2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 29.
#1201 1 year ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

Your version without movie dialogue and with your choices of music, not the Cleland version - right?

Yup, no wordy words spoken by default in mine. Which is a setting in the Adjustments to turn on or off movie lines. I just turned it off by default in my version. Anyone can turn them back on.

As a note, Pinball Browser has issues with audio clips in the new Stern codes. Some audio clips are unable to be changed due to technical blah blah blah. Usually this issue affects the short sound clips. I'm betting quite a few of the short movie line quotes are now unable to be changed in the new 1.11 code.

So if you're expecting a 1.11 code update with movie dialogue to replace the game's fake movie dialogue.....you may be disappointed or in for a long wait. Or you may get an update but not every movie line was replaced. Stranger Things has this issue.

#1202 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I've never run into this but are you sure you're using the proper version of the code to match your game, i.e. Pro code on a Pro game and not on a Premium/LE?

Sorry - just saw this.

100% sure. I didn't expand on it.... it works for like 3-4 days / boot ups and then stops. The pattern the other guy describes happens over and over. Boots to Guardians screen, and then just starts to reboot. Like clock work. Tried different SD cards, both his A/B version, different versions of etcher, etc. I may try Windisk but I know that one has some issues sometimes. But hey worth a shot, I should have tried that by now.

One thing I may have done that is causing this. I had 1.10 or maybe 1.11, Stern's code, before putting Cleland's on.

So I went down from a higher version to a lower version.. I am hoping if / when 1.11 is made this will solve it.

I am doing it right though. I've done multiple sound mods in the past, burned lots of memory cards etc. I even tried his 1.09 on a Stern provided memory card, and same thing happens..

#1203 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

Sorry - just saw this.
100% sure. I didn't expand on it.... it works for like 3-4 days / boot ups and then stops. The pattern the other guy describes happens over and over. Boots to Guardians screen, and then just starts to reboot. Like clock work. Tried different SD cards, both his A/B version, different versions of etcher, etc. I may try Windisk but I know that one has some issues sometimes. But hey worth a shot, I should have tried that by now.
One thing I may have done that is causing this. I had 1.10 or maybe 1.11, Stern's code, before putting Cleland's on.
So I went down from a higher version to a lower version.. I am hoping if / when 1.11 is made this will solve it.
I am doing it right though. I've done multiple sound mods in the past, burned lots of memory cards etc. I even tried his 1.09 on a Stern provided memory card, and same thing happens..

Do you have any accessories added to the game like a volume control? That is what stops mine from booting. I have to disconnect the board until it boots, then I can reconnect it.

#1204 1 year ago
#1205 1 year ago

Where are the download links? Nevermind. I'll PM you.

#1207 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm holding out for cleland

That’s cool. I don’t even have the game anymore. Just felt like releasing an update for everyone.

#1208 1 year ago

I spoke with Cleland recently via DM and he said he's hoping to have his code ready for 1.11 in a matter of weeks, so you should be fine. Fingers crossed! I just updated from 1.07 to 1.11 and I'm already sick of the stock soundtrack

Also can't wait to hear Cleland announce it is ready, still running 1.09 with Cleland.

Tim

1 week later
#1209 1 year ago

Sorry for the questions, but I’m playing catch up here.

Will Clelands upcoming 1.11 code run on the newer GotG machines and won’t “brick” the node boards? Will it have IC?

#1210 1 year ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

Will Clelands upcoming 1.11 code run on the newer GotG machines and won’t “brick” the node boards? Will it have IC?

I assume everything will be compatible, but we just gotta sit tight and wait to hear from Cleland himself. I'm not a computer guy, but I assume alot of work goes into these modifications.

#1211 1 year ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

It’s fine. I make my own code versions and share my 1.11 versions with no issues reported from anyone.

#1212 1 year ago

Awesome thanks guys! So older versions are working fine as well? I have a first run GotG running 1.02 Cleland and I just picked up a NIB from the last run because mine has 7k plays on it. Can I just pop in the old SD?

#1213 1 year ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

Awesome thanks guys! So older versions are working fine as well? I have a first run GotG running 1.02 Cleland and I just picked up a NIB from the last run because mine has 7k plays on it. Can I just pop in the old SD?

It depends on which node boards you have on the new machine. Blue or Green?

#1214 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

It depends on which node boards you have on the new machine. Blue or Green?

Haven’t opened it but it’s from this last run.

#1215 1 year ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

Haven’t opened it but it’s from this last run.

I would not put the old card in just yet. Check it next time you have the playfield raised. There were at least two runs in 21&22 that used the newer blue cards, and we have heard they may have reverted to the original green. You don’t want to make this mistake!

#1216 1 year ago

Ah ok, I’ll sit on it for a while then. I’m not opening it if I can’t use it haha.

Thanks!

#1217 1 year ago

The latest version of the Cleland mod is safe for all versions of node boards. But I wouldn't run any code older than that. Same with legacy stock Stern code.

#1218 1 year ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

The latest version of the Cleland mod is safe for all versions of node boards. But I wouldn't run any code older than that. Same with legacy stock Stern code.

Thanks! Do you know if that latest version has IC?

#1219 1 year ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

Thanks! Do you know if that latest version has IC?

It does, but it does not have the "Home Team" feature so you have to always scan your IC code to log in.

#1220 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Good News, Pinball Browser was just updated today to open the latest 1.11 image.
I just need applejuice to run his macro on his versions to update mine.

cleland applejuice
Any updates on the status of the macro run?

#1221 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

cleland applejuice

You guys are all rockstars! I can’t wait to see the finished product!

#1222 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

cleland applejuice

Apologies for the delay here guys, i am playing catch up, but will report back soon of course

#1223 1 year ago

in progress

IMG_6267 (resized).JPGIMG_6267 (resized).JPG

#1224 1 year ago

Pro v1.11 Link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bv5pnc620eyt0o0/gotg111-mypinballs-v121.img?dl=0

Donations welcome. Please do not under estimate the time and effort these things take, spent most of yesterday working on this
--> mypinballs.com and click donate ..

Please let me know if all looks good and then I will create the le version. cleland can then use these 2 files to make his versions to

#1225 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Pro v1.11 Link
Donations welcome. Please do not under estimate the time and effort these things take, spent most of yesterday working on this
Please let me know if all looks good and then I will create the le version. cleland can then use these 2 files to make his versions to

What do your versions do? I bought a machine with Cleland 1.09 already on it. So, that's all I've really ever known. Thanks!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1226 1 year ago

What do your versions do? I bought a machine with Cleland 1.09 already on it. So, that's all I've really ever known. Thanks!

See here for the details. 12 unique songs , all movies speech, various adjustment setting changes

mypinballs.com/software/gotg

Also, The creation of the cleland v1.09 updates was based on my v1.09 version as the v1.11 will be to , because I worked out how to automate the 800 movie speech call update process. Before this the time involved to update was too involved and that’s why there was a long gap before updates happened >v1.06

#1227 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

See here for the details. 12 unique songs , all movies speech, various adjustment setting changes
Also, The creation of the cleland v1.09 updates was based on my v1.09 version as the v1.11 will be to , because I worked out how to automate the 800 movie speech call update process. Before this the time involved to update was too involved and that’s why there was a long gap before updates happened >v1.06

Thank you!

#1228 1 year ago

@Applejuice, Will there be an LE version?

#1229 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

applejuice, Will there be an LE version?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/25#post-7482642

"Please let me know if all looks good and then I will create the le version."

#1230 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

applejuice Downloaded this and noticed off the bat, Quill's quest still has the default music, and screeches like some sound bit had bad encoding. Will report any other issues I'm experiencing

I noticed it updated node boards from the 1.09 code, so I likely can't roll back to the previous Cleland version

#1231 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

applejuice Downloaded this and noticed off the bat, Quill's quest still has the default music, and screeches like some sound bit had bad encoding. Will report any other issues I'm experiencing
I noticed it updated node boards from the 1.09 code, so I likely can't roll back to the previous Cleland version

My version only plays the songs out of mode. ie when the tape player is on screen. In mode it’s stock music.

Wait for the Cleland version if you want all the music in modes aswell

#1232 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

My version only plays the songs out of mode. ie when the tape player is on screen. In mode it’s stock music.
Wait for the Cleland version if you want all the music in modes aswell

Ahhh ok I was confused by which version. I was able to install my previous SD card that had v1.09 back in it and it rolled node boards firmware back and works without issue.

I would still check the encoding on some of those sound files however. There was some nasty screeching on some.

#1233 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Ahhh ok I was confused by which version. I was able to install my previous SD card that had v1.09 back in it and it rolled node boards firmware back and works without issue.
I would still check the encoding on some of those sound files however. There was some nasty screeching on some.

If there is screeching then its a pinball browser issue, the sound files used are the same as the v109 update i created. Do you have a list of what they were?

#1234 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

If there is screeching then its a pinball browser issue, the sound files used are the same as the v109 update i created. Do you have a list of what they were?

It was impossible to tell what the sound was supposed to be. I'm assuming they were call outs because the duration was only a few seconds.

#1235 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/25#post-7426351

Could that be the same Pinball Browser issue, that Pomc talked about here?

#1236 1 year ago

I only played a little but part way into quills quest there is a hiss instead of the intended audio. I'll edit this gonna go play stern version and see what it is.

#1237 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Pro v1.11 Link

You guys are awesome and I’m happy to make a donation. So just to confirm, this will work safely on the new node boards and it also has insider? My game is late 2022 build.

#1238 1 year ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

You guys are awesome and I’m happy to make a donation. So just to confirm, this will work safely on the new node boards and it also has insider? My game is late 2022 build.

Yes

#1239 1 year ago

I think there is static on certain samples for both GOTG and Stranger Things.
We need to wait for another updated version of Pinball Browser. The issue is Stern is using multiple audio codecs that rotate and are random.

#1240 1 year ago

LE version is now completed to.

The link is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tou0vp7z0c43xhc/gotg111le-mypinballs-v122.img?dl=0

This is the best I can do for now. I hope y'all appreciate the effort.

#1241 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

I think there is static on certain samples for both GOTG and Stranger Things.
We need to wait for another updated version of Pinball Browser. The issue is Stern is using multiple audio codecs that rotate and are random.

Yeah if pinball browser gets an update to address these static problems then i will run the Macros again. Now they are generated a future v1.11 re-update should not be too bad

#1242 1 year ago

So I just got the Insider Connected kit for my Pro, and updated to 1.11 after running Cleland's 1.09 version for a long time. MAN, I hate the default callouts and music. I am waiting anxiously for the Cleland update! I'm going to check out Applejuice's version until then, but I prefer the songs during the modes too. The pin is more "fun" when the classic music is playing.

#1243 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

So I just got the Insider Connected kit for my Pro, and updated to 1.11 after running Cleland's 1.09 version for a long time. MAN, I hate the default callouts and music. I am waiting anxiously for the Cleland update! I'm going to check out Applejuice's version until then, but I prefer the songs during the modes too. The pin is more "fun" when the classic music is playing.

Exact same situation here, but I'm waiting on Cleland version.

#1244 1 year ago

Exact same situation here, but I'm waiting on Cleland version.

Same here, awaiting Cleland's version as well

Tim

#1245 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

I’d much rather not have insider than not have cleland code.

1 week later
#1246 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Yeah if pinball browser gets an update to address these static problems then i will run the Macros again. Now they are generated a future v1.11 re-update should not be too bad

They indicated an update 6 days ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/106#post-7512131 or does this version still not resolve static issue? Curious if it does, then we may have a useable 1.11 GOTG image? I hope this version works, fingers crossed

Tim

#1247 1 year ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

They indicated an update 6 days ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/106#post-7512131 or does this version still not resolve static issue? Curious if it does, then we may have a useable 1.11 GOTG image? I hope this version works, fingers crossed
Tim

No. You’re not getting 1.11 with movie dialogue because of the static issue.

There’s 1.11 available with custom music that works great. No movie dialogue (which is way better turned off anyway).

#1248 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

So if you're expecting a 1.11 code update with movie dialogue to replace the game's fake movie dialogue.....you may be disappointed or in for a long wait. Or you may get an update but not every movie line was replaced. Stranger Things has this issue.

Quoted from PoMC:

That’s cool. I don’t even have the game anymore. Just felt like releasing an update for everyone.

Quoted from PoMC:

It’s fine. I make my own code versions and share my 1.11 versions with no issues reported from anyone.

Quoted from PoMC:

No. You’re not getting 1.11 with movie dialogue because of the static issue.
There’s 1.11 available with custom music that works great. No movie dialogue (which is way better turned off anyway).

We get it ... you made your own version that doesn't have the movie dialogue. You already have a separate thread for your version. This is the thread for Cleland's code with the movie dialog, which is the only version many of us who come to this thread are interested in.

I'd guess most of us also aren't interested in 1.11 code with static/screeching in it. Some of us still are running the old version and don't want to update except for a new version of the Cleland code. It would be great if we could keep this thread focused on that.

#1249 1 year ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

Tim

My v1.11 macros are generated for both pro and le, so once pinball browser resolves the new codec problems, i *should* be able to rerun everything and generate new files which cleland will then use to make his update from

Until then stay at v1.09

#1250 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

We get it ... you made your own version that doesn't have the movie dialogue. You already have a separate thread for your version. This is the thread for Cleland's code with the movie dialog, which is the only version many of us who come to this thread are interested in.
I'd guess most of us also aren't interested in 1.11 code with static/screeching in it. Some of us still are running the old version and don't want to update except for a new version of the Cleland code. It would be great if we could keep this thread focused on that.

Not everyone reads everything on Pinside. Believe me I’ve had plenty of people see my post and then ask for it because they didn’t know it was available.

What do you care? No one is making money off of these custom code mods. Do you think I am taking money out of clelands family’s mouth or something by offering my code as well? Lol if you do.

We do it because we enjoy it and I don’t even have the lame fucking game anymore and I’m still updating it for anyone who wants it.

Don’t know why you wasted your time browsing through my quotes to repost them?

Pinside has a nice blocking feature and feel free to block me if my occasional posts upset you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/25?hl=theshaft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.