Topic Stats

• 535 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 123 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3044 (resized).JPG
IMG_3043 (resized).JPG
20181215_152807 (resized).jpg
20181214_170057 (resized).jpg
20181214_170057 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
1534730598146995581627382793541 (resized).jpg
15347296930856999666162993627829 (resized).jpg
20180606_185126 (resized).jpg
SD 16g (resized).jpg
55CA2B21-2CB6-49D5-890C-AE1A162FF2F7.gif
04654B50-A7D4-4AC8-9C70-8865E14757C1.gif
076C10E2-BFE9-4838-99FC-2A38E9BE90D7.gif
BG (resized).jpg
15212D85-178A-4D76-9375-217F498D9729 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 535 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
#501 60 days ago

I would like to try the 8gb one, the other is just too large for my slow internet to handle.

#502 60 days ago

Great work again cleland

Can I edit the image file edit in PinballBrowser so I can keep my high scores?

#503 60 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I'm not sure why the image size went to 16gb, when the original stern card were 8gb ones? I had a look at the image for the pro and made an 8gb version for my game. That way i could continue using my spare 8gb card. There is just a load of unallocated space on the card for the remaining 8gb of it.
original 16gb card
[quoted image]
trimmed to 8gb card
[quoted image]
If anyone wants the 8gb version i can upload it to dropbox, and/or happy to send to cleland to if he wants it.
Cheers

Cleland added assets and used a 16gb SD to be safe. The RAW image assumes a 16GB card since that is what he used when the image was created.

#504 60 days ago

Yup, I just sent a request to applejuice to send me the Stock PRO 8 gig .img file and I can run the macros and repost the files to be at 8 gigs.
cpr9999 alerted me of this and it was corrected right off the bat for the LE Images. The links will remain the same, I will just replace with the Pro 16 gig versions with 8 gig versions to cut download times and use smaller size SD cards.

#505 59 days ago

Here is the trimmed pro image if anyone wants it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhuhrhnu1y0vola/gotg-cleland106-8gb.img?dl=0

I can send over a clean stern 8gb image of 1.06 , but it will take me a few days as I don’t have an image of this currently.

Added 58 days ago:

Removed download link now from my dropbox share, as cleland's information now supersedes this.

#506 58 days ago

Big thanks applejuice, sinestro , and cpr9999 For all their help with disk imaging.
To make it easy, here are links to all current 1.06 versions for both PRO and LE/Premium.

PRO Cleland Version 1.06 (Features Music Change and Movie Lines)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsraz2lqjinfimk/GOTG%20CLELAND_PRO_1_06.img?raw=1

PRO Sinestro Version 1.06 (Features Stock Music and Only Movie Lines Replaced)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzt00yswin0qd4m/GOTG%20SINESTRO_PRO_1_06.img?raw=1

LE/PREMIUM Cleland Version 1.06 (Features Music Change and Movie Lines)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ylj6nderwtztq2/GOTG_CLELAND_LE_1_06.img?raw=1

LE/PREMIUM Sinestro Version 1.06 (Features Stock Music and Only Movie Lines Replaced)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9pvvs45unmc1he/GOTG_SINESTRO_LE_1_06.img?raw=1

#507 58 days ago

Awesome, thanks guys.

Just a tip on posting dropbox download URLs. If you remove the dl=0 and change it to raw=1, the files automatically start downloading instead of taking you to the dropbox website when clicked.

ie: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsraz2lqjinfimk/GOTG%20CLELAND_PRO_1_06.img?raw=1

#508 58 days ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Awesome, thanks guys.
Just a tip on posting dropbox download URLs. If you remove the dl=0 and change it to raw=1, the files automatically start downloading instead of taking you to the dropbox website when clicked.

Well thanks for that tip! Links have been changed to reflect that now.

#509 58 days ago

Cleland, what's the difference in the 4 versions? Are two of them 8gb and two of them 16gb?

You might want to mark what's what.

