20180116_224646 (resized).jpg
GOTG Tape Deck (resized).JPG
GOTG Capture (resized).JPG
F001E89D-9FDB-4550-B4B8-4BA6106E6BA6 (resized).jpeg
20180108_220850 (resized).jpg
20180108_220851 (resized).jpg
20180108_220848 (resized).jpg
20180108_220852 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JMcDonald.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

here's a cut/paste from the GotG owners thread that I posted about integration:
Interaction with the player ..... there's zero interaction. Shoot this, get a response. Perform this task, see a change on the screen, different music, different voice call outs. Right now its hit the blinking shots while watching this 2 min movie clip. There's no action/reaction. I could strip all the (beautiful) artwork off, change the movie clips, and it would be a great Rogue One game (would need to reface Groot too). Maybe retheme it to The Bachelor or even worse, the Kardashians. Look at past games, when you hit a ramp on Ironman, something happens...hit Whiplash, something happens. Hitting shots on GotG.... the movie clip continues to play over and over

Fair criticisms and I agree. A LOT of work is very much needed on GOTG right now. I also agree with the earlier comment that points awarded for the various modes is very weak. No sense going for them given the lack of reward. Just shoot Groot over and over if you care about score.

Anyone buy a GOTG topper? Is it interactive with the game at all?

#54 6 years ago

Installed .85 on an LE. I must be missing something. The upper top-right drop-in lanes. I light them both. And they just stay lit? Nothing is awarded, they just stay lit? What the heck is up with that? I must be missing something but it's confusing me because I know of no other game that does this.

Still disappointed .85 does not offer a heck of a lot more. Still no scoring balance and the modes still seem worthless going for. Still just shoot Groot, no?

I'm also still surprised at how little is accomplished in 3+ weeks of code development. Why can Stern not hire more developers? Just odd.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Speakerlightkits.com

I don't see GOTG listed as an option? Special request?

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

They stay lit because you need to complete all the lower lanes as well to light your shot multiplier which will then be locked on the next subsequent shot.

Wow, really? Has any other game ever done this? This was not obvious to me at all (Is there some indication that this is what a player needs to do?) Am I the only one who did not realize this? Probably, lol.

#77 6 years ago

I've noticed the timer for all modes starts counting down immediately before I even launch a ball. Is it possible to have it start only after a ball is launched? Or at least have a few second delay?

Also, I'd really love to see a callout when a mode is about to expire with 10 or 15 seconds left ("Time is running out!"). I know there is the counter in the upper left of the lcd, but you usually don't have a moment to look up and right now, the mode just ends out of the blue.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

It's ok folks keep buying and complaining. Stern doesn't really give a shit as long as you are forking over the $$$$. When are people going to wake up?

Huh? Who is complaining? We're just making suggestions or requests for various code updates. I love this game.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Oh I dunno

I'd call this complaining.....

Umm, you're quoting me and I was not complaining at all. I was only trying to understand what is gong on with those lanes. As I said, I love the game and am extremely happy with my purchase.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Hi. I was complaining.

Since you made that comment before the latest code update I'm curious what you think now assuming you've played .85? I certainly think a little more polishing is needed but I'm pretty happy with how fun this game is shaping up to be.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from ArtieKC:

Since updating to .85 I’m having multiple balls put into the shooter lane. Also having balls end during game play. Usually after a multiball it will end with last ball still in normal play and give bonus. Anyone else having these issues with .85?

I'm not having any of the issues you're noting. I'm on an LE. Can you clarify if you have a Pro or LE (just in case it's specific to your code download)?

