20180116_224646 (resized).jpg
GOTG Tape Deck (resized).JPG
GOTG Capture (resized).JPG
F001E89D-9FDB-4550-B4B8-4BA6106E6BA6 (resized).jpeg
20180108_220850 (resized).jpg
20180108_220851 (resized).jpg
20180108_220848 (resized).jpg
20180108_220852 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steigerpijp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Orb MB is still overpowered. Modes are more fun and meaningful in terms of providing audio and visual feedback, and most are completely redesigned.
You can plunge your ball 1 into instant-multiball by playing Quill's Quest, which is now a 2-ball MB.
Cherry Bomb MB mini-wizard mode is frenetic: 6-ball timed MB.

Orb is worth a lot but same for everyone, and its a risky shot. Turn off the mode selector on plunge. It is tough to shoot the mode scoop but when forced the game is even better.

I always go for either that or the orb drop while ball save is still running

#210 6 years ago

I think , but maybe I’m wrong , that you’re concentrating a lot on just orb MB.

I would say I am an average player, and 100 mil on orb is a good score, and no way an every game occurance. Ofcourse lining up a 2x multiplier on the broker, and a rocket 2x playfield will boost this, but doing this during a mode can also get you 100mil plus. Its all about where you use your 2x, or your hadron , you have to earn them first to use them (dont forget the 5x shot multiplier on finished modes during groot)

I just had a knowhere of 104, finished 7 modes and close to Xander, but my MB’s scoring I wasted to get them.

All in all, this game is getting good ... Real good once things line up and you hit them

#211 6 years ago

Oh, combo’s.. I still dont really grasp them , have not been trying to get them, doesnt give a clue either that you just made one, so I dont bother

#216 6 years ago

I love your tactic, very detailed , this isnt what I would call flailing during a multiball though

And the orb start sequence to lock in the base jackpot value, I had no idea. I just try and get it before it gets to zero so the MB starts This changes things a lot . Explains the big differences in supers that I get . Thanks!

#218 6 years ago

Yes , very cool and informative scoring tips

I had a 340 mil orb sjp on .87 code ,three weeks ago , and now I know why and how

#222 6 years ago

Its a great Strategy for points ..and then you tell a friend who can play, no chance of getting past that

01DD6D9D-ED2D-4B64-878D-B248147E57E6 (resized).jpeg01DD6D9D-ED2D-4B64-878D-B248147E57E6 (resized).jpeg

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Ran upon the Cherry Bomb Multiball double ball scoop hold problem. 2 Balls stayed in scoop for the duration of the mball. Came out after a ball search ok.

Same here.. Im sure it will get adressed in an update, as will the long scoop animations during MB, allthough extra ball always brings a smile when its playing .

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Whoa... 3BIL on GOTG??!? Time to take it off of 5-ball game, move those outlane posts out, and reinstall the tilt bob.

Well, he’s playing on those harder settings allready.. so maybe blindfolded the next time

Some guys just have it, I sure don’t

Ps. This was in .87, where you could spot SJP’s with a hard-on..

#237 6 years ago

Maybe its a skill thing too ..

Most of us are not in that league of 400 plus jackpots.. I quite enjoy the fact you can redeem a crappy score into ball 3 by activating orb, and cashing in on it

When playing for modes I last a lot longer

#240 6 years ago

Does anyone notice the magnet action is less active since the last code?

I used to get a nice catch, light swirl and drop onto my flippers when the orb released. These days I get a light pulse with cheap drains into the left outlane .

Tried adjusting the magnet but all 3 are mounted loosely to move a little.

Anyone got ideas?

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't remember the name of the guy from Stern that was on the stream from TPF with the preview of the code but he did say he was working on the rules with Lonnie now.

Mike V, ( vinacour?)

Yeah he seems very involved in the re-design of the old code into whats now a good and fun 0.90

I feel the main wizard is achievable , been close a couple of times , (and way off a lot of other attempts). Works well because I keep coming back like IM or AFM, not too hard but tough to master.

If some extra timed compulory combo’s could be added in the modes, that would boost it.

And maybe lower the combo champ to 5, that way the screen gets used 15 as a base seems on the high side

2 weeks later
#258 5 years ago

So, Reading this , you now complete a mode, automatically go to the secondary part, and cannot get out before draining or completing?

If so.. reaching the wizard modes is now very far away again . Hope Im wrong here. Im really, really liking the gameplay as is right now by being able to check out of a completed mode early

Oh, read it wrong..“ starting a new mode no longer stops a secondary mode”

I like the sound of this!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,495 (Firm)
$ 19.95
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 22.50
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steigerpijp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-code-feedback?tu=steigerpijp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.