2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 29.
#1001 2 years ago

Any update on this?

#1002 2 years ago

sorry if I've missed this answer already, but is it okay to roll back from the Insider code so that I can get back to a Cleland-compatible version? I miss the good music, and I don't have the apron anyway.

#1003 2 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

sorry if I've missed this answer already, but is it okay to roll back from the Insider code so that I can get back to a Cleland-compatible version? I miss the good music, and I don't have the apron anyway.

If you have a pre-august 2021 build, you can run any version of the gamecode, up through current. Just swap the SDcard, and the game runs the code, regardless of what was on the game previously. I think 1.06 was the latest version with ALL of @cleland's sound mod. Owners of August-2021 and newer machines, need to run 1.08 or later which has not been addressed by cleland so far. (cleland has not updated 1.08 or 1.09 yet)

#1004 2 years ago

Any chance someone could please share the 1.08 code Fishman54 made? It would be awesome to have some new songs while waiting for the entirety of the 1.08 Sound mod to be updated.

1 week later
#1005 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Fishman54 did take a run at updating it, but he only did the music changes. There are over 200 call outs that need be done as well.
If anyone savy with Pinball Browser wants to take a stab at it, I'll share my over 700 audio files, no problem.
I finally have a couple days off next week, so hopefully I can finally get it done. I've left my game at 1.06 but have not touched it in over 3 weeks...just too much going on with work and life.

Any updates? Fishman54 has anyone else tried your update? Thank you both for working on this for us!

4 weeks later
#1006 2 years ago

Would be great to test the 1.08 update.

#1007 2 years ago

I have a Guardians on a temp trade currently. Here's my question to you long time owners:

Why are you keeping the movie dialogue setting enabled? I don't care what version - Stern's or the Cleland update - why do you want to hear the same lengthy, wordy, talking while playing?

The game is so much more enjoyable without all the speaking and the game trying to re-play the movie scenes during modes. Now when music is playing, I hear the music itself without people speaking in the background.

#1008 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I have a Guardians on a temp trade currently. Here's my question to you long time owners:
Why are you keeping the movie dialogue setting enabled? I don't care what version - Stern's or the Cleland update - why do you want to hear the same lengthy, wordy, talking while playing?
The game is so much more enjoyable without all the speaking and the game trying to re-play the movie scenes during modes. Now when music is playing, I hear the music itself without people speaking in the background.

It's possible to turn all speaking off? I played with the speech and music settings to try to achieve that. You're right, for me the music is where it's at in this pin. Stern keep your gobbly boo boo garbage out of here

#1009 2 years ago

I like it all so does the family. I love the cleland sound n when you got things rocking n rolling it’s a blast in my opinion. Lol

#1010 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

It's possible to turn all speaking off? I played with the speech and music settings to try to achieve that. You're right, for me the music is where it's at in this pin. Stern keep your gobbly boo boo garbage out of here

Yeah there's a Setting, something like, Movie Dialogue, Movie & Alternate Dialogue and off

Just turn it off and it eliminates all the dull movie talking. Even if Stern had the original lines from the actors, it's still awful to listen to. How many times can someone hear that prisoner say something about eating me with some alien jelly?

And now guess what? The Stern code is pretty darn good and there are lots of songs in the game that can now be heard just fine.

#1011 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I like it all so does the family. I love the cleland sound n when you got things rocking n rolling it’s a blast in my opinion. Lol

Not talking about music, discussing the movie lines that can be enabled and disabled in the settings.

#1012 2 years ago

Hey All, I know Im late to the game here, but just picked up a 2017 GOTG and would like to add Clelands sound mod, read though the whole thread, sent Cleland a PM the other day, is he still making the file available? I watched his video, looks like a great improvement, hate waiting for the modes to end to catch a clip..

#1013 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

If you have a pre-august 2021 build, you can run any version of the gamecode, up through current. Just swap the SDcard, and the game runs the code, regardless of what was on the game previously. I think 1.06 was the latest version with ALL of cleland's sound mod. Owners of August-2021 and newer machines, need to run 1.08 or later which has not been addressed by cleland so far. (cleland has not updated 1.08 or 1.09 yet)

Hi, so if a want to run "stock" 1.09 I put the old SD card back in and the update to 1.09 via USB. If I don't like 1.09 I can just swap back to the Cleland SD ?

#1014 2 years ago
Quoted from LFD45:

Hi, so if a want to run "stock" 1.09 I put the old SD card back in and the update to 1.09 via USB. If I don't like 1.09 I can just swap back to the Cleland SD ?

You risk bricking the node boards going backwards from 1.09. As far as I know no one has tried it yet.

#1015 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

You risk bricking the node boards going backwards from 1.09. As far as I know no one has tried it yet.

i thought that was only if it was one of the very new machines.

#1016 2 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

I rolled back my 2018 build Pro from 1.09 to cleland 1.06 w/o issues.

