2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 29.
#1051 1 year ago

Great News, iam really looking forward to install the New Code on my gotg pro.

#1052 1 year ago

Im also looking forward to getting this loaded up. I just need a new SD card. Question about the insider connect with the new code. Will it be able to hook up to the internet and receive updates for IC with the custom code installed?

#1053 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Im also looking forward to getting this loaded up. I just need a new SD card. Question about the insider connect with the new code. Will it be able to hook up to the internet and receive updates for IC with the custom code installed?

Insider Connected is working fine with my modified Stranger Things Images, so I don't see why not.
Thanks to applejuice I'll be testing my version on my pro in a couple of hours

#1054 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Insider Connected is working fine with my modified Stranger Things Images, so I don't see why not.
Thanks to applejuice I'll be testing my version on my pro in a couple of hours

Sounds good. I'm really looking forward to the new code.

#1055 1 year ago

just don't allow it to auto update if stern for some reason releases one last version of the software

#1056 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

just don't allow it to auto update if stern for some reason releases one last version of the software

Can the auto update be turned off?

#1057 1 year ago

Has anyone tested these sound packages on the new node boards?

#1058 1 year ago
Quoted from red-line:

Has anyone tested these sound packages on the new node boards?

Node board control will be the same as any stock v109 . That was one of the reasons to do all this work ie allow newer built games to run the custom call outs

#1059 1 year ago

I'm happy to report my versions for GOTG 1.09 are posted and ready for the masses. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you the info.

I have decided to offer two versions of my sound package for 1.09 (for both Pro and LE/Premium).

V1 have stock music in the inbetween modes (these are 10-15 second loop banks for the 8 modes)
V2 have music loops from both volumes of the movie. If you let your ball idle, the loops can be repetative if you don't plunge quickly. I myself like these loops, but you have the option of either.

Big thanks to applejuice for moving all of my original movie call outs over to 1.09. Without his macro and expertise, it would have taken dozens of hours to port over.

Thanks, and enjoy!

#1060 1 year ago

Great as I was thinking about rejoining in the upcoming run but didn’t want to if their wasn’t this code. Thanks guys. Also does Insider work with this?

#1061 1 year ago

Yes, Insider Connected is working but you might want to turn off auto updates in case Stern wants to push new code via the internet.

#1062 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'm happy to report my versions for GOTG 1.09 are posted and ready for the masses. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you the info.
I have decided to offer two versions of my sound package for 1.09 (for both Pro and LE/Premium).
V1 have stock music in the inbetween modes (these are 10-15 second loop banks for the 8 modes)
V2 have music loops from both volumes of the movie. If you let your ball idle, the loops can be repetative if you don't plunge quickly. I myself like these loops, but you have the option of either.
Big thanks to applejuice for moving all of my original movie call outs over to 1.09. Without his macro and expertise, it would have taken dozens of hours to port over.
Thanks, and enjoy!

Glad I was able to help sort this out. I think we can call this a wrap, until the next update

#1063 1 year ago

So, all tests completed and no issues reported. Here are the v109 links for my version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wo4iybcnyr6x33a/gotg109-mypinballs-v120.img?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/95e5kifa0zlse6b/gotg109le-mypinballs-v120.img?raw=1

Also, as been asked a few times now, If you would like to reward my effort in sorting the v109 update out and support my pinball business generally see here for a donate button:

https://mypinballs.com/software/gotg

#1064 1 year ago

Giving my friend his GOTG back this weekend, so I'm done having my fun with the game and customizing the code. Played a few final games on it last night. Can't say I'll miss it, something about the game just didn't connect with me.

I still think you guys are nuts for wanting to listen to movie quotes when playing.

#1065 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Giving my friend his GOTG back this weekend, so I'm done having my fun with the game and customizing the code. Played a few final games on it last night. Can't say I'll miss it, something about the game just didn't connect with me.
I still think you guys are nuts for wanting to listen to movie quotes when playing.

I was thinking the same for wanting to turn the speech off, each to their own..

#1066 1 year ago

Hurray for the return of good music! Nice job people, thank you. Did this affect ball save time? Seems longer now.

#1067 1 year ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Hurray for the return of good music! Nice job people, thank you. Did this affect ball save time? Seems longer now.

It did, Juice's code changes a few factory settings including ball save. See the GOTG owners thread for the list of changes.

3 weeks later
#1068 1 year ago

I have a friend who has a newer GOTG Pro with the newer node boards 8/9. He installed an SD card with Cleland 1.06 code and the game flashed the node boards and node boards 8/9 no longer worked whis is expected based on Stern's comments in the reade.txt file for v1.08 and 1.09.

The question is when Stern says "the node boards will no longer work" if pre 1.08 is used, does this mean they are permanently damaged or should they start working again when a SD card with factory v1.08/1.09 is inserted into the game?

He tried creating a new v1.09 SD card using the image from Stern and the game boots fine but node boards 8/9 are not initializing.

Any info as to whether these node boards 8/9 need to be replaced or if there is a way to recover them to work on v1.09 would be greatly appreciated.

