Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D8B78184-47A0-4B7D-AD2E-51EADA172BD6 (resized).jpeg
ED65C85E-F1AF-4A61-923A-6A9F7C342952 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I am sure this has been covered previously given all the issues with node boards but I am not sure what to look at first.

I was just playing a game on GOTG Pro and noticed some of the playfield lighting had gone out. I turned the machine off and when I restarted I got a screen showing 9 node not found.

I have checked all the cables for a loose wire but could not find anything. I am not sure how to troubleshoot these boards or if I just need to replace it with a new board.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

ED65C85E-F1AF-4A61-923A-6A9F7C342952 (resized).jpegED65C85E-F1AF-4A61-923A-6A9F7C342952 (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago
Quoted from martymart:

I am sure this has been covered previously given all the issues with node boards but I am not sure what to look at first.
I was just playing a game on GOTG Pro and noticed some of the playfield lighting had gone out. I turned the machine off and when I restarted I got a screen showing 9 node not found.
I have checked all the cables for a loose wire but could not find anything. I am not sure how to troubleshoot these boards or if I just need to replace it with a new board.
Any guidance would be appreciated.[quoted image]

Check the connectors with the power off. There's a diagram of where Node boards are in the manual so you know what board to check.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the connectors with the power off. There's a diagram of where Node boards are in the manual so you know what board to check.

Thanks for the tip. I have checked the connections and still have the same issue. It has impacted not just the lighting but also a ball in groot will not eject so anything that is controlled by the node board is off line.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from martymart:

Thanks for the tip. I have checked the connections and still have the same issue. It has impacted not just the lighting but also a ball in groot will not eject so anything that is controlled by the node board is off line.

Did you check the other end of where CN4 and CN5 connect (they're the ethernet-looking cables at the end of the node board). Plug and unplug the node 9 connection and the other end of those cables.

#5 4 years ago

Check the bus cable at node 0 backbox and node 1 cabinet, if they’re seated okay

Then

Swap one of the other node boards over (eg: node 2, just be sure that you put the
Dip switches in the correct order, so the bus reads it as node 9
Conversely be sure that the original node 9 board you swapped over has the appropriate Dip settings (eg: node 2)

I just used node 2 as an example, have a look at node 9 and see which node board could be interchangeable

Doing this should do the trick as the CPU is now reading the node boards anew

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Check the bus cable at node 0 backbox and node 1 cabinet, if they’re seated okay
Then
Swap one of the other node boards over (eg: node 2, just be sure that you put the
Dip switches in the correct order, so the bus reads it as node 9
Conversely be sure that the original node 9 board you swapped over has the appropriate Dip settings (eg: node 2)
I just used node 2 as an example, have a look at node 9 and see which node board could be interchangeable
Doing this should do the trick as the CPU is now reading the node boards anew

Thanks for that. I will try this in the next couple of days to see if this fixes the issue or highlights a problem with the board.

#7 4 years ago

I recently had the same issue with Batman 66 and had to get a replacement node board.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I recently had the same issue with Batman 66 and had to get a replacement node board.

That is my concern. Did it just stop or did something cause it. I am concerned that I replace the board and then it blows again. I am not aware of any shorts but would hate to replace it and then have it go down.

#9 4 years ago

As an update I managed to get a new board during the week. I finally got around to installing it today and when I fired it up I still get the alert 9 node not found. So I still have he same problem.

There looks to be power to the board and the only difference is the amber light flashes slower when compared to the other node board. I have checked all the cables and connections although cannot find anything that looks out of place.

Does anyone have any tips on what to look at next as I am not sure what to do to fix this issue.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from martymart:

As an update I managed to get a new board during the week. I finally got around to installing it today and when I fired it up I still get the alert 9 node not found. So I still have he same problem.
There looks to be power to the board and the only difference is the amber light flashes slower when compared to the other node board. I have checked all the cables and connections although cannot find anything that looks out of place.
Does anyone have any tips on what to look at next as I am not sure what to do to fix this issue.

Are the dip switches set proper on the board?

Rob

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Are the dip switches set proper on the board?
Rob

Yes I just double checked it though and it is inline with the one that came out and the manual.

#12 4 years ago

So after some process of elimination I managed to get the node board to register. From there I had to check all the switches that related to CN11 as this was the plug that kept shutting down the board.

In the end it was one of the wires on the kick back opto board that had its insulation pierced and was shorting out.

Can’t believe that is all it was. Glad I sorted it out.
D8B78184-47A0-4B7D-AD2E-51EADA172BD6 (resized).jpegD8B78184-47A0-4B7D-AD2E-51EADA172BD6 (resized).jpeg

#13 4 years ago

nice!- thank you for sharing the findings.

#14 4 years ago

Wow, great catch! Thanks for following up with your findings.

1 week later
#15 4 years ago

As someone who has a game with node boards, I appreciate you sharing your findings. There are a lot of unknowns with regards to troubleshooting these, so we all benefit when people document their work on them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
$ 28.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,495 (Firm)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-pro-node-9-not-found?hl=retrogamerjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.