• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Snailman
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gotghi (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyberkryten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

OK, I've been playing my GoTGLE for a couple of weeks now and have been working on figuring out the rules an coming up with strategies to maximise scoring and progress, so thought I'd share here in case it helps anyone else, or for people to point out where I'm doing it wrong!

First aim is working for three modes started to get the extra ball, so if I don’t finish a mode, I’ll start a new one rather than try and complete that one by selecting it again.

Second is to get four modes complete for Cherry Bomb

Sanctuary seems like a good starter, but doesn’t save progress so you can ‘waste’ time in the mode if you don’t complete it. Works quite well in multi ball as all the shots are places balls hit when there’s several flying about. I’m not actually sure if hits in this progress towards Hadron Enforcer?

Yaka Arrow seems to have disproportionately high scoring compared to other modes and the Yondu bonus carries over between balls if you complete the mode (10m or so), so getting that done early seems like a good idea.

Broker isn’t too hard and you can work towards Orb multi ball whilst doing it (though locking a ball takes an age of time off your clock)

Nowhere also seems fairly simple to complete and I usually ‘miss’ the scoop a few times trying to collect the extra ball/mystery, so get shots on Drax anyway.

Escape Kyln seems fairly easy in a multi ball because of the extra launches and hitting the in-lanes but is dangerous because of the Rocket shot with a single ball.

During the modes, I aim to put 2x on shots for the modes I’m about to work on, or on Groot/Orb if I’m about to start those (I’m guessing that’s the best idea).

I’ve really not quite figured out how to ‘complete’ either Orb or Groot multi balls. I’ve hit Super Jackpots at the end (12m/24m) but assume I’m missing something as they only ever end up flashing and not lit solid.

I’ve also not figured how to tell how many Hadron Enforcer hits you have available, sometimes I have two or three banked, but don’t know until I’ve used the first one and the button is still flashing - I tend to save them for the last 10 seconds of a mode to complete it if I'm a close to finishing (hence why knowing how many hits I can make).

I’m nowhere near going for Immolation Initiative or Save Xandar, so the fact I find Pod Chase, Sibling Rivalry and Quill’s Quest harder to fully complete means I generally avoid those.

Need to work on having/gaining control better, especially when the timer is running out as I tend to flail at shots.

Also shooting the scoop is key and I miss it constantly - the first three times I qualified Cherry Bomb I drained before I hit the scoop shot to start it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
6,495 (Firm)
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 19.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyberkryten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-rules-strategy-101-code?tu=cyberkryten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.