• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi.
I have hard time adjusting the Groot mouth switches on Guardians of the Galaxy.
occasionally the mouth will not open fully, making it impossible to start multiball.
The way to solve this is apparently to adjust the switches, but I have still not managed to get them adjusted in a way that completely eliminates this problem.
Anybody else experiencing this? I'm wondering if this is an unreliable design, or perhaps the switch is just bad.

Here is a video demonstrating the issue.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmpKRfXeRc5TrIpZapMuY21QG4ya7w
One switch will not register sometimes making the motor go to far and close the jaw a bit. I've tried to bend the leaf to adjust several times.

#2 6 years ago

I had that problem with .63 and seen it on other games. I have not had the problem with the current code. The problem did not come up often, so I may not played it enough on the current code.

2 weeks later
#3 6 years ago

After some more testing, I found that the Switch (micro roller actuator #180-5119-02) was not working right. It registered only about 4 of 5 times even when the micro button was pushed directly. I replaced the switch and the Groot mouth works perfectly again.

Quoted from Skuggemannen:

Hi.
I have hard time adjusting the Groot mouth switches on Guardians of the Galaxy.
occasionally the mouth will not open fully, making it impossible to start multiball.
The way to solve this is apparently to adjust the switches, but I have still not managed to get them adjusted in a way that completely eliminates this problem.
Anybody else experiencing this? I'm wondering if this is an unreliable design, or perhaps the switch is just bad.
Here is a video demonstrating the issue.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmpKRfXeRc5TrIpZapMuY21QG4ya7w
One switch will not register sometimes making the motor go to far and close the jaw a bit. I've tried to bend the leaf to adjust several times.

3 weeks later
#4 6 years ago

Hello,

I just received my Guardians of the Galaxy (Premium)-le a couple days ago, and while I do not have the problem as mentioned in the original post, I have noticed since moving to the latest code, Groots mouth remains open all of the time. I do recall it working on the version (.81) it shipped with. Wondering if anyone knows if this is a feature/issue of the .85 code, or will I need to look a bit deeper..

2 weeks later
#5 6 years ago

Mine has had issues also, would drop open a 1/4 inch every 20 or so seconds,, now after this last code update its not opening at all when hit, or sometimes is just open..

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Mine has had issues also, would drop open a 1/4 inch every 20 or so seconds,, now after this last code update its not opening at all when hit, or sometimes is just open..

Give stern a call. They think something went bad on the motor driver board, and are sending me another, hope to have it any day now..

3 weeks later
#7 6 years ago

Stern sent me a new lamp driver board,, the old one I took out had two green jumper wires on it, so they must have been trying to fix a problem before hand, the new board fixed my issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 25.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-groot-mouth-problem?hl=djoverpour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.