2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 29.
#801 3 years ago
Quoted from midhandicapper:

Just upgraded to the new code - many thanks to Cleland and ArcadeBar for the great work! Now I will have to re-dedicate myself to achieving the high scores that the update wiped out...

Did you save settings to usb first?

#802 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

No! Until seeing your post, I had no idea that you could do this. Will have to do that in the future - thanks!

#803 3 years ago

How is this done?

#804 3 years ago
Quoted from midhandicapper:

Just upgraded to the new code - many thanks to Cleland and ArcadeBar for the great work! Now I will have to re-dedicate myself to achieving the high scores that the update wiped out...

Awesome, glad you like it! At least the new high score music cheers you on to ‘go all the way’ to beat your old scores!(;

#805 3 years ago

I thought backing up the settings on USB was essentially creating a USB version of the existing code/version - once you restore this, wouldn't it just restore the old Cleland code over the new one?

Edit: Just did some researching, and pretty sure the above is correct. You can't just restore settings/scores - when you do a restore, you're going to lose the new Cleland update.

#806 3 years ago

I made a mistake guys. Sorry if I caused confusion.

The options in the utilities menu that allow for both saving and restoring all adjustment settings (and high scores) is NOT currently in the GOTG 1.06 code. I thought it was. These options are present in the most recent code versions for the latest spike 2 games like Jurassic Park and Stranger Things. I forgot that they weren’t coded in GOTG yet. My bad.

#807 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Thanks for doing that, I'll try to watch the rest later but from what I heard in the first 10 minutes I think I still prefer the "OG" Cleland mix. I'm sure I'll load it up one of these days to try it out for myself though.
P.S. How many times have you been Jason Bourne for Halloween?

The first couple times I played I preferred the earlier Cleland mix, but this one started to grow on my after a while. I have each one on its own SD card so it is easy enough to change them.

I don't know if I can pull off Jason Bourne. My wife thinks I'm more like his character in The Informant where he is a lot geekier and had to put on a few pounds for the part.

#808 3 years ago

Can I use a SanDisk 32GB class 10 UHS-I card?
thx

#809 3 years ago

Just added a subwoofer.
Wow!
New sound package with a subwoofer is insane!

#810 3 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Can I use a SanDisk 32GB class 10 UHS-I card?
thx

Assuming that's an SD card, yes

#811 3 years ago

Sorry, yes it's an SD card. thx

#812 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Just added a subwoofer.
Wow!
New sound package with a subwoofer is insane!

Try a shaker as well...epic

#813 3 years ago

Though sanctuary has a bit too much low end on the Ronan dialog. It gets really boomy. I wonder if Cleland Hi passed filtered any of those samples. This one could sure use it.

#814 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The first couple times I played I preferred the earlier Cleland mix, but this one started to grow on my after a while. I have each one on its own SD card so it is easy enough to change them.
I don't know if I can pull off Jason Bourne. My wife thinks I'm more like his character in The Informant where he is a lot geekier and had to put on a few pounds for the part.

I feel the same way. But the song in Groot multi-ball definitely gets on my nerves. The rest of the code is good.

#815 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I feel the same way. But the song in Groot multi-ball definitely gets on my nerves. The rest of the code is good.

I get the sense I'm going to be asked for some personal versions...which is OK by me. Just send me a PM. Someone asked about Rubberband Man because Starlord was singing it in Avengers Infinity War. We tried to keep it to the movies, but let me know what you desire.

#816 3 years ago

Hello,
download keeps keeps stopping around 7gb
do I need I dropbox account to complete the download?

#817 3 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Hello,
download keeps keeps stopping around 7gb
do I need I dropbox account to complete the download?

You do not need a special account, it could just be internet traffic. Try at different times and hopefully you get it downloaded.

#818 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

You do not need a special account, it could just be internet traffic. Try at different times and hopefully you get it downloaded.

Not sure if it was a coincidence,but after at least 10 failed downloads I switched from safari to chrome browser then it worked hope this can help someone.
Can't wait to enjoy the upgrade!