#510 58 days ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Cleland, what's the difference in the 4 versions? Are two of them 8gb and two of them 16gb?
You might want to mark what's what.

Pro Cleland
Pro Sinestro
LE/Premium Cleland
LE/Premium Sinestro

They are all just under 8 gigs and will fit on an 8gig are larger SD card.

#511 58 days ago
Quoted from cleland:

Pro Cleland
Pro Sinestro
LE/Premium Cleland
LE/Premium Sinestro
They are all just under 8 gigs and will fit on an 8gig are larger SD card.

I had a brain fart.

#512 57 days ago

Cleland for the win. You have made this game awesome!

#513 56 days ago

Picking this up soon. Sorry if this has been requested but is there a version with rubber band man?

#514 55 days ago

I'm on hols now so I decided to have a go at a new file based on the sinestro/cleland version. I updated the main tune songs so there is more variety in them rather than just the 4, but kept the stock mode score music. I also changed the I want you back end of game music to the chain.

Main song playlist is now:

Cherry Bomb
Hooked on a feeling
Aint no mountain high enough
The Chain
Come alittle bit closer
Moonage daydream
Lake Shore Drive
Fox on the Run
The Rubberband Man
Surrender
I Want You Back

So the game picks from the above when you are out of mode.

and Mr Blue Sky for mode select (from the Cleland version)

If nobody objects I can share this version for use via pm. I will probably try to improve it little to as I get time. Of course this is just a small tweak from the awesome work by Cleland

#515 55 days ago

PMed, I'll try it out!

Quoted from applejuice:

I'm on hols now so I decided to have a go at a new file based on the sinestro/cleland version. I updated the main tune songs so there is more variety in them rather than just the 4, but kept the stock mode score music. I also changed the I want you back end of game music to the chain.
Main song playlist is now:
Cherry Bomb
Hooked on a feeling
Aint no mountain high enough
The Chain
Come alittle bit closer
Moonage daydream
Lake Shore Drive
Fox on the Run
The Rubberband Man
Surrender
I Want You Back
So the game picks from the above when you are out of mode.
and Mr Blue Sky for mode select (from the Cleland version)
If nobody objects I can share this version for use via pm. I will probably try to improve it little to as I get time. Of course this is just a small tweak from the awesome work by Cleland

#516 54 days ago

Thanks to Cleland and everyone else , my machine came with the Cleland audio already on it from prior owner nevus so after playing a few games with the stock audio after the 1.06 upgrade can now really appreciate how much better the Cleland audio is !!

In particular Cleland does not own a gotg anymore but still put in the effort to work with the upgrade, many thanks!!!!! pm sent

#517 53 days ago

Just installed - this makes it super awesomely radically groovy!!! Thanks for all your work on this!

#518 47 days ago

Any videos?

#519 47 days ago

Subbing for updates and possible ownership down the road

2 weeks later
#520 27 days ago

I am a proud new owner of GOTG. After all the positive feedback on the Cleland mod I want to make this update ASAP. I've successfully downloaded the zip file to my USB but when I plug it into my pin for update it is not registering on the machine for an update. I've already updated the software to 1.06 and had no problems with recognizing that update. Any idea what I may be doing wrong or what the issue might be?

#521 27 days ago
Quoted from Sasquatch:

I am a proud new owner of GOTG. After all the positive feedback on the Cleland mod I want to make this update ASAP. I've successfully downloaded the zip file to my USB but when I plug it into my pin for update it is not registering on the machine for an update. I've already updated the software to 1.06 and had no problems with recognizing that update. Any idea what I may be doing wrong or what the issue might be?

The Cleland files are meant as a memory card replacement, not a memory stick type update. You need to get a 16 or 32 go memory card and copy the unzipped file onto it and then swap it out with the one in the game.

#522 27 days ago

dylanfan71 thank you for the quick reply! Makes sense, I will give that a try.

#523 27 days ago
Quoted from Sasquatch:

Follow the instructions on post #387. Works great

#524 22 days ago

Is there a post somewhere that lists what everything that is actually changed by installing the mod?