#1069 1 year ago
Quoted from jaimmy127:

I have a friend who has a newer GOTG Pro with the newer node boards 8/9. He installed an SD card with Cleland 1.06 code and the game flashed the node boards and node boards 8/9 no longer worked whis is expected based on Stern's comments in the reade.txt file for v1.08 and 1.09.
The question is when Stern says "the node boards will no longer work" if pre 1.08 is used, does this mean they are permanently damaged or should they start working again when a SD card with factory v1.08/1.09 is inserted into the game?
He tried creating a new v1.09 SD card using the image from Stern and the game boots fine but node boards 8/9 are not initializing.
Any info as to whether these node boards 8/9 need to be replaced or if there is a way to recover them to work on v1.09 would be greatly appreciated.

Your friend needs to use my new 1.09 update for his game. 1.06 will not work on the newer node boards. I'll PM you now.

#1070 1 year ago
Quoted from jaimmy127:

I was told by a stern support person that once you flash the new node boards with the old code you are hosed. They can't update to the correct firmware. That warning has been all over this thread.

#1071 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I was told by a stern support person that once you flash the new node boards with the old code you are hosed. They can't update to the correct firmware. That warning has been all over this thread.

Does Stern offer any type of replacement node via repair / warranty?

#1072 1 year ago
Quoted from jaimmy127:

They warned everyone not to flash old code on newer node boards due to some hardware changes and different microcode involved, but to your friend's credit, his situation MAY be the first documented case on this site of an attempt to flash the old code which actually rendered the node boards useless. Previously it was not clear if this simply rendered the boards inoperable until the right code was re-flashed, or if loading the old code actually bricked the node boards. I think it's now safe to say now... that loading old code is not recoverable!

(If under warranty, they may be willing to swap the node boards at Stern service, but they probably don't want to know anything about 'custom code' or 'unauthorized code' being tried).

#1073 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

They warned everyone not to flash old code on newer node boards, but to your friend's credit, his situation MAY be the first documented case on this site of an attempt to flash the old code which actually rendered the node boards useless. Previously it was not clear if this was a recoverable situation or not. I think it's now safe to say... NOT!

2jlz4j (resized).jpg2jlz4j (resized).jpg
#1074 1 year ago
Quoted from jaimmy127:

Did the node boards end up working after the v1.09 code? Just curious. Been wanting to do Cleland code on my AIQ but figure I would end up screwing things up.

#1075 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Did the node boards end up working after the v1.09 code? Just curious. Been wanting to do Cleland code on my AIQ but figure I would end up screwing things up.

I am running the new 1.09 and Cleland code and alls is good on my pro, also I have and am running insider connect with no issues

#1076 1 year ago

I am running the new 1.09 and Cleland code and alls is good on my pro, also I have and am running insider connect with no issues

Awesome.

1 week later
#1077 1 year ago

Looks like stern dropped new code last night, anyone know if it will work with Clelands 1.09 code?

#1078 1 year ago

Looks like stern dropped new code last night, anyone know if it will work with Clelands 1.09 code?

Cleland would need to rebuild his edits on top of the new 1.10 gamecode. Using Stern's new 1.10 gamecode will revert the machine to factory audio. (Pinball browser will need to support 1.10 first and then cleland will need to spend time updating the gamecode to his version of the audio tracks)

#1079 1 year ago

Thanks what I was thinking. I'll keep them 1.09 Cleland. The machine is 100 times better to play with his code.

#1080 1 year ago

Yeah, and I don't feel motivated to try and port over my changes just for Insider Connect features I don't use.

#1081 1 year ago

Who want to sell his topper for 1200 bux? Pm me

#1082 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Yeah, and I don't feel motivated to try and port over my changes just for Insider Connect features I don't use.

Question if the new game comes that is being built in September with code 1.10 will I still be able to use the cleland 1.09 code? I have it already to go on the SD card but now I am bumming cuz I am not sure it would work with the run of games In September

#1083 1 year ago

The only thing tempting is the DJ Mixer mode. I'm curious about which songs are included, but I don't want to give up the Cleland soundtrack either.

#1084 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

Question if the new game comes that is being built in September with code 1.10 will I still be able to use the cleland 1.09 code? I have it already to go on the SD card but now I am bumming cuz I am not sure it would work with the run of games In September

A september build machine will likely have the new NODE boards that require the new microcode, but that new microcode exists in V1.09 and v1.10. You should be able to use them interchangeably (but don't go any furthar backward in gamecode version number unless you want a whole new kind of experience with Stern customer service).

#1085 1 year ago

A september build machine will likely have the new NODE boards that require the new microcode, but that new microcode exists in V1.09 and v1.10. You should be able to use them interchangeably (but don't go any furthar backward in gamecode version number unless you want a whole new kind of experience with Stern customer service).

Good to know! I really want to use the cleland code so I was worried when this new code came out

1 week later
#1086 1 year ago

So would I be correct in my thinking that when I got my new September run Guardians with 1.10 I would follow the steps just as instructed for the 1.09 code and all should be ok to install as directions stated?

I'm definitely what you would consider wet behind the ears in the hobby and I was a little concerned due to the fact that adding custom sound is totally new to me but after seeing the gameplay it seems like a complete game changer and a must so thought I'd give it a attempt. That being said of course I knew nothing about it and read through the 22 pages of posts and got some comfort with the whole idea of doing it. So I got my SD card all loaded up with 1.09 sound package from AJ and just waiting for the arrival of my Guardians and now it appears we will be getting a machine with 1.10. Now if I understand things correctly the problem with 1.06 to 1.09 was that they changed/updated NODE boards and that caused some serious hurdles in regards to hardware. So will the uploaded 1.09 code still mesh as the difference between 1.09 and 1.10 was just programming and the sound from SD card simply goes over top of gameplay?

Thanks

1 week later
#1087 1 year ago
Quoted from TyleroftheNorth:

So would I be correct in my thinking that when I got my new September run Guardians with 1.10 I would follow the steps just as instructed for the 1.09 code and all should be ok to install as directions stated?
I'm definitely what you would consider wet behind the ears in the hobby and I was a little concerned due to the fact that adding custom sound is totally new to me but after seeing the gameplay it seems like a complete game changer and a must so thought I'd give it a attempt. That being said of course I knew nothing about it and read through the 22 pages of posts and got some comfort with the whole idea of doing it. So I got my SD card all loaded up with 1.09 sound package from AJ and just waiting for the arrival of my Guardians and now it appears we will be getting a machine with 1.10. Now if I understand things correctly the problem with 1.06 to 1.09 was that they changed/updated NODE boards and that caused some serious hurdles in regards to hardware. So will the uploaded 1.09 code still mesh as the difference between 1.09 and 1.10 was just programming and the sound from SD card simply goes over top of gameplay?
Thanks

I had the same fears… will u let us know that everything is good on your new pin when it arrives?

2 weeks later
#1088 1 year ago

I have tried different codes from the links above and each one I use in the pin I try and start the game and keeps saying Locating Balls and keeps cycling. I put my original SD card back in and everything works as should. What am I doing wrong?

#1089 1 year ago

Looking forward to my sept release and praying to the pinball gods the 1.09 code works. Loved it on my OG guardians! Thanks once more to everyone who’s kept this outstanding mod alive

#1090 1 year ago
Quoted from mattchester001:

I have tried different codes from the links above and each one I use in the pin I try and start the game and keeps saying Locating Balls and keeps cycling. I put my original SD card back in and everything works as should. What am I doing wrong?

I have had this before. I was able to buy a new SD card and it worked. As soon as I put the other SD card in the issue would start again.

Try a brand-new SD card

#1091 1 year ago

Anyone know the difference between 1.06 and 1.09? Stern's not showing gamecode updates anymore (just 1.10). The reason I ask is I'm running the custom 1.06 code and curious what I'll be getting upgrading to 1.09

#1092 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Anyone know the difference between 1.06 and 1.09? Stern's not showing gamecode updates anymore (just 1.10). The reason I ask is I'm running the custom 1.06 code and curious what I'll be getting upgrading to 1.09

There are some major differences between 1.10 and 1.06, so here is 1.10, 1.09, 1.08 and 1.07 additions from the release notes:

