New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 209520)

GOTG Sound Replacement Mod

By cleland

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 883 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by shriver
  • Topic is favorited by 167 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 31 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

thumbnail_IMG_4528 (resized).jpg
6359D056-49B9-48EF-A54C-58F6DC805043 (resized).jpeg
2B4AAF36-D95D-41D2-A4BE-29F2D29FF2B5 (resized).jpeg
20200226_135004 (resized).jpg
filesphoto (resized).png
20190421_112143 (resized).jpg
20190430_211935 (resized).png
20190422_165100 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190428_151430_611 (resized).jpg
gotg custom version matrix (resized).png
IMG_3044 (resized).JPG
IMG_3043 (resized).JPG
20181215_152807 (resized).jpg
20181214_170057 (resized).jpg
20181214_170057 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 18.
#701 11 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Your local arcade let you swap the SD card into their game so you could play it??? That's pretty damned impressive.
Mike Vinacourt (sp?) and others worked with Lonnie and re-worked the scoring, changed some of the modes and most importantly added Cherry Bomb MB, this really changed the game and made it much, much better. When I first got it you just kept going to Orb MB over and over but now it's worth it to finish modes. Of course the sound is still pretty lousy but thankfully we have Cleland to save us from that. When I bought my Pro lightly used from someone upgrading to a Premium I figured I'd own it a few months then flip it for something else but I really do like it better than just about every Stern that's been released since it so it's still here. If you like the movies I think it's hard not to love the game now.

Helps to know everyone there.

I can't stop thinking about it now and will most likely end up being a holiday purchase if all goes well. Hopefully Cleland will be willing to do some commission help for some further updates to his current work as having up to 12 songs now while you're not in a mode sure sounds nice. Looks similar to what Applejuice did, though I'd want some additional song changes and Jackson 5 back at the end.

Saw a post around page 2 of this thread that shows the music choices and how they trigger, but don't guess there's a similar list floating around with the callout information is there? No telling what I still haven't even heard yet and I'm curious how they fit in and what they replace etc.

Also, there's the option of Original movie lines, or both Original and Alternate movie lines. I just picked Movie original, but was guessing these just randomly alternated between Stern originals and Custom real actors if you select both, and made me wonder about using real alternate movie lines over the Stern recordings so you didn't hear the same line every time. (Like if it was possible to double up on the real actor stuff for callout variety in the same scenario)

From what I've seen here I don't even think he has it anymore and probably hasn't thought about changing much in a while, but there's gotta be some choice lines that would work from the Infinity War and End Game movies now that we have the discs of those to use.

Well again, thanks to all that helped here. It definitely sold me on the game and hope to be playing it at home soon enough.

1 month later
#702 10 months ago

1) what is the file system type? 2) is it Lennox based system? 3) is it fat 32 image?
Do I need to ask adjust anything in settings to read the new SD card?

#703 10 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

1) what is the file system type? 2) is it Lennox based system? 3) is it fat 32 image?
Do I need to ask adjust anything in settings to read the new SD card?

Building the SD card can be done on any system, Windows or Mac or LINUX. First get a new 16GB Class 10 card. Then follow post #387 linked below, the etcher app will format the SD card correctly:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/8#post-4526517

Do note that the file variations used to build the SD card are now linked in post #506.

Once the card is ready, turn off the Pin, remove the SD card from the Motherboard in the Backbox, insert the new card, and turn on the Pin. If the image was downloaded correctly and the SD card built this way described in #387 the pin will boot just like with the factory card, no other changes needed. If it doesn't boot redownload and rebuild the SD card again, sometimes the download catches a glitch.

#704 10 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Building the SD card can be done on any system, Windows or Mac or LINUX. First get a new 16GB Class 10 card. Then follow post #387 linked below, the etcher app will format the SD card correctly:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/8#post-4526517
Do note that the file variations used to build the SD card are now linked in post #506.
Once the card is ready, turn off the Pin, remove the SD card from the Motherboard in the Backbox, insert the new card, and turn on the Pin.