#1017 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I swap SD cards back and forth on all of my games, no issues at all. If the node boards have to be updated due to the code version, then they get updated. Back and forth, old to new and new to old.

Just got Guardians in a temp trade and making my own changes to the 1.09 code. Been going back and forth from Cleland's 1.06 and the stock Stern AND using Insider Connected. Just fine.

#1018 2 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Quoted from Insane:

Ah yes, you're right and I stand corrected!

#1019 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I swap SD cards back and forth on all of my games, no issues at all. If the node boards have to be updated due to the code version, then they get updated. Back and forth, old to new and new to old.
Just got Guardians in a temp trade and making my own changes to the 1.09 code. Been going back and forth from Cleland's 1.06 and the stock Stern AND using Insider Connected. Just fine.

There are a bunch of posts about this subject back in this thread where the newer builds that shipped with 1.09 have a note that there's a new version of the board and downgrading code would brick those node boards. AFAIK no one has been brave enough to try it on a new build to find out if this is factual or not.

#1020 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If you get Clelands sound package to 1.09 I am sure a ton of people here would be happy. I know I would be as I'm at 1.06 now.

#1021 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

If you get Clelands sound package to 1.09 I am sure a ton of people here would be happy. I know I would be as I'm at 1.06 now.

I'm doing my own thing with the 1.09 code. I keep the dialogue turned off, so not touching anything movie dialogue related. Adding attract mode scenes and maybe some other slight video changes. I need to get rid of that annoying Ooga Chaka song and that is my first priority when I get to this.

1 month later
#1022 1 year ago

Now that pinball browser has been updated to support the latest firmware, will this great mod be updated to support it? Two friends of mine who both have the game are getting insider connected for all their machines but they really don't want to loose the mod.

2 weeks later
#1023 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'm doing my own thing with the 1.09 code. I keep the dialogue turned off, so not touching anything movie dialogue related. Adding attract mode scenes and maybe some other slight video changes. I need to get rid of that annoying Ooga Chaka song and that is my first priority when I get to this.

Anyway to add some kind of attack mode sound? Maybe turn the volume down in the program a bit and run the scene sounds.

I installed the code you sent me tonight and much enjoy it. Really like the scenes and the songs are nice and crisp with my sub hooked up as well. I haven’t tried all the modes yet but so far big thumbs up.

Please let me know if you time it some more!!

#1024 1 year ago
Quoted from waymon:

Anyway to add some kind of attack mode sound? Maybe turn the volume down in the program a bit and run the scene sounds.
I installed the code you sent me tonight and much enjoy it. Really like the scenes and the songs are nice and crisp with my sub hooked up as well. I haven’t tried all the modes yet but so far big thumbs up.
Please let me know if you time it some more!!

Glad you enjoy it, here's the thread link for anyone else interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pomc-remix#post-6957286

The scene sounds are what I replaced. The audio track for each scene was the orchestra type soundtrack music with the movie scene sounds included. I replaced each of those tracks with music.

I just did not enjoy hearing any dialogue or movies sounds when playing the game, so out they went!

#1025 1 year ago

Update on my 12 song mix tape version. I just updated my pin browser version to 8 so that i can update my v1.06 version to the v1.09 ones.

Hoping to have the songs updated shortly, i am also looking to transfer over the film speech that was part of the cleland/sinestro version, but this might be done in a few chunks etc.

I wish there was a better way in pin browser for making macros, or exporting the request to script data listed in the sound window.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1026 1 year ago

So if I get in on the final run made this fall I can’t update to cleland code and I’m stuck with the generic Stern code?

#1027 1 year ago
Quoted from livetowin:

So if I get in on the final run made this fall I can’t update to cleland code and I’m stuck with the generic Stern code?

Im curious as well.

#1028 1 year ago

The amazing Cleland code was based on an earlier version of the gamecode (1.05 or 1.06). The latest GOTG final batch of machines requires a new microcode, only found in 1.08 or later. So, when any enthusiasts releases an update based on 1.08 or 1.09 you will be able to use it in late date GOTG machines. I believe there are several update mods in the works, and I think PoMC even released one recently. That said, cleland has not yet released any update for GOTG and before you ask "why?", understand that its a ton of effort to do this 'volunteer' work!

#1029 1 year ago

Getting in on the September last call build. Can’t I just stay with the 1.06 update to use Clelands mod ? I would imagine they will ship those builds with the latest code but I should be able to get the older code on Sterns website I would think. Either way this seems like a must and I need to make it happen one way or another.

#1030 1 year ago

Check that. They only offer 1.09. Bummer. Hopefully it gets redone by the man. Gotta be a ton of work though. Maybe someone could copy the 1.06 Stern code to an SD card for me or send me the code if that’s still the only way to use it. I’ll gladly reimburse said person in this instance.

#1031 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Check that. They only offer 1.09. Bummer. Hopefully it gets redone by the man. Gotta be a ton of work though. Maybe someone could copy the 1.06 Stern code to an SD card for me or send me the code if that’s still the only way to use it. I’ll gladly reimburse said person in this instance.

Just start off using my code based on 1.09 if you want something different. I always prefer to play a game stock for a bit before switching to custom code or making new code myself.

Anyways, my code eliminates all the bullshit movie dialogue which in my opinion is some of the worst "call outs" in a game I've played. The movie lines are not fun or funny nor interesting to hear and after 20 games I was totally sick of the repetition. Play the game and enjoy some music that matches the modes and characters in those modes.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pomc-remix#post-6957286

#1032 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

According to stern, if you try to go to an older code on the newest machine, you will brick it. something with the new node boards that they used.

#1033 1 year ago

Of course Stern did that. Lol! PoMC I will def check yours out. I like having options. I’m just happy I got a spot with the final build. September can’t come soon enough.

#1034 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Of course Stern did that. Lol! PoMC I will def check yours out. I like having options. I’m just happy I got a spot with the final build. September can’t come soon enough.

The issue is they made a hardware revision to the node boards for that newest Gotg build which requires a newer version of the initialization microcode than previously supplied. 1.08 or later has the new microcode built in whereas earlier gamecode images don’t and hence won’t initialize the node boards properly.

#1035 1 year ago

In on a Sept build. Subbed.

#1036 1 year ago

Follow up to my earlier post, I am about two thirds the way through the update now and should have my v1.09 version out at the weekend for testing etc.

As a reminder my version added 12 individual songs to the game on the mix tape and utilised all the movie speech form the cleland/sinetro version along with a few other changes.

I ended up writing my own program to generate a macro file to update all the speech calls. There are around 1110 sound scripts in here and around 382 speech requests in total. Not all of those are customised but most of them are. My program generates a macro to batch update everything based on pinball browser request to script data

4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg

Stay tuned

#1037 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Follow up to my earlier post, I am about two thirds the way through the update now and should have my v1.09 version out at the weekend for testing etc.
As a reminder my version added 12 individual songs to the game on the mix tape and utilised all the movie speech form the cleland/sinetro version along with a few other changes.
I ended up writing my own program to generate a macro file to update all the speech calls. There are around 1110 sound scripts in here and around 382 speech requests in total. Not all of those are customised but most of them are. My program generates a macro to batch update everything based on pinball browser request to script data
[quoted image]
Stay tuned

What’s your song list?

#1039 1 year ago

Have a nib coming on the next run, can't wait to install your new code!

#1040 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

[quoted image]
Stay tuned

Thanks for doing all the hard work and taking the baton. I have not had the time to update the over 1110 changes
When your done with your version, I'd love to make the music changes I had in my version 1.06

#1041 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks for doing all the hard work and taking the baton. I have not had the time to update the over 1110 changes
When your done with your version, I'd love to make the music changes I had in my version 1.06

Of course no problem , I’ll drop you a pm. We would be knowhere without your original amazing effort

#1042 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

[quoted image]
Stay tuned

Awesome - just picked up a GOTG and keen to try this out once ready!

#1043 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Of course no problem , I’ll drop you a pm. We would be knowhere without your original amazing effort

How do i install your updated code into my new gotg pro?

#1044 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

How do i install your updated code into my new gotg pro?

Update instructions - All Games:
1 - Download the zip file
2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains SPK file(s).
3 - Open the folder, copy the file(s) to the root level of a
USB stick. (Do not copy the folder.)
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
7 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update
8 - Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
option and starts the update.
9 - Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
remove USB stick.

#1045 1 year ago

v1.09 Pro version is ready for testing. PM me if you want to test it out. Ideally if you already use my v1.06 update.

I have more work still to do for the LE version but should also be ready in a few days.

#1046 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Update instructions - All Games:
1 - Download the zip file
2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains SPK file(s).
3 - Open the folder, copy the file(s) to the root level of a
USB stick. (Do not copy the folder.)
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
7 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update
8 - Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
option and starts the update.
9 - Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
remove USB stick.

Actually, this is NOT the way you do this. These are full .img files that start with the stock .img file. You need to flash the image to an SD card and replace with the one in your game.

#1047 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Actually, this is NOT the way you do this. These are full .img files that start with the stock .img file. You need to flash the image to an SD card and replace with the one in your game.

Yes you are right, need Balena or similar to flash the SD. Forgot that.

#1048 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Yes you are right, need Balena or similar to flash the SD. Forgot that.

Just use Pinball Browser to write the images.

#1049 1 year ago

The LE version is also done now. I have someone trying it out and cleland is also trying out the pro image to, so hopefully we should be good and we can all relax about the movie speech once again

Those impersonator voices really are terrible lol

#1050 1 year ago

I loaded up applejuice Pro version last night.

Had a really good game where I played through everything. All modes 1 and 2 and saved xandar. 6.3B game.

Everything seemed to work fine. No static, etc.

Got some new achievements and they recorded to IC correctly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/21?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.