2022-12-12 08_38_32-Boot stern- (D_) (resized).png
Screenshot_20221128-230251 (resized).png
Screenshot_20221127-221032 (resized).png
2jlz4j (resized).jpg
4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153140 (resized).png
FC5CC318-1388-49A5-9068-EEFEF1F19C1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 29.
#501 5 years ago

I would like to try the 8gb one, the other is just too large for my slow internet to handle.

#502 5 years ago

Great work again cleland

Can I edit the image file edit in PinballBrowser so I can keep my high scores?

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I'm not sure why the image size went to 16gb, when the original stern card were 8gb ones? I had a look at the image for the pro and made an 8gb version for my game. That way i could continue using my spare 8gb card. There is just a load of unallocated space on the card for the remaining 8gb of it.
original 16gb card
[quoted image]
trimmed to 8gb card
[quoted image]
If anyone wants the 8gb version i can upload it to dropbox, and/or happy to send to cleland to if he wants it.
Cheers

Cleland added assets and used a 16gb SD to be safe. The RAW image assumes a 16GB card since that is what he used when the image was created.

#504 5 years ago

Yup, I just sent a request to applejuice to send me the Stock PRO 8 gig .img file and I can run the macros and repost the files to be at 8 gigs.
cpr9999 alerted me of this and it was corrected right off the bat for the LE Images. The links will remain the same, I will just replace with the Pro 16 gig versions with 8 gig versions to cut download times and use smaller size SD cards.

#505 5 years ago

Here is the trimmed pro image if anyone wants it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhuhrhnu1y0vola/gotg-cleland106-8gb.img?dl=0

I can send over a clean stern 8gb image of 1.06 , but it will take me a few days as I don’t have an image of this currently.

Added over 5 years ago:

Removed download link now from my dropbox share, as @cleland's information now supersedes this.

#506 5 years ago

Big thanks @applejuice, Sinestro , and cpr9999 For all their help with disk imaging.
To make it easy, here are links to all current 1.06 versions for both PRO and LE/Premium.

PRO Cleland Version 1.06 (Features Music Change and Movie Lines)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsraz2lqjinfimk/GOTG%20CLELAND_PRO_1_06.img?raw=1

PRO Sinestro Version 1.06 (Features Stock Music and Only Movie Lines Replaced)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzt00yswin0qd4m/GOTG%20SINESTRO_PRO_1_06.img?raw=1

LE/PREMIUM Cleland Version 1.06 (Features Music Change and Movie Lines)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ylj6nderwtztq2/GOTG_CLELAND_LE_1_06.img?raw=1

LE/PREMIUM Sinestro Version 1.06 (Features Stock Music and Only Movie Lines Replaced)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9pvvs45unmc1he/GOTG_SINESTRO_LE_1_06.img?raw=1

#507 5 years ago

Awesome, thanks guys.

Just a tip on posting dropbox download URLs. If you remove the dl=0 and change it to raw=1, the files automatically start downloading instead of taking you to the dropbox website when clicked.

ie: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsraz2lqjinfimk/GOTG%20CLELAND_PRO_1_06.img?raw=1

#508 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Awesome, thanks guys.
Just a tip on posting dropbox download URLs. If you remove the dl=0 and change it to raw=1, the files automatically start downloading instead of taking you to the dropbox website when clicked.

Well thanks for that tip! Links have been changed to reflect that now.

#509 5 years ago

Cleland, what's the difference in the 4 versions? Are two of them 8gb and two of them 16gb?

You might want to mark what's what.

#510 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Cleland, what's the difference in the 4 versions? Are two of them 8gb and two of them 16gb?
You might want to mark what's what.

Pro Cleland
Pro Sinestro
LE/Premium Cleland
LE/Premium Sinestro

They are all just under 8 gigs and will fit on an 8gig are larger SD card.

#511 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Pro Cleland
Pro Sinestro
LE/Premium Cleland
LE/Premium Sinestro
They are all just under 8 gigs and will fit on an 8gig are larger SD card.

