2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 29.
#851 3 years ago

I used my phone to record all my settings, put in the SD Card and went through each setting to match how I had them. Sucks that Stern doesn’t make the USB save option universal to all tables.

Anyway...running the newest Cleland mod and it is IMHO better than the first one.

But I’ll be messing around with PB and see if I can outdo him.

#852 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Anyway...running the newest Cleland mod and it is IMHO better than the first one.
But I’ll be messing around with PB and see if I can outdo him.

Good Luck

Oh,I forgot to mention I got a Pro back a few days ago and am loving the game again! I will say after about 10 games I went back to using the Stock Music for Groot Multiball. I guess I'm just not that funky ArcadeBar
Anyway, we have options for both versions.

#853 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Good Luck
Oh,I forgot to mention I got a Pro back a few days ago and am loving the game again! I will say after about 10 games I went back to using the Stock Music for Groot Multiball. I guess I'm just not that funky arcadebar

In the early 2000s I had a funk & hip hop band and have seen Parliament 3 times sooo I might be biased!
But now that Star Lord has his Milano back I’m sure you will craft a custom cool Groot MB mix!

#854 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Good Luck
Oh,I forgot to mention I got a Pro back a few days ago and am loving the game again! I will say after about 10 games I went back to using the Stock Music for Groot Multiball. I guess I'm just not that funky arcadebar

When I get my version pieced together I’ll post the song list and where I inserted them. I love the work you guys have done in making GOTG way too much fun to play.

#855 3 years ago

Groot Multi Ball is a 9 minute song. I had a 6 minute Groot multi ball the other night, and it got me thinking...

of doing a custom mix of:
3 minutes - Stock Music / 3 Mins - Flashlight / 3 Minutes - Rubberband Man

That way, the longer you keep the multi ball going...the more rewards you get in music. Rubberband Man is almost like an easter egg, if you can keep the multi ball going for 6 minutes.

#856 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Groot Multi Ball is a 9 minute song. I had a 6 minute Groot multi ball the other night, and it got me thinking...
That way, the longer you keep the multi ball going...the more rewards you get in music. Rubberband Man is almost like an easter egg, if you can keep the multi ball going for 6 minutes.

I'd love this version - much better than the same song looped three times! Fully support -

#857 3 years ago

I created a Parliament 9 minute mix for groot. Flashlight and makin' mine the P funk.....tearin the roof off!

1 week later
#858 3 years ago

Just got a GOTG Pro... And put your sound mod on it directly ! What a game with that, it sounds like a non-stop jukebox !
Many thanks for what you have done here !

Quoted from cleland:

That could be reallllllly cool too

We must hit you by PM to have links now ?

#859 3 years ago
Quoted from marsup:

Just got a GOTG Pro... And put your sound mod on it directly ! What a game with that, it sounds like a non-stop jukebox !
Many thanks for what you have done here !

That could be reallllllly cool too
We must hit you by PM to have links now ?

Welcome to the club! Cleland version is great, but I find myself switching between that and the Applejuice version frequently.. After hundreds of plays, I start to lean more towards the latter which only adds authentic movie lines and then a ton of songs to the mix tape in between modes, but keeps the mode soundtrack intact - the mode songs start to become really repetitive after a while. Give that one a try too.

#860 3 years ago

Thanks mcvetyty , i will try it

#861 3 years ago

Trying to download the applejuice file for the Pro, but keep getting network error after the file appears to complete.
Anyone help please.

#862 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Trying to download the applejuice file for the Pro, but keep getting network error after the file appears to complete.
Anyone help please.

Can you share the Applejuice download link?
I would like to try it in my GOTG as well.
Plus I can see if it will download cleanly on my Macbook (or if I too get a network error).

#863 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Can you share the Applejuice download link?
I would like to try it in my GOTG as well.
Plus I can see if it will download cleanly on my Macbook (or if I too get a network error).

Post #577 contains the link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/12#post-4957576

Posts #581 and #514 explain how it differs from all the other versions out there.

#864 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Post #577 contains the link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/12#post-4957576
Posts #581 and #514 explain how it differs from all the other versions out there.

Thank you!
It downloaded fine on my Mac and I'm currently using Etcher to burn it to a 16GB SD card.

1 week later
#865 3 years ago

Good morning! I just did the sound mod, and I guess I did something wrong The game will boot and the sounds are there, but i am getting the "Node board 9 not found". I swapped the card back to stock, and it works fine. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? Thanks!

#866 3 years ago
Quoted from shriver:

Good morning! I just did the sound mod, and I guess I did something wrong The game will boot and the sounds are there, but i am getting the "Node board 9 not found". I swapped the card back to stock, and it works fine. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? Thanks!

Hmm.. This should not have been a result of the new SD card - the only thing these updates do is replace sound files within the code. Node board 9 connects to the primary board through an ethernet (internet) cable - perhaps it just got bumped during install/re-install? Push on the ethernet cables to make sure they're seating properly and try it again?

#867 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Hmm.. This should not have been a result of the new SD card - the only thing these updates do is replace sound files within the code. Node board 9 connects to the primary board through an ethernet (internet) cable - perhaps it just got bumped during install/re-install? Push on the ethernet cables to make sure they're seating properly and try it again?

What I thought as well. But it's duplicating results repeatedly. I reseated all the cables. I am going to look at it again this weekend to see what I can figure out. I thought maybe it was something someone else has seen. Thanks!

#868 3 years ago
Quoted from shriver:

What I thought as well. But it's duplicating results repeatedly. I reseated all the cables. I am going to look at it again this weekend to see what I can figure out. I thought maybe it was something someone else has seen. Thanks!

Is it possible you have different code versions between the two? Perhaps one of the code changes updated the Node board and now an older version doesn't work?? I don't know the Spike Systems very well, just throwing out possibilities based on my experience with other electronics that have bootloaders, etc.

#869 3 years ago

Maybe you are using LE code on a pro or vice versa

#870 3 years ago
Quoted from shriver:

Good morning! I just did the sound mod, and I guess I did something wrong The game will boot and the sounds are there, but

If you’re using the same SD card for both stock and Cleland then that rules out it being an SD card issue - if not then try a different SD card. I would try (if you haven’t already) re-downloading the sound mod img file, erase the SD, then reinstall the fresh download, maybe try downloading it with an Ethernet cable if you’ve been downloading wirelessly.

#871 3 years ago

I would like to download Clelands mod for the pro version, but I am having trouble accessing the link. It keeps giving me a file not found error. Can someone please share the link with me? I must be doing something wrong!

#872 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinfert:

I would like to download Clelands mod for the pro version, but I am having trouble accessing the link. It keeps giving me a file not found error. Can someone please share the link with me? I must be doing something wrong!

It's been discussed just a few posts ago that the links are no longer valid and that you need to PM cleland to get the code.

#873 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Is it possible you have different code versions between the two? Perhaps one of the code changes updated the Node board and now an older version doesn't work?? I don't know the Spike Systems very well, just throwing out possibilities based on my experience with other electronics that have bootloaders, etc.

This is what I was wondering. If he was going from a previous version to a SD swap to newer code then any node board updates probably would not take place like they would with a spk file update process.

shriver Hey brother, can you verify that your stock code is the same version as the cleland code you downloaded? You just got that thing NIB right? Good chance different versions are causing this issue.

#874 3 years ago

No.
the Cleland mod is the same as if you updated with an spk file

You can be running an older version and update with the Cleland version and it should act exactly like the newest .spk
You are just swapping out an SD card which has the firmware on it

#875 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

No.
the Cleland mod is the same as if you updated with an spk file
You can be running an older version and update with the Cleland version and it should act exactly like the newest .spk
You are just swapping out an SD card which has the firmware on it

Will that update node board firmware though?

#876 3 years ago

it is the newest updated firm ware burned on an SD card....the same as if you were to update your SD card with the .spk file

#877 3 years ago

To be clear, updating via the USB method via Stern's .SPK updates are really only useful if you want to just update your stock code with new features.

The full .img method is much better for sound modding, because you're applying your sound changes to the entire latest code, and providing an entire image of the game. Yeah, you loose all your default settings and high scores....but come on, you can achieve them again.

#878 3 years ago

Anyone have a problem loosing flipper power? I have had a few games after the new code where its like i tilted but its not a tilt. I loose power to the flipper for a few seconds. I put the old code back in, but not sure if it did it or not. After updating to the cleland code there is no going back to the normal stern code. So I'm not sure what's going on. I checked connections. There are no tec alerts.

#879 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

To be clear, updating via the USB method via Stern's .SPK updates are really only useful if you want to just update your stock code with new features.
The full .img method is much better for sound modding, because you're applying your sound changes to the entire latest code, and providing an entire image of the game. Yeah, you loose all your default settings and high scores....but come on, you can achieve them again.

Thanks guys! After looking at this further, it appears that I just have a bad node board (9). I booted the game up to look at this again last night, and with the stock card in, it's now node 9 not found on stock, and on cleland. It was NIB last week, and has 12 plays on it. Thanks for your input, looks like this one is just bad hardware.

#880 3 years ago
Quoted from shriver:

Thanks guys! After looking at this further, it appears that I just have a bad node board (9). I booted the game up to look at this again last night, and with the stock card in, it's now node 9 not found on stock, and on cleland. It was NIB last week, and has 12 plays on it. Thanks for your input, looks like this one is just bad hardware.

I had an error like that on a brand new Spike 2 game once.
Pretty sure I just reclicked the connector(s). Definitely didn't need to replace it in my case.

#881 3 years ago

Yes, the node boards are finicky. I’ve gone as far as disconnecting all the connectors to the board and reconnecting them. The problem then usually goes away.

#882 3 years ago
Quoted from shriver:

I've seen others have "missing" node boards for these reasons:
-updated game with wrong version (pro vs le)
-coindoor left open during update (interlock switch out)
-coindoor left open during boot up
-loose rj45 (ethernet) connector(s)
-bad boards

OR- it's a longshot, but it's possible you could have a bad ethernet cable too. Before swapping out a node board I'd try using a different ethernet cable (or cables) connected to node board 9

#883 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I've seen others have "missing" node boards for these reasons:
-updated game with wrong version (pro vs le)
-coindoor left open during update (interlock switch out)
-coindoor left open during boot up
-loose rj45 (ethernet) connector(s)
-bad boards
OR- it's a longshot, but it's possible you could have a bad ethernet cable too. Before swapping out a node board I'd try using a different ethernet cable (or cables) connected to node board 9

Thanks! It's possible the coin door was open,but it doesn't appear that GOTG has a interlock like the newer games. I will replace the cables and try that (as I am dying to play it with the cleland mod). I have reseated all rj45 connections on all boards. Not sure entirely how they are interlinked, if at all. Definitely used the LE code, I actually just went back and verified, thought maybe I was losing it. Thanks man!

1 month later
#884 3 years ago

I just picked up an LE this week. I'd previously played a couple of GOTG on location and didn't realize they were already running Cleland's sound files. Wow. What a difference it makes from the factory sound package. (It also didn't hurt that I brought it from 0.81 to 1.06 at the same time). Well done @cleland; this makes this pin shine in a way it wouldn't be able to without your contributions.

1 month later
#885 3 years ago

cleland - Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I just installed your SD card MOD and breathed new life into my Guardians machine. I liked the machine before, but I love it now. Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to do this and share with the world. You are an artist!!!

4 weeks later
#886 3 years ago

As there is very little videomaterial I made a gameplya video to be seen at

Can only hope it can be seen around the world as license issues can be expected I am afraid

3F014D0D-A729-4BCF-8D3E-48915C4113DF (resized).jpeg3F014D0D-A729-4BCF-8D3E-48915C4113DF (resized).jpegFC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpegFC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg
#887 3 years ago

For those running cleland sound (amazing!), what do you all recommend for speech and music attenuation settings? I prefer more music and lower voices but still being able to hear what they are saying. Looking for perfection!

#888 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

For those running cleland sound (amazing!), what do you all recommend for speech and music attenuation settings? I prefer more music and lower voices but still being able to hear what they are saying. Looking for perfection!

Curious to know as well

#889 3 years ago

Have you tried the cleland reccomendation of sper ach attenuation on -23? That works fine. For me at least.

#890 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Can only hope it can be seen around the world as license issues can be expected I am afraid

Great score! Love that light show on the premium/LE models. First I’ve seen a Cleland vid on that model. Thanks for sharing.

#891 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Have you tried the cleland reccomendation of sper ach attenuation on -23? That works fine. For me at least.

Thanks hadn't seen this. So -23 for speech and music even at 0?

#892 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This is great for folks new to GOTG who don't know about cleland!

#893 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thank you for posting this, and I hope it stays around. I spent easily over a hundred hours on that project, but never had the right rig to capture it all.

I'm happy to have another Pro I got mid COVID and still enjoy this game immensely. I have mine, along with Stranger Things hooked up with the Pinnovators audio kit to a Polk Sub. I have my "Speech Attenuation" setting at -20 and "Music Attenuation" at the stock 0 setting.

I'm happy to see so many new folks enjoying this game with my sound mods, two years later!

