2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 29.
#601 4 years ago

these are mission music?

20190430_211935 (resized).png20190430_211935 (resized).png
#602 4 years ago

Does anyone have a recording of this in game play?
Found a video on YouTube that was under a minute, but would love a longer clip of it.
Planning on buying this game soon, but find the voice actors distracting. they don't really sound much like the characters.

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Maybe this will help users to. Created a simple matrix table of the differences between versions. Anything else that should be included let me know or can send cleland this xls.
[quoted image]

In my humble opinion I think the Cleland version with the real actor's voices and the actual songs playing during the game modes is the only way to go. It just makes the game SO much better

#604 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Cleland version with the real actor's voices and the actual songs playing during the game modes is the only way to go. It just makes the game SO much better

This is the only way to go it takes GOTG from a 70% to a 100% fun game well rounded title.
When guests are over playing this it's one of the most played games in my collection.

#605 4 years ago
Quoted from UnJed:

Does anyone have a recording of this in game play?
Found a video on YouTube that was under a minute, but would love a longer clip of it.
Planning on buying this game soon, but find the voice actors distracting. they don't really sound much like the characters.

This gets asked a lot. We can't really record it and put it on YT because it gets auto copyright claimed with all the awesome music. Trust us, it's awesome.

#606 4 years ago

In my humble opinion I think the Cleland version with the real actor's voices and the actual songs playing during the game modes is the only way to go. It just makes the game SO much better

In my biased opinion, I like the Sinestro version.

#607 4 years ago

I would like the yaka arrow song to go to the first level of yondu ... this would enchant me ... I do not like how the voices of the mission mix with the main music of yondu.la level 2 music (yaka arrow ), I like it a lot more. Just one opinion

20190421_112143 (resized).jpg20190421_112143 (resized).jpg
#608 4 years ago

Is there any option to remove the voices from the yondu mode and only the music to sound? It happens to me the same in the antique shop .... hahaha

#609 4 years ago

Can someone Twitch stream this game with the sound mod in it? The only reason we didn't buy the game is because of the lack of assets and I'd like to see it in action. Thanks!

#610 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Is there any option to remove the voices from the yondu mode and only the music to sound? It happens to me the same in the antique shop .... hahaha

No options you can select. But you can create your own audio mix with pinball browser.

#611 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Can someone Twitch stream this game with the sound mod in it? The only reason we didn't buy the game is because of the lack of assets and I'd like to see it in action. Thanks!

Ask chuckwurt to do it for SDTM. Or you could just trust all of us that are telling you how much better the game is with this installed, if you like the gameplay anyway you'll really like the game now!

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Ask chuckwurt to do it for SDTM. Or you could just trust all of us that are telling you how much better the game is with this installed, if you like the gameplay anyway you'll really like the game now!

I'll ask

#613 4 years ago

Seriously if I had anyway to do it for you I would but that's beyond me.

#614 4 years ago

No hay opciones que puedas seleccionar. Pero puedes crear tu propia mezcla de audio con el navegador de pinball.

No hay opciones que puedas seleccionar. Pero puedes crear tu propia mezcla de audio con el navegador de pinball.

what is the pinball browser?

#615 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

what is the pinball browser?

Dive in my friend, and you can do anything! With lots of time and dedication

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

¡Sumérgete en mi amigo, y puedes hacer cualquier cosa! Con mucho tiempo y dedicación.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

It seems a bit difficult ...jajajaja

#617 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Seriously if I had anyway to do it for you I would but that's beyond me.

A good cell phone video of a full game would suffice

#618 4 years ago

A good cell phone video of a full game would suffice

That would still require a stand of some sort and then a way to upload it somewhere besides YouTube which will block it for copyright violations.

#619 4 years ago

Un buen video de teléfono celular de un juego completo sería suficiente

+34610955399 whatsapp

#620 4 years ago

For some reason etcher is not working at all. When you log into the website, it just goes to a blank screen. I have tried to download the dropbox as well with no luck. Get about 3/4 of the way thru the download and then fails. Any other ideas of a different program or something I'm doing wrong?

#621 4 years ago

I had problems with etcher... I switched to Win32DiskImager, watched some Youtubes on it and never had a problem.

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I had problems with etcher... I switched to Win32DiskImager, watched some Youtubes on it and never had a problem.

You're assuming he's using Windows.

Etcher is cross platform.

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

For some reason etcher is not working at all. When you log into the website, it just goes to a blank screen.

