2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 29.
#551 5 years ago

Is there any way to increase the volume on the movie dialogue without raising the music volume?

#552 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Is there any way to increase the volume on the movie dialogue without raising the music volume?

Set speech attenuation to about -22

#553 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Set speech attenuation to about -22

And that's in the game menu? And won't affect the music volume? Sorry for the dumb questions, but this is my first spike system game. Thanks

#554 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

And that's in the game menu? And won't affect the music volume? Sorry for the dumb questions, but this is my first spike system game. Thanks

Yes go into service, adjustments, feature adjustments, and go backwards one to #63 speech attenuation.

This controls the speech volume relative to music volume.

#555 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yes go into service, adjustments, feature adjustments, and go backwards one to #63 speech attenuation.
This controls the speech volume relative to music volume.

Absolutely awesome!!! My speech is currently drowned out by the music. It's the previous owners settings

#556 5 years ago

Was a lurker for years. Finally got our first game over the weekend. GOTG Pro. This was the first mod I did to it. Works great. Only odd issue I had was on new image it defaulted to German vs English. Set it back in the service menu and all good. Great work by all on the mod.

#557 5 years ago

Any video of a full lenght game? I love to see that.

#558 5 years ago

It is hard to make a video of a full length game because Youtube will automatically copyright strike it as soon as it detects 30 seconds of a copyrighted song. Same thing for Facebook live. I was streaming my weekly pinball night for some friends, and the stream was taken down after a couple minutes due to Facebook algorithms detecting copyrighted music. It really sucks.

#559 5 years ago

Could someone wetransfer the video to me? Or publish it on Dropbox as shared?

#560 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Could someone wetransfer the video to me? Or publish it on Dropbox as shared?

Where are you located? I'm sure someone (including me) would invite you over to play theirs so you could set it first hand. That would be easier than filming/uploading

#561 5 years ago

Ahh invitations...to bad.. located in the netherlands....currently I do not know anyone with a GOTG. I knew one but sold his LE.

#562 5 years ago

running into an issue and hoping its just something stupid.

Got a new SDHC card (16gb). I downloaded the img file (7gb).. When i try to move the file from my downloads folder to my SDHC card, it says the file is too large for the destination.

Any thoughts?

EDIT,

Looks like it was a limitation in the FAT32 format, nothing over 4GB. Reformatted to NTFS and was able to move. Ill throw it in GOTG tonight!

#563 5 years ago
Quoted from crussell:

running into an issue and hoping its just something stupid.
Got a new SDHC card (16gb). I downloaded the img file (7gb).. When i try to move the file from my downloads folder to my SDHC card, it says the file is too large for the destination.
Any thoughts?
EDIT,
Looks like it was a limitation in the FAT32 format, nothing over 4GB. Reformatted to NTFS and was able to move. Ill throw it in GOTG tonight!

I recommend following the steps on post #387 of this thread. Look above on the "key posts" links. That program will format and flash your 16gb card correctly

1 week later
#564 5 years ago

OK This is driving me a bit crazy. Running 1.06 stock with default song set and original voices - all good. Installed Cleland's - love the voices, don't like the music. So, I tried running Sinestro's and I am getting same altered song set - ELO's Mr Blue Sky at mode selection, which I personally not love that much. Reverting to factory SD which I preserved (1.06) brings all to normal.

I understood that Sinestro mod would get me new voices, but keep the original music. Any reason why I am still getting Mr Blue Sky with Sinestro? One reason could be that when I originally placed Cleland's SD, I was running older stock (1.04 I believe). When reverted to the original I did the upgrade to 1.06 via USB, thinking that this will reset the issue, but Sinestro's SD still gets me Mr Blue Sky. Anything that I am doing wrong? Or, is Mr Blue Sky default with Sinestro's image? Help!

#565 5 years ago
Quoted from groobo:

OK This is driving me a bit crazy. Running 1.06 stock with default song set and original voices - all good. Installed Cleland's - love the voices, don't like the music. So, I tried running Sinestro's and I am getting same altered song set - ELO's Mr Blue Sky at mode selection, which I personally not love that much. Reverting to factory SD which I preserved (1.06) brings all to normal.
I understood that Sinestro mod would get me new voices, but keep the original music. Any reason why I am still getting Mr Blue Sky with Sinestro? One reason could be that when I originally placed Cleland's SD, I was running older stock (1.04 I believe). When reverted to the original I did the upgrade to 1.06 via USB, thinking that this will reset the issue, but Sinestro's SD still gets me Mr Blue Sky. Anything that I am doing wrong? Or, is Mr Blue Sky default with Sinestro's image? Help!

You aren't doing anything wrong. I made a couple of posts about this in this thread before. I believe that Cleland accidentally uploaded duplicate files in post #506. The Sinestro version and the Cleland version in that post are both actually the Cleland version. I don't think he has had time to look into it.