LE/PRE V1.10 - July 29, 2022
=====================

- STERN INSIDER CONNECTED
Home Team
The Home Team features allows Insider Connected players to log in
and play without scanning their QR code.
When the game is registered to a home location and set to Free Play,
Home Team can be enabled via Standard Adjust #51 or from Guided Setup.
Up to 8 players can be added to the Home Team from the Stern Insider
Connected Setup menu.
The Home Team can be shared across all games registered at the game's
location by enabling the Home Team Standard Adjustment on each game.
Players need only be added once to the Home Team. Players can be
later removed from the Home Team, and guests can be temporarily
added to the Home Team.
Find out more about Home Team at http://insider.sternpinball.com.
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.00.0
- Correct the replay score boost when Standard Adjustment REPLAY TYPE is set to DYNAMIC.
All REPLAY LEVELS for all players are potentially immediately incremented instead of only replay level 1.
- Correct Standard Adjustment FREE PLAY LIMIT. Previously this adjustment would not be honored
in all circumstances. FREE PLAY LIMIT sets the maximum number of free games which a
player can win during a game. Once the FREE PLAY LIMIT is reached, a player will not receive
a free game from:
a REPLAY level (if REPLAY AWARD is set to CREDIT)
a SPECIAL (if SPECIAL AWARD is set to CREDIT)
Grand Champion/High Score (if HIGH SCORE AWARD is set to CREDIT
a match (if MATCH AWARD is set to CREDIT)
- The default setting for FREE PLAY LIMIT is 5 games (per player per game played).
NOTE setting the FREE PLAY LIMIT to a value less than the number of REPLAY LEVELS
will decrease the number of REPLAY levels available.
- Fixed redundant sound effects when scanning into Insider Connected in some
instances.
- Added Standard Audit "Total Power On Time". This is a lifetime audit of the
hours, minutes, seconds the machine has been powered on. This lifetime audit
will start accumulating with this update.
- Added the ability to unregister a machine via the Stern Insider Connected menu.
A machine must be unregistered from an Insider Connected account prior to being
added to a new account. Highlighting and selecting "Yes, unregister this game."
will unregister the game from your account.
- Stern Insider Connect Setup Screens:
IP, network name, and Wi-Fi signal strength displayed in top corners of display.
- Added Net->About->Events page
This page will display:
The current date and time
The date and time the game was recently powered on
The play count since powered on
The coin count since powered on
The paid credit count since powered on
The service credit count since powered on
The coin door open count since powered on
The tilt count since powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered off
The lifetime power on count
- Update the factory default value of "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "FREE PLAY ONLY".
- Update Install Competition: set "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "NEVER".
- Added new Standard Adjustment "COIN ACCEPTOR" whose value can be "MECHANICAL" or "ELECTRONIC", and
default value is "MECHANICAL". This adjustment is only available when the Country is set to Italy
and Free Play is set to No.
The coin door for Italy with a MECHANICAL acceptor is configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 0.10
right coin switch: EUR 0.50
4th coin switch: EUR 0.10
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0
The coin door for Italy with a Electronic acceptor is configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 1.00
right coin switch: EUR 2.00
4th coin switch: EUR 0.20
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0
- Guided Setup
Added "Coin Acceptor" setting, only available when Country is set to Italy and "Free Play" is No.
Hide "Game Pricing" when "Free Play" is set to Yes.
Add translation strings for some top level selections.
- Fixed game reboot issue at power on with coin door interlock switch in the open position.
- Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name and green check mark with
Verified Location if the machine is registered to a pro account.
- Added a "DJ Mixer" music player to the game play mode menu that appears in
the attract mode.
- To start, hold in both flipper buttons. When the GAME PLAY MODE MENU appears
use the flipper buttons to navigate the DJ MIXER player, use the
START BUTTON to enter your selection.
- Use buttons to control the player
- LEFT BUTTON will restart the current tune. It will go to the previous
song if pressed near the start of a song.
- RIGHT BUTTON will move to the next song.
- The LOCKDOWN BAR BUTTON will exit the DJ MIXER.
- The START BUTTON will exit the DJ MIXER.
- Both flipper buttons will Pause or un-pause the mode. After some time,
while paused, the DJ MIXER will automatically end.
- There are three new adjustments in the STANDARD ADJUSTMENTS for this:
- PLAYER DJ MIXER MODE - Default = YES
- NO - Do not include in the GAME PLAY MENU
- YES - Include in the GAME PLAY MENU
- DJ MIXER PLAYLIST MODE - Default = ORDERED PLAYBACK
- ORDERED PLAYBACK - play songs in order
- SHUFFLE PLAYBACK - play songs in a random order
- DJ MIXER PLAYLIST REPEAT - Default = YES
- NO - Return to the attract mode when the playlist ends.
- YES - Restart the playlist when it ends.
- The game must be in FREE PLAY to use the DJ MIXER
- Removed left flipper competition mode select (superseded by both flippers for game mode menu)
and replaced default game mode menu with a game specific menu.
- Added adjustments to change the strength of the flippers.
- Fixed a bug where the number of credits were not being updated/displayed immediately in the attract mode.
- Changed the debounce timing on coin switches.

LE/PRE V1.09 - December 15, 2021
=====================

- STERN INSIDER CONNECTED
- The game can have a connectivity kit installed and be connected to
STERN INSIDER CONNECTED.
- Once connected you can log in and start earning Achievements.
- To login in hold your QR code over the scanner. When you see you are
logged in just push start. By default, the game will automatically start
the game for everyone that is logged in with one button press.
- Before you press start, while the login screen is up, the current player
can use the flipper buttons to move which player position that will be.
- After the game, by default, players will have a few seconds to press
start and all stay logged in. The game will start all games with one
press of the start button.
- Added Achievements -
- There are 70 achievements you can earn if you are logged in.
- Achievements will pop up after you have received them as soon as they
can. Also, they are seen at the start of end of ball bonus if you
received any that ball.
- You can see all the achievements and how they are earned in instant
info or on the web site insider.sternpinball.com
- Your username will displace PLAYER # in the main score frame.
- If you are logged in your high score entry will default to your initials.
You will still be able to change them.

- Fixed a bug where the game didn't award a Super Skill Shot upon hitting the
Orb Target.
- Fixed a bug where the Game Over music didn't start at the end of game play.
- Now the balls are released immediately out of Groot's mouth at game over
when the match adjustment is set to OFF.
- Fixed a problem in Quills Quest 2 where the Quills Bounty/Treasure Connectivity
Awards were not being chalked correctly.
- Now the Groot Multiball Super Jackpot awards 6,250,000 points.
- Added credits/pricing to all attract mode display screens.
- Changed the size/position of player scores that are shown at the bottom of
the display during game play.
- Added a PowerUp/Boot screen Display Effect.

