Topic poll

“GOTG pro vs EHOH premium”

• Gotg pro 16 votes
    17%
  • Ehoh premium 76 votes
    83%

(92 votes)

#1 3 years ago

Possibility of flipping for either of these. Already have DP premium (DP staying).

Advice? Like a bit of depth (Own TSPP), but flow at the same time (also love our AFM).

#2 3 years ago

I prefer GOTG because of the theme. The Elvira code is still in progress but it's turning out to be really good as well.

#3 3 years ago

Elvira all day long for me. Beautiful machine that shoots like butter and has some really good code that's only getting better. If you like the theme, there's nothing else quite like it.

#4 3 years ago

The horrible fake voices ruin GOTG. Boballee Bobo. Elvira is true to its theme & has Lyman on code.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Elvira all day long for me. Beautiful machine that shoots like butter and has some really good code that's only getting better. If you like the theme, there's nothing else quite like it.

Thanks. Don’t own any horror themes and the Elvira gets the wife’s approval. Good to have real assets. DP was fine because it was based on the comics. Would hate to have hired talent to mimic the actors from the movie.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks. Don’t own any horror themes and the Elvira gets the wife’s approval. Good to have real assets. DP was fine because it was based on the comics. Would hate to have hired talent to mimic the actors from the movie.

Most everyone uses the "cleland" sound mod for GotG. It replaces the audio for all the modes with the actual movie audio. So the only voice acting that's game specific is the call-outs for hadron enforcer, extra ball, rampage double scoring, etc. It's a fun shooter if you like flow and can be had for a good price. The rules are fairly basic but not bad. Has really good music and sound effects.

#7 3 years ago

Elvira really surprised me. It’s a ton of fun. I say that being not all that familiar with Elvira, just knowing who she is. I think it’s a no brainer!

#8 3 years ago

Elvira is the winner for me. Wasn't even contemplating getting one and played it and had to have it. GOTG is good but not in the same league for me. Elvira is also my wifes favorite playing pin. Lyman code is already amazing.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Elvira is the winner for me. Wasn't even contemplating getting one and played it and had to have it. GOTG is good but not in the same league for me. Elvira is also my wifes favorite playing pin. Lyman code is already amazing.

My wife loves AFM, so Lyman is a big plus for us.

#10 3 years ago

Elvira. Not even a contest.

#11 3 years ago

Go with GOTG; as a former TSPP owner, this game would go great with it...It's fast fun and super approachable...Guests love it too, I put the Cleland mod on it and it rocks for real

#12 3 years ago

This is a decent "this or that" because of the price difference, I don't know what a EHOH Premium is going for but you can find fantastic condition GOTG Pro for $5K and miss very little in terms of game play (spinners) from the Prem.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Elvira. Not even a contest.

Yep. The code is significantly deeper (And the game isn’t even done yet), it’s still a fast playing machine, and the audio does not grate on the nerves (I.e. the voice acting). It’s actually Elvira and Tim Kitzrow!

#14 3 years ago

Maybe if the sound is turned off or you mod the music on gotg it would be a good game but as it sits with the current factory soundtrack it is one of the worse sounding game only second to Motordome.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Maybe if the sound is turned off or you mod the music on gotg it would be a good game but as it sits with the current factory soundtrack it is one of the worse sounding game only second to Motordome.

It's so easy to drop @cleland's sound package into it I don't know why anyone wouldn't do it though I have heard a few people say they like to laugh at the voice acting in the factory code, it's so bad it's good.

#16 3 years ago

I went after a GOTG Pro but it didn't last long at home. I thought it was actually pretty bland. This is with the sound mod too. I just don't think a lot was put into it. With a blend of MET and Iron Man, I figured it'd be a home run but it just didn't click w/me.

EHOH I can't comment on.

#17 3 years ago

EHOH is a freggin gem and in its' own league compared to GOTG Pro... where you know, sometimes you shoot red shots, or green shots, or blue shots while clips play, with no tie in whatsoever.

#18 3 years ago

Y'all who think that Guardians even comes close to Elvira, in any way, shape or form, are clowning yourselves.

I've got them both sitting in my game room right now, as I traded a friend for my old GOTG so he could put some time on my JP3.

I consider EHOH a solid A+ game with GOTG coming in at a B to B+

If money isn't an issue, Elvira is your ticket.

#19 3 years ago

Wait a year to buy Elvira. Play GOTG now. Win-win.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

This is a decent "this or that" because of the price difference, I don't know what a EHOH Premium is going for but you can find fantastic condition GOTG Pro for $5K and miss very little in terms of game play (spinners) from the Prem.

Yep. Price is a bit of a consideration. $9500 AUD compared to $13500. That’s why I was torn.

Both themes are good with Elvira a bit ahead.

But I don’t own any stern fan layouts so both could work.

I’m getting awesome feedback that is helping me decide.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I went after a GOTG Pro but it didn't last long at home. I thought it was actually pretty bland. This is with the sound mod too. I just don't think a lot was put into it. With a blend of MET and Iron Man, I figured it'd be a home run but it just didn't click w/me.
EHOH I can't comment on.

Thanks IM is another I am interested in. Funny thing is the revault will cost the same as a new gotg pro. Was surprised by this. SAM same price as a SPIKE 2. I guess IM does have a couple of good mechs...

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

EHOH is a freggin gem and in its' own league compared to GOTG Pro... where you know, sometimes you shoot red shots, or green shots, or blue shots while clips play, with no tie in whatsoever.

Yep. I have a game like that. Know what you mean. Much prefer mode based games like TSPP where the shots, call outs and objectives are all tied together. Thanks for letting me know.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Y'all who think that Guardians even comes close to Elvira, in any way, shape or form, are clowning yourselves.
I've got them both sitting in my game room right now, as I traded a friend for my old GOTG so he could put some time on my JP3.

Thanks!!

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Would you even put Ehoh above JP stern? (Sorry off topic just curious for opinion from someone who owns both. JP, wife will never agree to)

#25 3 years ago

I would put EHOH above JP after playing both quite a bit. The call outs and integration are vastly superior. Both excellent games with fun toys and layouts.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Would you even put Ehoh above JP stern? (Sorry off topic just curious for opinion from someone who owns both. JP, wife will never agree to)

I'd pick Elvira over JP for beginners or casuals. It's more approachable in terms of rules and shot layout. JP can be really punishing.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

We prefer GOTG and 3lvira over JP2. Personal preference.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We prefer GOTG and 3lvira over JP2. Personal preference.

Thanks. My wife’s least favourite Are the heavy stop and go mode based games. So flow games with interesting things to do is important. So good to hear your thoughts.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks IM is another I am interested in. Funny thing is the revault will cost the same as a new gotg pro. Was surprised by this. SAM same price as a SPIKE 2. I guess IM does have a couple of good mechs...

IM rules...and just got a nice 10 year anniversary code update!

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

IM rules...and just got a nice 10 year anniversary code update!

Might be getting that in a couple of years. Doing extension. Have approval for 10 pins.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Might be getting that in a couple of years. Doing extension. Have approval for 10 pins.

I would make space for 20 pins at least. We thought space for 10 would be enough too.

#32 3 years ago

I would make space for 20 pins at least. We thought space for 10 would be enough too.

My wife hates you!!!

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

My wife hates you!!!

My wife loves me. Pinball is her hobby and idea. I just go along with it.

Play together, stay together.

#34 3 years ago

My wife loves me. Pinball is her hobby and idea. I just go along with it.
Play together, stay together.

Hold on to that one! Come to think of it the original idea of One pin came from my wife. The idea of “let’s get another one” came from me. Thanks for all your help. Who-Dey told me you were a helpful guy!

#35 3 years ago

If you like AFM then you'll probably like EHOH more. GOTG lasted 3 months for me but I had ZERO interest in that license. I'll have a EHOH someday, but I'm a wait and see on a second run HUO after Stern hopefully fixes their QC problems.

#36 3 years ago

I like GOTG more

#37 3 years ago

Thanks everyone. My Elvira arrives August.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks everyone. My Elvira arrives August.

That is awesome. Welcome to the club!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade
Other
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 12.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics
8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 28.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-pro-vs-ehoh-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.