2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 29.
#752 3 years ago

Just a heads-up I've been working with ArcadeBar on a very nice update and tweaking for GOTG.
Stay tuned, some nice changes are coming for yet another alternate version

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Just a heads-up I've been working with arcadebar on a very nice update and tweaking for GOTG.

I thought you sold your GOTG??

#754 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Just a heads-up I've been working with arcadebar on a very nice update and tweaking for GOTG.

Sweet! Just picked up a GOTG pro yesterday!

#755 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I thought you sold your GOTG??

i did, but I'm trying to get another one back
And, we've been testing this new version out and I think it's going to be well received.

#756 3 years ago

Dammit, I need a GOTG Premium like yesterday. Pros a plenty, LE’s here and there, where are the premiums?

#757 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Dammit, I need a GOTG Premium like yesterday. Pros a plenty, LE’s here and there, where are the premiums?

I agree I have been shopping for a premium I have an added posted

#758 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I agree I have been shopping for a premium I have an added posted

We will have to battle to the death now.

#759 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

We will have to battle to the death now.

I love a friendly competition

#760 3 years ago

Waiting for the final play test from ArcadeBar and will post the changes and links

#761 3 years ago

Love to see that, still on the fence for a GotG le or premium. But this sound mod is a must, if it did not exist I would not even consider buying one. I need Mr blue sky in the machine

#762 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Waiting for the final play test from arcadebar and will post the changes and links

Can't wait to see what you've done!

#763 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Can't wait to see what you've done!

I think you meant you can't wait to hear what he's done.

#764 3 years ago

can I just put clelands .img file on a USB and boot it up to update or do I have to use an SD card? I have no way to burn an SD card...

#765 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

can I just put clelands .img file on a USB and boot it up to update or do I have to use an SD card? I have no way to burn an SD card...

No, you have to use etcher or a similar program to burn the image to a card. If you have a way to copy the file to a USB card how do you not have the ability to burn the image to it?

#766 3 years ago

Thanks...I just wanted to know if there was another option. USB thumb drive is ubiquitous to all computers an SD option is not.
I will buy a USB SD card reader/writer.

#767 3 years ago

So I was able to finally use the mod to replace the sounds. Cleland mod is 100% necessary for full enjoyment of this game ,though my shaker motor seems to have been attenuated quite a bit. Even on maximal usage setting it is barely used now. This is odd. I went back and a/b the original and it was much stronger. Does anyone know why this is the case and can it be fixed? If nothing can be done...I guess I sell the shaker motor...

Thanks
Todd

#768 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

So I was able to finally use the mod to replace the sounds. Cleland mod is 100% necessary for full enjoyment of this game ,though my shaker motor seems to have been attenuated quite a bit. Even on maximal usage setting it is barely used now. This is odd. I went back and a/b the original and it was much stronger. Does anyone know why this is the case and can it be fixed? If nothing can be done...I guess I sell the shaker motor...
Thanks
Todd

That is very odd. Updating the code for new audio shouldn't affect Shaker motor usage at all

#769 3 years ago

Well the shaker seems to cue from audio. At least that's how it seems.
Has anyone else had any shaker attenuation ?

#770 3 years ago

What's new in this update? Can't wait this update take GOTG from an 8 to a 10! This makes the game so much fun.

Thanks again for all the hard work on this.

#771 3 years ago

Cleland’s mix is already epic and a total game changer for this machine! I’ve had an absolute blast working with him on this alt version and hope uguys dig it!!.....

#772 3 years ago

Just for the record, these sound replacement mods do not affect any other settings, like shaker, lights or anything like that.
The code simply calls for a sound file to be played when triggered and Pinball Browser allows you to change that sound file.

So, here is a revised update I'd like to present as another alternative to my original work. Thanks to ArcadeBar for his amazing input and testing of this.
He really came up with the tweaks, and I implemented them. One of the things I struggled with was replacing the song loops that let you choose a mode.
I went back to factory, since we were able to get so many more songs in the Mix Tape Bank (in between mode slots). I'll take feedback on what you guys might want to do about that.

Per usual, the links at the bottom of the thread are full .img files that need to be flashed to a class 10 SD card via Etcher or similar disc utility.
Replace the stock SD card in your game with the newly flashed version. Be sure to go into game settings and adjust the Speech and Music Attenuation settings accordingly to your taste/hearing.