Junky

#566 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

You aren't doing anything wrong. I made a couple of posts about this in this thread before. I believe that Cleland accidentally uploaded duplicate files in post #506. The Sinestro version and the Cleland version in that post are both actually the Cleland version. I don't think he has had time to look into it.
Junky

OK. Thanks. You wouldn't believe how much time I lost trying to figure it out. And since most of the issues in the thread is about download / burn, I skipped them altogether. I will watch this thread to see if there is an update to the files. Cheers!

#567 5 years ago

Clicking on the Sinestro links on post 506 seem to show Pro and Premium images downloading named "Sinestro".

Now, he could have mis-named them....

#568 5 years ago
Quoted from groobo:

Quoted from imagamejunky:

Junky

I need to update the links to the Sinestro versions (Stock Music, Modified Call Outs). When 1.06 dropped I ran the macro in a haste and ended up with those being the same as mine.

#569 5 years ago

the pina colada is in cleland code?

#570 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

the pina colada is in cleland code?

Of course! It was an important part to escaping Kyln.

#571 5 years ago

Yeah!!!! .... I've sold my x-men and I'm looking for a huo guard ...
if I find it I would like to install your code update

1 week later
#572 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Muchas gracias applejuice ,sinestro , ycpr9999 por toda su ayuda con imágenes de disco.
Para hacerlo más fácil, aquí hay enlaces a todas las versiones actuales 1.06 para PRO y LE / Premium.
PRO Cleland Versión 1.06 (Características de Music Change y Movie Lines)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsraz2lqjinfimk/GOTG%20CLELAND_PRO_1_06.img?raw=1
PRO Sinestro versión 1.06 (se han reemplazado las funciones de stock de música y solo líneas de películas)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzt00yswin0qd4m/GOTG%20SINESTRO_PRO_1_06.img?raw=1
LE / PREMIUM Cleland versión 1.06 (características de Music Change y Movie Lines)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ylj6nderwtztq2/GOTG_CLELAND_LE_1_06.img?raw=1
LE / PREMIUM Sinestro versión 1.06 (características de stock de música y solo líneas de películas reemplazadas)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9pvvs45unmc1he/GOTG_SINESTRO_LE_1_06.img?raw=1

Friend the download of the version cleland for the pro version has error in download. Is there another link?thanks

#573 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Friend the download of the version cleland for the pro version has error in download. Is there another link?thanks

Could be internet connection issue? Here is the Pro link again.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsraz2lqjinfimk/GOTG%20CLELAND_PRO_1_06.img?dl=0

#574 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Could be internet connection issue? Here is the Pro link again.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsraz2lqjinfimk/GOTG%20CLELAND_PRO_1_06.img?dl=0

ok thank you very much. I think that I will join the club on Monday, I will try to install your code. I really want to try it !!!

3 weeks later
#575 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I'm on hols now so I decided to have a go at a new file based on the sinestro/cleland version. I updated the main tune songs so there is more variety in them rather than just the 4, but kept the stock mode score music. I also changed the I want you back end of game music to the chain.
Main song playlist is now:
Cherry Bomb
Hooked on a feeling
Aint no mountain high enough
The Chain
Come alittle bit closer
Moonage daydream
Lake Shore Drive
Fox on the Run
The Rubberband Man
Surrender
I Want You Back
So the game picks from the above when you are out of mode.
and Mr Blue Sky for mode select (from the Cleland version)
If nobody objects I can share this version for use via pm. I will probably try to improve it little to as I get time. Of course this is just a small tweak from the awesome work by Cleland

Great job what all of you did ! Installed it yesterday and couldn’t believe that it sounds so much better now.

I feel a little guilty to ask but I would love to have a version with „Lake Shore Drive“. Maybe you can share this version.

#576 4 years ago

I keep getting a corrupt download. After 3 tries every time I get a network fail after about 6.6gb. I resume the download & it finishes but it comes out corrupt every time.
Any other links out there? I'm downloading the Pro.

#577 4 years ago
Quoted from Eulenstein:

Great job what all of you did ! Installed it yesterday and couldn’t believe that it sounds so much better now.
I feel a little guilty to ask but I would love to have a version with „Lake Shore Drive“. Maybe you can share this version.

My version is here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2aqcssxwf8uzmp/gotg-mypinballs106-8gb.img?raw=1

#578 4 years ago

Thanks! Is this the one with both music & call outs replaced?

#579 4 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

applejuice is an approved version from me

#580 4 years ago

I still would like to see a video with this new music. Anyone who can create and share that?

#581 4 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

See my original post at no. 514 for what i did. - > https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/11#post-4749719

Its based on the sinestro version (stock mode music, real actor voices) by cleland and we chatted alittle about adding some more songs and changing a couple of the song placements like the end of game music. In summary it adds more song choices to the part when the tape player is playing.

#582 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

See my original post at no. 514 for what i did. - > https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/11#post-4749719
Its based on the sinestro version (stock mode music, real actor voices) by cleland and we chatted alittle about adding some more songs and changing a couple of the song placements like the end of game music. In summary it adds more song choices to the part when the tape player is playing.

