2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 29.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I think any SD card will work but I'm using a Sandisk 16 gig and it works fine. I'm about to PM a few of you guys with my latest .IMG file to restore to your SD card. Feel free to PM me if you want to "Beta Test" too. I still have a lot of things to implement but I'd say about 80% of the call outs are there with the current .87 code. I need some time to play and evaluate and invite you to also! Feedback is welcomed...as long as it's friendly

Feel free to pm me.. I would love to test it out..

#52 6 years ago

I am uploading both Pro and LE versions right now. I'll reach out to all those that PM'd me for both Pro and LE. It's gonna take an hour to upload though, I have zipped the .IMG files to make it about 4 gigs. You will need to unzip the archive and write the .IMG file back to an SD card 8 gigs or larger....I recommend a 16 gig Sandisk as that's been what I've been using.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I am uploading both Pro and LE versions right now. I'll reach out to all those that PM'd me for both Pro and LE. It's gonna take an hour to upload though, I have zipped the .IMG files to make it about 4 gigs. You will need to unzip the archive and write the .IMG file back to an SD card 8 gigs or larger....I recommend a 16 gig Sandisk as that's been what I've been using.

Sweet!

#54 6 years ago

To all that reached out to me that zipping the .img files did not work. I have sent new links that are direct .img files and can be restored to an SD card.
Please report back with any issues. If I missed anyone please PM me again and I will send you new links.

#55 6 years ago

Someone shoot some video and post!

#56 6 years ago

One thing I have noticed in the new .87 code is there are music loops played for each of the modes while in standby(timer does not run).
They are mostly like 10 - 17 second loops but I would like to implement the classic songs from the movie for these small loops. Right now I have 10cc-Not In Love at Pod Chase and Cat Stevens-Father Son on Yondu modes. I'm going to experiment with other loops for these mode standby screens.

Also, can anyone confirm what request number is for entering your high score initials?

#58 6 years ago

Oh thank god you are fixing the sound on this. You the man!

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Oh thank god you are fixing the sound on this. You the man!

Thanks, I am going to make this game rock with the sound. Just replaced all 8 mode standby sounds and am close to posting to my beta testers. Feel free to PM me if you can help and evaluate.

#60 6 years ago

I have been testing the latest .87 LE. I received from you yesterday and it’s superb. The voices versus music/effects seems to be much more balanced and the quality of the recording matches too. Excellent work!! Wow.

Do you still recommend any adjustments for the sound attenuation?

Feel free to send the latest code if you have made any changes since yesterday. Thanks!!!

#61 6 years ago

i too have been testing the modifications that Kevin has made to the .87 LE code and must say that this is a HUGE improvement and a game changer! Thank you so much for the work you have put into this. I look forward to any upcoming changes. In the meantime I will keep testing and uncovering more of the surprises you've added. Thanks again!!!

#62 6 years ago

I just hope that by the time they arrive at 1.0 it doesn't 'blow up' all the work that went into it. The work that cleland has put into this actually has me reconsidering buying one, but not before 1.0 code and not before knowing there is a cleland version is available at that code level. I know there are a fair number of defenders of this game, but I can't tell you how unimpressed I was the first time I played the game with the crappy code and shi**y voice over work.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

My guess etcher or win32diskimager would write the image and make the 64gb sdcard a 16gb card and it should work, but why not get the right card for 10 bucks? I'd use a Sandisk ultra 16gb sdcard they are 10 bucks at bestbuy. We are very fortunate to have cleland put so much time into making the sound replacement. Cheers cleland!

Quoted from deeplennon1:

You’re good. The card the game comes with is actually only 8gb, but I know from experience that for whatever reason even the smallest edit on gotg makes the image file ever so slightly larger than would fit on an 8gb card, hence cleland saying you need a 16.
I’ve used a 64 before with no issues.

I tried the 0.85 image update and it does fit on a std 8gb card. The image file is indeed slightly larger than official 8gb sd card sizes (8.07gb), but if you inspect the partition info there is some unused space at the end of the partition map. I'm on a mac and if you use etcher than it won't work with a std 8gb card, but using the command line dd tool works fine. Oddly the image sizes created from earlier stern games like batman are under 8gb. Maybe something altered at stern in terms of the partition map they use.

#64 6 years ago

I had no problem using either image, for mac users:

Go into the terminal:
type:
diskutil list

The SD card will be one of the devices listed. On my mac it is disk3, then unmount this disk:

sudo diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk3

Now you can copy the image. Put the actually uncompressed image location into the if= part, you can drag the file into the term and it will type the path for you. The of should be the same disk you just unmounted except now it should be "rdisk" instead of "disk"

sudo dd bs=1m if=GOTG_CLELAND_LE.img of=/dev/rdisk3

This will take a few minutes type ctrl-T to check progress. When it is done eject the disk (use the correct disk number for this system):

sudo diskutil eject /dev/rdisk3

#65 6 years ago

Thanks for the file Cleland! This makes the game so much better! I had no issues with the full img files.

#66 6 years ago

I’ve never understood why Stern is in such a hurry to push new games out with such poor code. It leaves such a bad first impression on a theme I thought I would love. Thanks for fixing it for them.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

I’ve never understood why Stern is in such a hurry to push new games out with such poor code. It leaves such a bad first impression on a theme I thought I would love. Thanks for fixing it for them.

Agreed. But they’re in the manufacturing business not Pinball; gotta keep the line moving and people employed. That said, cleland and oga83 - the best employees stern never had.

#68 6 years ago

I am haveing trouble with the .img flie PC is what I am using. Anyone have advice?

#69 6 years ago

Posted in another thread that lack of song play was one thing I actually disliked about this game, along with the voice overs. Cleland you are the best dude.

#70 6 years ago

Explain what you using to try to write the image file to your SD card and someone will help.
Did you download the image file successfully? Do you have a 16gb SDcard? Are you using some software program (etcher, windisk32imager, etc)? Are you getting an error?

Quoted from frankmac:

I am haveing trouble with the .img flie PC is what I am using. Anyone have advice?

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Explain what you using to try to write the image file to your SD card and someone will help.
Did you download the image file successfully? Do you have a 16gb SDcard? Are you using some software program (etcher, windisk32imager, etc)? Are you getting an error?

Yes all the above I have completed except for the software program.. I have to download one to my pc then figure it out from there .. Damn rookie I am.. what would you recommend?

#72 6 years ago

Going to be posting new versions soon. I have replaced all 8 standby mode loops and am finishing "Immolation Initiative call outs....heck I don't even know if it's a working mode yet, but the sounds exist.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Going to be posting new versions soon. I have replaced all 8 standby mode loops and am finishing "Immolation Initiative call outs....heck I don't even know if it's a working mode yet, but the sounds exist.

Thanks again for your work! Hopefully I will enjoy it soon.. As I have had to bring in the big guns (wifey) to help. She is more tech savy..

#74 6 years ago

For super simple transfer, just install etcher. point to your image and sdcard and flash!
https://etcher.io/

Quoted from frankmac:

Yes all the above I have completed except for the software program.. I have to download one to my pc then figure it out from there .. Damn rookie I am.. what would you recommend?

#75 6 years ago

Shameless plug, but looking to fund the Stern Topper for my Pro. If you feel like you're getting a better game experience with the new sound package let me know if you would like to contribute to that fund. I will provide sound updates going forward with new updates just like I did with The Walking Dead. And, where in the heck can you even get that topper? I don't see it in the Stern Shop....but dang I want it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 6 years ago

Hi

Where r u posting the code to download and let us know where to push a few bucks your way.

Thx!

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Hi
Where r u posting the code to download and let us know where to push a few bucks your way.
Thx!

PM sent, not looking for a cash grab, just seeing if my 80 plus hours are making the game more enjoyable.
And I do like that topper

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

PM sent, not looking for a cash grab, just seeing if my 80 plus hours are making the game more enjoyable.
And I do like that topper

Got you cleland nice work!! I was finally able to experience your work!! fantastic job!! Keep up the good work making GOTG great again!!! I will pm you in a bit!!

#79 6 years ago

cleland got me the link at 6pm last night and I had it installed and running an hour later. Love the ability to switch between modded and stock SD cards in a matter of minutes.

Friends instantly noticed the difference and it took away one of my biggest gripes about the game (Yondu should NOT have a southern accent!)

Cleland you rock!

#80 6 years ago

I was very pleased with Stern's new code release to 0.87. Many, but not all, of the code complaints/suggestions were addressed.

But, WOW! Nice job @clelend! The game is getting better. Anyone who just had the voice actors/actresses as their only complaint about GOTG... now resolved. I learned to deal with them, but it is really nice hearing the true characters voices, as many are very distinct.

