can't wait for new code to be posted and update that.....stay tuned!

#141 6 years ago

Watched a walk-through of the new rule changes previewed at TPF. I'll save most of that discussion for the game thread but the mini-wizard mode (complete 4 modes completely) will be "Cherry Bomb Multi-ball" so I'm afraid you may have to leave that song in on the next version @cleland. Unfortunately it was way too loud for the stream to capture any audio from the show floor so I have no idea if anything has changed in that department.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Watched a walk-through of the new rule changes previewed at TPF. I'll save most of that discussion for the game thread but the mini-wizard mode (complete 4 modes completely) will be "Cherry Bomb Multi-ball" so I'm afraid you may have to leave that song in on the next version cleland. Unfortunately it was way too loud for the stream to capture any audio from the show floor so I have no idea if anything has changed in that department.

That’s cool, I just hope they use more sound requests for specific places. They could only call for Cherry Bomb for that multi ball mode and not reuse that song in so many multiple places like it is in current .87 code. I can’t wait to address the new code when it drops.

#143 6 years ago

Got your code running on two Pro models yesterday and yes, the difference is night and day. I love it. So far nothing but good things coming from others that got to play them too. On a personal note, I would like to have an option to have the start (ooga-chaka) of Hooked on a Feeling returned. My kids enjoy that especially. Keep up the great work Kevin!

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from Big70:

Got your code running on two Pro models yesterday and yes, the difference is night and day. I love it. So far nothing but good things coming from others that got to play them too. On a personal note, I would like to have an option to have the start (ooga-chaka) of Hooked on a Feeling returned. My kids enjoy that especially. Keep up the great work Kevin!

+1

I'd miss Ooga-chaka

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Topper looks cool. I hope it gets integrated during gameplay. This seems broken if its attract mode only.

1 week later
#146 6 years ago

big code update today to version .90 Can't wait to get your magic done on it Cleland.

#147 6 years ago

Downloading now to see how the sound changed. Hopefully, I can just run the macro and it will load everything over.
Looks like I'm putting "Cherry Bomb" back in for sure though

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Hopefully, I can just run the macro and it will load everything over.

That’s handy!

#149 6 years ago

I'm running .87 with Cleland's sound mod. Can I leave that SD card in and update, or do I need to put the basic .87 card back in to update?

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I'm running .87 with Cleland's sound mod. Can I leave that SD card in and update, or do I need to put the basic .87 card back in to update?

You should update the basic .87 card.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 28.00
$ 22.50
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,495 (Firm)
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/3?hl=heyitsjoebob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.