Here's the breakdown of what's in the update:

Antiquities Shop
I Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky - Start to 1 Min Mark
II Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky – Pickup at 3:19 Mark to continue mode on guitar solo

Knowwhere
I David Bowie - Moonage Dream – Start to 1:26 Min Mark
II David Bowie - Moonage Dream - Pickup at 2:07 Mark to continue the song on mode II

Escape Kyln
I Blue Swede/Rupert Holmes - Hooked on a Feeling/Pina Colada (Edited by me)
II Stock Music

Pod Chase
I Raspberries – Go All The Way (This is also the High Score Music Request)
II Stock Music

Quills Quest
I Redbone - Come and Get Your Love
II 10CC – I’m Not In Love

Sanctuary
I The Five Stairsteps – O-H-H Child
II Stock Music

Sibling Rivalry
I The Sweet - Fox On The Run
II Stock Music

Yaka Arrow
I Jay & The Americans - Come A Little Bit Closer
II Fleetwood Mac - The Chain

Groot Multiball – Parliament Funk - Flashlight
Orb Multiball – Silver - Wham Bam Shang a Lang
Cherry Bomb Multiball –Cherry Bomb (Stock for Obvious Reasons)

Mixbank Songs
Escape/Pina Colada
George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
Sam Cook - Bring It On Home
Cheap Trick – Surrender
Fooled Around And Fell In Love
Looking Glass - Brandy
Glen Campbell - Southern Lights
Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah - Lakeshore Drive

PRO VERSION HERE:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/do6g39e2bjquved/GOTG%20_CLELAND_ARCADEBAR_PRO_1_06.img?dl=1

LE/PREMIUM VERSION HERE:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3a5t98dhapgg4b/GOTG%20_CLELAND_ARCADEBAR_LE_1_06.img?dl=1

Enjoy your game!
Starlord

#773 3 years ago

Hell yes!!
Thanks Cleland!

#774 3 years ago

does it still play Mr Blue Sky on mode choice?

#775 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Just for the record, these sound replacement mods do not affect any other settings, like shaker, lights are anything.
The code simply calls for a sound file to be played when triggered and Pinball Browser allows you to change that sound file.
So, here is a revised update I'd like to present as another alternative to my original work. Thanks to arcadebar for his amazing input and testing of this.
He really came up with the tweaks, and I implemented them. One of the things I struggled with was replacing the song loops that let you choose a mode.
I went back to factory, since we were able to get so many more songs in the Mix Tape Bank (in between mode slots). I'll take feedback on what you guys might want to do about that.
Per usual, the links at the bottom of the thread are full .img files that need to be flashed to a class 10 SD card via Etcher or similar disc utility.
Replace the stock SD card in your game with the newly flashed version. Be sure to go into game settings and adjust the Speech and Music Attenuation settings accordingly to your taste/hearing.
Here's the breakdown of what's in the update:
Antiquities Shop
I Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky - Start to 1 Min Mark
II Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky – Pickup at 3:19 Mark to continue mode on guitar solo
Knowwhere
I David Bowie - Moonage Dream – Start to 1:26 Min Mark
II David Bowie - Moonage Dream - Pickup at 2:07 Mark to continue the song on mode II
Escape Kyln
I Blue Swede/Rupert Holmes - Hooked on a Feeling/Pina Colada (Edited by me)
II Stock Music
Pod Chase
I Raspberries – Go All The Way (This is also the High Score Music Request)
II Stock Music
Quills Quest
I Redbone - Come and Get Your Love
II 10CC – I’m Not In Love
Sanctuary
I The Five Stairsteps – O-H-H Child
II Stock Music
Sibling Rivalry
I The Sweet - Fox On The Run
II Stock Music
Yaka Arrow
I Jay & The Americans - Come A Little Bit Closer
II Fleetwood Mac - The Chain
Groot Multiball – Parliament Funk - Flashlight
Orb Multiball – Silver - Wham Bam Shang a Lang
Cherry Bomb Multiball –Cherry Bomb (Stock for Obvious Reasons)
Mixbank Songs
Escape/Pina Colada
George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
Sam Cook - Bring It On Home
Cheap Trick – Surrender
Fooled Around And Fell In Love
Looking Glass - Brandy
Glen Campbell - Southern Lights
Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah - Lakeshore Drive
PRO VERSION HERE:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/do6g39e2bjquved/GOTG%20_CLELAND_ARCADEBAR_PRO_1_06.img?dl=1
LE/PREMIUM VERSION HERE:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3a5t98dhapgg4b/GOTG%20_CLELAND_ARCADEBAR_LE_1_06.img?dl=1
Enjoy your game!
Starlord

This looks awesome! Can't wait to try it out, thank you!

#776 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

does it still play Mr Blue Sky on mode choice?

Of course! That’s the game start sound request. Don’t want to mess with that

#777 3 years ago

Just played a couple of games and.......... it's Fantastic!

