Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by spidey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“GOTG pro vs Deadpool pro”

• GOTG pro 29 votes
      36%
    • Deadpool pro 51 votes
      64%

(80 votes)

#1 5 years ago

I’m looking to add one of these two pins. A local arcade has both so I have played both. The only issue is the GOTG has the orb drop target problem where it won’t release the ball. So I can’t get a good feel for how it plays. I thought Deadpool was fun. Which game has better code and staying power? Right now it would be my 2nd pin alongside TWD premium.

#2 5 years ago

GOTG not even close

#3 5 years ago

Does your inquiry mean you are having second thoughts about your wanted ad prior to this post? And at the price point you would probably be spending, why not consider a Metallica Pro or Iron Maiden Pro? Both much better games IMHO then GOTG or DP...

#4 5 years ago

I prefer GOTG.

#5 5 years ago

gotg orb drop issue is a simple fix, I would not let that be the determining factor , if you have played both even with the orb issue you probably have a pretty good sense of what you like or don't like. the got orb shot when functioning puts a pause in the flow like the groot shot and has a randomness to where the ball returns after release.

#6 5 years ago

GOTG by a country mile!!!

#7 5 years ago

GOTG shoots a lot better. Deadpool has a fairly unique layout, but shoots a little clunkier. I've been contemplating these two games as well, and GOTG seems to be the better choice for me.

#8 5 years ago

I have all 3 games, i like GOTG the best. DP is fun. TWD is good but very brutal and frustrating.
    i like playing about 50 games before i decide which game to buy

#9 5 years ago

I’m definitely leaning toward GOTG pro. I think I may have found one close by. Just wanted to see what others thought. Thanks for responses.

#10 5 years ago

I like them both, but I’ve only been able to play Deadpool about 10 times.

IMO, Deadpool has one of the coolest layouts in years. Highly original. Gomez can’t win. Everytime he strays from the ubiquitous fan layout he gets criticized.

I was stunned at how much fun the layout and shits were and how little celebration it received. That said, I can’t speak to the code depth or rules because I don’t understand the game that well.

I like the LCD images from the movie on GOTG a lot more then the old school graphics on Deadpool. But Deadpool feels more solid. GOTG can feel a little light to me.

The voices on GOTG never bothered me at all either.

Hoping to play both a lot more.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Does your inquiry mean you are having second thoughts about your wanted ad prior to this post? And at the price point you would probably be spending, why not consider a Metallica Pro or Iron Maiden Pro? Both much better games IMHO then GOTG or DP...

GOTG pro is my first choice. Me and my son are both fans of the movies. I have had Met pro already and I’ve had ACDC premium. I’m a fairly big fan of both bands. I let them both go and haven’t missed them much. I’m starting to think I’m just not that into music pins. I’m not an Iron Maiden fan at all but I hear it’s a good pin.

#12 5 years ago

I played both multiple times at a local barcade and went with DP over GOTG, which were both on my list, but I could only get one. I felt I already had a fan layout pin so really appreciated that George went in a different direction with DP. It's not buttery smooth, but I also wouldn't describe it as overly clunky. I also like DP's humor, even the PG version in the pin, and liked the "classic" sounds and graphics. Having said that, as others have said, while it's great to get input/advice, it's a very personal choice, so it should be what you like best. Good luck with the purchase and hope you love whatever you end up getting.

#13 5 years ago

I like them both... and both are DRASTICALLY different. For if I was to own one, GOTG and then add the amazing sound mod by cleland

#14 5 years ago

wow - I can't believe the comments on this. DP by a mile. GOTG is the worst modern stern codewise I've ever played. It is horrible. The code consists of playing a shitty movie clip while hitting lit shots. There is no integration from the screen to the game. It is god awful. You could've slapped any move in there. Dead pool integration is amazing. The flow on the machine is unmatched. The callouts are amazing. I'm honestly blown away anyone actually likes GOTG. I couldn't get rid of GOTG fast enough. Sooo bad.

#15 5 years ago

GOTG

#16 5 years ago

This is another weird thread where almost all of the comments are GOTG but right now the votes are 12 GOTG and 31 DP. Go figure. Personally I like Dead Pool more but that's just me.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

This is another weird thread where almost all of the comments are GOTG but right now the votes are 12 GOTG and 31 DP.

The silent majority.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from rawbars:

GOTG pro is my first choice. Me and my son are both fans of the movies. I have had Met pro already and I’ve had ACDC premium. I’m a fairly big fan of both bands. I let them both go and haven’t missed them much. I’m starting to think I’m just not that into music pins. I’m not an Iron Maiden fan at all but I hear it’s a good pin.

Then that's why you like GOTG- the resemblance to MetPro is very close- Met just has the farther/deeper code. The IM pin isn't just about being a music pin, it's got a lot more depth to it as well. I own IM, and MetPro, and have played only prolly 15-20 games of DP and GOTG- so that's where I'm coming from..

But the voters are speaking as well, and hopefully its based on actual experience.....

#19 5 years ago

Neither are super good

#20 5 years ago

GOTG shoots pretty damn good and with the code update it's a solid game. Haven't really cared for DP yet..

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

wow - I can't believe the comments on this. DP by a mile. GOTG is the worst modern stern codewise I've ever played. It is horrible. The code consists of playing a shitty movie clip while hitting lit shots. There is no integration from the screen to the game. It is god awful. You could've slapped any move in there. Dead pool integration is amazing. The flow on the machine is unmatched. The callouts are amazing. I'm honestly blown away anyone actually likes GOTG. I couldn't get rid of GOTG fast enough. Sooo bad.

Deadpool has good flow? ...compared to GOTG, not at all. The code on GOTG isn’t deep sure, but what’s there is fun. And as far as callouts, Deadpool gets incredibly repetitive.

Deadpool definitely does win theme integration, but at least Stern got movie clips for GOTG

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Deadpool has good flow? ...compared to GOTG, not at all. The code on GOTG isn’t deep sure, but what’s there is fun. And as far as callouts, Deadpool gets incredibly repetitive.
    Deadpool definitely does win theme integration, but at least Stern got movie clips for GOTG

Hell yeah it has amazing flow. The ball never stops. The movie clips are so annoying. It just plays it during the mode time. It literally has no impact. Over and over and over. Same movie clips. With fake voices lol.

#23 5 years ago

If you found a good deal on GotG locally then, yes, go for it. I haven't played DP much but seems fun as well. Maybe I'll have both someday.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-pro-vs-deadpool-pro?hl=pinballjj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.