Thanks aukraut i sent you a pm earlier as well. Please disregard the pm now that you have answered my questions

#705 10 months ago

Is it possible that the wrong file got uploaded as Sinestro - PRO 1.06 version in post #506? I checked them both, and it has the music replaced as well, like in Cleland's version. If I understand correctly it's supposed to have the movie lines, but not the new musics. The mode select music is Mr. Blue Sky in both of them for example.

#706 10 months ago

So I just noticed something with my Cleland sound install, I no longer hear the attract music or shout outs. Was eating dinner and not playing and heard my Simpsons, Metallica and Star Wars all play or do something but not guardians. I checked the settings and attract was set to on. Any ideas? Everything else seems to work fine.

#707 9 months ago

I’ve just done the Sinestro update going from version 0.4 to 0.6 and I’ve found the same thing, music has been changed as well as the voices, unlike the version for 0.4 that was only voices. it’s way to busy music wise for me now.

sinestro & cleland can the link be fixed for Sinestro’s movie voice only image please

Quoted from LuxZ:

Is it possible that the wrong file got uploaded as Sinestro - PRO 1.06 version in post #506? I checked them both, and it has the music replaced as well, like in Cleland's version. If I understand correctly it's supposed to have the movie lines, but not the new musics. The mode select music is Mr. Blue Sky in both of them for example.

#708 9 months ago

Has anyone had a very loud pop sound when one of the new callouts is interrupted by a game event (eg drain, multi ball, game over)?

I'm running Sinestro 1.06 on GOTG Pro. It seems to happen a few seconds after a modded sound is interrupted- brief very loud pop from speakers, much louder than the current game volume.

I searched the forum to no avail. Any advice would be much appreciated!

#709 9 months ago
Quoted from jaygrow:

Has anyone had a very loud pop sound when one of the new callouts is interrupted by a game event (eg drain, multi ball, game over)?
I'm running Sinestro 1.06 on GOTG Pro. It seems to happen a few seconds after a modded sound is interrupted- brief very loud pop from speakers, much louder than the current game volume.
I searched the forum to no avail. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Like the free game digital knocker sound?

1 week later
#710 9 months ago

thanks, cleland. found post 506 for current download links.

#711 9 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Like the free game digital knocker sound?

I had it on my SW pro, it’s the knocker sound. You can turn it off in options.

#712 9 months ago
Quoted from bowtech:

So I just noticed something with my Cleland sound install, I no longer hear the attract music or shout outs. Was eating dinner and not playing and heard my Simpsons, Metallica and Star Wars all play or do something but not guardians. I checked the settings and attract was set to on. Any ideas? Everything else seems to work fine.

Same on my GOTG pro - no sounds or videos in attract - cleland is there something in your build that can be changed?

#713 9 months ago
Quoted from Gbeamer:

Same on my GOTG pro - no sounds or videos in attract - cleland is there something in your build that can be changed?

Just tested - 1.06 from stern has no sound either - anyone know if stern support would change it.

#714 9 months ago
Quoted from Rengozu:

as having up to 12 songs now while you're not in a mode sure sounds nice. Looks similar to what Applejuice did

If anyone want to try out my version with the 12 individual songs instead of 4 and some other tweaks the links are below:

Post with details on the changes

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/11#post-4749719

Post with the download links for both pro and le

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/13#post-4998634

#715 9 months ago
Quoted from Gbeamer:

Quoted from Gbeamer:

Just tested - 1.06 from stern has no sound either - anyone know if stern support would change it.

Some games simply have no attract mode sounds I can only modify sounds that are there.

Here's a New Years present long time coming. I finally updated "The Sinestro" versions which feature the original music, and only the movie lines replaced.

Sinestro Pro Version Here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipfk73rn5g965s7/GOTG%20SINESTRO_PRO_1_06.img?dl=1

Sinestro LE/Premium Version Here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9pvvs45unmc1he/GOTG_SINESTRO_LE_1_06.img?dl=1

#716 9 months ago

Will you ever do a mod of Deadpool?

#717 9 months ago
Quoted from bent98:

Will you ever do a mod of Deadpool?

Shoot me a PM, I did a version of Deadpool for someone with a few music swaps and Ryan Reynolds sound bytes where appropriate....left Lil Deadpool and Announcer Guy alone.

#718 8 months ago

Will a 32gb sd card work?

1 month later
#719 7 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

Will a 32gb sd card work?