It's up for me.

https://www.balena.io/etcher/

#624 4 years ago

Thanks mannymasy!

He sent me 4 videos. I uploaded them to Youtube, they haven't been flagged yet so here they are:

#625 4 years ago

I'm convinced. Even more so, my wife is convinced so I'll be on the lookout for one in the near future.

#626 4 years ago

Gracias mannymasy!
Me envió 4 videos. Los subí a Youtube, todavía no se han marcado, aquí están:

I'm glad it helps! I really like this machine, it has become one of my favorites thanks to cleland

#627 4 years ago

Music playing during game modes just annoys the hell out of me since upgrading my pro to an LE!
So here’s the deal I had a GOTG pro with Applejuice’s custom ver of Clelands awesome work as I much prefer the music only to play when the tape is on screen (out of mode)
I feel this is how it should be so you get the best of both worlds with a doz or so songs playing while you work on multipliers and set up you multiballs ready to go for a mode then as it kicks in the music stops and you get the awesome real call outs not the soundalikie ones.
The pin was in my eyes and ears now a masterpiece and the only thing that would make it even better was upgrading to a beautiful LE and I was lucky to find one with topper and lots of extra mods so I bit the bullet and sold mine on.
As Applejuice had only customised the pro version I installed the Cleland LE one and to my dismay the call outs are lost in the mix being drowned out by music.
Is there anyone who has done a version that only plays music out of mode? I have contacted Applejuice and he may find time to sort something hopefully in the near future.
Thanks in advance Col

#628 4 years ago
Quoted from Colywobbles:

As Applejuice had only customised the pro version I installed the Cleland LE one and to my dismay the call outs are lost in the mix being drowned out by music.
Is there anyone who has done a version that only plays music out of mode? I have contacted Applejuice and he may find time to sort something hopefully in the near future.

Simply go into Game Settings and set "Speech Attenuation" to -20 or so. The higher the negative value, the louder the callouts are over the music.

#629 4 years ago

Wish there was better documentation. Just hosed a SD Card trying to make an image. Copying IMG contents wouldn't work. File to big

#630 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Wish there was better documentation. Just hosed a SD Card trying to make an image. Copying IMG contents wouldn't work. File to big

Not sure how you can "Hose" an SD card, as they are easy to reformat. I think it's pretty clear what to do.

1. Download .img file to computer
2. Use Etcher to flash image to SD card
3. Replace SD card in your game with newly flashed one
4. Go into Game Settings and set "Speech Attenuation" to -20
5. Enjoy the game as it should have shipped

#631 4 years ago

I have actually had Windows report an SD card as way too small more than once, I use SanDisk's SD-Formatter utility to fix them when this happens.

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14827/~/using-sd-formatter-tool-to-restore-full-capacity-on-sdhc%2Fsdxc-cards

#632 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Not sure how you can "Hose" an SD card, as they are easy to reformat. I think it's pretty clear what to do.
1. Download .img file to computer
2. Use Etcher to flash image to SD card
3. Replace SD card in your game with newly flashed one
4. Go into Game Settings and set "Speech Attenuation" to -20
5. Enjoy the game as it should have shipped

Thanks. The SD Card Formatter fixed the SD Card issue where numerous tools failed. Not sure what happened.
The Etcher tool worked well. It's been awhile since I worked with IMG files on Mac.

Trying out at some point today. Wife is going to be super happy. I aught to make a video of her reaction and not tell her. hehe

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Thanks. The SD Card Formatter fixed the SD Card issue where numerous tools failed. Not sure what happened.
The Etcher tool worked well. It's been awhile since I worked with IMG files on Mac.
Trying out at some point today. Wife is going to be super happy. I aught to make a video of her reaction and not tell her. hehe

That is awesome I really hope you both enjoy the game!

#634 4 years ago

Had little time last night, so create an le version of my flavour. Originally I only made a pro version

Premium/LE version here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aurls9his2fs17i/gotg-mypinballs106-le-8gb.img?raw=1

Pro Version here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2aqcssxwf8uzmp/gotg-mypinballs106-8gb.img?raw=1

1 week later
#635 4 years ago

I don't know what happened, I used etcher to flash it to the sd card and i think it killed my card. It originally showed as disk G, now it split it into many different disks (G,H,I,J,K).
when i remove the SD card, they all disappear.
anyone know how to fix this? I really want to use this mod.
filesphoto (resized).pngfilesphoto (resized).png

#636 4 years ago
Quoted from UnJed:

I don't know what happened, I used etcher to flash it to the sd card and i think it killed my card. It originally showed as disk G, now it split it into many different disks (G,H,I,J,K).
when i remove the SD card, they all disappear.
anyone know how to fix this? I really want to use this mod.
[quoted image]

Scratch that, I'm an idiot and eventually figured it out

#637 4 years ago

Just did the cleland mod last night, no problems. Sounds great, simple card swap. Thanks, makes the game more like what I was expecting it to be in terms of sound & music!! Personally like to attenuation to -25

#638 4 years ago

Finally got a GOTG Premium yesterday, and played it some last night with the STERN voices/sounds. My wife was watching, and couldn't believe how bad the voice actors were.

Installed the Cleland Version this morning.......aahhhhh....pure pinball bliss!!!

Thanks @cleland!!!!!

#639 4 years ago

Just curious, is come a little bit closer in this sound mod during a Yondu scene?

#640 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just curious, is come a little bit closer in this sound mod during a Yondu scene?

Of course! That's the music playing during Yondu mode

#641 4 years ago

New Guardians LE owner here! Big thanks to cleland for the sound mod, it makes a really cool game even better. Love it. Nice work to Sinestro and applejuice for laying down some options. Appreciate the effort and work from us new kids!

1 week later
#642 4 years ago

@cleland: I'm experiencing one spot where the music and sound shuts off, then returns. I don't know if it also occurs in the stock sound as it only stayed on my pin for a day, so I thought I'd post here.

It occurs during the extra ball sequence, and the sound totally goes away, then toward the end of the sequence the voiceover starts without music, and once the sequence is done the full sound package returns.

I may try to capture it on video tonight......

#643 4 years ago

Fairly normal scenario. I've gotten that since day one on my pro. Not 100% consistent but it happens a majority of the time.

#644 4 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Fairly normal scenario. I've gotten that since day one on my pro. Not 100% consistent but it happens a majority of the time.

Interesting....with or without the cleland mod??

#645 4 years ago

either... thought cleland's would maybe fix it..but nope.. still the same scenario

#646 4 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

either... thought cleland's would maybe fix it..but nope.. still the same scenario

Thanks.....looks like unless there is another code release we may be stuck with that.....

3 weeks later
#647 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

LE PREMIUM 1.06 Full Images are now posted. A BIG THANKS to @cpr9999 for providing the stock image and troubleshooting with me!
LE/PREMIUM Cleland Version 1.06 (Features Music Change and Movie Lines)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ylj6nderwtztq2/GOTG_CLELAND_LE_1_06.img?dl=0
LE/PREMIUM Sinestro Version 1.06 (Features Stock Music and Only Movie Lines Replaced)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9pvvs45unmc1he/GOTG_SINESTRO_LE_1_06.img?dl=0

Thanks man, great work.

#648 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Big thanks applejuice, sinestro , and cpr9999 For all their help with disk imaging.
To make it easy, here are links to all current 1.06 versions for both PRO and LE/Premium.
PRO Cleland Version 1.06 (Features Music Change and Movie Lines)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsraz2lqjinfimk/GOTG%20CLELAND_PRO_1_06.img?raw=1
PRO Sinestro Version 1.06 (Features Stock Music and Only Movie Lines Replaced)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzt00yswin0qd4m/GOTG%20SINESTRO_PRO_1_06.img?raw=1
LE/PREMIUM Cleland Version 1.06 (Features Music Change and Movie Lines)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ylj6nderwtztq2/GOTG_CLELAND_LE_1_06.img?raw=1
LE/PREMIUM Sinestro Version 1.06 (Features Stock Music and Only Movie Lines Replaced)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9pvvs45unmc1he/GOTG_SINESTRO_LE_1_06.img?raw=1

Ow man, I love this siht. Thanks you guys! I will pick up my GOTG next month and get so super excited.

1 week later
#649 4 years ago

I love the Cleland mod but have one question. Is it possible to download the code incorrectly that would cause the speaking parts to not sync very well with the clips? Mine seems a second or so off?

#650 4 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

I love the Cleland mod but have one question. Is it possible to download the code incorrectly that would cause the speaking parts to not sync very well with the clips? Mine seems a second or so off?

No. And the clips never line up because the video never has them speaking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/13?hl=bowtech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.