I had a brain fart.

#512 5 years ago

Cleland for the win. You have made this game awesome!

#513 5 years ago

Picking this up soon. Sorry if this has been requested but is there a version with rubber band man?

#514 5 years ago

I'm on hols now so I decided to have a go at a new file based on the sinestro/cleland version. I updated the main tune songs so there is more variety in them rather than just the 4, but kept the stock mode score music. I also changed the I want you back end of game music to the chain.

Main song playlist is now:

Cherry Bomb
Hooked on a feeling
Aint no mountain high enough
The Chain
Come alittle bit closer
Moonage daydream
Lake Shore Drive
Fox on the Run
The Rubberband Man
Surrender
I Want You Back

So the game picks from the above when you are out of mode.

and Mr Blue Sky for mode select (from the Cleland version)

If nobody objects I can share this version for use via pm. I will probably try to improve it little to as I get time. Of course this is just a small tweak from the awesome work by Cleland

#515 5 years ago

PMed, I'll try it out!

Quoted from applejuice:

I'm on hols now so I decided to have a go at a new file based on the sinestro/cleland version. I updated the main tune songs so there is more variety in them rather than just the 4, but kept the stock mode score music. I also changed the I want you back end of game music to the chain.
Main song playlist is now:
Cherry Bomb
Hooked on a feeling
Aint no mountain high enough
The Chain
Come alittle bit closer
Moonage daydream
Lake Shore Drive
Fox on the Run
The Rubberband Man
Surrender
I Want You Back
So the game picks from the above when you are out of mode.
and Mr Blue Sky for mode select (from the Cleland version)
If nobody objects I can share this version for use via pm. I will probably try to improve it little to as I get time. Of course this is just a small tweak from the awesome work by Cleland

#516 5 years ago

Thanks to Cleland and everyone else , my machine came with the Cleland audio already on it from prior owner nevus so after playing a few games with the stock audio after the 1.06 upgrade can now really appreciate how much better the Cleland audio is !!

In particular Cleland does not own a gotg anymore but still put in the effort to work with the upgrade, many thanks!!!!! pm sent

#517 5 years ago

Just installed - this makes it super awesomely radically groovy!!! Thanks for all your work on this!

#518 5 years ago

Any videos?

#519 5 years ago

Subbing for updates and possible ownership down the road

2 weeks later
#520 5 years ago

I am a proud new owner of GOTG. After all the positive feedback on the Cleland mod I want to make this update ASAP. I've successfully downloaded the zip file to my USB but when I plug it into my pin for update it is not registering on the machine for an update. I've already updated the software to 1.06 and had no problems with recognizing that update. Any idea what I may be doing wrong or what the issue might be?

#521 5 years ago
Quoted from Sasquatch:

I am a proud new owner of GOTG. After all the positive feedback on the Cleland mod I want to make this update ASAP. I've successfully downloaded the zip file to my USB but when I plug it into my pin for update it is not registering on the machine for an update. I've already updated the software to 1.06 and had no problems with recognizing that update. Any idea what I may be doing wrong or what the issue might be?

The Cleland files are meant as a memory card replacement, not a memory stick type update. You need to get a 16 or 32 go memory card and copy the unzipped file onto it and then swap it out with the one in the game.

#522 5 years ago

DylanFan71 thank you for the quick reply! Makes sense, I will give that a try.

#523 5 years ago
Quoted from Sasquatch:

Follow the instructions on post #387. Works great

#524 5 years ago

Is there a post somewhere that lists what everything that is actually changed by installing the mod?

#525 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Is there a post somewhere that lists what everything that is actually changed by installing the mod?

Hundreds of lines of dialog.

Depending on what version you use, a few extra songs.

#526 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Hundreds of lines of dialog.
Depending on what version you use, a few extra songs.

Ah so there's a lot to it, not just songs. Callouts, movie lines, etc, the whole works. I take it by the reviews I've read that it's a must have mod for GOTG.

