2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 29.
#1101 1 year ago
Quoted from polocrx2003:

ebrad90 Same I'm receiving my cab on Tuesday and would like the 1.09 code, if someone would DM me I would gladly appreciate it. I would definitely donate to cleland for all the work that he has done for this mod.

Pm cleland and and he will send it to you.

That reminds me I need to donate to him because he sent it to me a few days ago!

#1102 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Pm cleland and and he will send it to you.
That reminds me I need to donate to him because he sent it to me a few days ago!

He did with all the instructions. Thanks again cleland

#1103 1 year ago

I just messaged him too

#1104 1 year ago

any instructions to help me get the game code flashed or properly installed on my sd card?

I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly. Cleland said to flash it using Balena program but when I try to do that it says I need a password.

not sure what to do... help

****UPDATE***

got it figured out!

Code is amazing!

#1105 1 year ago

Is there anyone that could dm me the 1.09 Cleland code. I’m waiting to hear back from Cleland, but if in the meantime if someone has it that would be appreciated! Just got my NIB game a couple days ago and was hoping to get the new code. Obviously would like to send him a donation for the code as I couldn't imagine the time involved in creating it but was hoping to get it installed and get flipping on it. Also any kind of instructions would be appreciated as well as I haven't done this process on any of my other games.

Thanks and flip on my friends!

#1106 1 year ago

Never switched out code before. So I already have the 1.09 code downloaded on an sd card so when my pro arrives this week with 1.11, would I just need to switch out the sd cards with the power off. When the new sd card is in and the machine is on do you need to do anything else in the menu section?

#1107 1 year ago
Quoted from TyleroftheNorth:

Is there anyone that could dm me the 1.09 Cleland code. I’m waiting to hear back from Cleland, but if in the meantime if someone has it that would be appreciated! Just got my NIB game a couple days ago and was hoping to get the new code. Obviously would like to send him a donation for the code as I couldn't imagine the time involved in creating it but was hoping to get it installed and get flipping on it. Also any kind of instructions would be appreciated as well as I haven't done this process on any of my other games.
Thanks and flip on my friends!

Message the man himself. He's on this thread

#1108 1 year ago

Do we know if latest code is modable like the others? IE it's justa matter of time until Cleland can get the latest rom done?

#1109 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Do we know if latest code is modable like the others? IE it's justa matter of time until Cleland can get the latest rom done?

Pinball-Browser isn't currently compatible with later than v1.09, so not yet.

#1110 1 year ago

So a nib from the current run can run the 1.09 code if downloaded?

#1111 1 year ago

Yes.

#1112 1 year ago

Thanks to Cleland for all the hard work and sharing his creation with us. Will be headed home tonight from a couple days away at work to get it put on my new Guardians and it feels a lot like Christmas!

#1113 1 year ago

Just wanted to point something out to anyone installing the Cleland code.

You DO NOT need to download the 1.09 code separately to add that to your game before you install cleland code.

When you install the Cleland code 1.09 will get installed automatically with his code.

Hope this helps.

#1114 1 year ago

Hey guys, I've been away from Pinball the last few weeks. I have been sending out links, but want to verify my 1.09 image is working on these last run of games right? Even though they shipped with 1.11 you should be able to flash the 1.09 image and replace the SD card. I'll update to 1.11 as soon as Pinball browser can open the image.

#1115 1 year ago

Youre awesome btw

#1116 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Hey guys, I've been away from Pinball the last few weeks. I have been sending out links, but want to verify my 1.09 image is working on these last run of games right? Even though they shipped with 1.11 you should be able to flash the 1.09 image and replace the SD card. I'll update to 1.11 as soon as Pinball browser can open the image.

Yes it works great.
It’s Awesome, thanks!!!

#1117 1 year ago

Just used it on my very late sept. pro and works great! Any opinions on version 1 vs version 2 of cleland's code as a preference?

#1118 1 year ago

I prefer V1 to V2, it's not even close. For some reason, V2 didn't seem to fit for me personally. I immediately went back to the original code. Tonight I decided to give V1 a try and it's great.

Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Just used it on my very late sept. pro and works great! Any opinions on version 1 vs version 2 of cleland's code as a preference?