Can't download this either. Multiple computers, multiple browsers & multiple locations & IP services, all failed. I also had my friend who lives in a different city try to download & send this to me. He also has failed download & he says dropbox is known to have issues like this with IMG files. He recommends to zip it up. I've also never had an issue with large files before as I just downloaded a 20gb single file no problem.

#583 4 years ago

Cleland also made a little tweaked version to enhance the sound of the spinners for anyone who has done the pro spinner mod!!

#584 4 years ago

Perfectly happy . My download works fine.

#585 4 years ago

What is the difference between the Cleland version and the other versions?

#586 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

What is the difference between the Cleland version and the other versions?

Night and day! Seriously, it makes the game SOO much better as it puts in actual voice clips from the movie instead of the voice actors. It also adds / changes songs including a couple from the second movie.

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

¡Noche y dia! En serio, hace que el juego sea mucho mejor, ya que coloca clips de voz reales de la película en lugar de los actores de voz. También agrega / cambia canciones incluyendo un par de la segunda película.

Which one do you think is better then? Do you have the best link? Thank you

#588 4 years ago

I really like pina colada ... I would not like to lose it ..

#589 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I really like pina colada ... I would not like to lose it ..

It's in there along with many others. If you'd like to give it a go here is a link to a .zip version of it. PRO VERSION
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxv6h9xw8o4co9e/GOTG%20CLELAND_PRO_1_06.img.zip?dl=0

Remember you need to unzip the file and you'll be left with a .img file that you will need to write back to an SD card using a program like Etcher.
You then replace the stock SD card in your backbox with the freshly flashed version. Please report back if this works for you.

Added over 5 years ago:

Link has been changed

#590 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Está allí junto con muchos otros. Si quieres darle una oportunidad, aquí hay un enlace a una versión .zip. VERSIÓN PRO
Recuerda que debes descomprimir el archivo y te quedará un archivo .img que deberás escribir en una tarjeta SD utilizando un programa como Etcher.
Luego, reemplaza la tarjeta SD estándar en tu caja con la versión actualizada. Por favor, informe si esto funciona para usted.
robx46 no puede conseguir que la descarga se descomprima correctamente y ayudaría a probarlo. Si alguien puede alojar ese archivo en otro servidor (aparte de Dropbox), hágamelo saber.

I think this is the one I have installed ... the other version is very different? for example are the same voices as in this one? Thank you

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I think this is the one I have installed ... the other version is very different? for example are the same voices as in this one? Thank you

Well, if you coin up and you hear ELO Mr. Bluesky then you have mine installed. Enjoy

#592 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

It's in there along with many others. If you'd like to give it a go here is a link to a .zip version of it. PRO VERSION
Remember you need to unzip the file and you'll be left with a .img file that you will need to write back to an SD card using a program like Etcher.
You then replace the stock SD card in your backbox with the freshly flashed version. Please report back if this works for you.

Sorry, for having to ask, but to clarify ... when I have updated my other Sterns I have used a jump drive ... but to do this sound pkg. update I will only need to buy an SD card which I will load the files onto (using Etcher,) then replace the stock SD card that is already in the back box with the new one?

** I'm picking up a GOTG Pro in Allentown and will have it in my booth at the show. I would like to bring what I need to add your awesome sound pkg to it while I'm there.

... Thanks for any additional info.

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Sorry, for having to ask, but to clarify ... when I have updated my other Sterns I have used a jump drive ... but to do this sound pkg. update I will only need to buy an SD card which I will load the files onto (using Etcher,) then replace the stock SD card that is already in the back box with the new one?
** I'm picking up a GOTG Pro in Allentown and will have it in my booth at the show. I would like to bring what I need to add your awesome sound pkg to it while I'm there.
... Thanks for any additional info.

Correct.

#596 4 years ago

Don't know how it happened, but Both cleland games ended up next to each other... Love it!

IMG_20190428_151430_611 (resized).jpgIMG_20190428_151430_611 (resized).jpg
#597 4 years ago

I love the cleland mod but I would like another music option for the yondu, ronan and antique shop missions, the music is covered by the voices, I would prefer music that sounded good and above the voices.
I still love it and it's very good work, I'm really enjoying the machine with this update that Mr. Cleland did. Very grateful

20190422_165100 (resized).jpg20190422_165100 (resized).jpg
#598 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Well, if you coin up and you hear ELO Mr. Bluesky then you have mine installed. Enjoy

Maybe this will help users to. Created a simple matrix table of the differences between versions. Anything else that should be included let me know or can send cleland this xls.

gotg custom version matrix (resized).pnggotg custom version matrix (resized).png

#599 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Maybe this will help users to. Created a simple matrix table of the differences between versions. Anything else that should be included let me know or can send cleland this xls.
[quoted image]

I must have missed the Applejuice version, may have to track that down and give it a try.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
Plastics
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
$ 22.50
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/12?hl=lowbeau67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.