#527 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ah so there's a lot to it, not just songs. Callouts, movie lines, etc, the whole works. I take it by the reviews I've read that it's a must have mod for GOTG.

Basically, Stern had voice actors recite the exact movie lines, as well as alternative, but similar lines.

Cleland's mod replaces the movie dialog from the voice actors to the actual audio of those lines from the actors in the movie. You then go to settings and select the game to only use the movie lines.

It also replaces some of of the game specific instrumental music with additional songs from the movie soundtrack.

Cleland also offers the "Sinestro" version, which only replaces the voice actors, but leaves the stock instrumental music in place.

#528 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Basically, Stern had voice actors recite the exact movie lines, as well as alternative, but similar lines.
Cleland's mod replaces the movie dialog from the voice actors to the actual audio of those lines from the actors in the movie. You then go to settings and select the game to only use the movie lines.
It also replaces some of of the game specific instrumental music with additional songs from the movie soundtrack.
Cleland also offers the "Sinestro" version, which only replaces the voice actors, but leaves the stock instrumental music in place.

Thank you!

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

go to settings and select the game to only use the movie lines

Thanks for the heads up. I did not know this and just went and checked my machine and it was set to both original and alternates, so I switched it to original movie lines only. Played a few games and did not really notice a difference. When does it use the alternate lines if set for both?

#530 5 years ago

Hey guys.
I apologize for my ignorance here. When I swap back and forth from Cleland pro to Cleland/Sinestro pro I can't tell a difference. From what I'm reading they are supposed to have different songs right? They sound exactly the same to me.
What exactly is the difference supposed to be?
Thanks

#531 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hey guys.
I apologize for my ignorance here. When I swap back and forth from Cleland pro to Cleland/Sinestro pro I can't tell a difference. From what I'm reading they are supposed to have different songs right? They sound exactly the same to me.
What exactly is the difference supposed to be?
Thanks

Sinestro version does not have any songs replaced, keeps stock music.
My version replaces most songs with songs from the movies. You might not actually be changing versions? You'd know right away, pressing start will play ELO's Mr. Blue Sky upon start.

#532 5 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Thanks for the heads up. I did not know this and just went and checked my machine and it was set to both original and alternates, so I switched it to original movie lines only. Played a few games and did not really notice a difference. When does it use the alternate lines if set for both?

It's random. The lines are slightly different. If you don't have the movie memorized, you may not notice the difference.

However, it is crucial that you turn off the alternative lines when you use this mod. Otherwise, it will switch back and forth between the voice actors (reading the alternative lines) and the movie audio lines....making it a mess!

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

However, it is crucial that you turn off the alternative lines when you use this mod. Otherwise, it will switch back and forth between the voice actors (reading the alternative lines) and the movie audio lines....making it a mess!

I didnt know that, thanks

#534 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Sinestro version does not have any songs replaced, keeps stock music.
My version replaces most songs with songs from the movies. You might not actually be changing versions? You'd know right away, pressing start will play ELO's Mr. Blue Sky upon start.

Thank you for replying Cleland. However the songs are the same. I downloaded both pro versions from your post #506 above. I've compared them both in pinball browser. And yes they both have Mr Blue Sky.
Thanks

#535 5 years ago

Love the upgraded sound mod. But for some reason it's distorted on certain parts of Sanctuary mode. Sounds muffled. Does anyone else have this problem. Thanks.

2 weeks later
#536 5 years ago

Do I need to update my game to version 1.06 before inserting my cleland SD card that is 1.06?

#537 5 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Love the upgraded sound mod. But for some reason it's distorted on certain parts of Sanctuary mode. Sounds muffled. Does anyone else have this problem. Thanks.

I think I remember someone saying that can be a problem with the type of card you’re using. Either speed or brand.

#538 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Do I need to update my game to version 1.06 before inserting my cleland SD card that is 1.06?