By the way, many have mentioned to me and in the forum, that Abobillybobo should be kept, for nostalgia, because it's so bad. Well hearing Yondu's actual mocking of the shop owner was extremely satisfying!

Hmmm, I think I should send cleland some friends and family funds, for his hard work and, you know, being a friend.

#81 6 years ago

I've been getting some great feedback and will certainly keep updating and adding things.

What to you guys think of using Jay and the Americans-Come a Little Bit Closer for Yondu Mode?

Another suggestion was:

"I wanted to hear what your thought of replacing the Groot Multiball music with Fox on the Run. The opening of that song screams Guardians and might be excellent to hear during Groot MB."

What say most of you, I think I like both of those ideas.

#82 6 years ago

Oh yes! You can just feel the difference when playing with Cleland's mods...it's SO much better!!

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I've been getting some great feedback and will certainly keep updating and adding things.
What to you guys think of using Jay and the Americans-Come a Little Bit Closer for Yondu Mode?
» YouTube video
Another suggestion was:
"I wanted to hear what your thought of replacing the Groot Multiball music with Fox on the Run. The opening of that song screams Guardians and might be excellent to hear during Groot MB."
» YouTube video

Yes and yes!! Can’t wait!

#84 6 years ago

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

» YouTube video
Another suggestion was:
» YouTube video

I like the idea of trying Come a Little Bit Closer for sure! As far as Groot I do like how intense the music is on it as it is now, but the beginning of Fox on the Run is cool, how many seconds in would it play?

#86 6 years ago

Come a little bit closer for Yondu is going to work perfectly, already did the edit.

I'm not sure about Fox on the Run for Groot Multiball, that current stock music is 9 mins long and is quite epic.

What about using Fox on the Run for Knowhere mode? That current music is pretty dull....

#87 6 years ago

Once you find a spot for Fox on the Run - will you be adding / reposting / uploading to 0.87 code on your ..in your drop box?

#88 6 years ago

Yeah, I'll post here but will probably have new versions by Friday night. The links I have sent will remain the same. Just download again and flash to your SD card when I tell you I have updated.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Come a little bit closer for Yondu is going to work perfectly, already did the edit.
I'm not sure about Fox on the Run for Groot Multiball, that current stock music is 9 mins long and is quite epic.
What about using Fox on the Run for Knowhere mode? That current music is pretty dull....

I think that Yondu is perfect and agree on leaving the Groot. I will listen to the Knowwhere mode as it sits currently and let you know.

#90 6 years ago

Southern nights for rocket mode?
Maybe after the timer runs out?
Or during the mode?
Thoughts?

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I think that Yondu is perfect and agree on leaving the Groot. I will listen to the Knowwhere mode as it sits currently and let you know.

pinstadium do you have pics of the pinstadium light on a GOTG?

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Here’s some on the pro.

F60B5DC7-315C-483D-8CBD-AEA14C312691 (resized).jpegF60B5DC7-315C-483D-8CBD-AEA14C312691 (resized).jpeg

33059DB3-646A-45B5-AB8A-9992E9CF585C (resized).jpeg33059DB3-646A-45B5-AB8A-9992E9CF585C (resized).jpeg

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Yes, I have some pics looks great and I have them also on my LE if you need some pics of that, same results as Pro of course. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement?tq=guardians&tu

Quoted from frankmac:

Southern nights for rocket mode?
Maybe after the timer runs out?
Or during the mode?
Thoughts?

I like that idea of Southern Nights, could be very cool!

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I played a few rounds of it and I think it is worth a shot. I think we should try it out.

#95 6 years ago

FYI for anyone on a Mac I used https://etcher.io/
It is dead simple to use and has a nice GUI.
Three button presses and you done.
No need to run terminal commands or complex processes.

Also works on windows.

I have put this img file on a 32gb micro SD card inside a SD card expander and works perfect.

Hope this helps.

#96 6 years ago

I installed this last night and it changed the game. Now I just need the games to last long enough to enjoy it!!

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I played a few rounds of it and I think it is worth a shot. I think we should try it out.

I created a 9+ minute mega mix of I want you back for mine.. since that's the song most associated with Groot in the movie (well, baby groot).

To avoid hearing it all the time I subbed out the I want you back 'out of mode rotation track' for another song.

#98 6 years ago

Hey Cleland you can now rotate up to 12 songs during non-mode play. Requests 31-42 will all play different songs when out of a mode as of code .87 so the game isn't limited to just four songs. I suspect this change is because they're going to add more songs in a future update. (In .85 and earlier 31-35-39 32-36.. etc were all linked and you were stuck with the four songs).

Request 34/71 is the end of game music; and you were asking about what the high score music is it's request 57/67 (linked), the same as Pod Chase I.

#99 6 years ago

Here's what I have for requests.

31-84 2:01.929 Cherry Bomb
32-85 1:57.816 Hooked On A Feeling
33 2:07.200 Ain't No Mountain High Enough
34-71 2:27.124 End Of Game - I Want You Back
35 2:01.929 Cherry Bomb
36 1:57.816 Hooked On A Feeling
37 2:07.200 Ain't No Mountain High Enough
38 2:27.124 I Want You Back
39 2:01.929 Cherry Bomb
40 1:57.816 Hooked On A Feeling
41 2:07.200 Ain't No Mountain High Enough
42 2:27.124 I Want You Back
44 0:36.000 Mode pick screen
45 1:41.392 Sibling Rivalry
46 0:11.076 Waiting for Sibling Rivalry
47 1:26.125 Escape Kyln
48 0:07.111 Waiting for Escape Kyln
49 1:26.513 Knowhere
50 0:12.857 Waiting for Knowhere
51 2:46.951 Quill's Quest
52 0:13.073 Waiting For Quill's Quest
53 0:55.376 Yaka's Arrow
54 0:07.659 Waiting For Yaka's Arrow
55 1:09.717 Sanctuary
56 0:09.290 Waiting for Sanctuary
57-67 2:34.450 Pod Chase - High Score
58 0:18.000 Waiting For Pod Chase
59 1:02.125 Antiquities Shop
60-43 0:15.157 Waiting for Antiquities Shop
61 9:15.897 Groot Multi
64 6:31.432 Orb Multi
72 0:48.520 Rampage Double Scoring
73 0:35.616 ? Quill's Quest II ? DOES NOT EXIST
74 2:07.393 Knowhere II
75 3:11.956 Pod Chase II
76 0:52.983 Yaka's Arrow II
77 1:23.708 Escape Kyln II
78 0:31.291 Antiquities Shop II
79 1:57.149 Sanctuary II
80 0:12.023 ? Sibling Rivalry II ? DOES NOT EXIST
81-82 4:44.071 ? Immolation Initiative ?
83 4:07.179 ? Save Xandar ?

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

Here's what I have for requests.
31-84 2:01.929 Cherry Bomb
32-85 1:57.816 Hooked On A Feeling
33 2:07.200 Ain't No Mountain High Enough
34-71 2:27.124 End Of Game - I Want You Back
35 2:01.929 Cherry Bomb
36 1:57.816 Hooked On A Feeling
37 2:07.200 Ain't No Mountain High Enough
38 2:27.124 I Want You Back
39 2:01.929 Cherry Bomb
40 1:57.816 Hooked On A Feeling
41 2:07.200 Ain't No Mountain High Enough
42 2:27.124 I Want You Back
44 0:36.000 Mode pick screen
45 1:41.392 Sibling Rivalry
46 0:11.076 Waiting for Sibling Rivalry
47 1:26.125 Escape Kyln
48 0:07.111 Waiting for Escape Kyln
49 1:26.513 Knowhere
50 0:12.857 Waiting for Knowhere
51 2:46.951 Quill's Quest
52 0:13.073 Waiting For Quill's Quest
53 0:55.376 Yaka's Arrow
54 0:07.659 Waiting For Yaka's Arrow
55 1:09.717 Sanctuary
56 0:09.290 Waiting for Sanctuary
57-67 2:34.450 Pod Chase
58 0:18.000 Waiting For Pod Chase
59 1:02.125 Antiquities Shop
60-43 0:15.157 Waiting for Antiquities Shop
61 9:15.897 Groot Multi
64 6:31.432 Orb Multi
72 0:48.520 Rampage Double Scoring
73 0:35.616 ? Quill's Quest II ? DOES NOT EXIST
74 2:07.393 Knowhere II
75 3:11.956 Pod Chase II
76 0:52.983 Yaka's Arrow II
77 1:23.708 Escape Kyln II
78 0:31.291 Antiquities Shop II
79 1:57.149 Sanctuary II
80 0:12.023 ? Sibling Rivalry II ? DOES NOT EXIST
81-82 4:44.071 ? Immolation Initiative ?
83 4:07.179 ? Save Xandar ?

This is epic help!!!!!!! Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.