2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 29.
#901 2 years ago

Happy Easter Pinheads.

I've created a new 'tape track list' and version of my custom gotg custom audio mix (that was created from the great work done previously by @Cleland). Its an 80s electronic music inspired one that hopefully is uplifting for everyone as we hopefully come out of the dark from covid.

If you'd like to try it out then please pm me for the download link. I hope it makes you smile

The 12 track list is changed to:

New Order - Blue Monday
Yazoo - Don’t Go
Depeche Mode - Just Can’t Get Enough
Salt N Pepper - Push it (inc End of Game)
Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
Bananarama - Cruel Summer
Bronski Beat - Small Town Boy
Soft Cell - Tainted Love
The Human League - Don’t You Want Me?
Ultravox - Vienna
Franky Goes to Hollywood - Welcome to the Pleasuredome
Communardes - Don’t Leave Me This Way

Mode pick screen - Dead or Alive - You Spin me right Round
Rampage Double Scoring - Push it (Short), Salt N Pepper

Just available for pro model at the mo whilst its tested out etc. Please let me know what you think if you try it

#902 2 years ago

Does the cleland mix work on pro and le, or is it a separate card for each game? Have it in our pro, but considering an le. Thx,,

#903 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Does the cleland mix work on pro and le, or is it a separate card for each game? Have it in our pro, but considering an le. Thx,,

Different version for the pro versus prem/Le but both are available from cleland you just have to PM him for them.

2 weeks later
#904 2 years ago

I've tried 7 times now to put the cleland mix on a SanDisk 32gb Class 10 SDHC card. Every time I end up with 5 partitions, the 1st partition has two file total of about 8mb. I'm at a lost of what I'm doing that's not right. I've tried formatting at 32fat and NTFS. I've bought a 3 pack of SDHC cards and tried them all. Get the same outcome. I'll wait fir Full Moon and try again. I pick up a Premium the weekend and was hoping I'd be ready. I've gone through this entire post looking for answers. Right now I'll take a break from trying.

#905 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I've tried 7 times now to put the cleland mix on a SanDisk 32gb Class 10 SDHC card. Every time I end up with 5 partitions, the 1st partition has two file total of about 8mb. I'm at a lost of what I'm doing that's not right. I've tried formatting at 32fat and NTFS. I've bought a 3 pack of SDHC cards and tried them all. Get the same outcome. I'll wait fir Full Moon and try again. I pick up a Premium the weekend and was hoping I'd be ready. I've gone through this entire post looking for answers. Right now I'll take a break from trying.

What program are you using to burn the image to the SD card and are you on MAC or Win10?

#906 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

What program are you using to burn the image to the SD card and are you on MAC or Win10?

Win10. I tried both the Etcher and the win32 disk imager.

#907 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Win10. I tried both the Etcher and the win32 disk imager.

I'll try Rufus this weekend. Found this on internet, so...... It must be true

Here are the top 8 best USB Bootable Software for Windows and Mac:
1 Rufus (Windows) ...
2 Windows USB/DVD Tool (Windows) ...
3 Universal USB Installer (Windows) ...
4 RMPrepUSB (Windows) ...
5 Etcher (Windows/Mac) ...
6 YUMI – Multiboot USB Creator (Windows) ...
7 WinSetUpFromUSB (Windows) ...
8 DiskMaker X (Mac)

#908 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

It's normal for it to create that many partitions on the card. The core filesystem is not something that windows can read so don't expect to open them and have it work. Have you tried it on a machine? Sounds like it worked to me.

#909 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

It's normal for it to create that many partitions on the card. The core filesystem is not something that windows can read so don't expect to open them and have it work. Have you tried it on a machine? Sounds like it worked to me.

I don't pick pin up until Sunday. Was just trying to have a card ready to switch it at time of being new owner. I'll give it a try. Thanks

#910 2 years ago

How do I pm cleland on here

#911 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

How do I pm cleland on here

Click his name, then click Contact.