You made a great game with an already great Cleland mix even better. Thank ArcadeBar and Cleland.

This elevates the game even further.

#778 3 years ago

Alas, I'm nowhere near computer literate enough to even consider these code changes. I bought machine second hand with Cleland code already installed and enjoy it very much

#779 3 years ago

Hi guys just a few notes here on this new alt version:

Mr Blue Sky is still the Mode Selection music throughout the entire game!

We changed the short 'plunge' song loops that were on all subsequent ball plunges after you've drained while still in a mode (they were the short loops that would play from the time you launched the ball till it dropped into the pops or hit the first switch, then it goes into mode music). These were set back to the factory 'score' sounds, but now all those songs are represented either in modes or added into the Mix Tape bank so you get to enjoy them for longer lengths during play

The Mix Tape bank still has the original 4 songs in it, we've just added the additional 8 that Cleland listed above. So there's plenty of awesome Guardians 1&2 tunes that the random mix tape pulls from to always make your game fresh and a little different

An easter egg for any fellow guitar players out there is if you hang out in Knowhere 2 we've switched it to the last half of the song, so you can jam out to the whole guitar solo of Moonage Daydream while you go for orbits((: also in Antiquities Shop 2 we've dropped you right in on the Spirit in the Sky guitar solo.

Nebula now Goes All the Way in her pursuit to get Gamora and tries to battle the Fox on the Run with her own rockin mode, also with each high score entry you're encouraged to Go All the Way

Sanctuary ties in Quill's dance-off distraction song at the end of the movie with pouty boy Ronin

Antiquities Shop has Spirit in the Sky driving the bargain

Every time you hit Groot multiball its a P-funk Party that you've just got to keep goin! & Orb MB is just as fun as the balls wham bam and shang a lang all around

Theres still a nice balance of Stock Mode 2 in many modes so you can enjoy the movie scores and scenes in those modes that last a while

**Remember to go into your settings: Adjustments>Feature Adjustments>#63 Speech Attenuation and set it to -5 (or more to your liking) so that you get the movie vocal clips louder in the mix. If you want the music louder than the game sound effects (that trigger whenever switches are hit) then you can adjust #62 Music Attenuation to -2 or -5 etc... but just remember to go back and adjust Speech another -5 (or more) greater than your Music value to get the vocals back out in front of the mix.

When the Mix Tape comes on every once in a while just catch the ball and enjoy the coolest jukebox ever!!

Cleland = Starlord!

#780 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Alas, I'm nowhere near computer literate enough to even consider these code changes. I bought machine second hand with Cleland code already installed and enjoy it very much

Send me a PM or DM...or whatever the kids are calling it these days. I can send you an SD card ready to plug and play.

#781 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Send me a PM or DM...or whatever the kids are calling it these days. I can send you an SD card ready to plug and play.

I would like an SD card ready to plug and play. Love your last update. How can I get the latest from you?

Thanks

Aaron

#782 3 years ago

Can someone make a video with the new mix?

#783 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Can someone make a video with the new mix?

Probably won't be able to post it because of DMCA, the song clips will get flagged and the video pulled.

#784 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I would like an SD card ready to plug and play. Love your last update. How can I get the latest from you?
Thanks
Aaron

+1 for a SD card ready to go. I love the original cleland version and can't wait to hear the latest changes. I'm baffled as well about changing the music on my game, it came with the cleland version installed. I don't expect to get one for free. Let me know how I can get one.
thx
izzy

#785 3 years ago

Hey guys.
It's really not very difficult to flash Cleland's img file onto your own SD card. Let me try to help you.

Obviously you'll need an SD card. I use 16gb class 10 cards from Sandisk usually.
If your computer already has an SD card slot then you're ready. If you computer only has a usb port then you need to buy an external sd card reader.
I bought this one from bestbuy.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-usb-3-0-advanced-memory-card-reader/5787403.p?skuId=5787403

Download and save Cleland's newest img file on your PC. It's over 8gb.
Follow the instructions on post #387.
In Etcher be SURE you're selecting clelands file and your empty sd card before clicking the flash button.

Before switching SD cards in your game you may want to write down any adjustments that you have changed from the defaults. Or you can use a usb thumb drive and save your settings from your game utilities menu.
Turn off your game.
Switch sd cards.
Turn on game and manually change settings to match what you wrote down, or restore the settings from your usb thumb drive.
Play!

Note... settings, and high scores are saved on the sd card. So when you swap cards you'll swap settings and high scores. Regardless of how you acquired the card.