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.81.0
- Added Standard Adjustment "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS" to allow dimming of LCD display.
- Added adjustments for Login and Play Again display timers:
"INSIDER LOGIN TIMER" - Login screen timeout (Default 30 seconds)
"INSIDER PLAY AGAIN TIMER" - Play Again screen timeout (Default 20 seconds)
- GAME RESTART behavior:
Holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will follow
the "START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" adjustment.
If ("GAME RESTART" == "YES") and ("START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" == "ALL LOGGED IN")
holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will restart the game for as many
players as is necessary to accommodate the users that are logged in.
If there are not enough credits to restart the game for the necessary number
of players, the game will not be restarted.
- Address Insider Connected game registration corner cases.
- Upon entering the Service Menu for the first time after a software update, a screen
will display the game and system version numbers. This screen will be displayed
for a minimum of 1 second, and is dismissed by the enter button. This replaces
the dots display previous shown at power on after an update.
- LOGIN behavior:
* When a user logs in during a game in progress and the player up slot
is occupied, assign the user in the first open slot from lowest
player to the highest player.
* When a user joins a game in progress, award achievements that were
earned up to that point.
* When user authorization failure, remove the user from the session.
- Added audits for connectivity games and scanner use
"CONNECTIVITY USERS SCANNED" - display the number successful user QR code scans
"CONNECTIVITY USERS JOINED" - display the number of users that joined a connected game.
"1 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 1 logged-in users
"2 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 2 logged-in users
"3 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 3 logged-in users
"4 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 4 logged-in users
"ACHIEVEMENTS GIVEN" - display the number of achievements awarded
- Connectivity support for Spike 2 games.
- Adjustment: "START BUTTON BEHAVIOR"
"SINGLE CREDIT" - One start button press will start a one player game.
"ALL LOGGED IN" - One start button press will start games for enough players
to accommodate all logged-in users (Default).

LE/PRE V1.08 - July 27, 2021
=====================

* NOTE: The current production of Guardians of the Galaxy (GOTG) uses core nodes
(address 8 and 9) with a new electronics component. These core nodes require
firmware version 0.51.0 or later. The GOTG software has been updated to V1.08
with this support. The previous version V1.07 (from 6/28/19) does NOT support
the new node board. If someone DOWNGRADES their new game from 1.08 to 1.07
these newer node boards will no longer work.

- Corrected the text for the "Sixth" coin slot.

- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.74.0
- Added Standard Audit "Total Power Ons" which will display the number of
time the machine has been power cycled (Spike2 only). This audit was added in
system 2.45 and is not included for display.
- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.
- Update HSTD RESET COUNT adjustment to increment/decrement by 100s when >= 100 and
by 10s when < 100.
- When starting a game ramp the backbox GI from "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".
- When ending a game ramp the backbox GI from "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".
- New Standard Adjustment "START BUTTON ATTRACT MODE ILLUM."
This adjustment, which is only available and active when the game is in FREE PLAY mode, controls
the behavior of the Start Button Light.
Values are:
"ALWAYS OFF" - Start Button Light is always off when in attract mode.
"BLINKING" - Start Button Light will blink when in attract mode. This is the DEFAULT and previous behavior.
"ALWAYS ON" - Start Button Light is always on when in attract mode.
- Update TARGET_GAME_TIME adjustment to ensure a minimal ballsaver even after
the target game time is met.
- Do not display LOCATING NODE BOARD at boot when coin door interlock switch
has disabled node board power.
- Improve backbox and cabinet audio synchronization.
- Update the HSTD reset counter when the Standard Adjustment is changed.
- Added TARGET_GAME_TIME adjustment, accessible when the BALL_SAVE_TIME
adjustment is enabled.
TARGET_GAME_TIME enables a multi-use ball saver, whose duration is
dynamically calculated for each ball to help ensure the player has
a guaranteed amount of play time per game.
TARGET_GAME_TIME has a range of 1m 30s to 3m 00s and defaults to
NO_TARGET_TIME (disabled).
When disabled a traditional single-use BALL_SAVE_TIME ball saver will be
used for each ball in play.
When enabled the first ball of play will have a multi-use ball saver of
BALL_SAVE_TIME sec. The second ball will have a multi-use ball saver
which is 25% of (TARGET_GAME_TIME - player_game_time).
The third and beyond will have a multi-use ball saver which is 50% of
(TARGET_GAME_TIME - player_game_time).
- Updated 10 band graphic EQ to have 15 slider settings (was 120) above/below the
neutral center line.
- Rename Util->Volume->Speaker Balance to Speaker Fade. This adjusts the volume
levels of the cabinet (front) and backbox (back) speakers. The term Balance
was misleading and implied adjusting the level of the left and right backbox speakers.
- Added UTIL->VOL Adjustment "SELECT AUDIO FILTER". Values are:
"NONE", "HIGH/LOW SHELF", and "10 BAND EQ". Default value is "HIGH/LOW SHELF".
"NONE": No filtering will be performed on the audio output. Useful when using
the Line Out as input for an external device.
"HIGH/LOW SHELF": A High/Low Shelf Filter is applied to the audio output.
The Bass Frequency can be set to: 125Hz, 250Hz, or Disabled.
The Treble Frequency can be set to: 4KHz, 8KHz, or Disabled.
The Gain can be set to -12dB .. +12dB
On Spike 2 the Shelf Frequency and Gain can be set independently for the BackBox and Cabinet speakers.
"10 BAND EQ": A full 10 Band EQ is applied to the audio output.
Sliders are used to adjust the Gain of a specific range of frequencies.
The Frequencies are: 31Hz, 62Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1KHz, 2KHz, 4KHz, 8KHz, 16KHz.
The Gain curve has a 60dB dynamic range across the -120 .. +120 Slider settings.
On Spike2 the Gain can be set independently for the BackBox and Cabinet speakers.
- Allow the knocker sound effect to play completely when a replay is
awarded during the last ball bonus and ensure the normal game
volume is restored.
- Added Standard Adjustment "MAX PLAYERS PER GAME". Values are 1 to 4,
with a default setting of 4. This can be used to limit the number
of players that can be added to a game.
- Using LEFT+START to end a game during bonus count could leave game graphics
on screen while in attract mode. This has been corrected.