#1119 1 year ago

I want to try this code for this game because I just got a last run GOTG and I hate the stock music so much, along with the poorly acted movie quotes and horrible voices.
HELP!

#1120 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:I want to try this code for this game because I just got a last run GOTG and I hate the stock music so much, along with the poorly acted movie quotes and horrible voices.
HELP!

Pm’d

#1121 1 year ago

Very excited to see the update got done. Bought a NIB and just missed the 1.06 version so we couldn't use the original cleland mod. Been away for a few months and just getting back to this. I pm'd cleland for the file but can anyone tell me how to donate to him, and applejuice as well, for all their work on this. Thanks!

#1122 1 year ago
Quoted from wbloss:

Very excited to see the update got done. Bought a NIB and just missed the 1.06 version so we couldn't use the original cleland mod. Been away for a few months and just getting back to this. I pm'd cleland for the file but can anyone tell me how to donate to him, and applejuice as well, for all their work on this. Thanks!

PM sent. Now we just have to wait for Pinball Browser to be updated to open what should be the final 1.11 code and apple juice and I can be done with this project

#1123 1 year ago

Can anyone hook me up with the most recent cleland code for GOTG with instructions ? I PM cleland but have not heard anything back yet.

Thanks !

#1124 1 year ago
Quoted from wbloss:

Hi, Thanks for the post. You can donate to me here:

https://www.mypinballs.com/software/gotg/

or from my main home page to

https://www.mypinballs.com

#1125 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

PM sent. Now we just have to wait for Pinball Browser to be updated to open what should be the final 1.11 code and apple juice and I can be done with this project

Indeed my friend. Stern keep on bringing out those damn updates ha ha ha

Time to crack open my sound macro generator again once pinbrowser gets an update!

1 week later
#1126 1 year ago

GOTG is our very first pin; received n.I.b. less than a week ago from the latest production run. We’re loving it, but am very interested in trying this mod based on all the glowing reviews. I’ll be watching here for the updated version.

#1127 1 year ago
Quoted from Zuul:

GOTG is our very first pin; received n.I.b. less than a week ago from the latest production run. We’re loving it, but am very interested in trying this mod based on all the glowing reviews. I’ll be watching here for the updated version.

You can run the 1.09 code on the new run games.

#1128 1 year ago

Hey guys just also got a last run gotg. Where do I get the 1.09 sound mod? Its a must have by all accounts. Thanks again.

#1129 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

Hey guys just also got a last run gotg. Where do I get the 1.09 sound mod? Its a must have by all accounts. Thanks again.

PM cleland and ask him to send you a link to download it.

#1130 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

PM cleland and ask him to send you a link to download it.

Great pm'd him. Thanks for that.

1 week later
#1131 1 year ago

Luckily at the end of December if there is no problem I will join the club again. My question is if, having the cleland code installed, can the insider connector be used without a problem? Cheers

#1132 1 year ago

I have a GoTG from the September 2022 production run that shipped with IC and 1.11 code. Cleland's 1.09 code works fine with IC. You just don't get the DJ mixer and home team features.

#1133 1 year ago

Ok!!!! Perfect !!!!!I wrote to cleland so that he could send me the mod code... I have to find out how to install it and what type of card to buy.

#1134 1 year ago

Has anybody upgraded the speakers on this game?
I am just starting to enjoy it and it might turn the corner for me if the sound quality improves a little.
I am not sure if the mix will allow for the sound to shine, so I am wondering if it worth the effort?

I am thinking going the diy route as in the thread for started by another pinsider where he emulates other off the shelve solutions at 1/3 of the cost.

Anyway, send me / us your feedback if you have done this mod to the game.
I am really curious.

Thanks!
Ps if this succeeds then I might keep the game and will send Cleland a donation as well! I am liking the music in this pin.

Cheers

#1135 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Has anybody upgraded the speakers on this game?
I am just starting to enjoy it and it might turn the corner for me if the sound quality improves a little.
I am not sure if the mix will allow for the sound to shine, so I am wondering if it worth the effort?
I am thinking going the diy route as in the thread for started by another pinsider where he emulates other off the shelve solutions at 1/3 of the cost.
Anyway, send me / us your feedback if you have done this mod to the game.
I am really curious.
Thanks!
Ps if this succeeds then I might keep the game and will send Cleland a donation as well! I am liking the music in this pin.
Cheers

I replaced to cabinet with the Boss CXX8 ($35) and the back box with 4-inch Kickers. ($60/pair)

#1136 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I replaced to cabinet with the Boss CXX8 ($35) and the back box with 4-inch Kickers. ($60/pair)

How is the sound quality in the game after this?
I am planning on adding a sub and amp as well.

#1137 1 year ago

I installed this kit in my game tonight.

https://www.pinballlife.com/rgb-led-round-speaker-upgrade-and-light-kit-for-most-stern-spike-2-pro-premium-machines.html

Much clearer and punchier than stock and you get the look of the LE. Installed these on my Maiden as well. Big difference on a music pin too.

Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
#1138 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

https://www.pinballlife.com/rgb-led-round-speaker-upgrade-and-light-kit-for-most-stern-spike-2-pro-premium-machines.html
Much clearer and punchier than stock and you get the look of the LE. Installed these on my Maiden as well. Big difference on a music pin too.
[quoted image]

We have the same pins.
I am planning on doing these upgrades to this 2 as well because the music is good (gotg needs cleland).
That said I am still on the fence on gotg so wont drop any money on it just yet.
I am about to get into 3d printing and planning on doing the uogrades as per the other thread with the recommended speakers (supposedly better than these).
But I am sure these are also great!

#1139 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

We have the same pins.
I am planning on doing these upgrades to this 2 as well because the music is good (gotg needs cleland).
That said I am still on the fence on gotg so wont drop any money on it just yet.
I am about to get into 3d printing and planning on doing the uogrades as per the other thread with the recommended speakers (supposedly better than these).
But I am sure these are also great!

Both great games in my opinion. I have made a 3d model for the acrylic piece that sits between the grill and the backet for the speaker lights. If you get into 3d printing, I can send you the 3d model. Allows you to choose your accent color. I did these for my gz before I sold it. Acrylic versions sell for way too much online.

Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
#1140 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

[quoted image]

Just purchased. Thanks for the recommendation

1 week later
#1141 1 year ago

Hello All, i just got my NIB Gotg Pro, thanks to cleland for sending links, but after switching SD cards, it keeps booting again and again, i just see GOTG screen, then STERN initializing screen and so on.

Anybody have an idea?

32 Go high speed SD card, flashing with balena

#1142 1 year ago
Quoted from wattrider:

Hello All, i just got my NIB Gotg Pro, thanks to cleland for sending links, but after switching SD cards, it keeps booting again and again, i just see GOTG screen, then STERN initializing screen and so on.
Anybody have an idea?

If you put the factory card back in does it boot properly? If so I'd say you didn't burn the cleland card correctly.

#1143 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

If you put the factory card back in does it boot properly? If so I'd say you didn't burn the cleland card correctly.

Yes, i tried with 3 different cards, v1 and v2

#1144 1 year ago
Quoted from wattrider:

As bobukcat stated you probably aren't burning the card correctly. If you tell us what kind of computer you used and how you burned the card someone might be a able to help.

#1145 1 year ago
Quoted from wattrider:

Put the SD card back in your computer and show us a screenshot of the directory of the card.

#1146 1 year ago

Can I please have a link to the latest code for the latest run of machines 1.09?

Thanks!

#1147 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

As bobukcat stated you probably aren't burning the card correctly. If you tell us what kind of computer you used and how you burned the card someone might be a able to help.

Windows, i used the soft Balena as Cleland ask, there is no specific option in this soft

#1148 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Put the SD card back in your computer and show us a screenshot of the directory of the card.

2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
#1149 1 year ago
Quoted from Jfed:

Can I please have a link to the latest code for the latest run of machines 1.09?
Thanks!

PM Cleland

#1150 1 year ago
Quoted from wattrider:

Anybody have an idea?

Bro the same thing happens to me and has been forever. Very frustrating. Is yours an old game? Mine shipped with 1.06 originally. Just curious.

Also I am positive in my case anyways I am doing everything right I've done dozens of flashes this way including stranger things and jp and it only happens with this . I have tried multiple different cards, different versions of balena, different card, everything I could think of. Maybe I'll format my computer and reinstall everything and try again.

I'm jealous of ppl about to run this, it's really good. :/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/23?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.