#819 3 years ago

Parliament Flashlight!!! Absolutely love it!

#820 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Parliament Flashlight!!! Absolutely love it!

I guess your SD card arrived
Enjoy!

#821 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I guess your SD card arrived
Enjoy!

Yes!! Thank you!!

#822 3 years ago

Hello team,
When I put card in, I get only game over and generic high scores. No music and I can’t play the game. I tried twice using etcher to format it. Any ideas?

#823 3 years ago
Quoted from Babarr3445:

Hello team,
When I put card in, I get only game over and generic high scores. No music and I can’t play the game. I tried twice using etcher to format it. Any ideas?

Sounds fine. Put a coin in and play. Or set it to Freeplay.

#824 3 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Sounds fine. Put a coin in and play. Or set it to Freeplay.

I press start and nothing happens. Am I missing something? Where do I set for free play? I don’t even know how to adjust sound.

#825 3 years ago
Quoted from Babarr3445:

I press start and nothing happens. Am I missing something? Where do I set for free play? I don’t even know how to adjust sound.

Well ya you have to either pay to play or set it to Freeplay (or add credits manually).

Inside the coin door are three buttons that set all options. Pretty self-explanatory from there but if not, just look in your manual or online or YouTube or whatever as this is the kind of thing a home pin owner needs to know eventually.

#826 3 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Well ya you have to either pay to play or set it to Freeplay (or add credits manually).
Inside the coin door are three buttons that set all options. Pretty self-explanatory from there but if not, just look in your manual or online or YouTube or whatever as this is the kind of thing a home pin owner needs to know eventually.

Rookie mistake. I figured it out. Thanks!

#827 3 years ago

For those that are not into in the P-Funk Flashlight song during Groot Multiball, teddyb73 asked for a version putting the stock music back in.

Here is a link to the Pro version of that option.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0ttbanq3mp4aea/GOTG%20_CLELAND_TEDDYB_PRO_1_06.img?dl=1

#828 3 years ago

Finally had some time to get this on an SD card and into my game. Thanks once again to cleland for his work!

#829 3 years ago

All Download links are not working ?

#830 3 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I am getting the following error:

Error (404)
We can't find the page you're looking for.

#831 3 years ago

I really love the Cleland mod I’m currently running. Just saw this new version and will be ordering another SD from Amazon for $10 and downloading soon. I think GOTG gets to another level with Cleland’s efforts. Having 3 cards (Stern OG, Cleland 1 and Cleland 2) to slap in the table makes for such great variety.

#832 3 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Quoted from casa76:

I am getting the following error:
Error (404)
We can't find the page you're looking for.

It seems to be working fine stateside, I wonder if Dropbox is blocking to other countries? Looking into it.

#833 3 years ago

Links not working (USA here). Error 404 as well. I assume they'll be back up soon.

#834 3 years ago

My son and I changed the Ronan music to Black Sabbath Paranoid! it has 0 to with the movie but it sounds cool as hell!!
oh and we made Groot multiball a Parliament megamix! Tear the Roof of tha sucka!
We were going to do a Disney GOTGMission Breakout megamix cause we have been jonesing for Disneyland but The funk is too cool

#835 3 years ago

My Dropbox account has been flagged for improper use (and I pay for premium). Might be the amount of bandwidth downloaded, I hope to get things back and running soon. Hang tight.

#836 3 years ago

That sucks..you should put it up on a bit torrent site ....or someone should.
Screw Dropbox

#837 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

My Dropbox account has been flagged for improper use (and I pay for premium). I'm wouldn't be surprised if STERN is behind this

WTF? Could it be just because of the number of downloads from all over the world (you ARE the man after all!)?

#838 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

My Dropbox account has been flagged for improper use (and I pay for premium). Might be the amount of bandwidth downloaded, I hope to get things back and running soon. Hang tight.

I'm hanging tight. I'm anxious to get your latest updates.. my 17 year old son wont play the game without your sound adjustments and your latest updates seem to make things even better! Thank you and hope you are able to make your work available to us soon.

