Topic Stats

• 665 posts
  • 154 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by imagamejunky
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 27 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

filesphoto (resized).png
20190421_112143 (resized).jpg
20190430_211935 (resized).png
20190422_165100 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190428_151430_611 (resized).jpg
gotg custom version matrix (resized).png
IMG_3044 (resized).JPG
IMG_3043 (resized).JPG
20181215_152807 (resized).jpg
20181214_170057 (resized).jpg
20181214_170057 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
1534730598146995581627382793541 (resized).jpg
15347296930856999666162993627829 (resized).jpg
20180606_185126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 665 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
#651 23 days ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

No. And the clips never line up because the video never has them speaking.

Awesome. Love the sounds just wanted to make sure I didn't screw anything up.

#652 21 days ago

Mr. Cleland,

Just wanted to say thank you for your work on this sound mod! Received my GOTG Pro yesterday, installed your mod a couple hours ago. Took an amazing game and made it even more addicting. I have not been able to stop playing. As I write this, forcing myself to go to bed lol.

Also, thank you to other contributors in this thread who's advice from which memory card to get to the .img file installation helped me get going.

Thanks again!

#653 21 days ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Señor cleland
¡Solo quería decir gracias por tu trabajo en este mod de sonido! Recibí mi GOTG Pro ayer, instalé tu mod hace un par de horas. Tomó un juego increíble y lo hizo aún más adictivo. No he podido dejar de jugar. Mientras escribo esto, obligándome a ir a la cama jajaja.
Además, gracias a otros contribuyentes en este hilo que me aconsejaron desde qué tarjeta de memoria llegar a la instalación del archivo .img me ayudaron a comenzar.
¡Gracias de nuevo!

+ 1

1 week later
#654 11 days ago

Sounds great, I can put the old sd card in to go back to stock if I ever sell, correct?

#655 10 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Sounds great, I can put the old sd card in to go back to stock if I ever sell, correct?

Yep, piece of cake to convert it back but the new owner will probably want the better sound package anyway, right?

#656 10 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yep, piece of cake to convert it back but the new owner will probably want the better sound package anyway, right?

I would assume so but if they haven’t played it much before they may want to hear both. I prefer the Cleland sound for sure!

#657 10 days ago

Does anyone have the link to the v1.06 Sinestro version? I downloaded from post #506 but it sounds like its also the Cleland version.

#658 10 days ago
Quoted from JayTeeF:

Does anyone have the link to the v1.06 Sinestro version? I downloaded from post #506 but it sounds like its also the Cleland version.

What’s the difference? Just curios, I think I did the top one which is Cleland

#659 10 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

What’s the difference? Just curios, I think I did the top one which is Cleland

Basically the only thing changed in this version is the movie lines.

Sinestro was nice enough to send me a copy of it. If anyone needs it feel free to send me a PM.

#660 8 days ago

Hey guys,

Brand new pinball owner, just got my machine last night. So two quick questions... I'm fairly technically savvy but I figured I want to cover all my bases here as this is all new technology to me: How risky is doing this, provided I follow the steps outlined (get a new SD card, flash the image and use that, not messing with the original SD card). In phone speak, when I used to flash ROMs, what's the risk of "bricking" my shiny new pin? Is there any? Is just reverting to the stock SD card enough to put it back to factory?

What about updates? I've seen the base code from Stern hasn't changed since December, but if a new code update does come out, can I follow the instructions from Stern and update, or do I have to wait for a new image file? IE: Will it either not work or wipe out the new sounds?

Thanks everyone, really excited to be part of this now.

#661 8 days ago

Not too risky. It used to be super risky, before Stern put the SD card files on-line in their "Support" section. Just keep your original SD card separate and protected. Flash a new SD card with the code you want and install it. Done.

You will have to wait while it says "Updating Node Boards". Again, a little nerve racking watching the screen flash and others have said they had issues, but many of us have never had any issues with a different SD card. Assuming you made a good SD card with your desired code.

#662 8 days ago
Quoted from Rake:

Hey guys,
Brand new pinball owner, just got my machine last night. So two quick questions... I'm fairly technically savvy but I figured I want to cover all my bases here as this is all new technology to me: How risky is doing this, provided I follow the steps outlined (get a new SD card, flash the image and use that, not messing with the original SD card). In phone speak, when I used to flash ROMs, what's the risk of "bricking" my shiny new pin? Is there any? Is just reverting to the stock SD card enough to put it back to factory?
What about updates? I've seen the base code from Stern hasn't changed since December, but if a new code update does come out, can I follow the instructions from Stern and update, or do I have to wait for a new image file? IE: Will it either not work or wipe out the new sounds?

I'd rank the risk as very low but I guess something could happen. When updates have come out it is best to wait for Cleland to have a look at it and see if you can just do the update to your moded card or if he needs to generate a new version of the ROM. It can happen either way depending on what and how significant the changes are.

#663 8 days ago
Quoted from Rake:

Hey guys,

I am not tech savvy, and this was really easy.
Just have at the right size SD card, and it's really easy.
I don't know how this could "brick" the machine. But that's beyond what I know.

#664 6 days ago

I tried to download on a 16gb card. Says the file is to big. Tried on 2 different computers. Any idea?

#665 6 days ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

I tried to download on a 16gb card. Says the file is to big. Tried on 2 different computers. Any idea?

Follow post #387 exactly. You should be good to go

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
There are 665 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside