Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which is the better title?”

• Guardians of the Galaxy Pro 53 votes
    51%
  • Ghostbusters Pro 50 votes
    49%

(103 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

I've heard GB got a lot better with software updates but wouldn't know. I agree with ForceFlow in that it's design flaws outweigh fun things in the game.
Rather play something else in most cases. Never got into GOTG but to be fair I only played it a few times. In the end, if you are looking for a great Stern pro I would recommend looking a little further unless you can find one of these games real cheap.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

But I haven’t heard any design points being off like for example, Houdini gets a ton of grief because it’s a brick monster. You have to be a damn sniper to hit almost any of the shots, so there’s tons of comments on angle, post position, geometry, so on and so forth. But until probably the post after this one. No one ever explains why GB is a terrible design. It’s just hard and people get discouraged because they couldn’t drunkenly flail shots on location like GOTG.

For starters, right ramp is prime example of terrible design. Ball goes up, looses momentum, and then drops down like a failed shot on pro. On premium, right ramp is very tight and very difficult. Neither is fun to shoot imo. Inlanes guides badly designed and ball often jumps right over straight to outlanes with no chance of nudging. Pop up targets causes a lot of drains on premium and block shots. The slimer rarely worked right on games I played. More of a opinion but some shots just feel difficult to hit when they shouldn't. Flipper adjustment seems to be very important. I really enjoyed playing GB when it first came out. Love the theme, art, and world under glass. However, the more I played it the more I disliked it. You spend all your time battling the flaws of the game without much reward other than keeping ball alive a few minutes longer. Final nail in coffin was when they put in that random jump scare, scream animation. Maybe there is a good game hiding in there somewhere but done looking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 103.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-pro-vs-ghostbusters-pro?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.