Yes. I used a Sandisk Ultra 32gb. It's overkill but all I happened to have lying around.

2 weeks later
#720 7 months ago

I was able to Flash the Sinestro sound mod and now I am trying to flash the Cleland Sound mod and now the Balena etcher will not get past the starting screen then fails. Brand new 16g sd card and tried a 2nd new one too. Any idea how to get it to work? Thanks for the great mods guys!

#721 7 months ago
Quoted from IPlay4Profit:

I was able to Flash the Sinestro sound mod and now I am trying to flash the Cleland Sound mod and now the Balena etcher will not get past the starting screen then fails. Brand new 16g sd card and tried a 2nd new one too. Any idea how to get it to work? Thanks for the great mods guys!

I would try downloading the .IMG file again. Hard to say, but with such a large file, it could be a corrupt download.

#722 7 months ago
Quoted from cleland:

I would try downloading the .IMG file again. Hard to say, but with such a large file, it could be a corrupt download.

Cleland. All I can say is wow! I just got my highest score ever with the sound mod. The mod just took GOTG to a whole new level! I can't believe I have waited this long to try it out. Thanks so much!!! My issue was solved with a new sd card reader btw.

20200226_135004 (resized).jpg
#723 7 months ago

I've really made a mess of things trying to upload the sound mod; I have inadvertently re-formatted my SD flash card and tried to re-download the GOTG system files for 1.06 GOTG Pro. It seems I should have just uploaded the file in this thread to USB then ran the update that way. I'm such a newb. Is there a way to recover this file or re-image an SD card or am I forced to call Stern to obtain a new one?

I attempted to download the latest system file from stern and use etcher, however when I re-insert the card into my pin, the system boots up, but I cannot get past the high scores scrolling and start a new game.

Suggestions, Ideas on how to get things going again on a Sunday? cleland

#724 7 months ago

Formatted using FAT32 the first time around; have reformatted using NTFS now and trying to re-image using etcher. *fingers crossed*

#725 7 months ago
Quoted from RDH009:

Formatted using FAT32 the first time around; have reformatted using NTFS now and trying to re-image using etcher. *fingers crossed*

Flashing either the stock image file (not USB update one) from Stern or my replacement works the same way. Hope you get your game back up, never had one brick.

#726 6 months ago
Quoted from RDH009:

I've really made a mess of things trying to upload the sound mod; I have inadvertently re-formatted my SD flash card and tried to re-download the GOTG system files for 1.06 GOTG Pro. It seems I should have just uploaded the file in this thread to USB then ran the update that way. I'm such a newb. Is there a way to recover this file or re-image an SD card or am I forced to call Stern to obtain a new one?
I attempted to download the latest system file from stern and use etcher, however when I re-insert the card into my pin, the system boots up, but I cannot get past the high scores scrolling and start a new game.

This may be a stupid question but did you go in and put it back on free play or try dropping some quarters in it to start a game?? If it's in attract mode I'd have to believe the image is fine.

#727 6 months ago
Quoted from RDH009:

Read this thread carefully. Somewhere is mentioned which image you need and how you need to get it on your card. (Tip: use etcher)

#728 6 months ago
Quoted from RDH009:

#729 6 months ago

Getting a bit tired of the Drax loop "rattling" out even with a clean shot, has anyone had any luck with a fix for this?

#730 6 months ago
Quoted from RDH009:

Not necessary to format the card. Etcher will overwrite the filesystem when applying the image.
Read the "guide" in this thread. A shortcut is provided in the topic index. Easypeasy.

4 weeks later
#731 5 months ago

Does anyone have the proper link to the PRO Sinestro Version 1.06 (Features Stock Music and Only Movie Lines Replaced) ? The link in Post #506 does not appear to have a file.

Thanks!

#732 5 months ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

Does anyone have the proper link to the PRO Sinestro Version 1.06 (Features Stock Music and Only Movie Lines Replaced) ? The link in Post #506 does not appear to have a file.
Thanks!

Here's a proper link for that:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipfk73rn5g965s7/GOTG%20SINESTRO_PRO_1_06.img?dl=1

#733 5 months ago

Thank You!