#839 3 years ago

Sorry in advance. Downloaded the latest Pro version. In downloads it is a GOTG etc.. .img file, double clicked on it and it is a Boot Stern drive icon/folder with two files in it. Which do I put on the SD card via Etcher?
thx

#840 3 years ago

Don't double click. Burn the img.

#841 3 years ago

will do. thx

#842 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

For those that are not into in the P-Funk Flashlight song during Groot Multiball, teddyb73 asked for a version putting the stock music back in.
Here is a link to the Pro version of that option.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0ttbanq3mp4aea/GOTG%20_CLELAND_TEDDYB_PRO_1_06.img?dl=1

Love all your work cleland , thank you so much, you've made a good game into a great one. Looks like the primary link was restored, but this one is still not working. I wanted to try Groot Multi with the stock swap if you can restore this link as well. Thank you!

#843 3 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Love all your work cleland , thank you so much, you've made a good game into a great one. Looks like the primary link was restored, but this one is still not working. I wanted to try Groot Multi with the stock swap if you can restore this link as well. Thank you!

I'm removing all public links, so best to reach out to me directly. Check your inbox.

#844 3 years ago

Hi Cleland,

Links are dead in france...

Could you do something ? thanks a lot,

Yannick

#845 3 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi Cleland,
Links are dead in france...
Could you do something ? thanks a lot,
Yannick

Quoted from cleland:

I'm removing all public links, so best to reach out to me directly. Check your inbox.

#846 3 years ago

Anyone know the process of having an editor mark a post as key? It'd be nice to make post #845 a key post, otherwise I think we're going to get a lot of posts similar to #844...

#847 3 years ago

Hey guys.
It's really not very difficult to flash Cleland's img file onto your own SD card. Let me try to help you.
Obviously you'll need an SD card. I use 16gb class 10 cards from Sandisk usually.
If your computer already has an SD card slot then you're ready. If you computer only has a usb port then you need to buy an external sd card reader.
I bought this one from bestbuy.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-usb-3-0-advanced-memory-card-reader/5787403.p?skuId=5787403
Download and save Cleland's newest img file on your PC. It's over 8gb.
Follow the instructions on post #387.
In Etcher be SURE you're selecting clelands file and your empty sd card before clicking the flash button.
Before switching SD cards in your game you may want to write down any adjustments that you have changed from the defaults. Or you can use a usb thumb drive and save your settings from your game utilities menu.
Turn off your game.
Switch sd cards.
Turn on game and manually change settings to match what you wrote down, or restore the settings from your usb thumb drive.
Play!
Note... settings, and high scores are saved on the sd card. So when you swap cards you'll swap settings and high scores. Regardless of how you acquired the card.
Hope this helps
Nick

“Or you can use a USB thumb drive and save your settings from your game utilities menu”.

Can someone walk me thru this process? I went to my Utilities Menu and there is no option to save settings. Thanks!

#848 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

“Or you can use a USB thumb drive and save your settings from your game utilities menu”.
Can someone walk me thru this process? I went to my Utilities Menu and there is no option to save settings. Thanks!

gamejunky corrected himself in a latter post, those options do not exist in GOTG.

#849 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

gamejunky corrected himself in a latter post, those options do not exist in Spike 1 games only Spike 2.

Okay, just saw that 1.06 GOTG code does not include UTIL —-> SAVE and RESTORE. ARGH!

#850 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

I edited my original post now so this won’t confuse others. Sorry.

Quoted from bobukcat:

gamejunky corrected himself in a latter post, those options do not exist in Spike 1 games only Spike 2.

GB was the last spike 1. BM66 was the first spike 2. However there are certain features/options in certain games that are missing in others regardless of the spike version.
Like the save/restore to usb utility missing from GOTG.
Another one that drives me nuts when it’s absent is the “hold left flipper/start button to end game” feature. This one is super helpful in the home environment. It’s in JP, STh, GB, and others. But it’s missing from GOTG and DP. Grrrrrr

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/17?hl=mcvetyty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.