#912 2 years ago

Thanks you are correct. After it finished making a bootable disk and partitions it into more partitions it ready to install. I did it so many times that was totally uncalled for.

2 weeks later
#913 2 years ago

so it's the SD card that has the music? not in the standard flashdrive update file?

#914 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so it's the SD card that has the music? not in the standard flashdrive update file?

Correct.

1 week later
#915 2 years ago

Anyone else having an issue with the music for yondu? Mine crackles and I thought I blew the back box speakers. I replaced the speakers and it still does it and just noticed it does not crackle in any other mode.

#916 2 years ago

I know. I have some crackles with some modes to. First thought I had a bad CPU bord but it only is the case with replacement audio. Original stern audio plays just fine. Apple juice does better in this as the Cleland version.

2 weeks later
#917 2 years ago

Does anyone know if any of the links Cleland provided for the sound upgrade are still working and available? I tried messaging him, but nothing back yet.

I'm pretty new to the pinball world, and have a GOTG pro coming later this month for my first pin. Hoping to add some awesome music to it!

#918 2 years ago
Quoted from jstarner79:

Does anyone know if any of the links Cleland provided for the sound upgrade are still working and available? I tried messaging him, but nothing back yet.
I'm pretty new to the pinball world, and have a GOTG pro coming later this month for my first pin. Hoping to add some awesome music to it!

He had to take down the links but be patient and he'll get back to you, if you don't hear from him in a few days PM me and I'll find some way to get you the files.

#919 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

He had to take down the links but be patient and he'll get back to you, if you don't hear from him in a few days PM me and I'll find some way to get you the files.

I'm in the same boat, waiting on my GOTG Pro and eager to get the files and just trying to get everything I can in advance so I am ready when it arrives. I may also like to hit you up for some help if I don't hear from Cleland within a week or so.

#920 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I'm in the same boat, waiting on my GOTG Pro and eager to get the files and just trying to get everything I can in advance so I am ready when it arrives. I may also like to hit you up for some help if I don't hear from Cleland within a week or so.

I’m sure he will get back you. I asked for an updated copy about two weeks ago and he responded very quickly. He is probably taking a well deserved vacation.

#921 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

Quoted from jstarner79:

You can also try applejuice . for Another Mix
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/19#post-6219274

#922 2 years ago

My apologies, I’ve been traveling throughout Southern Oregon the last week. Just got home and am getting caught up on PM’s.

#923 2 years ago

Link above is for a new 80s tape mix I am working on

For Info on my original film 12 song tape mix pm me

#924 2 years ago

Hi guys what a great community you have here, i bought my first pin the other day a dream of mine since i was a kid. I have gone through the whole post looking at different opinions about the 2-3 mods that are available. As ive only just registed and wasnt able to comment or send messages i couldnt sent a pm to cleland for his mod, so found the applejuice one, downloaded as the instructions said. Installed it in the cab, i think its working as it turns on and i can play my only problem is that the mission select is not there anymore, so as soon as i open it up, the green lights are on so i can start playing but no mission select. Is that the way its supposed to be or have i done something wrong?

great work btw guys and thanks for the help

p.s i am also a graphic designer and can also do animations, is there anyway i can add my own designs to the screen?
another question are we able to add more highscores instead of it being just one champion and 2nd 3rd 4th 5th to make it into 10 maybe?

#925 2 years ago
Quoted from TZAA:

Hi guys what a great community you have here, i bought my first pin the other day a dream of mine since i was a kid. I have gone through the whole post looking at different opinions about the 2-3 mods that are available. As ive only just registed and wasnt able to comment or send messages i couldnt sent a pm to cleland for his mod, so found the applejuice one, downloaded as the instructions said. Installed it in the cab, i think its working as it turns on and i can play my only problem is that the mission select is not there anymore, so as soon as i open it up, the green lights are on so i can start playing but no mission select. Is that the way its supposed to be or have i done something wrong?
p.s i am also a graphic designer and can also do animations, is there anyway i can add my own designs to the screen?
another question are we able to add more highscores instead of it being just one champion and 2nd 3rd 4th 5th to make it into 10 maybe?