No. By using the SD card swap method you are replacing code instead of only updating parts of it via a usb stick.
I recommend you update your current SD card with Stern's 1.06 usb update and then pull that SD card out and save it. Then place a new SD card in the pin with Cleland's 1.06 mix on it. That way you have a saved stock version. I did this and swapped SD cards back and forth because I wanted to compare.

#539 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

No. By using the SD card swap method you are replacing code instead of only updating parts of it via a usb stick.
I recommend you update your current SD card with Stern's 1.06 usb update and then pull that SD card out and save it. Then place a new SD card in the pin with Cleland's 1.06 mix on it. That way you have a saved stock version. I did this and swapped SD cards back and forth because I wanted to compare.

Thanks!!

#540 5 years ago

I'm picking up my huo GOTG pro this weekend and I believe it has old code and original sound on it. If I'm not very computer savvy, how much trouble is this to update? I've swapped code roms on older machines no problem, and loaded code into color dmds. Can someone kind of give me the instructions for dummies version of this procedure? Any help is much appreciated, Thanks!!!

#541 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm picking up my huo GOTG pro this weekend and I believe it has old code and original sound on it. If I'm not very computer savvy, how much trouble is this to update? I've swapped code roms on older machines no problem, and loaded code into color dmds. Can someone kind of give me the instructions for dummies version of this procedure? Any help is much appreciated, Thanks!!!

Super easy

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/8#post-4526517

#542 5 years ago

Cleland, I got to play a GOTG pro with your movie sounds, loads better. Job well done... Stern really missed the mark with the sounds.

I need to chat with you some more about pulling sound clips I want to upgrade my older SAM system pins with better movie quotes, I am starting to get the hang of this wonderful pinball browser tool.

#543 5 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Cleland, I got to play a GOTG pro with your movie sounds, loads better. Job well done... Stern really missed the mark with the sounds.
I need to chat with you some more about pulling sound clips I want to upgrade my older SAM system pins with better movie quotes, I am starting to get the hang of this wonderful pinball browser tool.

Thanks! Always feel free to reach out for anything, and this goes to everyone. We can only make the games better!

#544 5 years ago

So, the links in post #506 are immediate downloads of the code?? Sweet! Or am I jumping to conclusions?

#545 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, the links in post #506 are immediate downloads of the code?? Sweet! Or am I jumping to conclusions?

You got it

#546 5 years ago

Any more video on these versions. I found some from Cleland on Youtube but was only a minute. Would like a more extended one. Still on the fence for a GOTG Premium. But this is probably what it needs. Can anybody upload some minutes of gameplay?

#547 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Any more video on these versions. I found some from Cleland on Youtube but was only a minute. Would like a more extended one. Still on the fence for a GOTG Premium. But this is probably what it needs. Can anybody upload some minutes of gameplay?

I just received my GotG premium this week from ZMeny at flip n out, and the very first thing I did was install the cleland mod. It is a requirement for this game for sure, the sound clips from the movie plus much more of the movie sound track adds a lot to the game. I was playing a GotG Pro on location before deciding to get this one, and I wasn't feeling it 100% but ordered it anyways, and now that I have the premium plus the cleland, I am glad I made the purchase.

#548 5 years ago

By the way I'm pretty sure Zach at flip n out has a GotG premium on hand in stock ready to ship if you were looking for one!

#549 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I just received my GotG premium this week from zmeny at flip n out, and the very first thing I did was install the cleland mod. It is a requirement for this game for sure, the sound clips from the movie plus much more of the movie sound track adds a lot to the game. I was playing a GotG Pro on location before deciding to get this one, and I wasn't feeling it 100% but ordered it anyways, and now that I have the premium plus the cleland, I am glad I made the purchase.

PLease make some video of a complete game. I really would like tot see this all the way. The ELO at the start should be enough to tunr this game on fire!

#550 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

PLease make some video of a complete game. I really would like tot see this all the way. The ELO at the start should be enough to tunr this game on fire!

I’ll try to get one today. Fair warning it’s gonna be handheld iPhone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/11?hl=kevindrives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.