Hope this helps
Nick

Added over 4 years ago:

My mistake. GOTG does NOT have a save/restore settings to usb feature in the menu like the newer Stern’s have. Not as of 1.06 anyway

#786 3 years ago

I just flashed a card using an iMac, it was super easy, 16gb sd card and etcher, took about 15 minutes from start to finish.

You can do it!!

#787 3 years ago

Etcher didn't work on my PC windows 8 I used : Win32 Disk Imager <------type that in google

with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZHNGM3G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00

and this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0143RTB1E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

very easy

#788 3 years ago

Cat Stevens gone from this mix? Was that the short plunge loops that were replaced?

-RLF

#789 3 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

Cat Stevens gone from this mix? Was that the short plunge loops that were replaced?
-RLF

Yes, that's the only song I couldn't get in. All the short plunge loops are back to stock music (except Mr. Blue Sky).
If there's enough demand I can do an alternate version that puts the short plunge music tracks back.

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Yes, that's the only song I couldn't get in. All the short plunge loops are back to stock music (except Mr. Blue Sky).
If there's enough demand I can do an alternate version that puts the short plunge music tracks back.

Thanks Cleland. It's a worthy sacrifice. Having to listen to the short loops play over and over while you wait for a friend to wrap up their mid-game phone call with their wife/girlfriend/dentist/financial advisor/etc is annoying

-RLF

#791 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Probably won't be able to post it because of DMCA, the song clips will get flagged and the video pulled.

any sharing via dropbox, local NAS, anything not Youtube?

#792 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

If someone wants to send me video of gameplay, I can host it to my Dropbox.

Quoted from OchoFosho:

Thanks Cleland. It's a worthy sacrifice. Having to listen to the short loops play over and over while you wait for a friend to wrap up their mid-game phone call with their wife/girlfriend/dentist/financial advisor/etc is annoying
-RLF

That's kinda what we were thinking too. Those loops are like under 10 seconds in the sound request, so it can get annoying. I feel we got so many more songs in the mix tape bank, it's better that way.

#793 3 years ago

Totally loving the new additions/changes to this update Cleland & ArcadeBar!!!
Just got a new SD Card today and installed your new sound package about an hour ago.
I still need to tweak the attenuation values – totally up for suggestions if someone has a setting that sounds great with this new update!
(currently music at 0 and Speech at -20)

#794 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Totally loving the new additions/changes to this update Cleland & ArcadeBar!!!
Just got a new SD Card today and installed your new sound package about an hour ago.
I still need to tweak the attenuation values – totally up for suggestions if someone has a setting that sounds great with this new update!
(currently music at 0 and Speech at -20)

Awesome glad you’re digging it!
I would start with the Speech at -5 and Music at 0, then go from there on if you want the Speech even louder and/or if you want the tunes a little more prominent. If you get one too high in value then it definitely throws off the balance with the others.
I started there and then wanted the music a tad more in the mix in proportion to the game’s sound FX so I currently have Music at -2 and Speech -7, so my vocals are still loud enough over my fx and tunes. I’m also hooked up to an external 10in sub so these numbers work for me but that’s a different dynamic than no sub.
It’s great these parameters can be adjusted cause in the end everybody has their own personal preferences, so play around in small increments until you land on what’s best for the room you’re in and what you like!

#795 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Awesome glad you’re digging it!
I would start with the Speech at -5 and Music at 0, then go from there on if you want the Speech even louder and/or if you want the tunes a little more prominent. If you get one too high in value then it definitely throws off the balance with the others.
I started there and then wanted the music a tad more in the mix in proportion to the game’s sound FX so I currently have Music at -2 and Speech -7, so my vocals are still loud enough over my fx and tunes. I’m also hooked up to an external 10in sub so these numbers work for me but that’s a different dynamic than no sub.
It’s great these parameters can be adjusted cause in the end everybody has their own personal preferences, so play around in small increments until you land on what’s best for the room you’re in and what you like!

This is great info!
Thank you!
And I plan to add a subwoofer in the coming weeks to really let the music/sound shine!

#796 3 years ago

I have my Speech at -7 and music at -0 and its sounds perfect!!

#797 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I streamed it for about an hour tonight. We'll see if twitch keeps the audio:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/659596923

#798 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Matt Damon?!

#799 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Thanks for doing that, I'll try to watch the rest later but from what I heard in the first 10 minutes I think I still prefer the "OG" Cleland mix. I'm sure I'll load it up one of these days to try it out for myself though.

P.S. How many times have you been Jason Bourne for Halloween?

#800 3 years ago

Just upgraded to the new code - many thanks to Cleland and ArcadeBar for the great work! Now I will have to re-dedicate myself to achieving the high scores that the update wiped out...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/16?hl=billypilgrim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.