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Just changed out my speakers to Flipper Fidelity Pro on my GOTGLE. Not sure about others but my speakers sounded horrible. It sounds much better now. However it is bad quality sound file that ads some distortion to the speakers. Stern please fix this. So I had to buy my own speakers on a 8600 LE model? I had to buy the laser cut rails? Can you please just give us some better code? That is the least you can do. Thanks really appreciate it.
Can someone with a GOTGLE or other model please check there speakers. This is a picture of my speakers that was installed inside of my GOTGLE they are 8ohm 12watts I checked inside of my SWLE and the speakers looked to be similar but they are different slightly smaller magnet and the ratings is 8ohm 4watts. There is a big difference in wattage My SWLE sounded 1,000 % better then my GOTG so I wanted to see why. Can someone else with a guardians that is pleased with there sound quality please confirm what speakers they have installed.
Thank you.
Picture of my old GOTGLE speakers

I'll check tomorrow. I have both LE's as well. I like Stern but yes, this is mind boggling how they cut corners given the price point. Star Wars in particular is a huge letdown even though it's still fun. They just went cheap as hell on all the details especially when compared to GOTG. No shaker, no real backglass, no blades, no action button surround plate, complete lack of toys, blah blah blah. I give JJP props for creating a superior quality product in this respect. I blame nobody but Gary for failing to seize on being a leader in the industry and instead just trying to profit short term as much as possible on the boom. No vision at all Gary.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Initial impression 0.85 code with about 20+ plays

When the player needs 1 more shot for the hardon Enforcer that shot should be blinking to call it out to the player “shoot this one to earn the enforcer”

Yes, that darn "hardon" enforcer! lol. Kidding but very good feedback and agree, great points.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from robotgreg:

Would help if mode timer only starts to count down once switch made rather than in shooter lane and paused during extra ball and multiball awards.
Some timers seem to last much more than others with comparable modes and range from 45 to 120. Upgrade does not award extra time for all modes which would help if it did.

I mentioned this one earlier as well. It's always frustrating (especially when you're playing with a buddy or others) and you're just standing there looking at the screen or playfield thinking about what you want to do and realize the timer has ticked off 10 or 15 seconds. Grrrr. Quite a bit of code tweaking like this is desperately needed on this game on top of other major issues noted. I really hope this game gets due attention because the artwork and layout nailed it in my book. It just needs the code to be knocked out of the park at this point and it has a way to go.

1 week later
#152 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I’ve been looking a Sterns website for code updates every day
Got it so wrong! Was informed at the EAG in London that code was 2 days away (18th)
Hope that Lonnie has been listening and the code update is EPIC!
I’m not playing it much as it is.. don’t like the way modes just play and there is no interaction

Agreed. I'm playing my other games more than GOTG at the moment. Desperately needs a major code update. It has been 3 weeks to the day since we've seen anything. I'd love to think Lonnie has been working on a huge update this whole time but my big fear is that he's already been asked to start work on the next title release. I hope I'm wrong because this game really deserves some attention.

1 month later
#196 6 years ago

I see nothing about the topper? I hope they just missed it in this list and it's not still only working in attract mode.

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well it's only .9 update not 1.0...keeeeep waiting.

Yeah, it's not that big of a deal and I definitely agree addressing modes and scoring should be a priority. But given the price tag on the topper ... please don't forget about it Stern, lol.

P.S - Are there like a couple hundred of us trying to download code right now? I'm coming up on nearly 3 hours and I'm probably just at about 60% downloaded.

1 month later
#272 5 years ago

Question for owners, would folks be opposed to Cherry Bomb multiball being available after completing 3 modes (instead of 4) by default? If it were a setting that would be fine but I feel like completing 3 modes for most is challenging enough. Thoughts?

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

3, don’t forget Quill. I agree, it’s perfect at 4 modes. I can get CBMB about every 10-15 games. It wouldn’t be as fun if I got it every other game.

Alright, you guys are certainly better players than I am, lol. I'm guessing I might get it every 40 games or so. I have to think the novice person playing this game on location will never see it. But it's all good.

2 weeks later
#278 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Came upon a software bug last night. Had 2 Balls locked for ORB Multiball, hit the mystery scoop which awarded me the 3rd Orb Lock target hit and lit the ORB Multi ready insert. Hit the ball into the orb lane and was awarded ball lock #1.
.95 code installed.

Missed the latest code update (1.0) by just a couple hours. Not sure if it got fixed in 1.0?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,495 (Firm)
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JMcDonald.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-code-feedback?tu=JMcDonald and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.