There is a setting in the game to allow for mission select at start, if you turn that off you have to hit the scoop to start any mission. I kind of like it that way though I do have mine at factory default right now.

I can't answer your other questions but the answer must be at least partially yes because people have modded the Jurrasic Park code to include film clips and all sorts of other stuff. Read up on Pinball Browser as I'm almost certain that's what the talented cleland applejuice et cetera use.

#926 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

There is a setting in the game to allow for mission select at start, if you turn that off you have to hit the scoop to start any mission. I kind of like it that way though I do have mine at factory default right now.
I can't answer your other questions but the answer must be at least partially yes because people have modded the Jurrasic Park code to include film clips and all sorts of other stuff. Read up on Pinball Browser as I'm almost certain that's what the talented cleland applejuice et cetera use.

thanks for the reply, where do i find this setting to choose mission select at start? if i put it to factory default will that give me mission select at start?

#927 2 years ago
Quoted from TZAA:

thanks for the reply, where do i find this setting to choose mission select at start? if i put it to factory default will that give me mission select at start?

It's in the feature adjustments. I don't recall exactly what it's called and Stern stopped including these in the owner's manuals some time ago so I can't look it up but if you cylce through them you'll find it quickly enough. I'm not familiar with the applejuice code so I don't know if doing a factory reset will change that feature adjustment or not.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Guardians_Pro_web.pdf

#928 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It's in the feature adjustments. I don't recall exactly what it's called and Stern stopped including these in the owner's manuals some time ago so I can't look it up but if you cylce through them you'll find it quickly enough. I'm not familiar with the applejuice code so I don't know if doing a factory reset will change that feature adjustment or not.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Guardians_Pro_web.pdf

found it thanks! cheers for the help!

#929 2 years ago
Quoted from TZAA:

You won't be able to change functionality of any gamecode (like the way specific features work, or the number of high scores being displayed), but Pinball Browser allows you to change most audio and video clips throughout. I am just diving into a GOTG machine (now that I have one on order), and I suspect it's just like timlah79 's work he did for Jurassic Park where he swapped out hundreds of audio clips and dozens of video clips into his new version of the gamecode. It's alot of work, finding and editting clips, but Pinball Browser is the tool to make it happen. PB essential has a list of the audio and video assets, and you can drop-in an EXACT replacement clip and then re-write the game code image.

#930 2 years ago

Hello! I recently obtained a GOTG Pro w/ this Cleland audio mod (fantastic mod, btw!), and a speaker upgrade. The audio on the machine is fairly blown out, especially the callouts from the movie, even after attempting to adjust bass gain around the machine, but I'm not an audio guy. Could anyone share their audio settings, if they've found a sweet spot where there is no or minimal blow out? If this is just the nature of the beast, due to the sound bites obtainable from the film, so be it! Figured I'd ask, though, as the fuzzy audio is the only thing taking this to the next level for the experience on my machine!

EDIT: Poked through this thread manually a bit more and found some other people w/ the same issue, so I'm guessing it is indeed a defect inherent to the mod, and not necessarily related to the audio settings of my machine.

#931 2 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Hello! I recently obtained a GOTG Pro w/ this Cleland audio mod (fantastic mod, btw!), and a speaker upgrade. The audio on the machine is fairly blown out, especially the callouts from the movie, even after attempting to adjust bass gain around the machine, but I'm not an audio guy. Could anyone share their audio settings, if they've found a sweet spot where there is no or minimal blow out? If this is just the nature of the beast, due to the sound bites obtainable from the film, so be it! Figured I'd ask, though, as the fuzzy audio is the only thing taking this to the next level for the experience on my machine!
EDIT: Poked through this thread manually a bit more and found some other people w/ the same issue, so I'm guessing it is indeed a defect inherent to the mod, and not necessarily related to the audio settings of my machine.

Take a look at post # 794 and # 796 (on Page 16 of this thread) as it will get you started with the adjustments

#932 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Take a look at post # 794 and # 796 (on Page 16 of this thread) as it will get you started with the adjustments

Will do, thank you!

#933 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Happy Easter Pinheads.
I've created a new 'tape track list' and version of my custom gotg custom audio mix (that was created from the great work done previously by cleland). Its an 80s electronic music inspired one that hopefully is uplifting for everyone as we hopefully come out of the dark from covid.
If you'd like to try it out then please pm me for the download link. I hope it makes you smile
The 12 track list is changed to:
New Order - Blue Monday
Yazoo - Don’t Go
Depeche Mode - Just Can’t Get Enough
Salt N Pepper - Push it (inc End of Game)
Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
Bananarama - Cruel Summer
Bronski Beat - Small Town Boy
Soft Cell - Tainted Love
The Human League - Don’t You Want Me?
Ultravox - Vienna
Franky Goes to Hollywood - Welcome to the Pleasuredome
Communardes - Don’t Leave Me This Way
Mode pick screen - Dead or Alive - You Spin me right Round
Rampage Double Scoring - Push it (Short), Salt N Pepper
Just available for pro model at the mo whilst its tested out etc. Please let me know what you think if you try it

Good picks on those tracks. I am likeky adding a GOTG to my collection in the near future and would like to try this out. May be different than the movie songs but being an 80's /90's alternative music kid, I like your tracks better than the movie soundtrack.

1 week later
#934 2 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

I ended up turning off the audio movie clips as I felt they were extremely distracting and frankly I wasn’t satisfied with the sound quality at any level. That being said, I love the music chooses Cleland made, they totally bring the game to life! Who needs to be interrupted every 3 seconds with audio clips when you’ve got music like this!

4 weeks later
#935 2 years ago

Can someone please PM me a working link to the 1.06 Pro version? Also messaged Cleland as well. Thanks in advance!

#936 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Can someone please PM me a working link to the 1.06 Pro version? Also messaged Cleland as well. Thanks in advance!

Wolfanoz has been taken care of. And if any of you are fans of video games and Retro Pi images, he has the best!

#937 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Wolfanoz has been taken care of. And if any of you are fans of video games and Retro Pi images, he has the best!

Thanks brother. Greatly appreciated. You made a good game great btw with GoTG. Reason why I bought one btw after playing the before and after.

1 week later
#938 2 years ago

Any chance cleland you can help us new owners out who unfortunately will be getting Guardians with updated code and node boards? I am so bummed out about this. Waiting for the game to ship.

#939 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Any chance cleland you can help us new owners out who unfortunately will be getting Guardians with updated code and node boards? I am so bummed out about this. Waiting for the game to ship.

I'm in the same boat as you and a few others here. I have already received my Cleland mod only to find out about the newer node boards. Stern just dropped code 1.08.0 for Guardians and pinball browser is not liking it.

#940 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_tagram:

I'm in the same boat as you and a few others here. I have already received my Cleland mod only to find out about the newer node boards. Stern just dropped code 1.08.0 for Guardians and pinball browser is not liking it.

I am so disappointed. I bought a bunch of mods for it and this is the one I most wanted. Want to replace those voice actors and add actual voices and clips from the movie. I appreciate all the hard work cleland has done, hopefully he can help us new pro owners. Did you get a shipping notification yet? I ordered through cointaker and melissa hasn’t heard anything.

#941 2 years ago

I feel for you late adopters on these last batch of games with new node boards. I'm not sure they will be able to run my sound update, but I will do my best to support them...if possible. Fingers crossed, your games come with 1.06 stock. If they come with 1.08 you might be tied to the stock sound

#942 2 years ago

What's the possibility that you could put the card with 1.06 Cleland mix on it in there and then upgrade to 1.08 via USB and still keep all the goodness?

#943 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

What's the possibility that you could put the card with 1.06 Cleland mix on it in there and then upgrade to 1.08 via USB and still keep all the goodness?

none, the update overwrites the audio changes and if you put a 1.06 card in a machine that came with 1.08 you will brick the node boards. Since there is a warning in the update files, my guess is stern won't warranty those boards.

Users with 1.06 should not upgrade. Very few actual code changes to the game. Other than the new audits and audio settings the only game change I saw was an update to the replay pop when it occurs during bonus calculation.

#944 2 years ago

none, the update overwrites the audio changes and if you put a 1.06 card in a machine with 1.08 you will brick the node boards and since there is a warning in the update files, my guess is stern won't warranty those boards.

I don’t think updating an old gotg to 108 will brick the gotg. That would be silly.

Also I think, but can and will not try …, that putting 106 on a new machine will brick it. It will just not work I expect.

Let’s hope Cleland will get it to work on 108 and than apple juice will hopefully follow.

#945 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I don’t think updating an old gotg to 108 will brick the gotg. That would be silly.
Also I think, but can and will not try …, that putting 106 on a new machine will brick it. It will just not work I expect.
Let’s hope Cleland will get it to work on 108 and than apple juice will hopefully follow.

I don't think you parsed what I wrote. 1.06 machines have the old node boards and should not upgrade to keep cleland's work.

Machines that come with 1.08 should not be downgraded. From sterns own readme

-------
* NOTE: The current production of Guardians of the Galaxy (GOTG) uses core nodes
(address 8 and 9) with a new electronics component. These core nodes require
firmware version 0.51.0 or later. The GOTG software has been updated to V1.08
with this support. The previous version V1.07 (from 6/28/19) does NOT support
the new node board. If someone DOWNGRADES their new game from 1.08 to 1.07
these newer node boards will no longer work.

------

Interesting thing is I do not think 1.07 was ever actually released. Until the other day 1.06 was the latest on the download site.

#946 2 years ago

I don't think you parsed what I wrote. 1.06 machines have the old node boards and should not upgrade to keep cleland's work.
Machines that come with 1.08 should not be downgraded. From sterns own readme
-------
* NOTE: The current production of Guardians of the Galaxy (GOTG) uses core nodes
(address 8 and 9) with a new electronics component. These core nodes require
firmware version 0.51.0 or later. The GOTG software has been updated to V1.08
with this support. The previous version V1.07 (from 6/28/19) does NOT support
the new node board. If someone DOWNGRADES their new game from 1.08 to 1.07
these newer node boards will no longer work.
------
Interesting thing is I do not think 1.07 was ever actually released. Until the other day 1.06 was the latest on the download site.

I took that to mean the boards won't work with that code but my assumption is that if you upgraded back to 1.08 they would work again. Unfortunately cleland has already confirmed that the upgrade wipes out his audio changes so it's not going to help anyway. Hopefully the man will be able to work his magic on the new code.

#947 2 years ago

The very last line of sterns warning says if you downgrade from 1.08 you will brick the node boards. I would not take the chance if I got a machine with 1.08 on it

#948 2 years ago

Exactly! I wonder how often new features are completed for any game, only to be shelved since the aggregate of these features don't warrant a new release. In this case a bunch of work went into 1.07, but was shelved until the new node boards FORCED the release of microcode, but the new features went along for the ride. Without the chip/microcode issue, V1.07 features may have never seen the light of day!

3 weeks later
#949 2 years ago

is there a sinestro update for 1.08 yet? (pro)

#950 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

is there a sinestro update for 1.08 yet? (pro)

Sound mod support images for 1.08 starts with Pinball Browser supporting that version of sdcard, which at this moment has not happened. Watch the Pinball Browser thread, and when oga83 announces he supports 1.08 sdcards for GOTG, you'll likely see one or more sound mods being released not long afterwards...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.