#894 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Just for the record, these sound replacement mods do not affect any other settings, like shaker, lights or anything like that.
The code simply calls for a sound file to be played when triggered and Pinball Browser allows you to change that sound file.
So, here is a revised update I'd like to present as another alternative to my original work. Thanks to arcadebar for his amazing input and testing of this.
He really came up with the tweaks, and I implemented them. One of the things I struggled with was replacing the song loops that let you choose a mode.
I went back to factory, since we were able to get so many more songs in the Mix Tape Bank (in between mode slots). I'll take feedback on what you guys might want to do about that.
Per usual, the links at the bottom of the thread are full .img files that need to be flashed to a class 10 SD card via Etcher or similar disc utility.
Replace the stock SD card in your game with the newly flashed version. Be sure to go into game settings and adjust the Speech and Music Attenuation settings accordingly to your taste/hearing.
Here's the breakdown of what's in the update:
Antiquities Shop
I Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky - Start to 1 Min Mark
II Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky – Pickup at 3:19 Mark to continue mode on guitar solo
Knowwhere
I David Bowie - Moonage Dream – Start to 1:26 Min Mark
II David Bowie - Moonage Dream - Pickup at 2:07 Mark to continue the song on mode II
Escape Kyln
I Blue Swede/Rupert Holmes - Hooked on a Feeling/Pina Colada (Edited by me)
II Stock Music
Pod Chase
I Raspberries – Go All The Way (This is also the High Score Music Request)
II Stock Music
Quills Quest
I Redbone - Come and Get Your Love
II 10CC – I’m Not In Love
Sanctuary
I The Five Stairsteps – O-H-H Child
II Stock Music
Sibling Rivalry
I The Sweet - Fox On The Run
II Stock Music
Yaka Arrow
I Jay & The Americans - Come A Little Bit Closer
II Fleetwood Mac - The Chain
Groot Multiball – Parliament Funk - Flashlight
Orb Multiball – Silver - Wham Bam Shang a Lang
Cherry Bomb Multiball –Cherry Bomb (Stock for Obvious Reasons)
Mixbank Songs
Escape/Pina Colada
George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
Sam Cook - Bring It On Home
Cheap Trick – Surrender
Fooled Around And Fell In Love
Looking Glass - Brandy
Glen Campbell - Southern Lights
Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah - Lakeshore Drive
PRO VERSION HERE:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/do6g39e2bjquved/GOTG%20_CLELAND_ARCADEBAR_PRO_1_06.img?dl=1
LE/PREMIUM VERSION HERE:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3a5t98dhapgg4b/GOTG%20_CLELAND_ARCADEBAR_LE_1_06.img?dl=1
Enjoy your game!
Starlord

Unfortunately the link is no longer available - can some chime in and reup the pro version?

Thank you guys

#895 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Unfortunately the link is no longer available - can some chime in and reup the pro version?
Thank you guys

He had to stop posting them publicly but you can still get it if you PM cleland directly.

#896 3 years ago

Big thanks to Cleland.

Also a nother question in this round - has someone the "Sound request" for the missions?

And I also want to modify to things for my personal taste:

- Hadron Enforcer Targets (sound)
- "Start" Orb Multiball sequenze

Hope you can help me guys? Or maybe directly @cleland?

Thank you for your help.

Mighty

1 week later
#897 3 years ago

Hello friends, I am going to sell my spiderman 2007 and I would like to buy again gotg pro version huo .... with protective playfield, do you know any near Spain from a trusted seller? Cheers

#898 3 years ago

Hello friends, I am going to sell my spiderman 2007 and I would like to buy again gotg pro version huo .... with protective playfield, do you know any near Spain from a trusted seller? Cheers !!!!!

2 months later
#899 3 years ago

I worked a bit on the Guardians of the Galaxy and made my own Sound Mod version based on the Sinestro and cleland sound mod.

This is based on the original songs, but uses a few faster and, in my opinion, more suitable cover versions for the modes.

Furthermore, the Orbmultiball was adjusted so that there is a little more atmosphere.

For me ITS a Bit more pumping Up

If you want to listen, you can watch a few videos and see / hear how the current status is.

https://mega.nz/folder/EwhimBJC#qU5pBXM6JZyiCBG7BzDPzQ

Hope you enjoy it.

Le Version is wip

1 week later
#900 3 years ago

Wow, this mod has me gunning for a GotG pin. Love the song choices.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.95
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.00
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/18?hl=rwmech5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.