#734 5 months ago

Hey Yo Cleland, thanks, got it goin since 2 Hours and its really fantastic, I love the Sound so much, when I was a youth my elder brother was playin fox on the run all day, so thats a perfect reminder to my early days, thanx a lot

1 week later
#735 5 months ago

Hello cleland and sinestro,
Thank you very much for this work.
I like it and my pin too.

1 week later
#736 5 months ago

did somebody use the Applejuice version ? which seems, for me, the better way to approach this pin (of course, no competition here, a BIG tanx to all modders)

can we have a video of it ? (asked Applejuice in private, he didnt have one, and his GOTG is gone... he said i can ask here)

tanx

3 weeks later
#737 4 months ago

Hi hopefully someone can help, I bought a GOTG pro after seeing this forum as the cleland code looks fantastic. I’ve downloaded the img file , it all looks complete (around7.3gb) , I followed the instructions with etcher and after etcher has finished my memory card (Sandisk 16gb Class 10) shows a capacity of 8mb and only 2 small files on it, would you know what I’ve done wrong, I’ve tried the sinesto and apple juice version too and it does the same thing , tried downloading files on another computer and get the same result, also tried flashing it to a usb stick to see if it gives a larger file but it does the same, appreciate anyone’s help thanks
2B4AAF36-D95D-41D2-A4BE-29F2D29FF2B5 (resized).jpeg6359D056-49B9-48EF-A54C-58F6DC805043 (resized).jpeg

#738 4 months ago
Quoted from Dannyboy2000000:

Hi hopefully someone can help, I bought a GOTG pro after seeing this forum as the cleland code looks fantastic. I’ve downloaded the img file , it all looks complete (around7.3gb) , I followed the instructions with etcher and after etcher has finished my memory card (Sandisk 16gb Class 10) shows a capacity of 8mb and only 2 small files on it, would you know what I’ve done wrong, I’ve tried the sinesto and apple juice version too and it does the same thing , tried downloading files on another computer and get the same result, also tried flashing it to a usb stick to see if it gives a larger file but it does the same, appreciate anyone’s help thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Try formatting the SD card first, and then running Etcher to flash the image. Maybe re-download the image too.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsraz2lqjinfimk/GOTG%20CLELAND_PRO_1_06.img?dl=1

#739 4 months ago

Thanks Cleland, much appreciated, tried formatting the SD card again and retrying with etcher (etcher finishes with no errors and says it’s flashed successfully) still no luck unfortunately . Don’t think it’s the SD card as it’s a new card . It may be the img download is corrupt for me, tried 5 or 6 times on different pcs and browsers, it downloads in full 100% of the file but when I double click on the file in file explorer to check the status of it , it says couldn’t mount file, the disc image is corrupted. I think it’s downloaded the whole file though (7,861,173,248 bytes). Most likely a download problem?

#740 4 months ago
Quoted from cleland:

Try formatting the SD card first, and then running Etcher to flash the image. Maybe re-download the image too.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsraz2lqjinfimk/GOTG%20CLELAND_PRO_1_06.img?dl=1

Its been a long day! tried downloading new files at work on a different internet, again files downloaded 100% without issues. ive tried 2 different sd cards (both 16gb class 10 , one sd card and one micro sd card), tried 2 different card readers, formatted sd cards on both fat32 and ntfs to check both, a couple of different computers and keep getting the same result - after putting the img file through etcher it creates an 8mb memory card with 2 small files and seems to partition the rest of the memory card,. it seems like ive exhausted all scenarios, gutted I cant get this to work. after each time I have to reformat the cards to get them back to their 16gb size ,tried quick formatting and long formatting to see if that works) any help or thoughts as to where im going wrong would be greatly appreciated. My sd card (F: drive Disk 1) after etcher seems to split over 5 partitions with only 2 small files in the 8mb section, does anyone have any ideas? many thanks

thumbnail_IMG_4528 (resized).jpg
#741 4 months ago

I'm not looking at my computer right now to help you. Off the top of my head I'm thinking that you have something wrong in the settings of etcher. Verify that you have all of the default settings and verify that you haven't accidentally set it up for a small partition on your SD card.