#525 22 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Is there a post somewhere that lists what everything that is actually changed by installing the mod?

Hundreds of lines of dialog.

Depending on what version you use, a few extra songs.

#526 22 days ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Hundreds of lines of dialog.
Depending on what version you use, a few extra songs.

Ah so there's a lot to it, not just songs. Callouts, movie lines, etc, the whole works. I take it by the reviews I've read that it's a must have mod for GOTG.

#527 22 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ah so there's a lot to it, not just songs. Callouts, movie lines, etc, the whole works. I take it by the reviews I've read that it's a must have mod for GOTG.

Basically, Stern had voice actors recite the exact movie lines, as well as alternative, but similar lines.

Cleland's mod replaces the movie dialog from the voice actors to the actual audio of those lines from the actors in the movie. You then go to settings and select the game to only use the movie lines.

It also replaces some of of the game specific instrumental music with additional songs from the movie soundtrack.

Cleland also offers the "Sinestro" version, which only replaces the voice actors, but leaves the stock instrumental music in place.

#528 22 days ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Basically, Stern had voice actors recite the exact movie lines, as well as alternative, but similar lines.
Cleland's mod replaces the movie dialog from the voice actors to the actual audio of those lines from the actors in the movie. You then go to settings and select the game to only use the movie lines.
It also replaces some of of the game specific instrumental music with additional songs from the movie soundtrack.
Cleland also offers the "Sinestro" version, which only replaces the voice actors, but leaves the stock instrumental music in place.

Thank you!

#529 21 days ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

go to settings and select the game to only use the movie lines

Thanks for the heads up. I did not know this and just went and checked my machine and it was set to both original and alternates, so I switched it to original movie lines only. Played a few games and did not really notice a difference. When does it use the alternate lines if set for both?

#530 17 days ago

Hey guys.
I apologize for my ignorance here. When I swap back and forth from Cleland pro to Cleland/Sinestro pro I can't tell a difference. From what I'm reading they are supposed to have different songs right? They sound exactly the same to me.
What exactly is the difference supposed to be?
Thanks

#531 17 days ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hey guys.
I apologize for my ignorance here. When I swap back and forth from Cleland pro to Cleland/Sinestro pro I can't tell a difference. From what I'm reading they are supposed to have different songs right? They sound exactly the same to me.
What exactly is the difference supposed to be?
Thanks

Sinestro version does not have any songs replaced, keeps stock music.
My version replaces most songs with songs from the movies. You might not actually be changing versions? You'd know right away, pressing start will play ELO's Mr. Blue Sky upon start.

#532 17 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Thanks for the heads up. I did not know this and just went and checked my machine and it was set to both original and alternates, so I switched it to original movie lines only. Played a few games and did not really notice a difference. When does it use the alternate lines if set for both?

It's random. The lines are slightly different. If you don't have the movie memorized, you may not notice the difference.

However, it is crucial that you turn off the alternative lines when you use this mod. Otherwise, it will switch back and forth between the voice actors (reading the alternative lines) and the movie audio lines....making it a mess!

#533 16 days ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

However, it is crucial that you turn off the alternative lines when you use this mod. Otherwise, it will switch back and forth between the voice actors (reading the alternative lines) and the movie audio lines....making it a mess!

I didnt know that, thanks

#534 16 days ago
Quoted from cleland:

Sinestro version does not have any songs replaced, keeps stock music.
My version replaces most songs with songs from the movies. You might not actually be changing versions? You'd know right away, pressing start will play ELO's Mr. Blue Sky upon start.

Thank you for replying Cleland. However the songs are the same. I downloaded both pro versions from your post #506 above. I've compared them both in pinball browser. And yes they both have Mr Blue Sky.
Thanks

#535 11 days ago

Love the upgraded sound mod. But for some reason it's distorted on certain parts of Sanctuary mode. Sounds muffled. Does anyone else have this problem. Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 27.95
$ 26.95
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
€ 40.00
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 13.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lorton, VA
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 535 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside