(Topic ID: 224080)

GOTG, Pro or Premium? Are the differences worth it?

By PinsOnly

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

RGB inserts, spinners, 2 more magnets, Groot arms and art are the only differences I can think of. I went Premium, but really this is one of the best featured Pros when compared to the Premiums. None of the differences affect gameplay in any way.

The Orb is fixed and so is Rocket on the Pro, they both move on the Prem and LE I believe.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

All voices were done by voice actors--not the real actors from the movie. They're....ok.

This is easily fixed by running cleland code which mixes in a LOT of the actual voice clips from the movie.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinsOnly:

Yes, The light show is usually the deal breaker on Pro's for me, but I like that the shot arrows on the Pro on GOTG are RGB lit, which is great! If it's GI Lighting, I am not as concerned about it as we prefer to play in pretty bright light anyway. What other inserts are RGB lit and do they play a big part in the overall game?
    I do appreciate all the insights here. I have been trying to scan through the pinside threads here, but it is tough, the GOTG is here thread is 86 pages and the owners club is 56 pages or something. It is tough to find the specific info.

I believe all the inserts in the Prem/LE are clear and RGB lit as opposed to just the arrows on the Pro. This makes for a cooler light show for certain but I don't know that it affects game play in anyway. Look for some youtube videos of both, there is a really good one of Bowden playing the Pro and I've seen some shorter ones of the Premium in play. I played both nearly side by side not too long ago and the Premium is definitely nicer to look at and has those cool extra elements like spinners. I bought a Pro but mainly for two reasons: 1) I don't know that I'll keep it for a very long time (I might as I do really like it) and 2) I got a really good deal on one that was nearly brand new.

Can't go wrong either way on this game IMO, but only you can decide if it's worth the extra $$ for the Prem/LE.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why would you say these things and own 30 games? Im totally lost here and scratching my head.

It's called "Canadian Humor", eh.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-pro-or-premium-are-the-differences-worth-it?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.