LE/PRE V1.07 - June 28, 2019
=====================

- Added attract mode tutorial videos for inserting coins, pressing
start button, using ball plunger, and flipper buttons.
- Optimized the amount of game data being saved to the SD card.

- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.49.0
- Added Service Menu selection UTIL->ENDGAME. This selection is only available
when there is an active game. When selected the operator will be prompted
to confirm that they wish to end the current game. Once confirmed and upon
exiting the Service Menu, the game will be in attract mode.
- Added Standard Adjustment "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME". Values are:
"NEVER", "FREE PLAY ONLY", and "ALWAYS". Default value is "NEVER".
During an active game, if the LEFT FLIPPER+START BUTTONs are held for
two seconds, the game will be ended.
- Added Standard Audit "TOTAL PLAYS ENDED", which will track the number of times
a game is ended via the Service Menu or FLIPPER+START BUTTONs.
- Added Standard Adjustment "CREDIT FORMAT". Values are:
"ACTUAL FRACTION" and "REDUCED FRACTION". Default value is "REDUCED FRACTION".
For a USA coin door when inserting three quarters:
"REDUCED FRACTION" would display "1/4", "1/2", "3/4"
"ACTUAL FRACTION" would display "1/4", "2/4", "3/4"
- Update Italian translation of "ENTER INITIALS" to "INSERISCI LE TUE INIZIALI"
- Coin door interlock switch support for Spike2.
- Updated instructions for RESTORE SETTINGS.
- Reordered items in UTIL->VOL, moved CABINET SPEAKER TYPE to be after
BACKBOX SPEAKER TYPE.
- Added UTIL->RESET->VOL which will reset all audio settings to their
default values.
- Append (MAX) to the credit message if the number of credits equals
the CREDIT LIMIT adjustment.
- Correct Euro Coin Door/Electronic Coin Mech configuration.
Standard Euro Coin Door now configured as:
"10 units per pulse, Left 5, Center 10, Right 20, 4th 2, 5th 0, 6th 0"
Italian Euro Coin Door now configured as:
"10 units per pulse, Left 5, Center 1, Right 5, 4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
- Updated Custom Pricing Editor to display Pricing Format description in the
title area when it is being edited.
- Added Standard Adjustment #57 "PRICING FORMAT". Values are:
"STANDARD", "MINIMAL", "STD W/ MONETARY SYMBOL", and "MIN W/ MONETARY SYMBOL".
"MINIMAL" will replace consecutive identical coin/credit increments with "..".
"MONETARY SYMBOL" will add the leading or trail monetary symbol appropriate
for the currency is use. For CUSTOM PRICING this can be TOKEN, COIN, SWIPE,
or TAP.
- USA 13 (as opposed to the current active GAME PRICING) is used to demonstrate
the effects of the different options in the Service Menu as there is a
difference between STANDARD and MINIMAL formatting. (and there may not be in the current
active pricing).
STANDARD - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/1.00 2/2.00 3/3.00 4/4.00 7/5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/0.50 2/1.00 4/1.50 6/2.00

MINIMAL - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/1.00 .. 7/5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/0.50 .. 4/1.50 6/2.00

STD W/ MONETARY SYMBOL- USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/$1.00 2/$2.00 3/$3.00 4/$4.00 7/$5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/$0.50 2/$1.00 4/$1.50 6/$2.00

MIN W/ MONETARY SYMBOL- USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/$1.00 .. 7/$5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/$0.50 .. 4/$1.50 6/$2.00

- Updated Custom Pricing Editor to display using Pricing Format. Use <BACK and NEXT>
to select the pricing and EDIT to change the Pricing Format. The
Pricing Format adjustment will also be updated upon EXIT.

- Updated Tech Alert switch numbering to be consistent with the game manuals.
- Updated Custom Pricing Editor - Uses button navigation to select and edit
fields. Use <BACK and NEXT> to select the "CREDIT" or "AT:" field and
EDIT to change their value. RESET has the options of setting the
custom price to the FACTORY default or CURRENT pricing as a starting
point for creating the custom price. RESET can also CLEAR the custom price
to create one from scratch. Use EXIT to save and install the custom
price. Added support to specify money format descriptions for: country
monetary symbol ("$", "EUR", etc), "TOKEN", "COIN", and "SWIPE".
- Updated Custom Coin Door Editor - RESET has the options of setting the
custom coin door to the FACTORY default or CURRENT settings as a starting
point for creating the custom coin door. RESET can also CLEAR the custom
coin door to create one from scratch. Added error message when attempting
to EXIT when the custom coin door is not valid (UNITS PER PULSE is zero or
all coin switches have zero PULSES set).
- Updated Pricing Table:
Updated Euro Coin Door from:
"10 units per pulse, Left 5, Center 10, Right 20, 4th 2, 5th 0, 6th 0"
to:
"10 units per pulse, Left 5, Center 10, Right 5, 4th 0, 5th 0, 6th 0"
Updated Australia 5 from "1/$2.00, 2/$5.00, 5/$10.00 AU" to "1/$2.00 AU, 2/$3.00 AU"
Removed Australia 7 "1/$2.00, 3/$4.00, 4/$5.00 AU"
Removed Italy 1 "1/EUR 0.50"
Removed Italy 2 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00"
Added New Zealand 3 "1/$2 NZ, 2/$3 NZ"
Updated Switzerland 2 from "1/1 SwF, 3/2 SwF, 5/3 SwF, 7/4 SwF, 9/5 SwF" to "1/2 SwF, 2/4 SwF, 3/5 SwF"
Removed Switzerland 3 "1/2 SwF, 3/5 SwF"
Updated UK 1 from "3/1.00 GBP, 7/2.00 GBP" to "1/2.00 GBP"
Updated UK 2 from "4/1.00 GBP" to "1/1.00 GBP"
Removed UK 6 "3/2.00 GBP"
Removed Portugal "1/EUR 0.50"
Removed Germany 1 "1/EUR 0.50"
Removed Germany 2 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 5/EUR 2.00"
Removed Germany 3 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 6/EUR 2.00"
Removed Euro 4 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 6/EUR 2.00"
Removed Euro 5 "1/EUR 0.50, 3/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 1.50, 7/EUR 2.00"
Removed Euro 6 "2/EUR 0.50"
Renamed Euro 7 to Euro 4 "1/EUR 1.00, 2/EUR 2.00, 3/EUR 3.00, 5/EUR 4.00"
Renamed Euro 8 to Euro 5 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00"
Renamed Euro 9 to Euro 6 "1/EUR 1.00, 2/EUR 1.50, 3/EUR 2.00"
Renamed Euro 10 to Euro 7 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00, 7/EUR 3.00"
Renamed Euro 11 to Euro 8 "1/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 2.00"
Renamed Euro 12 to Euro 9 "2/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 2.00, 6/EUR 3.00, 9/EUR 4.00"
Removed USA 4 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 1, Right 1, 4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
Removed USA 6 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 6, Right 1, 4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
NOTE: USA 3 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 4, Right 1, 4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0" remains unchanged
Updated Austria default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Belgium default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Finland default pricing to Euro 5
Updated France default pricing to Euro 7
Updated Germany default pricing to Euro 2 and Euro Coin Door
Updated Greece default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Italy default pricing to Euro 5 and Euro Coin Door
Updated Netherlands default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Portugal default pricing to Euro 1 and Euro Coin Door
Updated Spain default pricing to Euro 5
Updated Switzerland default pricing to Switzerland 1
- Added UTIL->SAVE and UTIL->LOAD which save and restore all game settings to/from a USB thumb drive.
When restoring the settings to the SAME MACHINE, you can choose to restore:
"RESTORE ALL SETTINGS"
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY HIGH SCORES"
"RESTORE ONLY AUDITS"
When using the saved settings with another machine of the SAME TITLE and MODEL (for example
settings file created on a Guardians Pro and restoring to a different Guardians Pro)
you can choose to restore:
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS"
When using the saved settings with another machine of a DIFFERENT TITLE or MODEL (for example
settings file created on a Guardians Pro and restoring to a Aerosmith Pro)
you can only choose to restore: "RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS".
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the Standard Adjustments listed below and
all Feature Adjustments.
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the following Standard Adjustments:
Custom Message
Custom Pricing
Custom Coin Door
"REPLAY TYPE"
"REPLAY PERCENTAGE"
"REPLAY AWARD"
"REPLAY LEVELS"
"REPLAY BOOST"
"SPECIAL LIMIT"
"SPECIAL AWARD"
"SPECIAL PERCENTAGE"
"FREE GAME LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL PERCENTAGE"
"GAME PRICING"
"MATCH AWARD"
"MATCH PERCENTAGE"
"BALLS PER GAME"
"TILT WARNINGS"
"TILT DEBOUNCE"
"CREDIT LIMIT"
"FREE PLAY"
"KNOCKER VOLUME"
"START GAME ON CREDIT"
"GAME RESTART"
"TIMED PLUNGER"
"FLIPPER BALL LAUNCH"
"COINDOOR BALL SAVER"
"COMPETITION MODE"
"CONSOLATION BALL"
"PLAYER COMPETITION"
"TEAM SCORES"
"ALLOW HIGH SCORES"
"HIGH SCORE AWARD"
"GRAND CHAMPION AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #1 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #2 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #3 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #4 AWARDS"
"HSTD INITIALS"
"HSTD RESET COUNT"
"COIN INPUT DELAY"
"LOST BALL RECOVERY"
"COIN DOOR DISABLE TILT"
"TIME FORMAT"
"PRICING FORMAT"
"FAST BOOT"
"LANGUAGE"
"PLAYER LANGUAGE SELECT"
"PLAY ATTRACT TUTORIAL VIDEOS"
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"SERVICE MENU B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
- Games will now persist ALL SETTINGS after a software update. This functionality will be available
in the game release AFTER the release which uses system 2.24.
- Correct the delay between multiple Q24 knocker requests. Previously the
knocks would happen too rapidly and sound like a single loud knock. Now
there will be a 3/4 second delay between knocks. If the sound effect
knocker is also enabled, it will be synchronized with the Q24 knocker.
- Updated COIN DOOR EDITOR to display the selected settings and whether they
are the FACTORY default or CUSTOM configuration.
- Added Custom Coin Door Editor.
You can specify the UNITS PER PULSE for the base coin and the number of PULSES
generated by each coin switch (left, center, right, 4th, 5th, 6th). The
UNITS have a range of 1 to 10000 and PULSES have a range of 0 to 100. For
example the USA coin door has a UNIT of 25 and the left and right slots
generate 1 PULSE and the center slot (the DBV) generates four PULSES. The
coin mechanisms accept quarters and the DBV dollars. Therefore, the UNIT is
25 (for 25 cents) and the left and right generate 1 PULSE for a single quarter
and the center slot generates 4 PULSES for a dollar bill being four quarters.
If Standard Adjustment "Game Pricing" is changed to a selection with different
UNITS PER PULSE than the active CUSTOM coin door, the custom coin door will
be reset to the factory default for that Game Pricing selection.
- Added system adjustment for Spike 2 games when a headphone kit is installed:
"MUTE KNOCKER IF HP DETECTED" - will not play replay knocker sound when
headphones are in use. Default value is NO (not muted).
"DISABLE Q24 KNOCK IF HP DETECTED" - will not fire Q24 knocker coil when
headphones are in use. Default value is NO (not disabled).
- DIAG->NODE->BRD->Overcurrent Test now displays Drive/Coil and Light/LED
description instead of device address.
- Added new standard adjustment PLAY ATTRACT TUTORIAL VIDEOS
which is default to YES.

#1093 1 year ago

Thank you Mark!!!

#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from waymon:

I have had this before. I was able to buy a new SD card and it worked. As soon as I put the other SD card in the issue would start again.
Try a brand-new SD card

I tried another new SD card today it is the same brand as the other that was in question guess Im going to return both and try another brand the ones I tried were SanDisk and were class 10 32gb

1 week later
#1095 1 year ago
Quoted from mattchester001:

I tried another new SD card today it is the same brand as the other that was in question guess Im going to return both and try another brand the ones I tried were SanDisk and were class 10 32gb

I have a few different ones. Stock code, Cleland mod, and apple juice mod. I know one is an ONN from wall mart.

2 weeks later
#1096 1 year ago

Is there any chance of a 1.11 code version? I'd love to be able to use the Home Team feature from 1.10. Also noticed that in the 1.10 release notes there's a mention of new node board firmware. Not an issue for my older machine, but for the folks just getting machines off the line in the next few weeks it could potentially be a problem if there's new node board hardware again?

"Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.00.0"

#1097 1 year ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

Is there any chance of a 1.11 code version? I'd love to be able to use the Home Team feature from 1.10. Also noticed that in the 1.10 release notes there's a mention of new node board firmware. Not an issue for my older machine, but for the folks just getting machines off the line in the next few weeks it could potentially be a problem if there's new node board hardware again?
"Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.00.0"

This is what I'm waiting for as well, would love the Home Team feature with Alt code

#1098 1 year ago

Can someone dm me the 1.09 code. I’m waiting to hear back from cleland, but if in the meantime if someone has it that would be awesome! Just got my NIB game today.

#1099 1 year ago
Quoted from SacPinDaddy:

Can someone dm me the 1.09 code. I’m waiting to hear back from cleland, but if in the meantime if someone has it that would be awesome! Just got my NIB game today.

If someone does send it to you, still consider dropping cleland a few bucks for his efforts. This is probably hands down the best mod of any for this game, and he deserves a little support for making it

#1100 1 year ago

SacPinDaddy Same I'm receiving my cab on Tuesday and would like the 1.09 code, if someone would DM me I would gladly appreciate it. I would definitely donate to cleland for all the work that he has done for this mod.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,495 (Firm)
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 19.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/22?hl=red-line and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.