20180116_224646 (resized).jpg
GOTG Tape Deck (resized).JPG
GOTG Capture (resized).JPG
F001E89D-9FDB-4550-B4B8-4BA6106E6BA6 (resized).jpeg
20180108_220850 (resized).jpg
20180108_220851 (resized).jpg
20180108_220848 (resized).jpg
20180108_220852 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GravitaR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#176 6 years ago

Many changes, start/end modes with shot multiplier associated with Groot shots seems to be the goto.

1 month later
#221 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Thanks.
True... to get the maximum values, your'e not flailing. But even flailing, I see many people getting Combo 2x JP's during Orb unintentionally. I would argue that for many Orb MB's played "on the fly" or flailing, most players will be able to get at least three of the JP shots, and if they had bounced around enough during a prior Groot MB and Quills Quest MB, they could easily have two sets of Hadrons going into Orb MB. So if people know to save their HE for Orb MB, then after 3 Orb JP's, smack the action button 6 times to take you all the way to the Orb SJP being lit. If executed this way, I think most players will end Orb MB with over 100M from Orb MB alone.

Yes, it took me a few times of Orb MB to realize that the first shot back to the Orb drop target to release the captive ball locked in your base JP for the remainder of the MB. I think this is a nice rule. And with the latest code, they fixed the 2nd ball plunge to both (1) go all the way around the orbit instead of feeding into the pops, and (2) the timer is paused for a brief period following the plunge (vs the prior code where the hurry-up started counting down immediately after auto-plunging and kept ticking while your ball was in the pops).

Hehehe. Yeah, I know. I enjoy new games / new code, and discovering the nuance tips and tricks to maximize your progress toward wizard modes or maximize score.

By "that," do you mean executing the Orb sequence I described? Yes. Most of the time I play Orb, I get at least one SJP by using Hadrons. Granted, I have bad games where I'm on ball three with a pathetic score, so I go into my Orb MB without enough Hadrons to give me a shot at getting the replay -- I only have GOTG on location, so initial goal is always to make my next game free. And sometimes I fail miserably at Orb when I don't have Hadrons.

Strategy works pretty well, many thanks.
1st Orb Mball was worth ~460 Million, 2nd was only ~235 Million. Groot Mball won't talk about.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#224 6 years ago

Ran upon the Cherry Bomb Multiball double ball scoop hold problem. 2 Balls stayed in scoop for the duration of the mball. Came out after a ball search ok.

1 month later
#277 5 years ago

Came upon a software bug last night. Had 2 Balls locked for ORB Multiball, hit the mystery scoop which awarded me the 3rd Orb Lock target hit and lit the ORB Multi ready insert. Hit the ball into the orb lane and was awarded ball lock #1.

.95 code installed.

2 weeks later
#284 5 years ago

One GOTG Pro I play does the Ball to left outlane often, another one doesn't.

Bonus still carries over but in a different way now. Complete a mode or so and get an extra ball. Upon the extra ball the mode completion bonus carry's over if you don't tilt. I've tested this many times with just letting the EB drain and still get a massive bonus. The character related bonus's seem to zero out which is the weird part.

Code 1.01

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I don’t think this a bug, you get the bonus for completing a mode with every ball after that not just the EB. I think this was done to encourage mode completion as in earlier versions a lot of people were only playing Groot MB and later just focusing on Orb.

Could very well be the case but i haven't noticed it on the next ball though, just on an Extraball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GravitaR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-code-feedback?tu=GravitaR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.