20180116_224646 (resized).jpg
GOTG Tape Deck (resized).JPG
GOTG Capture (resized).JPG
F001E89D-9FDB-4550-B4B8-4BA6106E6BA6 (resized).jpeg
20180108_220850 (resized).jpg
20180108_220851 (resized).jpg
20180108_220848 (resized).jpg
20180108_220852 (resized).jpg

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It won't. It's been at my distro since before it dropped. No worries, I'll have the USB stick ready to go!

What you really mean is you'll have a new SD card with cleland version of the sound package on .90 ready to go, right?

#252 5 years ago

With .90, it really seems that fresh blood is working on the code for this game now. Anyone know if this game has been transferred over to one of the new programmers at Stern, like Tim Sexton?

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

With .90, it really seems that fresh blood is working on the code for this game now. Anyone know if this game has been transferred over to one of the new programmers at Stern, like Tim Sexton?

I don't remember the name of the guy from Stern that was on the stream from TPF with the preview of the code but he did say he was working on the rules with Lonnie now.

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't remember the name of the guy from Stern that was on the stream from TPF with the preview of the code but he did say he was working on the rules with Lonnie now.

Mike V, ( vinacour?)

Yeah he seems very involved in the re-design of the old code into whats now a good and fun 0.90

I feel the main wizard is achievable , been close a couple of times , (and way off a lot of other attempts). Works well because I keep coming back like IM or AFM, not too hard but tough to master.

If some extra timed compulory combo’s could be added in the modes, that would boost it.

And maybe lower the combo champ to 5, that way the screen gets used 15 as a base seems on the high side

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Mike V, ( vinacour?)
Yeah he seems very involved in the re-design of the old code into whats now a good and fun 0.90
I feel the main wizard is achievable , been close a couple of times , (and way off a lot of other attempts). Works well because I keep coming back like IM or AFM, not too hard but tough to master.
If some extra timed compulory combo’s could be added in the modes, that would boost it.
And maybe lower the combo champ to 5, that way the screen gets used 15 as a base seems on the high side

That makes sense. Mike played on the IMDN stream Tuesday. Where was that stated? A podcast?

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Mike V, ( vinacour?)

Yeah, that's the guy. He was on Dead Flip's stream from TPF explaining it: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/239792323

2 weeks later
#257 5 years ago

Update!!!!

* STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* (C) COPYRIGHT 2018 STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY *

HELP US, HELP YOU! If you have any suggestions, questions, need technical
advice, find errors or have comments, contact us through our website:

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml

or call 1-800-542-5377. You can also email [email protected] to
report any software problems.

This text file and all other documents relating to this product, playfield
components, features, rules, programming and operation are subject to change
without notice (Service Bulletins, if applicable, available through our
website).

Installation notice:
The code release is in ZIP format.
The code download will need to be unzipped before installing on a USB stick.

Update instructions:
Download the zip file.
Unzip the file; this will create a folder that contains two files.
Open the folder, copy the two files to the root level of a USB stick. (Do not copy the folder.)
Power the game off.
Insert the USB stick.
Turn the game on.
After the game boots up, there will be an option for software update.
The volume buttons change options for full or quick update. The enter button selects the option and starts the update.
Once the update is completed, turn the game off and remove the USB stick.
Turn the game on and the game will be running the new code.

PRO V0.95 - April 26, 2018
=====================

- Fixed an issue where mystery would award Orb lit when it was already lit.
- Optimized Trinket award display effects that are used during the Antiquities Shop mode.
- Added new pop bumper display f/x to Yaka Arrow 2.
- Fixed a bug where mode select was not showing the correct amount of time for a mode.
- Now the top lane skill shot lamp will be aligned with a top lane Escape Kyln lamp
(if Escape Kyln is Active) making it easier to collect both awards at once.
- Optimized mode display effect artwork load times.
- Fixed a scoring bug in Antiquities Shop.
- The first session of Quill's Quest is a 2 ball multiball. If both balls drain before the mode
is completed the next ball will make mode select available instead of putting the game back into Quill's Quest.
- Modified score positions for alternate mode 2 award display effects that appear and co-exist with
primary mode/multiball award display effects.
- Now the Sibling Rivalry 2 start display effect is aborted if the Sibling Rivalry 2 award is collected before
the Sibling Rivalry 2 start display effect has had an opportunity to run. This also holds true for
Yaka Arrow 2 and Quill's Quest 2 start display effects.
- Increased Groot Multiball base jackpot scores.
- Decreased Orb Multiball base HurryUp scores.
- Fixed a bug where mode start display effects could cause the game, over time, to reset.
- Fixed an animation bug with the Knowhere 2 artwork.
- Added rules to Groot to compensate for a disabled Groot Motor, i.e. hit Groot to simulate a Groot ball lock event.
- Fixed an issue where the Yaka Arrow 2 pops were not showing the correct display effect while other modes were running.
- Fixed a bug on Yaka Arrow 2 pops where the first pop hit was not showing any display information.
- Optimized Pod Chase 2 display effects.
- Added layered display effects for Yaka Arrow 2 and Sibling Rivalry 2.
- Fixed an issue where the pop bumpers rule wouldn't display any information on 1 pop hit.
- Now mode select is available following the Cherry Bomb Multiball completion/ball draining sequence.
- Fixed a bug where mode select was started prematurely upon shooting the right scoop to collect the last shot of a mode award.
- Fixed Quill's Quest 2 display effect criteria of which award should be shown.
- Added a Quill's Quest 2 award lightshow.
- Fixed a bug where collecting the final Quill's Quest award at the right scoop would start/collect/finish Quill's Quest 2.
- Added a Hadron Enforcer Limit adjustment, default= 3. This limits the number of Hadron Enforcer 'shots' you can have in reserve.
- Added new artwork/sound fx to Quill's Quest 2.
- Fixed a bug where, upon locking a ball in Groot's mouth, the new ball auto launched into play could start a super skill shot event.
- Added a layered display effect award to Quill's Quest 2.
- Added flipper blowoff to Yaka Arrow 2 mode start display effect.
- Added new artwork for Knowhere 2 display effect awards.
- Added enhancements to the Sanctuary 2 award display effect.
- Added sound f/x to Knowhere, Knowhere 2 & Pod Chase 2.
- Modified mode 2 award display effects and logic to co-exist with primary/secondary/multiball award display effects.
- Optimized Save Xandar to use less display processes.
- Modified mode 2 alternate awards to be positioned lower on the display.
- The Hadron Enforcer is no longer available to collect the final shot during Immolation Initiative.
- Fixed a bug where the Hadron Enforcer was allowed to collect the Super Jackpot during Save Xandar.
- Fixed a bug that could crash the game during Save Xandar.
- Added sound fx/speech to Save Xandar.
- Optimized Cherry Bomb Multiball display effect processes as they were contributing to balls being
held in the right scoop during Cherry Bomb Multiball.
- Yaka Arrow 2, Pod Chase 2, Escape Kyln 2, Knowhere 2 & Sanctuary 2 award display effects were being cut short/off
by the their associated total screen upon mode completion. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where the Hadron Enforcer was allowed to collect the first jackpot during Orb Multiball.
- Added speech (last ball) and sound effects to outlanes.
- Added stacking to secondary mode award display effects.
- The Sibling Rivalry 2 background display effect was displaying the wrong score award total, this has been fixed.
- Optimized the Sibling Rivalry 2 award display effect.
- Quill's Quest 2 was starting to count down too soon, this has been fixed.
- Added logic for Quill's Quest Hurryup starting value's last digit to be zero.
- Added rules for Quill's Quest 2, a HurryUp centric rule. Shot the right scoop to collect a HurryUp award that
starts at 10% of your score.
- Optimized Pod Chase 2 background lamp effect.
- Added functionality to allow layered "mode 2" awards to finish displaying before showing their associated total screen.
- Changed rules for Yaka Arrow 2, i.e. a super pop bumper centric rule. There are 50 Yaka Arrow Pop Awards.
Collect 1 at a time for each pop bumper hit, or, collect all of them at once by shooting the Yondu Lane/Target.
- Added rules for Sibling Rivalry 2, a Gamora right ramp centric rule. Shot the right ramp to collect all of the points
earned during Sibling Rivalry.
- Now Secondary modes, i.e. Yaka Arrow 2, Sanctuary 2, etc.. persist until the end of the ball or until all of their
associated points have been collected. Starting a new mode at the right scoop no longer stops Secondary modes.
- Fixed a bug where the Drax shot during upgraded Knowhere was not scoring correctly.
- Fixed a bug where the Yondu shot during upgraded Yaka Arrow was not scoring correctly.
- Added "flash lamp" style lamp effects to mode awards.
- Added topper effects to mode awards.
- fixed a bug where the Broker shot during upgraded Antiquities Shop was not scoring correctly.
- Added a new guardians target bank "letter collected" topper effect.
- Added a topper lightshow for completing Guardian targets.
- Added a topper switch hit effect.
- Added topper light effects.
- Added a main play background topper light effect (which illuminates the topper based upon the mode/multiball that is active).
- Added topper effects that occur during playfield "flasher" events.
- Optimized how layered display effects are killed prior to being replaced with a new layered display effect.
- Increased the size of the current player's score to make it easier to read.
- Fixed an issue where queued up mode awards would cause award light shows to play improperly.
This also occasionally allowed stacked awards to show on top of one another.

- Improved LED refresh rate and blink consistency.
- Improved reporting of shorted General Illumination bulbs and sockets.

#258 5 years ago

So, Reading this , you now complete a mode, automatically go to the secondary part, and cannot get out before draining or completing?

If so.. reaching the wizard modes is now very far away again . Hope Im wrong here. Im really, really liking the gameplay as is right now by being able to check out of a completed mode early

Oh, read it wrong..“ starting a new mode no longer stops a secondary mode”

I like the sound of this!

#259 5 years ago

Yep, now you can stack a super mode with a regular mode, making them much more worthwhile!

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yep, now you can stack a super mode with a regular mode, making them much more worthwhile!

I love that they are putting more emphasis on mode completion rather than just qualification. Before the Level 2's were just there...no real incentive to complete a mode other than Cherry Bomb because the Level 2's didn't score any real points. Now you can stack modes with every Level 2 still running until you drain.

Not that I complete multiple modes on a single ball (yet), but if you do this machine will blow up now. It's really coming together and still at .95.

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I love that they are putting more emphasis on mode completion rather than just qualification. Before the Level 2's were just there...no real incentive to complete a mode other than Cherry Bomb because the Level 2's didn't score any real points. Now you can stack modes with every Level 2 still running until you drain.
Not that I complete multiple modes on a single ball (yet), but if you do this machine will blow up now. It's really coming together and still at .95.

You didn't have to finish any level 2's to get to Cherry Bomb, just finish 4 of the main modes.

#262 5 years ago

Some of the super modes were already pretty valuable, especially in a match play situation. Taking a super into MB could make the difference between you and the next player.

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Some of the super modes were already pretty valuable, especially in a match play situation. Taking a super into MB could make the difference between you and the next player.

Is there somewhere to read up on the super modes?

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is there somewhere to read up on the super modes?

They’ve changed a lot over the last few releases, but they should be stable now. I’ll try to write something up this weekend, with glass off.

#265 5 years ago

Anyone else notice the magnet isn't grabbing the ball upon release from the Orb anymore under .95?

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Anyone else notice the magnet isn't grabbing the ball upon release from the Orb anymore under .95?

I hope that's not true. That's one of the coolest things about the game, for me. It needs to be a setting, if some people want to disable it.

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I hope that's not true. That's one of the coolest things about the game, for me. It needs to be a setting, if some people want to disable it.

In the main thread for GOTG, some people have chimed in that they aren't having this issue.

I'm not sure why mine has stopped working after the code update. The magnet works in all the other modes/capacities.

#268 5 years ago

Rolling back to .90 didn't solve the problem, nor lowering the game back to 65 degrees.

The magnet is firing, just a split second too late.

I think it might be because I cleaned my playfield with Novus 1, and it playing slicker than snot. I think the ball is rolling too fast.

Stern, please change the code to either fire the magnet a second faster, or have some controls for it in the software menu. Everyone's game may play slightly different, and I think many of us would like to be able to tweak the magnet as the need arrives.

#269 5 years ago

These are things I've noticed that can be improved/fixed with code updates.
1. The mode clock needs to reset with a new ball after a drain in the same mode. Ghostbusters and Star Trek did this. It is pointless to start a new ball with 2 seconds left in the mode.
2. The mode clock needs to pause during on-screen animations that we can't skip. Orb multi-ball startup is a egregious example of this, but there are others as well.
3. There is a delay after the ball enters the shooter lane before you can launch it with the lockdown bar button. If you press it too early after the ball enters the shooter lane, the screen and sound will change, but you need to hit the button a second time to launch the ball. This is frustrating when you're anxious to shoot the ball off again quickly. Star Trek didn't have this problem with its lockdown bar button.
4. "Shoot Again" clip is sometimes completely mute for some reason.
5. Inconsistent registering of the skill shot on the left ball guide above the pops. Switch is functioning perfectly in manual test, so I know this is code related.
6. The magnet needs to fire a second faster to provide a more consistent "hard catch" of the ball when it leaves the orb shot.
That's all I can think of right now.

#270 5 years ago

Great feedback. I have noticed these as well and it would be an improvement. Things are shaping up nicely...

#271 5 years ago

I would suggest everyone write their suggestions, bugs, and quirks to:

[email protected]

#272 5 years ago

Question for owners, would folks be opposed to Cherry Bomb multiball being available after completing 3 modes (instead of 4) by default? If it were a setting that would be fine but I feel like completing 3 modes for most is challenging enough. Thoughts?

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

Question for owners, would folks be opposed to Cherry Bomb multiball being available after completing 3 modes (instead of 4) by default? If it were a setting that would be fine but I feel like completing 3 modes for most is challenging enough. Thoughts?

I dunno. This game already has two fairly easy to achieve multi-balls. Getting four modes completed feels like you've accomplished something. It's a satisfying feeling.

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I dunno. This game already has two fairly easy to achieve multi-balls. Getting four modes completed feels like you've accomplished something. It's a satisfying feeling.

3, don’t forget Quill. I agree, it’s perfect at 4 modes. I can get CBMB about every 10-15 games. It wouldn’t be as fun if I got it every other game.

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

3, don’t forget Quill. I agree, it’s perfect at 4 modes. I can get CBMB about every 10-15 games. It wouldn’t be as fun if I got it every other game.

Alright, you guys are certainly better players than I am, lol. I'm guessing I might get it every 40 games or so. I have to think the novice person playing this game on location will never see it. But it's all good.

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

I have to think the novice person playing this game on location will never see it.

The novice person on location doesn’t even know it’s there. Every 40 games I plenty frequent if you ask me. If the game is too easy it gets old quick.

2 weeks later
#277 5 years ago

Came upon a software bug last night. Had 2 Balls locked for ORB Multiball, hit the mystery scoop which awarded me the 3rd Orb Lock target hit and lit the ORB Multi ready insert. Hit the ball into the orb lane and was awarded ball lock #1.

.95 code installed.

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Came upon a software bug last night. Had 2 Balls locked for ORB Multiball, hit the mystery scoop which awarded me the 3rd Orb Lock target hit and lit the ORB Multi ready insert. Hit the ball into the orb lane and was awarded ball lock #1.
.95 code installed.

Missed the latest code update (1.0) by just a couple hours. Not sure if it got fixed in 1.0?

1 week later
#279 5 years ago

Code is coming along great (might be close to the finished product)! Thank you Stern for addressing this title.

Am I just missing something? Is there a setting to put a "Ball Save" on the Rocket kick out? Similar to Gene's Head on Kiss...

If not, wouldn't it be good to have that option? It's such a tight shot and a necessary shot for some of the modes/multiballs that I hate being rewarded with a 100mph fastball to the drain!

#280 5 years ago

Is the orb magnet on the Pros fixed in the most recent code or is it still just tossing it to the left outlane?

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is the orb magnet on the Pros fixed in the most recent code or is it still just tossing it to the left outlane?

Mine very rarely tosses it into the outlane and it never really has so I don't think it's really code related. More often than not on mine the ball will slow or pseudo-stop and then drop to the left flipper, sometimes the right. May have something to do with how steep the game is setup, mine is about 7.25 - 7.5 degrees.

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Mine very rarely tosses it into the outlane and it never really has so I don't think it's really code related. More often than not on mine the ball will slow or pseudo-stop and then drop to the left flipper, sometimes the right. May have something to do with how steep the game is setup, mine is about 7.25 - 7.5 degrees.

Yeah yours is the only one I’ve played where it plays nice. The others were on location and maybe too steep/shallow.

#283 5 years ago

the location GotGs here (3 that I play regularly) have never had that issue of throwing it to the outlane on a regular basis. In maybe 30-40 games I've played/watched it's only happened once

1 week later
#284 5 years ago

One GOTG Pro I play does the Ball to left outlane often, another one doesn't.

Bonus still carries over but in a different way now. Complete a mode or so and get an extra ball. Upon the extra ball the mode completion bonus carry's over if you don't tilt. I've tested this many times with just letting the EB drain and still get a massive bonus. The character related bonus's seem to zero out which is the weird part.

Code 1.01

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

One GOTG Pro I play does the Ball to left outlane often, another one doesn't.
Bonus still carries over but in a different way now. Complete a mode or so and get an extra ball. Upon the extra ball the mode completion bonus carry's over if you don't tilt. I've tested this many times with just letting the EB drain and still get a massive bonus. The character related bonus's seem to zero out which is the weird part.
Code 1.01

I don’t think this a bug, you get the bonus for completing a mode with every ball after that not just the EB. I think this was done to encourage mode completion as in earlier versions a lot of people were only playing Groot MB and later just focusing on Orb.

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I don’t think this a bug, you get the bonus for completing a mode with every ball after that not just the EB. I think this was done to encourage mode completion as in earlier versions a lot of people were only playing Groot MB and later just focusing on Orb.

Could very well be the case but i haven't noticed it on the next ball though, just on an Extraball.

1 week later
#287 5 years ago

I am having the weirdest issue after doing the latest code on GOTG. The score will not stop scrolling. Anyone else having this issue? I emailed Stern but got no answer.

#288 5 years ago

Quills Quest only is loading additional Ball on game start after launch of the first ball with newest code.

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from themacguru:

Quills Quest only is loading additional Ball on game start after launch of the first ball with newest code.

You get a 2 ball MB the first time you start Quill's Quest regardless on which ball of the game you're on. After you loose one ball, you can restart the mode (either by shooting the scoop or draining and selecting the mode again on the next ball) but it is only a one ball mode after that. I believe this is the intended behavior.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Battle Creek, MI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 25.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 28.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-code-feedback/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.