#742 4 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I'm not looking at my computer right now to help you. Off the top of my head I'm thinking that you have something wrong in the settings of etcher. Verify that you have all of the default settings and verify that you haven't accidentally set it up for a small partition on your SD card.

Thanks for the post, ive checked etcher and cant see anything in the settings that would affect the partitioning (ive also tried a few other programs similar to etcher, win32 disk imager, rufus etc but still getting the same result), i'm usually pretty good with these things but this ones baffling me!

#743 4 months ago

Its been a long day! tried downloading new files at work on a different internet, again files downloaded 100% without issues. ive tried 2 different sd cards (both 16gb class 10 , one sd card and one micro sd card), tried 2 different card readers, formatted sd cards on both fat32 and ntfs to check both, a couple of different computers and keep getting the same result - after putting the img file through etcher it creates an 8mb memory card with 2 small files and seems to partition the rest of the memory card,. it seems like ive exhausted all scenarios, gutted I cant get this to work. after each time I have to reformat the cards to get them back to their 16gb size ,tried quick formatting and long formatting to see if that works) any help or thoughts as to where im going wrong would be greatly appreciated. My sd card (F: drive Disk 1) after etcher seems to split over 5 partitions with only 2 small files in the 8mb section, does anyone have any ideas? many thanks
[quoted image]

I don't know but I did this last week with that file and etcher, I had no issue, didn't even have to format the SD card.

#744 4 months ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I don't know but I did this last week with that file and etcher, I had no issue, didn't even have to format the SD card.

Ok, thanks, i just dont know what else to try, so many memory cards tried, so many downloads, tried different isp's. Can i ask what the files should look like after etcher as i only get 2 very small files (less than 8mb in size).

1 week later
#745 4 months ago

[quoted image]

Today I used etcher to flash a 64GB micro sd card so I could update my MMR. Everything went smoothly.
Since I had the pc running and was already using etcher, I decided to try to help you out by flashing the same card with the gotg cleland mixed 1.06 that I've used successfully before. For some reason this time it did NOT go smoothly. I ended up with the same exact results that you had. I ended up with a 8MB partitioned card! After multiple attempts to re-format the card with windows I was unable to revert the card back into 64GB.
I then found a command prompt tutorial on youtube and was FINALLY able to delete the partitions and format the card back to it's full 64GB size. It took a while but it worked!

I'm guessing that etcher has some bugs. Why would it work perfectly with MMR code but then fall on it's face with GOTG while using the same card? Especially since it worked perfectly with the GOTG code before.

If some of you have problems correctly formatting your sd cards to the correct size then follow this tutorial.

Make SURE you are selecting the correct drive as you can really screw up your computer.

#746 4 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Today I used etcher to flash a 64GB micro sd card so I could update my MMR. Everything went smoothly.
Since I had the pc running and was already using etcher, I decided to try to help you out by flashing the same card with the gotg cleland mixed 1.06 that I've used successfully before. For some reason this time it did NOT go smoothly. I ended up with the same exact results that you had. I ended up with a 8MB partitioned card! After multiple attempts to re-format the card with windows I was unable to revert the card back into 64GB.
I then found a command prompt tutorial on youtube and was FINALLY able to delete the partitions and format the card back to it's full 64GB size. It took a while but it worked!
I'm guessing that etcher has some bugs. Why would it work perfectly with MMR code but then fall on it's face with GOTG while using the same card? Especially since it worked perfectly with the GOTG code before.
If some of you have problems correctly formatting your sd cards to the correct size then follow this tutorial.
Make SURE you are selecting the correct drive as you can really screw up your computer.

Had the same issue a few weeks ago with one of the three cards I flashed, but it was my own fault. I found that same video on YouTube and can confirm it works.

#747 4 months ago

The SDCard formatting utility from SanDisk is a great tool for reformatting these and much simpler than the command line method IMO. Why Etcher isn't working I don't know, I've never had a problem with it.

1 week later
#748 3 months ago

hi guys im having a problem to download the cleland image GOTG PRO, the download stop in 5gb .
is there another link to download?

#749 3 months ago
Quoted from rivalem:

hi guys im having a problem to download the cleland image GOTG PRO, the download stop in 5gb .
is there another link to download?

no one????

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.95
There are 883 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 18.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside